Death of the Party โ†  Hemlock...

By seIcouth

โYou're in love with him and he's in love with you and it's a goddamn tragedy, because you look at him and se... More

intro / disclaimer
epigraph
00 ; pretty young things
01 ; o'malley oh my
02 ; green eyes
03 ; posh spice
04 ; wuthering heights
05 ; scout's honor
06 ; darling
07 ; watching you, watching him
08 ; bon appรฉtit
09 ; the godfrey castle
10 ; swaddled in blood
11 ; some help from a friend
12 ; hell talks
13 ; the definition of a person
15 ; experience is a writer's material
16 ; an orphan before birth
epilogue

14 ; where do us witches go

4.5K 214 16
By seIcouth

There was a grogginess in Eden's head as her eyelids began to flutter to life. Long and fragile against her supple cheekbones. Hesitating for a moment, Eden clenched her hands into fists, feeling warm sheets crumble in her grip.

Finally opening her eyes, Eden hissed as sunlight blurred through the blinds. Moving her face into the pillow underneath her head, Eden instantly tensed upon smelling familiar cologne. Like she was burned, Eden darted backwards, red hair smacking against her jawline as she stared at the luxurious covers of Roman Godfrey's bed.

Taking in more of her surroundings, Eden found that she was alone in the heir's bedroom. Which was covered with laundry and reeked of teenage boy. Scrunching up her face, Eden lifted a hand to push her hair behind her ear, only to have the sheets covering her chest fall downwards.

A startled sound left Eden as she realized how cool her legs felt - because they were bare. Quickly shoving off the covers from her legs, she scanned the rest of herself, seeing that she was dressed in a floral printed nightgown that definitely didn't belong to her or Roman.

Ghosting fingers over her thighs, Eden touched the familiar stretch-marks there, and let out a soft breath. Her hands finding the lightning marks on her skin strangely comforting as everything else was so foreign.

Choosing to face the problem head-on, Eden removed herself swiftly from Roman's bed. Which, she had to admit, was pretty damn comfortable. Pushing down the frilly skirt of the gown, Eden moved towards the door of the bedroom, opening it to reveal a long hallway.

Turning left, Eden made her way quickly down the hallway, hoping with everything in her soul that she didn't run into Olivia Godfrey.

Especially half-dressed and leaving from the direction of her teenage son's room. While it wasn't as if Eden hadn't messed around with Roman before, but she'd be lying if she said she was comfortable with Olivia knowing about it.

The wooden stairs were cold on Eden's bare feet, making her wince and trot down them awkwardly. As if terrorizing her, Eden had to hop her way across the marble flooring of the Godfrey mansion. Freckled arms locked around her ribcage, to stop her chest from bouncing painfully despite still wearing a bra - thankfully.

Eden heard movement as she got closer to where she supposed the kitchen was. Given the smells wafting from the direction, Eden gathered that whomever she was going to run into had to be making eggs and bacon.

Thankfully, as Eden glanced into the kitchen, she caught sight of Roman's familiar head of hair. The male was leaning over the stove, moving a plate of eggs around in a pan, his movements swift and his mind elsewhere.

"Roman," Eden hissed, and she watched as the boy jerked in surprise before turning to glare at her.

"What are you doing out of bed?"

"Did we have sex?" Eden ignored Roman's question for an answer to hers instead.

Roman seemed to pause for a moment, staring at Eden tensely. "Did you just ask if we had sex?"

Annoyance crawled up Eden's throat, but she swallowed it down. "Give past events it's not that far of a stretch to assume that happened. Now, did we?"

As she explained, Roman seemed to get even more disturbed. His large hand turned off the knob on the stove, eggs forgotten as he stepped towards her. "Do you really not remember anything that happened last night?"

Eden felt her eyebrows scrunch together. "I remember-"

She paused, trying to find the words she had been searching for. Yet, nothing came to mind but a hot slice of pain across her throat. Instantly, Eden's fingers went to the focal point of the pain, feeling as her fingertips touched the flaking skin around her trachea.

"Don't touch it," Roman moved quickly, body once so far away and now so near. He grabbed Eden's wrist gently, green eyes studying Eden's throat with a disturbing intensity.

Then, Roman shook his head, collecting himself from his thoughts. "I think it needs more cream. I didn't want it to get chaffed when you slept."

"How?" Eden croaked, feeling her stomach drop in panic.

She didn't wait for a reply from Roman, choosing to instead turn around in the kitchen's entryway and head towards the nearest mirror. Which happened to be a bit farther down the hallway, which Eden stopped at with a wildly beating heart.

Across the entire expanse of her throat, purple and no thicker than a wire was a bruise. Nasty in it's color, trying to replicate that of a plum. It was splotchy in some areas, yellow and sickly. While other parts still looked to be clogged with blood, clumped and deep magenta.

Eden stared at the latitude laying injury on her throat and remembered instantly who had made it. "Chasseur."

"She barely let you out of there alive," Roman said, watching her from a few feet away, large body resting against the aristocratic wallpaper of the hallway. He reminded Eden of a scolded toddler, looking out from underneath his styled hair at her. "I had to leave Peter. But-I just- I brought you back here and then went back-"

"No one is blaming you," Eden said, craning her eyes away from her reflection and towards Roman. "You didn't try to choke me to death Roman, this was all Chasseur."

"I should've been there-" Roman choked out, voice tight. His hands balled into fists by his sides and then without another word he turned back into the kitchen.

Eden let him be alone for a few moments, sparing another glance at herself in the mirror before turning away. She met back with Roman in the kitchen, choosing the next issue to tackle. "Where is Peter?"

"Upstairs," Roman said, flicking his gaze upwards for a moment. "After I left you here, I went back to look for him in the mill. Chasseur had taken him but then my mother called and told me to come back and watch over him here."

Confusion reeled in Eden, top lip twisting. "Did she save him? I thought she hated Peter."

"I didn't ask," Roman counter-replied, fingers tapping on the counter.

"And so the plot thickens," Eden murmured underneath her breath, and Roman hummed in agreement.

Hesitating for a moment longer, Eden looked at Roman. "Can we see him?"

"He's still out-cold," Roman shrugged, biting the corner of his lip. "I've been checking on him every hour. I watched him shift back into being, well you know..human Peter, again. If you thought the first time was amazing, this shift was something else."

"You sound like you have a crush," Eden snorted in laughter, and paused when Roman didn't share the humor of the joke. Instead, he just stood there, staring at Eden's face without a word.

"Roman?" Eden said, suddenly somber and stepping closer. "Are you-"

"I don't know how I feel," Roman gritted out, and Eden knew instantly that her question had been one Roman had asked himself multiple times already. So, she watched the heir work himself out. "I just, when I saw you getting choked and then having to leave Peter and not being able to find him-I just- I remember thinking that I couldn't- no, wouldn't- loose either of you."

Warmth radiated in Eden's chest. She struck before Roman could turn away, short arms wrapping around the male's tall frame. She pressed her head underneath Roman's collarbones, squeezing his midsection tightly. "Peter and I aren't going anywhere."

"You can't promise that," Roman replied, but he relaxed into Eden's hold despite his words.

Eden gasped, smiling brightly, and trying to look affronted. "What do you mean I can't promise that? I'm a witch remember? We don't live by the basic rules of humanity."

The smile that reached Roman's face was frail. So, Eden decided that she'd give him something real to hold onto. "I think that we need to tell Peter soon."

Rigidity filled every muscle in Roman. "We?"

"Yes Roman," Eden trailed off, slowly baring herself to the other male. "I think you and I might be suffering from the same Peter induced affliction."

If possible, Roman got even more stiff. "Have you just been using me this whole time?"

Shock made Eden snap away from Roman, looking at his face. Her anger getting even worse when she saw that Roman was serious. "Excuse me? Of course not, Roman. Why would you even ask me something like that?"

Roman deflated, green eyes still too watery for Eden's taste. "I just- I didn't mean it that way. I just-"

"I love you," Eden said slowly, making sure that Roman couldn't misunderstand her words. She held him tightly to herself, green irises meeting their matching counterparts. "I just happen to love Peter, too. Both of you make up the two halves of my heart. You know, if we're getting poetic about it."

Once the words were out in the open, Eden tried to find any sense of regret. Yet, she found none. Despite only knowing each of the boys for a few months, there was something in her chest that hadn't been ignited until she had met the both of them. Peter and Roman weren't just Eden's best friends, they were her soulmates. She was sure of it. Something about their unbreakable, instantaneous connection seemed almost inevitable to the ginger. You didn't just connect with two people that strongly unless you were meant to be something more eventually. Monogamy be damned.

In an instant, Roman's eyes filled with mirth, and he jerked Eden's chin into a kiss. Despite his overwhelming urge to kiss her, his hands were delicate around her throat, not wanting to jostle the sensitive skin there. Eden sighed into the kiss, her fingers twisting in the light green fabric of Roman's T-shirt and melting into his embrace.

Once they pulled away, Roman pressed his forehead to hers. "I love you, too. I'm scared, hell, I'm terrified, but if I were to love anyone it'd be you."

"And Peter," Eden reminded, smiling.

Roman nodded after a moment. "And Peter. Of course."

They stood there for a moment, basking in the sea of their confessions before Eden was jerking back to life. "We should go check on Peter. See if he's actually moved."

Both of them made their way up the stairs, Roman placing a hand onto Eden's waist to lead her into what Eden's supposes is Shelley's bedroom. The youngest female Godfrey isn't there, but in the middle of the room by the window, where Roman had once laid unconscious, was Peter filling his place.

The werewolf is shirtless, a dark angrily drawn 'G' is on the side of his ribcage. Peter is still, breathing even and steady, but Eden can't help but need to touch him. She places a gentle hand onto Peter's chest above his heart, pressing down to feel the heavy thumps of the organ.

Like her touch had been the missing piece, Peter's gasping to life, his hand grabbing Eden's wrist tightly. The red-head gasps in shock, watching as Peter's blue eyes blink into consciousness, foggy with confusion.

"Peter?" Eden asks, trying to get the werewolf's attention on her. "Peter, can you hear me?"

"Did you drag me back here?" Peter's voice is hoarse, and his fingers rub harshly at his eyelids.

"Last I saw you were down," Roman said, stepping into view.

"Down?"

"Chasseur shot you with a dart," Roman said, and motioned towards Eden. "We tried to stop her but she threatened Eden and I had to keep my promise."

"Promise?" Eden questioned, looking in between the two boys.

"She did that to your neck?" Peter asked instead, choosing to ignore Eden. His eyes were set on the bruise across Eden's throat, jaw tense. Something menacing was in his gaze. Not aimed at Eden, but most likely towards the thought of Chasseur touching her.

"Yes," Eden croaked, heart speeding up for a reason she couldn't name. "That's not important right now. What we need to think about is Chasseur."

"Oh Chasseur!" Peter growls, clenching his fists at his sides. Once he recovers, he's looking at them both. "Have you heard from my mom?"

"No," Roman shrugs, confused.

"Shit, shit, shit." Peter grumbles, shoving Eden gently out of his way to slip from the bed.

"Hey, stop you're hurt," Eden snaps, moving to shove Peter back onto the bed.

"If those fuckers know about me then they know about her," Peter insists, but his voice is weakening as he says it.

"Hey, hey, hey, stay here," Roman states, shoving Peter back harder than Eden ever could. "I'll go check the trailer for your mom, alright? I'll make sure she's alright."

"Yeah, ok, whatever. Just go, please." Peter said softly, relaxing back into the sheets.

"I'll stay here," Eden said, giving a tiny smile to Roman. Her hands wrapped tightly around herself, "I'll help Peter with his catheter or something."

"Ha, ha," Peter grunted out, monotone. Border-lining on annoyance.

Roman grinned however, gently pushing a hair from Eden's forehead delicately with his index finger before leaving the room. Eden watched him leave, green eyes wistfully watching the broad shoulders walk out of sight.

"When did that happen?" Peter's voice made Eden jump.

"What?" She asked, turning towards him and removing the hair that wanted to stick in the corner of her mouth. Peter was watching her, a confused crinkle in between his eyebrows.

"You and Roman," Peter clarified, jerking his head in the direction Roman had left. "When did that happen?"

Eden debated for a moment. "A few weeks ago,"

A whistle left Peter's mouth, eyebrows shooting up in surprise. "And you kept this from me?"

Sighing, Eden moved so she could sit by Peter's thigh on the bed. Ignoring how she knew the other male was naked underneath the sheet. "I wanted to tell you. We both did but we weren't sure how to. It's complicated to say the least."

Peter is silent for a few moments. "We need to catch up on our weekly sleepovers. I barely know you anymore, O'Malley."

Laughing slightly, Eden replied, "You know me better than anyone, Peter."

A gleam entered Peter's eyes, and he smugly replied. "I do, don't I?"

With a few minutes passing between them, something ignited in Eden's blood that had her swiftly breaking eye contact and moving away from the bed. "You ready to eat something?"

Peter nodded, letting out a sigh. "I'm starving."

With a bit of help, the two of them managed to make their way to Roman's kitchen. Where Peter got the strength to cook a steak. Well, cook was used loosely, because Eden saw nothing but blood red whenever Peter bit into the piece of meat.

She was about to open her mouth to comment her disgust, when Letha's voice echoed into the home. Eden tensed, sharing a look with Peter, before turning towards the doorway. Letha stood there, bag held loosely in her hand as her blue eyes held Peter's.

"Come here," Peter gasped, and in a moment Letha was embracing him.

The two tightly clinging to one another like they were afraid someone was going to tear the other away at any moment. Eden was tempted to, but held back.

Pulling away, Letha spoke, "How is it possible to miss someone so much after one day, huh?"

"I think you're supposed to be mad at me," Peter replied, always snarky.

Letha was quick in her reply. "Who says I'm not?"

"Oh, so you're mad at me?"

A huff left Letha's lips, "Are boys always this stupid?"

Clearing her throat, Eden caught Letha's attention. "The answer to that question is yes and that's why God made women. To pick up the slack if you will."

"Eden!" Letha gasped, and the blonde surprised the other female by giving her a tight hug.

Eden went tense in the embrace, but decided that Letha didn't deserve her dislike. She hugged the blonde to her chest, giving a small smile when Letha pulled away. Eden opened her mouth to speak, when the sound of a police car siren was heard outside.

The noise instantly brought fear down Eden's spine. "Shit."

"Come on, let's go." Peter stated, grabbing Letha's hand and jerking her from the kitchen.

Eden rushed after them, bare feet slapping against the flooring. The backdoor to the kitchen opened, allowing officers through the place the three teenagers had once been a second earlier.

"Son of a bitch! They're inside!" A voice yelled behind them, and Eden rushed down the hallway behind Letha. The pregnant girl holding her stomach, trying to keep up with Peter's brisk pace.

More doors opened in the house, and Eden could hear rushed footsteps. Her body coiling as she tried to make sure she didn't fall behind or leave Letha too.

Coming up to a balcony overlooking a staircase, Letha grabbed Peter's arm. "Peter, they think you killed them?"

Peter gazed at her head-on, "Cops don't think. Come on, front door."

The three of them rushed quickly down the stairs, turning towards the front door when someone was grabbing Eden's arm. Jerking her backwards and sending her spiraling down onto the floor.

"Eden!" This was Letha, voice shrill with panic.

"No, no, no," Peter chanted, watching as the men surrounded around them.

"Stop fucking now," An officer commanded, pointing his gun at Peter.

Eden, who was still perched on the floor, tried to stand upwards only for the cop to kick the back of her knees roughly. She barely caught herself from smacking her jaw onto the floor, causing a deranged snarl to rip from her lips.

"Fucking pigs," She mumbled, pushing hair from her face.

"Motherfucker," Peter sighed, body tensing.

"All three of you turn around, hands in the air," The officer commanded, and the three of them did as told. Slowly turning around to look at the officer's face.

"That's that," Peter grumbled, blue eyes towards the ceiling in resignation.

Eden knew the sentiment.

"The place looks empty. You alright?" One cop asked, looking at the other.

"Just dandy. Unlike this piece of murdering shit." The blue vested officer stated, voice clipped and angry. Hatred burning in his eyes as he motioned towards Letha. "Move aside."

"He didn't do anything," Letha cried, holding her stomach tightly.

"Bullshit he didn't," The officer wearing the vest snapped, then Eden connected eyes with the man. "And I bet this piece of trash helped, didn't you?"

Instead of answering, Eden spit towards the officer's shoes. "Fuck you,"

In an instant, the officer went to hit her. Eden ducked, and Peter went to cover her when the officer incepted his arms and grabbed them roughly. Handcuffs working out into the air, as he growled, "Peter Rumancek, you have the right to remain fucked. If you choose to waive that right further fucking will be provided for you free of charge."

A swift blow from the officer was landed onto Peter's spine.

"Don't!" Letha screamed, moving forwards.

The officer not with Peter held up a gun towards her. "You shut up. You know what, I should do you right here, you little scum. I've known Tom Sworn's girls' all their lives"

"I said leave him-" Letha went to intervene again.

"Get off!" The officer shouted, shoving Letha hard. "You do that again, I'm gonna break his goddam neck."

"Pula va cadea," Peter mumbled, Romani whispering off his tongue.

"What the fuck was that?" The officer snapped.

Peter only laughed, and Eden giggled. "I hope you don't have children, officer jackass."

At once, the office went to slap Eden across the jaw when a voice was speaking.

"Touch my sister and I'll rip your dick off."

Fern and Roman stood at the head of the room, dressed in crisp coats. Fern's hands were on her hips, mismatched eyes gleaming with rage. Roman wasn't any better, his face speaking of nothing but pure hatred.

"Oh ho, ho ho," The officer chuckled, removing himself from the floor.

"Roman? You're awake?" Letha asked, eyes wide.

"Stay back," The officer snapped, lifting his gun upon Roman's close proximity. "What are you doing?"

"You have a gun pointed at the back of your head," The other silent officer stated, and before he could speak another word, Eden watched as Fern unsheathed a knife, pressing it against the man's jugular.

"And you have a knife to your throat," She purred, despite there being no playfulness in her words. Eden knew her sister would cut that man's throat if provoked.

Roman swiftly turned around, facing the officer Fern had hostage. "Put the gun in your mouth."

The officer shakily placed the gun into his mouth, shaking hysterically. Not in control of his own body as Fern cackled in his ear, placing her knife back by her side.

As the officer did as told, Roman motioned towards Peter. "Uncuff him."

The blue vested officer's face twisted upwards. "Screw you,"

Unprovoked, Roman turned back towards the barrel kissing officer. "If he's still handcuffed by the time I get to three, pull the trigger."

At that moment, Roman began to count, "One,"

"Two!"

"Ok, ok," The officer in blue un-cuffed Peter quickly, "Just calm down buddy."

Peter instantly grabbed Eden from the carpet. Pulling her body towards his and then placing her beside Letha. His body worked into a crouch then, covering both of them with his chest. Letha was quick to grab onto Eden's hand, squeezing tightly.

Roman looked at the blue officer, "Come here,"

Once the officer was in distance, Roman said, "Get in your car and take the 79 to the West Virginia state line. When you get there, you can take the gun out of your mouth." Roman turned towards the blue vested officer, "And you, will punch yourself so hard in the face you'll break your nose. Bye now."

Once both of the officers were from the room, Eden was across the space. Her hands finding Roman's shoulders and jerking him towards her. The boy was bleeding profusely from his nose, to which Fern stepped forwards.

"Here," She had a fuchsia colored handkerchief. "Use this. You can buy me a new one later."

"Roman," This was Letha, the only one disturbed by Roman's gift. "Roman, what did you do to them?"

"I just suggested they relocate. You're not safe here." Roman replied, eyes flicking to Eden and a tight scowl worked onto his face when he caught the bruised skin of her knees from hitting the ground earlier.

"No shit," Peter gasped, leaning against the chair in the room. "What now?"

"I believe that's where I come in," Fern said, clapping her hands in front of herself. They were covered in white laced gloves. A green manicure visible underneath. Her smile was jubilant despite witnessing something so intense a few moments earlier.

"Fern-" Eden began.

"Think Eden," Fern stated, looking at the youngest O'Malley over her shoulder. "Where do us witches go where we're told we shouldn't?"

Instantly, Eden sighed. "To church."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.7K 4.2K 22
READ BOOK ONE MY MATE.....THE NERD FIRST Lucas King, the oldest son of Alphas Dimitir and Bennett King, is not your typical 15 year old teenager. Wh...
74.5K 2.1K 25
Book One: Brooke was Mariana's friend. Peter is accused of being a werewolf. Roman is a rich kid with a "terrible" attitude. The boys are joined in t...
13.3K 508 26
(This story is currently being edited.) ||PUREST HEART SERIES: BOOK 5|| โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ˜…โ˜…โ˜… โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ "How does it feel to be cursed with darkness?" โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ˜…โ˜…โ˜… โ”€...
132K 3.5K 75
โแด€สŸสŸ sแด›แดส€ษชแด‡s แดแดœsแด› แด„แดแดแด‡ แด›แด แด€ษด แด‡ษดแด… แด€ษดแด… ษช ษขแดœแด‡ss แดษชษดแด‡ แดŠแดœsแด› sแด สœแด€แด˜แด˜แด‡ษดแด‡แด… แด›แด แด‡ษดแด… า“แดส€ แดส แด›ส€แดœแด‡ สŸแดแด แด‡. ษช สŸแดแด แด‡ สแดแดœ, แด€สŸสŸ แดา“ สแดแดœ.โž *CURRENTLY EDITING* ...