By Chance~Nash Grier

By babyboo_vannah

16 year old Y/n Y/l/n has to move to North Carolina due to her mom's job promotion. The Y/l/n's move in next... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

29

29 0 0
By babyboo_vannah

(A/n:Don't play the song above yet)
I sat down at the island counter as Joce handed me a cup of hot chocolate. I thanked her and then began explaining myself. "I honestly didn't mean to hurt him," I said as I finished my story. By now, I had a few tears, but that was expected.

"I'm so sorry, y/n/n," she said as she walked around the counter and gave me a hug from my seat. This is one of the few times she was the same height as me.

"You can stay here as long as you want," she said as she let go from the hug and looked in my eyes with her hands on my shoulders.

"I was planning to, anyway." I chuckled. She laughed too and then led me to a guest room so I could get settled in. I had no idea how long I'd be staying, but I knew I had to get away for a while.

I sat on my bed looking through my phone and realized I was bored, so me and Jocelyn went out for ice cream.

~~~three and a half weeks later~~~
I woke up and stumbled into the kitchen where I lazily made myself some waffles and sat at the island counter to eat. I was hiding from my problems, but I don't give a fuck.

Jocelyn came out in her pajamas and looked almost disappointed when she saw me, but I would be too.

"Don't you think it's time to go back home?" She was being completely honest, which was something I both loved and hated about her.

"I want to, but I think it is. I'll leave in two days okay?" I sighed, not wanting to even think about seeing Nash. It'll be even worse because he'll think I'm a coward for leaving.

She smiled sweetly before beginning to make a waffle for herself. I was about to say something before my phone went off, signaling I got a text.

(A/n: ignore the time) once I saw that he wanted to visit, I was ecstatic. It instantly brought me out of my gloomy mood. I texted him back letting him know he could come over on Friday and I'd pick him up from the airport.

Now, I had a safety net so I won't have to face Nash alone. Plus, I'll get to hang out with my best friend.

I hopped up and ran past Jocelyn, to my room after putting my plate in the sink.
"Where are you going," Joce asked.

"I finally have motivation to stop being a potato!" I shouted as I ran into my room.

Of course I still had feelings for Nash, I just know he doesn't.

After throwing on a hoodie and some tights, I began throwing all of my belongings back into my suitcase. "Shit!" I said, remembering I had missed almost a whole month of schoolwork. Ah well.

I finally zipped up my suitcase and walked it over to the living room where Jocelyn was on the couch watching Jane the virgin with her coffee. "I'm out. Thanks for letting me stay here," I said and then gave her a hug.

"No problem. You're welcome anytime." I walked out the door after saying I love you to her and hopped in my car, ready to go back and face Nash. Hopefully.

~~~skip to when she gets home~~~
I pulled up to my drive way and could already tell that everyone was over at Nash's, just from the ruckus. That and the fact that I could see Carter and Matthew throwing a football around in his front yard.

I sighed and hopped out while pulling my hoodie over my head, not wanting anyone to see me yet. I'm not even sure if they knew about the breakup yet.

I knew my cover was blown when I heard Carters voice yell, "Y/n?" I turned and faked a smile. Immediately, he dropped the ball and ran over to me, with Matthew following right on his heels.

I was immediately engulfed in a hug. "Where the hell did you go?! We were really worried about you." Carter said. I didn't say anything and just hugged them back as tight as I could, feeling comfort in their arms.

"We all found out about what happened with Nash and I told him how it's my fault and he knows that, but he says he's still hurt, He was worried the most," Matthew explained as we let go from the hug.

A spark of hope lit up in my heart. "He was worried?"

"He-never mind. Just talk to him," Carter said with a smile. I smiled back and began to walk off towards Nash's house, but was stopped by Matthew shouting after me.

"Next time, don't just take off. Stay with one of us or at least let us know where you're going." I smiled back and nodded, since I was now in a good mood after finding out me and Nash still had a shot.

I knocked on the door and Hayes opened up, who greeted me in the same way Matt and Carter did: with a hug.

Pretty soon the rest of the guys who were in the living room noticed I was here and greeted me as well.I quickly explained and then asked, "Where's Nash, I need to talk to him." Their faces immediately dropped.

I then heard his voice in the kitchen and my question was answered. I was walking through when I heard their voice behind me saying things like, "No...don't...I wouldn't." I went in anyways. I saw Nash and a pretty girl with dark hair and big lips.

It caught me off guard, but I continued my mission. "Nash, we should talk." His back was facing me as he stood over the sink, but when he heard my voice he turned around. I could see plenty of hurt and worry and anger in his eyes.

He rushed over to me and frantically spoke, "Where were you?" It seemed like he wanted to hug me, to comfort me, but held himself back.

"I just stayed at my cousin's house for a while," I said. I didn't bother to say why I left, knowing he knew why all to well. We were quiet for a second, not knowing what to say or how to break the awkward silence.

"You shouldn't take off like that," he said before turning around and walking back towards Madison, facing his back towards me again. He was still mad. And I understand why.

I sighed and turned around on my heel, back into the living room. Simply talking to him wasn't gonna work. But no matter what, I was gonna get him back.

I had my hand on the doorknob and stood with my back facing the guys, "Jack and Jack...come with me."

I didn't wait and just walked back home, knowing they'd come right after me.

I got through my door and immediately shut it after they came in. "I need your help."
~~~the next day~~~

It was Friday, so it was time to pick up Y/c/n from the airport. For once, I was happy to wake up.

After school, I drove straight to the airport and walked inside. After finding Y/c/n, we walked back outside and got in my car to drive home. He seemed different today. Something was off.

We got to my house and headed up to my room, but only seconds later, Matthew shouted at me through Nash's window which was right across from mine, "Hey, Y/c/n! You guys should come over right now. I was about to protest, knowing that Y/c/n was in a bad mood (and because I didn't want to see Nash) but surprisingly he was the one who agreed.

We headed over and went up to Nash's room which was kind of awkward since Madison #2 was there too. After Y/c/n found out that Nash and I broke up, he seemed to be glaring at him the whole time. I was laughing and talking with Y/c/n and I could swear I saw Nash staring at us from where he sat. 

Later on, me and Y/c/n went home and he returned to his gloomy state that he was in before we went over there. "What's wrong? You can tell me." I said as I sat next to him on my bed. 

He looked at the floor for a second before responding, "My mom died...I didn't know who to turn to, so I came here." He finally looked up and I noticed that he had tears in his eyes. I immediately pulled him into a hug and rubbed his back comfortingly.

~~~Nash's P.O.V~~~

I walked over to the curtains above my window to close them, when I saw Y/n and Y/c/n sitting on her bed talking. Anger immediately coursed through my body and I didn't like it. I was supposed to hate her and be over her. I couldn't help it though. I was jealous. 

Cam came up behind me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Nash, I know you still like her. I don't know much about this, but I think she's sincerely sorry. I'm just saying,  you don't want to look back in ten years and regret this. Oh, and they're just friends. Promise." He chuckled at his last statement before walking over to my bed and hopping in.

~~~Monday~~~Y/n's P.O.V~~~

I got up and got ready for school, with no emotion tagging along whatsoever. I was on a mission, and nothing was going to stop me.

I walked through the front doors and greeted Jack and Jack who were already waiting by my locker as planned. Immediately, we headed over to the auditorium.

~~~Time Skip~~~Nash's P.O.V~~~

The teacher scribbled something on the board in marker as I sat half asleep with my face in my right hand. Thankfully, the bell rang, signifying we had to move on to our next period. Today was different, though, there was a rally, so we all just headed straight to the auditorium.

I got settled in on the bleachers with the guys and Mahogany and the lights began to dim just as I was speaking to Cameron. The usual went on: the cheer team performed, we got a speech from the student body president, the dance team performed, but then, something different happened. The president said something unusual, "So today, we have a special guest singer that's gonna be joining us for fun. Please welcome, Y/n Y/l/n!" The crowd erupted in cheers at the mention of her name. (A/n: If you can't sing, just pretend you can or pretend you did something else. Believe, me I can't sing either, so I'm with you guys.)

Y/n walked up and took the mic from the girl and turned to the crowd. What the hell was she doing?

"Umm, so I was chosen to sing a song of my choice today and I decided I also wanted to dedicate it to someone. A little while ago, I had the most amazing guy in the world: Nash Grier." She gestured to me, causing everyone's eyes to drift my way. At the mention of my name, I could feel my soul leave my body.

"I screwed up. That's the truth. No sugar-coating it, no excuses. I'm not going into details, but it was my fault. And...I'm sorry." By now, it was as if no one else was in the room because the speech was so sentimental. She finally found me in the audience and locked our eyes as she spoke. Everyone could tell that she was speaking directly to me at this point.

The song began to play and she began singing "No One" by Alicia Keys. (A/n: You can play the song now.)

She belted out all the lyrics and seemed like she really meant the words she was saying. 

The song ended and she began to speak. "If I could, I would do anything to take it back because...I love you, Nash. And I hope you can forgive me." She looked as if she was about to cry, and I knew I was about to, too. The truth was, I still cared about her. I loved her. But knowing that she did that broke my heart. I wanted to forgive her, but I didn't know if I could. Now, I'm sure. The whole crowd watched me intently as I stood up and walked over to her position on stage. I didn't do anything for a second, but the crowd went crazy when I grabbed her chin and pulled her in for a sweet kiss. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she wrapped hers around my neck as we both smiled into the kiss. I broke apart the kiss and looked into her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I just wanted to say, I love you too."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A/n: Sorry, I haven't been updating as much, but I've been busy, so here's an extra long chapter. Comment what you thing's gonna happen in the next chapter!😏😄 I hoped you liked this chapter and stay tuned for next week! Thank you lovely people for reading and remember comments and votes are always appreciated!💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 2.7K 41
Jessica was just moving to North Carolina and wanted to go to Magcon. What happens when Jessica needs money and gets a job to babysit Skylynn Floyd t...
17.9K 265 25
Nikki is a young 13 year old fangirl and luckily her mother got her two tickets for Magcon. Nikki decided to bring her best friend Summer along becau...
1.3K 10 22
I COULDNT COME UP WITH A TITLE. Danni-grace Waters, A 14 year old Goes to Her Aunt's in Greensboro Because she's out of School for two weeks. When sh...
8.7K 304 82
Being new in town is hard. 16 year old Angela Connors just moved to North Carolina because her dad is stationed there. experience the love, betrayal...