Trollhunters: The Written Fut...

By TheWonderland04

After the events of the Shattered King, the Trollhunter team finds themselves in a mysterious room surrounded... More

Becoming: Part One
Becoming: Part 2
Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter?
Gnome Your Enemy
Win Lose Or Draal
To Catch A Changeling
Adventures in Trollsitting
Bittersweet Sixteen
Young Atlas
Recipe for Disaster
Claire and Present Danger
The Battle of Two Bridges
Return of the Trollhunter
Mudslinging
Roaming Fees May Apply
Blinky's Day Out
The Shattered King
Airheads
Where is my Mind?
Party Monster
It's About Time
Wingmen
Angor Management
A Night to Remember
Something Rotten This Way Comes
Escape from the Darklands
Skullcrusher
Grand Theft Otto
KanjigAAARRRGGHH!!!
Homecoming
Hiss Hiss Bang Bang
Hero with a Thousand Faces
Just Add Water
Creepslayerz
The Reckless Club
Unbecoming
Mistral and Error
In the Hall of the Gumm-Gumm King
A Night's Patroll
Arcadia's Most Wanted
Bad Coffee
So I'm Dating a Sorceress
The Exorcism of Claire Nunez
Parental Guidance
The Oath
For the Glory of Merlin
In Good Hands
A House Divided
Jimhunters
The Eternal Knight | Part One
The Eternal Knight | Part 2
His Choice

Waka Chaka!

6.6K 118 243
By TheWonderland04

The once peaceful night was interrupted by the boulting truck, the tires squealing in protest as the reckless driver continued down the road, his knees controlled the steering wheel while his hands flew around acting as if he was playing the drums.

"This looks unsafe," Eli said, unaware of where the man was headed.

"This is definitely a way to start after watching a man get eaten. I think we need closure." Jim said nothing, listening to the crowd, Strickler told his mother that story as if it was nothing.

He was sick to the stomach and he could tell his mother remembered as she looked just as bothered as he did. He laughed about death as if the person had no meaning to the world.

He hummed along, his eyes closed as he sped past a house, skidding to a stop and backing up before putting the truck in park, a soft growl came from the sidelines as a head emerged from the bushes, watching the automobile closely.

"What the hell is stalking that delivery driver?"

"Are none of us safe in this world?!"

"How many times have we been unaware of these creatures that might be by us?"

"Like said, you humans do not pay close attention."

The man stepped out of his truck, still jamming to the rock music that blasted through his headphones, dancing as he pulled open the back hatch and yanking a package from underneath a few more. The nameless man continued up to the house, throwing the package as he danced. With the careless driver being distracted, the creature that had been watching him, jumped from the bushes, the sound of his rapidly moving feet blended with his raspy breathing as he headed for the unguarded truck.

"Wait, is that my house?" Eli said but went ignored as others began to ask needed questions.

"He does not care about his job does he?"

"Nope, do you think he got fired because of his carelessness?"

"Eh, hopefully."

The camera still not showing what creature had invaded the truck, however showed on what it was looking at. The truck driver was unaware as he advanced on the steps, dropping the fragile box as he did so.

"That is my house! He broke my package!" Eli cried out, looking baffled.

"What did you order?" Darci asked.

"Nothing!"

"Dude, we're going to see it sooner or later."

"Whoa!" The delivery man cried.

The animal sniffed the wooden crates, the objects rustling as he shifted the pieces around. The still not shown creature moaned before suddenly jumping onto the crate, revealing what it was. A goblin. The goblin stood on all fours, watching his surroundings as his long, nimble fingers wrapped onto the taillight, his head popping out from the bed of the truck, quietly waving for his little scavenger group he had brought along.

"Wa-cha-ka!"

"Ola-mola!"

The small pack of goblins took over the truck, searching through the random packages as one kept lookout, glaring at the driver who mimicked a guitar riff and rang the doorbell.

"Uh, what are those things?" Mary asked.

"Goblins, they are probably the most annoying creature out there," Toby answered, looking bothered.

"They're so ugly!"

"What were they looking for?" Eli asked.

"Well, Strickler was always on the hunt for bridge pieces, however, if I remember correctly, it wasn't a bridge piece."

In the truck, while other goblins searched, one had found a black marker, breathing heavily at his discovery. He turned around with a formal look, swiftly drawing a leader like mustache above his lip.

"Ha!"

"That is like the perfect mustache for those things."

"What are we watching? Should I be disturbed or not?" Shannon asked.

They speak goblin language at their now known leader, waving them to a package they couldn't open.

The driver scribbles down information on a little piece of paper before sticking it to the person's door. The goblin gasped as the driver headed back to the truck, warning the team.

Forgetting the idea of opening the lid, the gang of goblins push the crate out from the truck, the three hiding beneath the mail truck as the mailman slides the undelivered package back. As the human writes on a slip of paper, the three glance upward, their leader still trapped in a hiding stance.

"I'm confused, yet everything makes sense."

He slides the door shut to the back of the truck before entering into the driver's side. The goblins that were free had pushed the box out from underneath, waiting for their friend. The exhaust pipe let out a wave a smoke, startling the goblins. However, with luck on their side, their leader pulled open the large door laughing as he was free. With a jerk, the goblin was thrown from the truck, the other three watching as a sickening crunch caused them to flinch.

"Oh sh-"

"Hey!" The host cried out, cutting the student off.

The truck pulled away, leaving the dead body of the goblin, it's green guts splattered on the pavement as it's limbs were stiff in the air, a large tire track painted across the back of the corpse.

"Oh my..."

Someone laughed, "Why are his limbs so stiff and in the air?" Everyone laughed, even though something dying wasn't a laughing matter, the limbs being straighter than anything was hilarious.

Jim groaned, he knew they had the issue with the truck, but was not expecting this. In reality, what was he expecting?

"I thought this would be more epic, they look more brainless than scary anymore," Toby added as Claire snorted.

The marker rolled to the next heir to the throne, almost like what the amulet had done. The goblin picked up the black colored marker, sketching an identical mustache that the past leader had worn and laughed as he screamed.

"Seriously?!" Jim said, trying to stifle his laughter. "That's how they decided who was leader and that's where the mustaches came from."

"This is no laughing matter, Master Jim."

"I know but come on, it's amusing." Blinky lightly rolled his eyes but smiled at his Trollhunter who was laughing with Toby.

"I told you, not scary anymore," Toby said.

In the Hero's forge a machine quickly turned, releasing fire from the sides towards the trollhunter. With ease, Jim rolled from the fire but in the path of sharp objects. He twisted his sword, blocking every piece of flying sharp objects, He ran around Blinky who tutored him from the side, Jim still managing to block the weapons.

"This is so crazy to watch, I'm still in disbelief. He's training to fight for his life and others! I don't think I can fully process this."

"It's actually cool to see you train," a student mentioned as Jim smiled. He was glad that people were genuinely nice when watching this. He didn't have many friends, which he didn't mind, but he wasn't sure what people thought of him.

"He seems like a natural," Barbara said.

"He sure is."

"Always be afraid. Fear heightens your senses. Fear keeps you alive," Blinky stated. Feeling accomplished, Jim stood proudly with his sword, that was until a silver ball had knocked Jim off his feet.

People visibly winced.

"Arrogance gets you killed."

Jim groaned, "Yeah, I'll have to remember that." Blinky lifted Jim from the ground, placing him back on his feet and shoving his master gently forward.

"Draal, however, does not fear you. That will be his weakness, but not you. You'll be wetting your armor. That will be your strength."

"Who knew, strength would come from peeing your pants in fright."

"I don't want to wet my armor." Jim said as people laugh.

Jim raises his sword, moving forward with each swing, once again blocking each blow. As Jim moved across the camera, Toby and Aaarrrgghh watched behind, well, Toby wore an exercise suit, squatting with a bit of pressure.

"Oh, yeah. Looking good, Jimbo. Feel the burn! If Jim's getting fit, I'm getting fit."

Steve gags at the scene as Jim and Toby roll their eyes. "Dude, you're like the only one doing the most right now," Toby mentioned.

"I'm saying it like it is," Steve responded and Toby let out a groan.

"Yeah, okay."

Toby holds up the tracker for Aaarrrgghh to see, the little machine beeping on his wrist, "Don't want to be too big."

Aaarrrgghh moans, thinking that he wasn't in good shape but Toby quickly corrected himself after hearing his troll friend's distress.

"Not that there's anything wrong with being big. But if I'm gonna have Jim's back, I gotta be nimble." Toby gives the air a few punches before he begins to run in place, Aaarrrgghh copying him while Jim trained in front of them. The tracker beeped, stopping Aaarrrgghh and Toby from their running.

"Oh my god, Aaarrrgghh you are like the cutest, largest thing I have ever seen." A student mentioned. Barbara smiled. She still didn't like the fact that her son was at a risk if dying everyday, but realizing that there were so many people out there to protect him, she couldn't argue. Well, she'll still worry but that was her job.

Barbara laid a hand on Blinky's hand with a smile, the troll's mouth drops before he returned the genuine smile, "I don't like that he could be taken from me, but I trust you guys. Promise me that you will protect my boy."

"I'll try my hardest." The two share a handshake before realizing how silent the room had gotten. The host had paused the video, letting the moment roll as everyone watched.

"Yeah, baby! Hit a benchmark. I've run a total of a hundred feet. Five calories burned. Nice!" Toby celebrated.

Jim slashed through each stone figure, slicing them into many pieces. Another mechanical figure popped up with a surprise, sharp metal spears were blown from the holes in the machine as Jim easily stopped them in their war path.

"Whoa!" Students cooed. The crowd seemed interested, looking at the screen with amazed faces and Jim couldn't help but blush. Such a simple training session was impressive to them? He couldn't wait for them to see the other accomplishments he had done so far.

"I want to do this! It looks so fun!"

"Do you? Do you really?"

"You know, I think being afraid is the one rule that I--- Oh!" Jim ducks with panic, more metal spears fly over his head, stabbing another training machine, fire lighting it instantly. Jim stands with a chuckle and points at the machine with his sword. "--I excel at."

"That was freaking awesome!"

"No, Master Jim. You must excel at all three. If trolls are ever going to embrace you as Trollhunter, you must ignore your humanly instincts."

Jim listened closely to his mentor but his attention was suddenly focused on another machine that had stood and prepared it's weapons. Before it could take down it's target, Jim threw his sword, the metal slicing easily through the rock.

Claire and Jim high five while Jim used his other hand to pound fists with Toby. "Okay, that was attractive," Mary stated.

"You're doing a great job so far, not many people are fast learners," Eli commented.

"Do that, and I have no doubt you will defeat Draal."

Blinky hugged Jim tightly with one arm as the camera panned above, showing the large training area defeated, smoke weaving its way into the air as a laugh echoed in the vast room, two figures entered, joining the humans.

Draal eyed Jim as he passed, laughing at the young boy, "Look it's training," Draal growled, "Cute."

Jim sighed and leaned back, he certainly did not miss those days.

Steve laughed, "so you had two people bullying you! Sweet."

"Only because Draal was jealous and so are you Steve," Toby spat. The crowd listened, not seeming to approve of Draal at the moment, which Draal couldn't lie, he was impressed by the amount of people that naturally sided with Jim.

The two continue through the room, sharing a laugh before speaking in a foreign language.

"Let your fear keep you alive. Let his arrogance lead him astray. Defeat him and you'll make history."

"Definitely made history when he brought up the Changelings." Draal stated but Blinky shushed him.

"As the humans say, no spoilers!"

Blinky leads Jim out from the arena. The picture switched from troll market to Arcadia, the museum steps being crowded by a group of students.

"I know contemporary media might lead you to believe European history is full of swords, sorcery, and scandal. I assure you, the truth is far more interesting, and there's no better place to start than Renaissance Era pottery," Nomura said.

Everyone sighs with boredom while Eli gasped in wonder. Strickler hadn't missed the faces of his students, so he decided to speak up.

"Only Eli."

"It's always Eli who finds school interesting."

"Since we have limited time, Ms. Nomura, perhaps it's best if they explore the museum on their own. Don't you think?" Strickler said. With no hesitation, the class runs off in different directions.

"Thank you! But you're still a traitor!"

"Yeah!" Strickler crossed his arms at the comments with a groan. Everyone was of course on Jim's side. If he wanted to kill the boy, he didn't need all the people in the room trying to stop him.

"I can't believe we are actually watching the past, just imagine all the things that Toby and Jim went through before we actually could have noticed something."

"They come to school acting all normal, props to them, I would not be able to handle any of this." Jim and Toby glanced at one another, it became such a natural part of life and they were surprising mature for it.

Barbara seemed to agree, unaware of what her son was thinking. Normal kids might brag or do something wild with it, however, the two were handling it well and that was something she was thankful for. She would always be here to support her boy.

Everyone leaves the two grown ups, invading the museum. The group walked through the halls, Jim and Toby following behind.

"So, check this out, man. So, If I walk fifty thousand steps, I get the t-shirt. A hundred thousand nets me the water bottle. But if I get five hundred thousand oh, man, you guys that's when things get interesting!"

Jim's eyes peeled from the detail that the museum had to large white curtains and a "do not enter" sign that had been posted on the outside, yet Jim had no use to go in.

"That just made it suspicious."

"Who knew, you were looking at the bridge the whole time!" Toby laughed.

As Jim appeared back on the screen, Toby was giving Jim an ear full while they explored the 2nd floor of the museum. Suddenly, Jim's focus wasn't on his best friend nor the building they filled but instead his full focus was on Claire who took interest in the dress while Steve stood beside her, more bored.

"I can't believe he tried using you to get under my skin, I'm sorry." Jim mumbled, glancing at Claire, "I don't want you to get caught up between Steve and I, you shouldn't be used as a pawn."

Claire smiled, "I'm not mad, I mean, it was annoying but I'm over it. Also, I should be flattered, it was very effective." The two chuckled at the small joke.

"I know, I just wasn't sure if you were aware of why he did the play, but I'm glad I can apologize for it."

"I might not have known, but I don't like Steve, I tolerated him. You don't need to apologize for anything," Claire mumbled, grabbing his hand and giving him a reassuring smile.

"Thanks Claire."

Toby stopped beside his friend, connecting the dots on why they suddenly paused.

"Look at that embroidery," Claire commented.

"Hey, sorry if you got caught up in that little tiff between Lake and I, but I want you to know since joining the play, I feel like there's another side of me that really wants to come out."

Claire rolled her eyes as Mary looked at Steve, "How fake can you get," she growled.

"Uh huh, sure." Jim said, jealousy pouring from his mouth.

"You know, I'm not surprised," Darci added.

"Alright! Stop attacking the Palchuk, just because Jim is some weird hero doesn't mean you all have to defend him constantly."

"Actually before this," Shannon said. "We actually don't mind Jim or Toby. They kept to themselves and we don't talk to them, yeah, but they're nice people and seeing them do amazing feats without any recognition is just another reason we like them."

"Totally, I mean, seeing these new sides to Jim and Toby is opening our eyes. Maybe that's why we're all here, to understand what they go through and how rude we can be." Jim and Toby looked shocked as they listened and Blinky was grinning as he heard the students praise his team.

He was proud.

"Apology accepted. You were a jerk." Claire said and kept her eyes on the dress.

With a pleasant feeling, Steve raised his eyebrow, stepping behind Claire as he keeps eye contact with Jim. Steve faces Claire as she doesn't take notice, his arms wrapping around himself, moaning and kissing with mockery. With defeat, Jim sighs and bends over the railing.

Claire cooed at his defeated face before hugging him.

"Aw, come on, man. Don't let Steve get to you. Claire's a smart girl. She'll realize he's a jerk."

"How? She's too busy thinking I'm a jerk for skipping play rehearsal."

"Pfff, not anymore. You should have told me sooner but I understand."

"Well, then, this is the perfect moment, dude. Take her hand and use those lips of yours and talk to her." With a couple lifts of his eyebrows and no longer throwing fingers into Jim's face, Toby headed off, Jim trying to stop him but failed.

"Toby, no, no! Wait, wait!"

"Toby, I think you're breaking Jim," Eli mentioned.

"I wanted to kill you if this went bad."

"You're lucky it didn't dude, you have a girlfriend now." Toby said with a grin, watching as Jim and Claire's face turned a deep red.

Toby slid towards Steve and held his hand beside his mouth, "Hey, Steve! Did you hear about the Neanderthal exhibit? Topless."

Now interested, Steve stands up straight, leaving Claire, Jim, and Toby, "Nice! Cave ladies."

"Wow.."

"Toby definitely knows how to distract Steve, should we be worried?"

"About me distracting Steve?"

"No, about the topless part."

"Yes, be worried."

"Come here, come here," Toby mumbled.

Toby waved Jim over, backing away from Claire to give them some room. With nervousness, Jim shyly steps over to the one he desired and starts a conversation with a nervous chuckle, "I wish our play had these costumes."

"I know, right? With our school budget, I'll end up doing the balcony scene in my bathrobe," Claire answered.

"Hey, if anyone could pull it off, it'd be you. You're the only one on stage who looks like they know what they're doing." Jim said with a smile.

"Tell that to my parents. The one time I get a B, what's their advice? Drop the play," Claire stated as the two were lost in the midst of their conversation, they stepped to the railing of the balcony.

"Awwwww!"

"See man, I'm a matchmaker!" Toby said.

"We care for your future," Ophelia stated. "Clearly you are on the wrong path, so we have a right to worry."

"I am not! Besides, you care for my future because it makes your life look good for elections." Claire hissed, crossing her arms. She noted how her dad stayed silent, looking frightened, but her fight was on her mom.

"You are somehow a part of this creature battling thing, no longer focusing on school and hanging with some troubled boy."

"Now hold on," Barbara said, coming to a stand. "My son seems troubled but at least he's protecting us. If your daughter wants to make her own choices, you let her. She has no reason to be exploited for your own success."

Jim and Claire gaped as Barbara wore a glare and Ophelia tried to hold her ground. "I don't believe you should talk to me that way!"

"Then my son's name stays out of your mouth."

"Alright!" The host cried out, holding up their hands. "Everyone sit down and calm down!"

'Are they crazy? You were born for this. It's like--" He was interrupted.

Toby nudges Jim, whispering in his ear, "Get closer."

Jim does what Toby says and scoots a little closer, yet a gap still stood between them, "Your calling. My mom would be stoked if I ever found something to be so passionate about."

"Wow! You're pretty passionate yourself, Mr. Guru. What about you? What's calling you, Jim Lake Junior?"

"A bunch of evil trolls, you know, the usual," Jim joked and Claire chuckled.

"Oh, quiet."

Jim clears his throat and speaks, yet, the attention on them disappeared to a few people that crowded Eli as his lips poured out the many conspiracies.

"My girl was getting it and Eli opened his big mouth," Mary sighed, shaking her head.

"I needed to prove that monsters existed and none of you listened!"

"NO! I WANTED TO SEE JLAIRE INTERACT BUT NOOOOO, IT'S ELI COMPLAINING ABOUT MORE MONSTERS!"

"They are playing with my emotions and I don't like it!"

"At first, I thought it was an alien. Definitely not human. - It's some sort of monster!"

"What frightens me, is how one fleshbag is close to figuring out everything. He's seen the fight between Bular and Kanjigar and found a Goblin's corpse!" Blinky said.

Eli grinned, "I have a addiction for the Supernatural!"

"You have mental issues," Mary said. "So, what. They're out there, what happens if you did find a living one, how would you catch it? You'd probably die."

"She is speaking truth," Blinky said. "No fleshbag should advance on our kind without knowing what they are walking into."

"Come on, give it up, Eli."

"No, no! This time, I have photographic evidence," Eli claimed. With an eyebrow raised, Toby steps over to Eli, taking a look at the picture. The picture displayed on the screen was the dead goblin with Eli's shocked face in the bottom corner.

"Dude look at Eli." A kid laughs. "Nice face in the picture!" They laughed as Eli frowned, it was proof that he didn't find something like that on the internet.

"Hey, Eli, can I see your phone real quick?"

Without letting Eli answer, Toby pulled the phone from Eli's small hands and pretend to zoom on the squashed corpse of a creature but really went to delete it. "Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, darn!"

Eli grabbed his phone back and finding that the picture was in the digital trash, "What the heck? You deleted it?" Eli exclaimed in anger.

"So you deleted it because I'm not supposed to know?" Eli asked, looking at Toby who was simply smiling.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Makes sense, I guess I can't be angry about it anymore."

"Darn these stubby little fingers. If it's any consolation, I believed you."

"You would be a perfect gay friend! Like How you said just reminds me of one!"

"Hey!" Toby calls. "But thanks."

The tracker beeps, alerting Toby as Eli walks away, the others around him was long gone.

"Believing, one calorie," Toby looked back at his friend, knowing he would have to break up the conversation that he had just "forced" them in.

"Hey, so I've gotta ask If you weren't going to show up for rehearsals, why even try out?"

"Honestly, I kind of auditioned by accident, but I'm glad I did. I really liked the company." Jim answered after his awkwardness towards her had passed.

"Aw! Thanks."

"Um, I was talking about Eli." Getting the joke, Claire laughs while she places her hand on his shoulder. Toby sneaks beside them, clearing his throat which stopped her in her laughing fritz to find Toby with a worried smile.

Claire lets out a soft chuckle. "You know, you have a great sense of humor?"

"I try," Jim said, shrugging playfully.

"I ship you guys!"

"This better be good, Tobes."

"It's actually kind of bad. We have a problem." Toby whispered to his friend who had been doing his best to keep his smile in front of Claire.

"What kind of problem?"

On the street where Eli had taken the picture, the goblin body still laid there, yet, a stick poked at the goo like flesh of the goblin.

"See, my obsession with creatures actually helped!" Eli said excitedly, "The Trollhunters are on the case!"

Jim tapped his chin, "Hmm, Eli actually helped us. We would have never realized that Goblins were in Arcadia or the fact that there was Changelings who were working for Bular and trying to rebuild the bridge. See, us "fleshbags" are doing pretty good."

Blinky agreed and gently nudged Vendel with a look of, "I Told You So," written clearly on his face. Vendel simply rolled his eyes.

"I do not need to hear anymore."

"Voila!" Toby said while Jim had been the one poking the goblin as Aaarrrgghh and Blinky crowded the two.

Aaarrrgghh looked at Toby, "Not voila. Goblin."

"Goblin?" Jim asked.

"Ruthless tricksters. Petty street vandals who leave a wake of destruction. This is not good," Blinky answered.

Jim stood and chucked the stick after Blinky had described to them on what a Goblin was, "Well, justice was served. We should get back and train for Draal."

"Blinky literally just said that it was not good. Why do you have to be so stubborn!"

"I was focused on not dying."

"He has a valid point." Draal couldn't help but laugh at the screen. The boy seemed so set on perfecting his training for Draal that he was beginning to defy trollhunting duties for it. The fleshbag was one of a kind.

"Oh, no, Master Jim. Where there is one, there is many. And, as for the unfortunate soul who ran over this small fellow, may Skaargen's swift blade have mercy!"

Blinky spit on 2 of his palms, rubbing them together before sticking them far apart as Toby walked off from the group.

"What the hell, Blinky. What was that?" Someone glanced at him.

"A gesture, simple."

"And why is that?"

"Naturally, goblin payback is ten-fold."

"Are you saying whoever ran this guy over is in serious trouble?" Jim asked.

Toby returned, a tiny slip of paper in his hand, "A delivery driver left a sticky note on Eli's house. Wait for it. The goblin might have gotten squashed by the delivery truck!"

Toby held up the small parchment as Jim gently pulls it from his best friend's finger tips.

"Hey, let me see that. If the driver's returning at eight, we need to be here, too. I'm not gonna let some poor guy become goblin chow on my watch," Jim said with determination.

"It went from training for Draal to realization."

"Hey! I was worried when I knew the Goblins would be back!"

"Master Jim, answering the call!"

"So cool. Stakeout!" Toby chuckled, "Past my curfew!"

"Pff, a curfew? You still have one?"

Toby chuckled nervously, "no, I only said it to make me look cool and a total bad guy, duh."

"Yeah, okay. Sure, tough guy."

Toby throws his arms happily in the air. The scene faded, the street now empty except for a car that had sped through the loney street. Jim and Blinky hide behind a bush while Toby and Aaarrrgghh had taken cover behind a wooden fence.

Jim held a pair of binoculars over his eyes, watching as Blinky grumbled beside him in annoyance, his stone arms crossed over his body.

"It's already nine o'clock. Ugh. It appears the only thing being delivered is failed expectations," Blinky said.

Everyone laughed, "Only Blinky."

"I was truly disappointed that night."

"Trust me, it was not fun to hear about it once everything calmed down," Jim said as he recalled how much Blinky ranted on failed jobs.

"At least, no sign of goblins," The Trollhunter pulled out a walkie talkie as he handed Blinky the binoculars. The troll inspected the foreign object that had only fit two eyes.

"Hey, Tobes, all clear. How's it going over there?" The scene switched, the back of Aaarrrgghh and Toby still hiding in their position, yet, instead of staying still, Toby ran in place as he spoke into the small intercom that fit in his hands.

"All good in the hood, Trollhunter, except I can't stop moving. My love of stakeouts is being ruined by my overwhelming need to obtain swag. - Other than that, nothing unusual."

"You are unusual," Aaarrrgghh mentioned.

Claire couldn't help but snicker, watching them interact and go on simple missions were one of the best things she could witness, they were all a perfect team and couldn't help but smile at the lack of seriousness.

She wished she was more pushy on herself to be able to know Jim. She was missing out on great company and the boy was the light of her life. She was at least thankful for being able to see this, there was a difference from explaining, to actually seeing it.

"War Hammer out."

A pair of headlights dragging onto the pavement, lighting the way as a truck conveyed down the quiet street. Aaarrrggh's eyes were grown double in size as Toby spoke to his friend across the yard.

"War Hammer to Trollhunter, the package has arrived." Toby's voice echoed in the Walkie Talkie.

Jim and Blinky watched as the truck pulled to a stop in front of its intended house, the same delivery man opened his door, still lost in the little world of rock music as his headphones continued to play loud, deafening music.

"I am so surprised this guy has not gotten fired, or in an accident."

"Dude's about to wish he paid more attention," Mary mentioned.

Distracted and too busy humming alone to the tune, his buttery fingers dropped the fragile package after grabbing from the trailer of the truck.

"Let's get him out of here before it's too late," Jim mumbled.

Blinky watched through the glass of the binoculars, finding each street light dying one by one, darkening the road. "Wait! His fate may already be sealed. They're here. Look!"

"I can't believe you guys waited there the whole time and Blinky is doubting if you should risk your life."

"Tell me about it," Toby joked as Blinky threw a pillow at him.

The new crowned leader of the Goblins quickly ran to the center of the street. With a straight posture, the Goblin snapped his fingers, many groups of glowing eyes appeared from the thick blanket of fog.

"No, I'm not gonna let an innocent person--" Jim said before standing and drops the spy gear before pushing through the bushes, but with a gentle shove to the ground, Blinky had stopped Jim from walking into his own deathbed as he spoke into the two-way-device.

"Great trouble! There appears to be far more than I had anticipated. Stay down and don't make a sound. In their frenzied state, they'll attack any in their path." Blinky mentioned and gently pushed Jim further down.

The glowing eyes advanced as the mailman headed to the doorstep, his finger pushing the button of the bell down. He drops the package one more time, pieces shattering inside as he still showed no care for the package nor realized the gang of Goblins behind him.

"Oh! Oops!" He bends to pick up the package as Eli answered the door, happy to see the crate in the man's hands, not realizing the goblins either or even that his package had been broken.

Eli gasped, "I had to resend that back because of this careless fool!" Everyone let out a gasp.

"Eli! You've changed, you hated against someone. I can't live anymore!"

"Why don't we focus on the delivery guy that is dead meat and walking in your house. How are you still alive actually?"

"They never attacked?"

"If a battle happened in front of your house, which you are always watching and actually missed it this time, I'm going to laugh." Mary said and Eli wore a nervous look, singaling to Mary what the answer was. She let out a laugh and Eli blushed in embarrassment. "I can't believe it!"

"Yes! My spy gear has arrived!" He shakes the box, listening to each piece as they collided inside the small container, "Unassembled!"

"Hey, mind if I use your can? Rad. Thanks."

Eli didn't even answer as the man entered his house. Eli watched with his mouth agape and shaped into an 'O' as his eyebrow was raised.

"He just walked straight in."

Jim looked above him as a Goblin had taken out the light before standing with worry, "But that's Eli! He's in my class."

"AWW YOU CARE ABOUT ME!"

"He was in your class," Blinky corrected.

Eli's excitement went down as he turned to face Blinky who let out a nervous laugh. "I was fearing the worse and we couldn't have stopped it."

"I appreciate Jim for at lease trying."

As the last light had been taken out, Goblins screeched from their hiding spots, appearing on the lone streak and heading for their target. The large pile hoarded the truck, nibbling away at the metal. "Waka chaka Waka-chaka-wa!"

"Oh, my goblins!" Toby said with shock.

"Unexpected. Their dispute isn't with the driver at all, but rather the transportation that had flattened their kinsman. Ooh, you must not be afraid, Master Jim."

Jim looked at his trainer with confusion, "I thought the first rule of trollhunting was to always be afraid."

"Trolls, not goblins," Aaarrrgghh stated.

"Then that rule doesn't actually need to be followed all the time, when you worded it, you mentioned that you ALWAYS HAVE to be afraid, but there are creatures that can smell it so actually, the way you worded it, is wrong, you can't always be afraid."

Blinky was about to fight back but his mouth closed, realizing, what was said was true.

"Goblins crave the pheromone of terror, an odor you appear to be releasing quite generously," Blinky whispered.

"Wait! This is too much. You mean, they can smell fear?" Toby sniffs himself, seeing if he can smell it as well, "Oh, no! I can smell it, too."

"I don't think that's fear."

"Then stop, or they will eat you!" Blinky warned before he heard Toby's scream in the walkie talkie. Quickly covering the speaker with his hands, Blinky and Jim watch with fear as three goblins pick their heads out from the crowd that now was flat and lower than before.

Catching a scent, the Goblins turn with a growl before snarling that there were more watchers in the area.

"Perhaps I made my point too loud. Run!"

Jim and Blinky run from out of the bush as Goblins follow behind, Toby and Aaarrrggh being forced from their hiding. As the group runs, the delivery man leaves Eli's house, strumming an air guitar, very few pieces of his truck remained piled on the sidewalk.

"Whoa... Where's my truck?"

"Dude, where's my car?"

"The one time this man is attentive."

"Just imagine if he was in the truck when all of that happened, do you guys have brainwashing items?"

Blinky snorted, "no, unfortunately not."

"Why did you say unfortunately?"

Back on the fleeing group, Jim heard the familiar click of his amulet and pulled it from his pocket to see why it had clicked, however, the three blue glowing orbs sank into his heart, the armor appearing over his clothes.

"Now is not the time for armor! It'll only slow you down!" Blinky yelled.

"You think I'm trying to do this?"

"Your armor is responding to your emotional state! Control your fear, or you'll be dinner!" Blinky warned as he continued to run.

"It's so, so heavy!" Starting to slow down, Jim became an easier target and Goblins began to hang on the Trollhunter's legs and arms, putting more weight on Jim's already heavy massed armor.

"OH HELL NO! NOT JIMMY JAM!"

"Master Jim!"

Jim was dragged further from Blinky, sparks appearing from his metal fingertips grazing the concrete. A large hand suddenly grabbed Jim's stretched out hands, throwing him on top of Aaarrrgghh's hairy back, keeping him from the creatures reach.

"We're glad you aren't dead!"

"Uh, thanks, me too?"

Aaarrrgghh punched each Goblin from his path easily and catching up to Blinky who smiled. The armor disintegrated into nothing as they continued to flee.

The tracker beeped, Toby turning his head and lifting his wrist to see. "Oh, my gosh! I just got a free t-shirt! - This is so much cardio!"

A Goblin caught Toby's outstretched hand, hanging onto the boy. Jim held onto his best friend's foot, trying his best to keep Toby with him was was so close to making contact with the pavement.

"Get it off, get it off, get it off!"

With many pounding on the concrete, the Goblin finally released the flesh of Toby, taking the Chubby tracker with him as Toby was pulled up back onto the safety net of Aaarrrgghh.

"No! My points!"

"Really, the only thing you care about it your damn points."

"Yes! It is very important!"

"Just be proud he has a good reason to look forward to working out," Mary teased and Toby grumbled crossing his arms.

"Your points? Our lives, Tobes!" The tracker beeps as it clung to the neck of the leader. The Goblin angrily stood and began his chase once again.

"We need to find a refuge! Trollmarket's too far," Blinky exclaimed.

"Cut through these backyards. We'll get to my house. Come on, come on, come on!"

They follow Toby's direction and cut through each yard as the Goblins follow quickly behind and let out their raspy calls of Waka Chaka.

"Up and over."

"Awww! What a sweety!"

The large troll gently set his two human friends over the fence, letting them run to Toby's house as he lifts Blinky over before he jumps over himself.

Toby runs to his back door, twisting the handle only to find it locked. His small hands feel around in his pockets, in desperate need of finding his keys. The Goblins manage to find the fence, jumping over as Toby fiddles with his keys.

"Come on, come on! Hurry, Tobes!"

"Don't rush me!" Finally getting the key inside the lock, Toby twists the key while the Goblins surround them.

"Obviously they were going to die! You needed to be rushed!"

"Oh, no." Jim mumbled

Everyone presses against the wall with Toby preoccupied by the lock which he finally manages to unlock. "Ah! I did it! Yes! I rule, I rule!"

"Yay! You unlocked a house." Toby grumbled, crossing his arms, these sarcastic comments were not going well for him.

Toby, Jim, and Blinky run into the safe hold of the house but being too big, Aaarrrgghh is once again stuck between the door frame while the Goblins emerge., "Uh-oh."

Quickly thinking, Toby flicks on the light, blinding each Goblin before they run off and over the fence, Aaarrrgghh still stuck in the door. Toby climbs on the shoulder of his friends to see that the Goblins had retreated.

"Nice thinking Toby!" Darci said happily. Toby smiled, a small fluttery feeling bubbled his stomach as he turned to face Darci who was still focusing heavily on the screen. What was happening to him?

"Thank gosh for Nana's anti-burglar mania." Toby said breathlessly.

The leader Goblin stops on the peak of the fence as he grins wickedly, the tracker beeping as well.

The Goblin leaves. Inside the house, the gang catches their breath inside the kitchen until a human voice calls out, startling them. "Toby-pie! Is that you?" Toby waves his friends to the stairs, Jim leading the way to the boy's room while he pulls out some food, probably left overs.

"Ha! Toby-pie! I love it!"

"OH NO! JIMBO! THEY KNOW!"

"Toby-pie! This is the best day of my life!"

"NO!"

"Don't mind us, Nana. We'll just be in my room. Binge-watch another show and keep the cats inside." Up in his room, Toby sat on his bed, staring at nothing as his hands feed his mouth quickly. Aaarrrgghh finds a pile of VHS tapes and happily pops one into his mouth.

Jim smiled, "now you can lose all your VHS tapes."

"Pff, like anyone uses them now."

"Anyone else want a snack? I find stress eating calms me down," Toby mentioned while Jim and Blinky stops pacing before the 6-eyed troll shakes his Trollhunter.

"You must be stressed all the time."

"You all suck," Toby stated.

"I'm sorry to say, Master Jim, but your town is infested with goblins!"

"Okay, trolls, I can deal with because, at least, trolls stay underground. But goblins? I don't even have the bandwidth to-"

"Jim, we gotta get my Chubby Tracker back. As long as they've got it, they're just gonna get stronger and faster." Toby said with panic.

"Yes, that is the main concern, they will become unstoppable if they earn points."

"Blinky! Getting on the sarcasm train, love it!" A student said happily.

Aaarrrgghh steals the bowl of food from Toby and chews the bowl and the food held inside in one bite, "Must find den."

"Yes, and eradicate them at once before they seek their revenge," Blinky said with a glint of seriousness running across his features.

"Revenge?" Jim heads to the bedside, dropping down on the mattress.

"On you two. And they now know where Tobias lives."

"So, we find their den. You must have some idea." Jim said.

"Haven't the foggiest. It could be anywhere." A familiar noise caught Blinky's full attention, after hearing a small chatter from the dollhouse, Blinky bends and looks into the window, finding the gnome with a light candle, some rock, and a girl doll on the couch.

"Great Gronka Morka! What is the gnome doing in this dollhouse?"

"Now you're in trouble." Despite knowing that the two boys were in trouble, they couldn't help but laugh at how quick Blinky was when dropping to the floor.

"The minute he heard a noise, he dropped so fast that was unbelievable."

"Nothing gets passed Blinky."

"Remember that," Blinky stated.

"Toby-pie? I don't recognize that voice. Who is that?"

"It's a friend, Nana! I do have more than one!"

"No, you don't," she called out from downstairs.

"Ouch, Nana coming out with the big guns." The crowd laughed as Toby crossed his arms, he couldn't believe he was getting owned by his own grandma in front of everyone.

Claire laughed and she turned to Toby, "good thing you do now."

"I'm telling you, that lady is crazy!"

"You told me to take care of the gnome, so we're taking care of it," Jim said.

Blinky huffed. He needed to be more careful with the kids, who knew human kids were such a handful. It seemed Barbara sensed his attitude as she laughed. "I can give you tips on how to take care of boys, especially the ones that don't listen."

"We're right here," Jim said and Barbara grinned.

"This is in direct violation of rule number two! Whatever happened to finishing the fight?" Blinky asked.

"And rule number one is to always be afraid, except if you're around goblins 'cause they smell fear. Your rules make less sense than algebra, which oh, yeah I have in a few hours, unless I get eaten by goblins tonight," Jim slowly heads over to the dollhouse while he talked. The gnome watched through the top window, hiding with another chatter as Jim finished. "I'm sorry. I'm no good at understanding your rules. I'm not ready for Draal, Bular, or finding a stupid den of goblins." Blinky steps to Jim and places a comforting hand on his shoulder and leads Jim to the bed to sit back down.

The crowd was silent, it did seem frustrating that whatever Jim was trying to learn didn't make much sense. They hoped he would be able to handle what he needed to, but hated seeing him so doubtful of himself.

"A few hours? You need sleep mister!" Barbara yelled.

"How on earth are you still moving?"

"As your trainer, I can only advise, not make your decisions. I understand. You're human. You're learning the rules in your own way. Aaarrrgghh and I will seek out this den, wherever it may be. You just focus on your studies. It seems life has thrown enough at you for one day. But a gnome in a dollhouse?!"

"Where else?" Jim laughed.

The two boys smile nervously.

The scene changed to the school gymnasium, a red ball filling up mostly the whole screen. The ball is pulled back to show Steve with a grin, aiming it at a certain target.

"Dodge this, Lake!" Jim rolls, easily dodging the ball and ducking from another one as Toby stood behind him, doing nothing but staring at the floor.

"Hey, come on! You gonna get your head in the game, Tobes, or do I have to do this all myself?"

"So Trollhunting is why you suddenly got so good at Dodgeball. Lucky."

"Were you that depressed for a chubby tracker?" Steve teased and Toby rolled his eyes.

"I am not answering you."

"Why bother taking another step? My Chubby Tracker's gone. Life's so empty when you're not racking up points."

During the conversation, balls were continued being thrown, yet none had hit the two until Toby had dropped the ball, not moving as one bounced against his equally round stomach.

"Well, I thought you'd be more concerned about the goblins coming to kill us," Jim mumbled.

"Oh, yeah, you're right."

As Toby perked up, mostly in fear and realization that the Goblins were still out there, Jim jumped in front of his best friend, catching the ball that was meant for Toby. He chucked the ball back at the other side, his opponent easily avoiding it. He tossed the two that was placed in both palms of his hands at Jim who jumped and slid from each ball while Steve continued to throw.

Steve grumbled, he was shocked by Jim's sudden athletic ability and it angered him that he couldn't hit Jim easily anymore, now knowing that Jim was capable of such a move was due to excessive training and it wasn't fair.

"That's one thing, Steve is mad he can't hurt you as much anymore, that's probably why you're such a big target, standing up to him and becoming untouchable."

"Like you even know me!" Steve cried to a student.

Jim twisted and flipped, the coach raising an eyebrow in shock as Jim continued to flip and jump from the balls. Steve groaned as his target couldn't be hit and threw more in his raging fit.

"The coach hunted me down after gym, wanting to talk about my skills earlier." Jim groaned, "like I even have time to join a sports team."

"Just imagine how many wins we'd get!" Coach said excitedly, "and yet you show no other skill in gym class."

"I kind of have to now."

"At least your training's paying off," A couple of balls collided with his stomach than his jaw.

"Man down." Finally one last ball had taken toby to the floor, hitting his "nards". He squealed in a high pitch voice, holding his sensitive area, "My gronk-nuks!"

"You say that a lot." Someone laughed, thinking it was funny.

One more ball was thrown at him as Steve celebrated, "In your face! You're out, Domzalski!"

Steve caught a flying ball and chucked it at Jim, the boy ducking. Instead of the ball taking down Jim, it had hit the two balls that Eli was holding, sending him to the floor also, the balls leaving his grip and his glasses laying beside him.

Jim rolls to the two balls, grabbing them and flipping forward as he tossed them, the two red death balls striking Steve's other teammates. Eli and Jim share a high five while the Trollhunter chuckled happily. With a slow clap, Steve heads over to the two, mocking Jim.

"Get him Jim!"

"Just imagine going after some guy who faces Trolls."

"It's so crazy to look at Jim now! I'm seeing an entirely different person."

"Pretty good, Romeo, but kiss your Juliet goodbye." He holds himself again, kissing nothing but air.

"That's so embarrassing," Mary said as she cringed. Steve said nothing, seeming to be thankful he could slouch more in his chair. He was losing his confidence and this was not how it was supposed to turn out. Getting Jim ruined by this would have been better, but no, the boy is some stupid hero. What luck he had.

"Leave Claire out of this," Jim threatened.

"Don't let him get to you!" Another ball struck Toby, the coach just watching from the sidelines, "Ow! Seriously?"

The crowd laughed as they watched Toby get thrown out of the frame. "This is the best thing I have ever seen in my life."

"Pucker up, Steve, and kiss this!"Jim throws the ball, the moment plays out in slow motion. Steve ducks from the ball, letting the ball continue to fly, finding a new prey, revealing to be Claire. "No!" Jim yelled in panic.

Toby and the coach watch with their eyes wide. "Oh, snap!"

The ball finally makes contact with Claire, ending the slow motion moment as she groans, no longer on camera. The whistle blows from the coach as he yells to her. Steve and Toby surround her with shocked faces as Jim pops in, afraid to touch her as he wears a guilty look.

Everyone flinched and eyed Claire as she started laughing, "That's how I earned it? You two were fighting because of me." She started laughing harder and looked at Jim who seemed extremely nervous.

"You never brought it up again, you're not mad?"

"Nope! In fact, I couldn't tell who threw it anyway, I was too busy looking at something else and I went down too fast. I did see your worried look though, so I kind of figured."

"I didn't mean to."

"I know," Claire smiled.

"Ooh, headshot! Shake it off, Nunez!" Coach yelled. In the locker room, Toby pops up from his locker and looks at Jim who had his hand resting on the side of his face, sitting in embarrassment.

"So, she has a fat lip. People pay good money for that sort of look. She should thank you."

"I'm sorry, but I wished they show what she looked like in the show. I wanted to take a picture."

"Toby is right, she could be the next Kylie Jenner. Big lips and rich, maybe even famous."

"That was an insult..."

"And just when I was making up ground. Why do I have to get so worked up over her?" Jim lifts up his backpack and slams his locker shut, the two friends walking out of the locker isle.

"Cause you love me." Claire teased and kissed him gently, Jim blushing madly.

"Ugh, you had no idea how painful all of this was. Until you found out, my life felt like it was over more times than one." Claire chuckled as Jim relaxed in his chair, showing her how much weight was off his shoulders.

"Hey, we're red-blooded teenagers. We're powerless to that sort of thing. Except for me, though. I got it all figured out." The phone vibrated, stopping their walk as Toby pulls out his phone, the screen lighting up his face as he smiles, "Hmm? Whoa! I earned a windbreaker!" He shows it to Jim who gently pulls the phone from his hands.

"Toby, do you know what this means?"

"Yeah. If it's not too warm and not too cold, I have the perfect cover-up!" Toby said excitedly.

"Yes, Toby, you nailed it right on the head."

"There's other things to be excited about!"

"No. A goblin must have the Chubby Tracker on him! We know where they're going. This could lead us straight to their den." The phone showed the map of Arcadia with Toby's animated picture on it, showing where it was in the small town.

"And I'm getting a lot of points." A pair of bike tires race down the dark street, the night being a perfect cover for Jim and Toby.

"That's the only thing you care about? Are you kidding."

"Shouldn't we be telling Blinky and Aaarrrgghh?" Toby asked as he followed Jim.

"By the time we get down to Trollmarket, the Chubby Tracker battery could be dead, and then we'll never find the goblin den. Besides, we're just gonna scope it out and then report back. Easy." The two stop in a small grass field, dropping their bikes as they stare down the building that the Chubby Tracker had lead to.

"Hey, look! Look over there," Toby nudges Jim to the circular roof of the museum, Goblins climbing into the small entryway of the decorated roof.

"The museum."

"We are really close to danger and unaware, I don't think I like the thought of that."

"It's normal to be in denial of all this still, I mean, getting used to all this big news is much harder than it looks," Shannon mentioned.

"Agreed, I am not sure I can handle it all right now."

"We should have known."

"Let's go tell the others."

With a gasp, Toby pushes Jim behind a bush in it's safe cover as he follows, "Get down!"

They pop their heads over the bushes to find Mrs. Nomura entering the building on which they spied on. "It's the museum lady," Jim mumbled.

They dropped back down behind the large weed, "She has no idea it's infested. At any moment, they could strike! Or worse lay eggs in her ears."

"I don't think goblins do that. Anyway, we need to get her out of there immediately."

"Toby, you are one interesting dude."

"I also like how Jim does not give a single care in the world about covering his ears."

"Good idea, but cover your ears," Toby does what he says (Jim however, not), covering his ears as the two TrollHunters head to the doors.

"Come on, open up. Hello? Hello? Where'd she go? Why isn't she answering?"

"Cause she's already dead, Jim. Or she can't hear because she already has eggs in her ears!"

"Toby, you seriously need to drop that idea."

"It was a good thought!"

Blinky laughed, "I enjoy such an imagination."

After many attempts of opening the doors, Jim gives up and runs to find a new way in, "We gotta get in there."

"What? You have to speak louder," Toby yelled. Jim stopped at a window and pushed against the glass, the clear plate squealing in protest as it moved.

"Toby, they don't lay eggs in ears! That's gross."

"This is breaking and entering."

"No, it's-it's breaking and rescuing." Jim pulls Toby's hands from his ears, "Relax. We're just gonna get her out of there, and then let Blinky and Aaarrrgghh handle the rest."

Barbara chuckled, shaking her head. She never had gotten a full reason, or one that actually added up on why her son and Toby had broken into a museum, she had always thought they were just being reckless teenagers. However, now that she knew exactly what they were doing, she couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Okay, so no missions by yourselves," Barbara teased and Jim turned to face her in disbelief.

"Come on, mom."

Jim jumps onto the windowsill, Toby following behind, standing once he was in front of the window. No longer with ease, Toby found a struggle with the plan aws he couldn't fit through the window.

Jim held out his hand, aiding him in the situation. Finally pulling Toby from the tight fit, the two fell to the floor with a tud, quickly standing as Jim dusted himself up.

"Such stealth."

"Jeez, this place gives me the creeps with the lights out."

"It was better when you could see the Neanderthals," Toby commented.

The two head off, drops of green drool drops behind them without notice, the nest of sleeping Goblins had laid above their heads the whole time.

"Are you kidding me right now!?"

"Look up, look up, look up!"

Jim and Toby push open another door in search of Nomura. With fear and complete cringe of a dark museum, Toby groaned, taking a disliking to the situation. The two stop at another door after crossing a large hallway, the classical music playing, making the whole thing way more frightening.

"Okay, what do we say? If we scare her, the goblins might find us," Jim began.

"How about we're art lovers and we just couldn't wait to see the new exhibits?"

"We're from the gas company. The door was open and we smelled a leak," Jim started while Toby looked past the barrier, finding the woman they were meant to save, holding a circular dark object, spike of green on every outer inch of it. She hums a tune as she disappears from view, yet, her shadow still revealing everything.

"Jim forget about it and look at your surroundings! YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!"

"Jim, it's not going to work because you are not of age!"

Toby gasped as her shadow deformed into a creature as she finally steps out from behind the wall, her purple, rocky skin accompanied her large green eyes and her sharp teeth. Her new form had been less appealing than before.

"No way!"

"What. The. Heck. Is. Going. ON!?" Blinky watched the screen curiously, so that was how he figured out what Changelings were. He was glad the boy was taking chances to help others out, but his curiosity, especially when new to Trollhunting was so dangerous.

"What on earth is that? And is that her?" Darci asked, pointing to Nomura.

"I have a name," she hissed back and Darci grew frightened.

"Answers would be great!"

"In due time, I feel it is better to learn as we watch."

Toby lets out a soft wail as the creature sniffs the air, catching something. Panicked, Toby presses against the stone stand, Jim still in his thought.

"No, no, that won't work. We don't have the uniforms for that," Toby stammered, catching Jim's attention, "Hey, what's with you?"

"I like how Toby's over there having a damn near heart attack and Jim's still trying to think of excuses on why they are there in the first place."

"The face..."

"Chill out, Tobes. You're gonna wake the goblins." Jim massaged his shoulder, hoping it would ease Toby's fear as the Goblins that rested in the nest were all in rest except for one that woke to the fresh scent of fear.

"Her fa-- the face it's so ugly!" Toby cried.

Everyone stifled laughter, not expecting something like that coming from Toby's mouth. "Okay, Jim, your voice is adorable, those voice cracks are so innocent." Jim looked in disbelief, trying to hide himself. To a male figure, the voice cracks were a terrible thing.

"Okay, okay. So, she's not your type. You don't have to be rude about it," as Jim spoke, he caught a moving figure in the corner of his eye, finding the figure of a woken goblin, sniffing. Confirming the smell is close, the Goblin stood, speaking his language. Jim raises an eyebrow before rolling to a safer cover from the Goblin as Toby crawled with him. The worst part was, Toby let out shaky whimpers, clearly afraid. "You're gonna draw them to us."

"Nice Jim."

"She's a monster, Jim! I saw her face! It wasn't natural!"

Nomura scoffed lightly, not taking the description well. Toby turned to look at her, laughing nervously.

"What?" Jim questioned.

"She's, like, some sort of troll but one of us. Like a weird half-breed thing, man."

"How does that not click in your head Jimbo! A Troll!"

Jim tried to reason with his friend, "Maybe it was just the lighting."

"The lighting?"

"Nope, definitely not the lighting."

"Dude, I expect this from Toby, but not you," Mary said.

"Uh, excuse me?"

The Goblin sniffed around the floor, cutting closer and closer to the two humans. He sniffed the post as Jim and Toby were pressed. against the wall, Toby covering his ears. Jim covered Toby's mouth, hiding the heavy breathing as the Goblin took a few deep breaths before running off in another direction.

Everyone let out a breath of relief, watching the Goblin walk away. They were safe once again.

Suddenly, a vibration tickles Toby. He pulled his phone out to find that he had won another award but the trophy had been given at a bad hour as the noise had caught the goblin's attention.

"Oh hell no! You guys are so dead."

"Turn it off, turn it off, turn it off!"

"I'm trying, I'm trying! - But I won the cooler," Jim sighed with the look of "Seriously" as the newly discovered creature appears behind them, her head hanging over Jim's shoulder.

"I'm going to burn that damn Chubby Tracker."

"I knew I detected the stink of teenage flesh." The two let out a scream as they run into the forbidden area, as Nomura smoothly walks in. "But a human Trollhunter that I've never tasted." Her claws cut closer to the boy's flesh, but without warning Jim held out the amulet.

"Then let's see how you like the taste of Daylight."

"Whew, coming in with a hot one."

"That was a good one, Jimbo!" Transforming into his armor, Jim stood with courage, the Changeling's eyes grew as she watched.

With a couple swings of his sword, Jim swung at her, yet her quick hands caught his sword between her palms as she lets out an evil cackle.

"What are you?" Jim asked.

"I'm what kills you."

With an easy flick of her wrist, she managed to throw the TrollHunter to the floor, dramatic music beginning to play, accompanying the battle. Toby gasps and runs at the new enemy, yet, the Changeling managed to stop him by a simple kick of her leg.

"Oh my god! Listen to the music." Others flinched, not expecting him to be slammed into the floor like that. Also, it didn't help that they still weren't used to Jim facing off in much bigger battles. There weren't many that he faced yet and trying to process everything was already hard enough.

Jim lifted his head to find Nomura advancing on him. With a stand, Jim let out a battle cry, tossing the sword every which way as Nomura easily avoided each blow. With a slice of her hand to his cheek, Jim's body twisted at her force as he lifts his hand to his burning cheek.

"Ouch, yet, there is no scratch on your cheek."

The Trollhunter let out a scream and tried to at least hit Nomura with his sword. Like what Jim had done in dodgeball, she moved the same, jumping and flipping from the weapon used.

"Oh dang!"

Over to where Toby was still lying after the impact of the kick, his body rested by two crates before he stood with a cry of anger to head back to his friend but a Goblin stops him in his tracks, the tracker beeping causing Toby's attention to focus on the tracker rather than Jim.

"Give it back!" Toby tackles the green creature, the two rolling around the floor as they fight for dominance while Jim swung, the blue smoke that poured from his sword had made the fight, all the more epic. "Give it. These points are mine."

"Are you kidding, you only care about the damn points! There are more important matters."

"It's funny, after this, he doesn't wear it ever again," Jim mentioned, "you'll notice in the future, he doesn't have it on."

"So, all those depression cycles, for nothing?"

"Pretty much."

"Hey, because of me, we found out so much, why am I not hearing, thank you, Toby?"

Easily Nomura had knocked Jim off his feet but that didn't stop him as he stood once again took a slash of his sword. Nomura let out a laugh, thinking that he had missed and that he had been receiving more blows than giving, yet her finger burned as a deep cut had formed on his finger.

"Ah! You'll die for that," Nomura threatened. With a quick move of pulling out two orange curved blades, doing a few swift moves as she did so. With anger of having a small wound from the boy, her and his sword mixed, the colors blending as sparks and blue smoke filled the screen.

"All that for a little cut on a finger? Seriously."

"I'd hate to be dating her and when she finds a bruise somewhere and ends up going ballistic, destroying the whole house."

Managing to have the upper hand, Nomura shoved Jim across the room, his body tumbling until his back hit a wall. Jim stood, watching her as she flipped off a crate and onto a little ledge above before jumping back down, her body twisting, the swords creating a tornado of metal, pushing the TrollHunter back again.

"Holy shit!"

She fiercely took each blow, not even thinking about her tactics as Jim blocked each one. With a groan, Normua stops swinging, looking down to find the other human yanking at her hair as the leader of the Goblins had tried to pull him off.

"Get her Toby!" While Barbara was growing worried at the sight, the others cheered, being children, the fight was scary but amusing as well. They enjoyed the sight of how unserious it could be even though there was a chance of Jim and Toby dying.

"You hear that, crazy lady, they're cheering for me." Toby said, mocking her as Norma growled, crossing her arms.

Using her hair like a whip, Nomura swung Toby into a pillar, putting her main attention back on Jim. The music getting quicker.

"I seriously love the music in this episode, makes everything so much better."

Toby found the closest object to him, a viking helmet and without thinking, nor correct aim, threw it at the Goblin, the little monster barely sliding from the path. Finding more objects, Toby took no break as he quickly threw another displayed items, knocking the Goblin down and they began rolling once again.

Jim tried his hardest to make sure he didn't have a downfall as the swords of Nomura pressed tighter against his. She let out another chuckle before Jim pulled aside, letting her fall to the floor as he escaped yet she still had no distance between them. Jim gave one more swing with his sword, the music coming to an end and finishing on a high note as Jim was kicked across the room, his body slamming into the wall, falling limply with the large banner. She lets out one more laugh as Jim lifts the large blanket, not revealing himself to her but the watchers could see his clear expression.

Toby and the Goblin had rolled into another room, Toby kicking off the ugly creature with ease as he got his Chubby Tracker back while Nomura stood over Jim, the Goblin watching behind her.

"Ow, that had to hurt." People were getting beyond angry at Nomura, she was so close to killing Jim. If they could, they would all jump into that screen and tackle her. No way she could beat all of them at once.

Some students had turned around to glare at her, hissing even. "You guys can do that all you want, but she can probably end you in like five minutes." At that, Nomura hissed, flashing her teeth and the students quickly turned.

"Good point."

"Hey, look at that." After wrapping the band on his wrist, the camera switched to Nomura pulling off the cloth, Jim holding the sword up as a shield.

"This was fun. Now, you're history," She kicked Jim's sword from his hands as she walked closer to Jim causing Toby to watch with fear far behind her.

"All that fancy armor and you're just a scared little boy."

She redied her swords, about to take the kill as Jim spotted the Goblin King between her legs, remembering Blinky's words. "Fear heightens your senses. Fear keeps you alive..."

Jim crouched, grabbed the edge of the blanket and finishing the advice, "Arrogance gets you killed!" He pulls the large banner from underneath Nomura's feet, tripping her as the picture runs in slow motion.

"You remembered," Blinky said as he pressed one of his many stone hands against his chest and wiped a fake tear.

"Yeah, I really don't want to die."

"So, why did you not study those books?"

"Blinky! Not now!"

As Nomura had no control over herself as she flipped through the air, her eyes caught the leader of the Goblins standing beneath her, frozen in fear and shock. Knowing what the TrollHunter had set her up to do and what he meant by "Arrogance gets you killed", she let out a scream.

"No!"

Now back in a normal speed, her purple body were marked with colors of green as the puddle of slime was a clear fact that she had murdered the leader. The marker rolled to another Goblin, his eyes wide in realization as well before he gathered himself up and glared.

"No, no!" She stood straight as the Goblin simply drew the mustache lines and raised his fist, calling out once more which caused his two followers to do the same. The Goblins began to chant before they jumped to Nomura, taking her down.

"No, it wasn't me! No! No!"

"HA! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!"

"Nice thinking Jimmy!"

"Ha! She deserves that, working for the wrong team! BOOM!"

She was cornered against the crates, all Goblins finally present as they continue to raid her. Toby took a photo in shock as Jim pulled his friend from the mess, "Let's get out of here!"

Toby screamed as the Goblins tried their best to tackle Nomura down. The two boys left the museum, Toby still letting out a scream as they run to the bikes, quickly picking them up and slipping on their helmets, leaving the area.

"Holy What the? Her face! Did you?"

"And that bridge! There were troll markings on it," Jim stated, breathless.

"I must have been paying attention to the fight because now that you guys said it, I don't remember seeing a bridge."

"You aren't the only one."

"I was mistaken, I apologize Trollhunters, the Killahead Bridge was where you said it was, they just hid it from us." Vendel added, ignoring the weird and confused looks he got from the students.

"Hold on.... Did Vendel just apologize?!" Toby said, freaking out.

"Don't make me regret it." Vendel muttered.

They skidded to a stop in the middle of the street as Toby fell off his bike, again face planting on the cement as he had no breath nor energy to hold him upwards.

"Ouch, that seems to be a very common problem for you."

"Bridge? Who cares? There's a shapeshifting troll witch!"

"They're walking among us, Tobes! They can be anyone!"

"Don't get any wild ideas!"

"This is a total game-changer!"

"We need to tell Blinky and Aaarrrgghh." Jim yelled, but before they could even head in the direction of Trollmarket, red and blue suddenly had lit Jim and Toy's faces, the wails of sirens greeted their ears as fear bubbled up inside them.

"Hands up!" The two boys drop their bikes as quickly throw their hands up.

"What's happening?" Jim asked, yet they didn't answer.

"On the ground, now!" They followed the order.

Toby looked at everyone, "What did we do?"

"Dispatch, we have the teens that match the description of the museum break-in. You're coming with us." Two pairs of legs appeared on the screen, ending the episode.

A kid bursted out laughing, "you guys got arrested? Oh my, that is too good."

"Some bad guy could be asking them if they have a record, expecting murder or drugs but nope, two nerds break into a museum."

"Oh my, I swear, I thought I heard a rumor about this," Mary laughed. "This is too good!" Jim and Toby sighed, knowing that they couldn't hide the fact anymore. However, Jim wanted to look at Ophelia and tell her that his record was nothing but a simple misunderstanding.

If she heard about it, everyone had to. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 255 8
Short stories of a very underrated show. Please enjoy and feel free to request! You will find while reading: Jliare, Jim!Whump, Trollhunters, DANGER...
174K 7.2K 41
Meet teenagers Jim Lake and Y/N L/N. Two great kids here in his small town called Arcadia. Although every day might be the same, go to school, do ho...
45K 1.2K 9
⚑ ᴊɪᴍ ʟᴀᴋᴇ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ » "You can tear me limb from limb, scorch me to a burnt crisp even grind my bones to dust! but if you even dare think of laying a...
14.6K 550 17
Jim found the amulet and he was chosen to become the next Troll Hunter. But dark days are coming. And in those hours they will need the light by thei...