Girl on Fire

By xxinklesswriterxx

Faith Pretty name right? Her name means confidence, trust and belief. To others, it also means unquestioning... More

Girl on Fire
01. Apology Accepted

02. See you in Hell

38 1 0
By xxinklesswriterxx

Dedicated sa kanya dahil sa magandang book cover ^^ Kamsahamnida :D

Faith’s POV

After half an hour on the shower, I dug into my closet for a comfortable outfit and finally went with a white racer back and shorts. I went out the door and it’s funny that I could already hear the roars of laughter and shouts from my brothers. These guys are really one of a kind.

“Hey, we might get sued for being so loud. it's ear-splitting.” I said and sat between Dame and Brandon and dug into my food hungrily. They silenced and just looked at me while eating.

“So, there’s really nothing going on between you and Dame?” Kevin asked with round eyes while looking at me. My other brothers were focused on me as well like they were paparazzis. 

Dame threw a rice ball at my brothers and whined, “Ah, really. How many times do I have to tell you were not a thing.” He said and pouted. I just nodded on his statement while still eating. But their eyes were still questioning me.

“It’s incest.” Dame finally said and they finally nodded. I just hope they believe us because I know my brothers well and I’m positive that they’re still suspicious of us.

“Just eat.” I commanded and on cue, all of them dug in their food.

“So, what’s the news?” Brandon asked as we walked to the living room. I sat beside him on the couch and crossed my legs.

Everyone are solemnly listening to Jasper who was serious enough to scare my brothers and not even flinch an inch. He eyed us one by one with that piercing glare of his and then crossed his arms. This expression of his is once in a blue moon.

“I’m sending all of you to college.” He blurted out and everybody stood up to leave. Seriously, study? It never did cross our minds, like ever. It was like a forbidden topic that could cause havoc once mentioned.

“Dame, what’s your mission for today? Need help?” Brandon asked as he put his arm on Dame’s shoulder.

“I’ll be washing the dishes.” Nigel panicked and ran to the kitchen but even before we did our own thing, Jasper’s strong and authoritative voice boomed throughout the living room making us halt.

“Sit. Back. Down.” Without hesitations, we ran to our seats and attentively looked at him. I elbowed Brandon signaling him to speak. He in turn elbowed Nigel who was the second eldest. Nigel couldn’t complain anymore and cleared his throat.

He gestured his hand towards Jasper and awkwardly smiled, “You were saying?”

Jasper exhaled deeply at our childishness, “I’m serious about this.”

“I’m not damn-” I cut off Nigel with my hand; I slapped that big mouth of his. “Go on Jasper.”

“Next week you’re attending college. You don’t need to worry about anything, just choose your degree program.” We just nodded at his words though it was against our will.

“Why attend college all of a sudden?” Kevin asked

“The police officer checked how’s your life going on after the incident. They found out you aren’t going to college and I barely convinced them that you finished high school in the US.” He said and rested his arms on the arm rest.

“Wouldn’t it be dangerous?” I asked; asking for a way out. I don’t want to enter college.

 “It  is. But you’ve been destined in doing the dirty job of ours since infantile and we’ve never been caught or suspected once. So I expect all of you to be extra careful and as much as possible, keep away from other people who may get attached. You’ll just drag them to hell with you if you let anyone in.”

“Correction, Kevin and Dame had been suspected once for buying and selling drugs.” Brandon added which earned a smack from me.

“OW. I was just saying a fact.” Brandon cried and massaged his head. "That was eons ago, why mention it again?" I scolded.

“What do you plan to take?” Jasper asked for our opinions.

“I’ll take culinary arts.” Nigel first answered which we all nodded to. He’s a gifted cook and it would be good if he could use the opportunity to improve those skills of his aside from his mastered art of assassination and hacking.

“I’ll take Medicine.” Dame uttered and we just had to laugh.

It was my turn and I met eyes with my two other brothers. It was like connection that we had the same course in mind. “We’ll take Criminology.” I said that made Nigel and Dame laugh.

Then it hit us. It was ironic how we chose courses that contradict the way we lead our life. Dame wants to be a doctor when he himself is a known killer; specifically a mass killer who kills about a hundred people in one blow. My brothers and I on the other hand chose criminology. It would turn out that we want to hunt down dire people when we ourselves are one of them. Assassins, murderers, killers; that’s what we are and not a single thing would change. Even if we soak ourselves with high class soap and perfumes, the stingy scent of blood from people we had killed would always linger.

“Okay. Good thing you have something in mind. By next week, you can come to school, I’ll take care of everything. For now, just do your job and take care always.” Jasper nodded to us and we fist bumped each other before leaving for our own missions.

I jumped on my motorcycle and headed to Quezon City where my first mission would take place.

“Wh-ho are y-you?” I sat up once I heard the voice of my new playmate. I got out the Springfield XD-S Dame gave me. Looks like he would take the first bullet of my baby. He should feel honored.

He was tied in a chair with his hands and feet tied as well. I chuckled at how immobile and useless he looked right now.

“Oh hey. You’re awake now?” I said sarcastically and pulled his hair to face me, “It took you about an hour.” I saw him winced in pain on the contact.

“How about we play some game?” I childishly asked. “I’ll count to ten and if you could free yourself, I’ll spare you your life. But if you fail,” I smiled at him and waved my hand, “Bye, bye.”

He nodded like a puppy and tried so hard to free himself as I started counting.

“Ten…Nine…Eight…Seven…” I chuckled as he even tried to get rid of the tie with his mouth. Gross.

“Three…Two…One…” I stood up once again from the single couch and twirled my gun un my index finger.

“Game over.” I mimicked a game machine and frowned at him. “I already gave you the chance. Now it’s my turn. Don’t be mad at me, you had your chance, now I’ll have mine.” I smirked and slapped him real hard.

“W-w-ha-t do-o y-ou ne-ed?” Fear was heard clearly from his tone of voice and it gave me more adrenaline rush. I need to finish this already and went to the speakers and turned it on full blast.

“I need,” I paused for a while and shot his left leg which bled immediately after the bullet contacted it. He screamed in pain and I chuckled in excitement.

“To send you off to hell already.” I finished and shot his right arm next. It was thrilling especially with the fact that people around are oblivious of the murder I’m doing.

“S-st-op.” He barely spoke and I devilishly smirked at him.

“What can you offer? A hundred dollars? Or even twice or trice?” I asked, giving him hope, “Oh, I forgot, you just got yourself bankrupt.” I acted as if surprised, “Which only means that you’re just a nothing anymore. See you in hell.” And with my last words and his pleading, I shot his head twice, making sure it looked as awful as possible. His skull was showing proving how damaged his face was and it was colored almost red due to the continuous flow of blood.

People would throw up at the sight but I on the other hand got immune of it and stared at it carefully. Poor guy, he suffered a gruesome death; if only he didn’t screw up with the wrong person.

I wiped the blood splatters on my hand and gun and went out immediately. The music could still be heard outside and I wouldn’t doubt if the body would only be found tomorrow. Oh, how useless could the police be.

“Hey? Where are you?” Dame said as I was driving. I had one hand on the had clutch and the other on my phone.

“Just finished a mission. You?” I asked him

“Nah. I’ve finished three already. Want to drink?” He monotonously said, guess he was driving too.

“Three? I’ll make a guess, you bought drugs, delivered it and sold it. Right?” I smirked at him and he groaned

“Yeah I did buy drugs for that filthy customer or mine but hey, I just finished doing a search-and-kill operation okay? Want to drink?” I swore he pouted.

I chuckled at him and looked at my wrist watch. Three more hours before my next assignment. “Call. Let’s meet on our usual spot. Be there in 15 minutes.”

“Okay.” He said and hung on me. He’s really such a girl, I should be the first one to hang up dude. I pocketed my phone and seeing that the road was clear, I increased my speed from seventy to a hundred and ten kph. Oh baby, this is what you call driving.

Continue Reading