His Secret

By Youstolemecookie

His name is Jason Adams. Her name is Jennifer Devin. If you put them in the same room — you’ll have a world o... More

*Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note

Chapter 10

17.7K 649 43
By Youstolemecookie

   "Aren't you excited?" My mother squealed.

   I look up to the kitchen ceiling, silently praying.

   Oh God. Please, kill her.

   Now.

   Jason looked up from his breakfast and smiled. "Yes, Mrs. Devin."

   "I'm just so happy for you! I guarantee that the football coach is going to just love you and..." She babbled on while I watched Jason eat his waffles.

   "Jennifer? Jennifer... Jennifer!" I looked up to my mother, a little startled. Whoa, I guess I had spaced out for a second.

   "What?" I asked confused.

   She stepped away from the stove and laid a warm hand against my forehead. Her blue eyes were worried. "Are you okay, sweetheart? You're acting weird... Why aren't you eating?" She looked down at my empty plate.

   "Uh.... I ate a lot at the party last night." I bit my bottom lip, praying that my stomach wouldn't decide to growl at that moment.

   I caught a glimpse of Jason's eyes and I knew what he was thinking.

   Liar.

   Of course, he knew that it was a lie. I spent the whole time at the party around him and he didn't see me eat once. The last time I ate was Saturday afternoon, and it was now Monday morning. I was determined to teach Justin a lesson so I was cutting back on the food. I wasn't fat but I wasn't model skinny either. I wasn't trying to make myself stick skinny but getting rid of the little chubbiness on my tummy would be nice.

   My mom pestered me with concerned questions the whole way to school.

   Jason sat in the front seat while I sat in the back. I scrolled through my phone, absentmindedly. I shot down all of my mother's worried comments but when she brought up the word doctors, I knew it had gone to far.

   "Mom. I'm. Fine." I said each word slowly and clearly. I rolled my eyes when she finally accepted it.

   "Have a good day guys." My mother said while Jason and I left the car and walked onto the school campus.

   I looked at Jason and he was staring at me while we walked side by side. I gave him a questioning look and he snickered.

   "The Princess is going to show the new guy around, huh?" He laughed.

   I rolled my eyes. "Oh Jason," I sighed. "You honestly have no idea what you are getting yourself into."

   He smiled at that. "You think I can't handle it?"

   "I didn't mean the schoolwork, even though it is something to question. I meant these girls. They are going to be throwing themselves at you left and right." Even though I was smiling, my heart ached at the thought.

   He raised an eyebrow. "Would the Princess be one of those girls?"

   I tried to stop myself from blushing but it was a lost cause. "Not even in your wildest dreams."

   I pointed out the way to Jason's classroom. I would have walked him to it but I didn't want to look like his mom. And plus, I was going to be late to my first period. Once I said goodbye to Jason, I was running down the hallway. I heard him laugh as I left.

   First and second period went by in a haze but third period was obnoxiously slow. In the first five minutes Matt and I were arguing. But that was becoming normal.

   And to top it off, Jason didn't have a major yet so my mother arranged for him to watch me dance until the sports area accepted him.

   One word: Hell.

   "You're really short." I quickly turned on my dancing heels and gave Matt a death glare. He smirked.

   Jason sat against the wall, out of our way so we could dance. He barked a laugh at Matt's comment.

   Fine. Did Matt want to play like that? So be it.

   "Yeah, you don't look too big 'down there' either." Let the fun begin.

   Matt's mouth hung open while Jason laughed hysterically from the wall.

   Idiots.

   The whole dance period was pretty much like that. Matt and I snapping at each other and Jason laughing in the background.

   Annoying as hell.

   "Okay, on this step I think you should pick me up." Matt and I stood in a position in front of the mirror. Matt had his sweaty arms around my waist while dipping me.

   "Fine." He muttered while I felt his grip get tighter and my feet left the floor.

   Almost immediately he put me back on the floor.

   "Damn you're so heavy." Wow, that made me feel good considering the fact the I hadn't eaten in the past two days.

   Not.

   I tried to ignore it. He was probably just being sarcastic. "It's not my fault you don't have the balls to pick me up."

   His eyes grew wide with shock while Jason's cheeks were starting to go red from laughing so hard. "Did little miss-good-girl just say balls?" He sounded disgusted.

   "I don't know smart one. Did I?"

   He growled.

   Eventually, the bell for lunch rang. I put my dancing heels away in the locker and pulled on the converse. When I started heading for the door, I was shocked that Jason had waited for me. I gave him a confused look but he just gave me a half smile in return.

   He walked next to me in the hallways, heading toward the cafeteria. I was dreading this moment and yet craving it at the same time. 

   It was time to confront Justin.

   I had absolutely no idea how the hell I was going to do it but I decided to just go with the flow.

   But with Jason walking next to me, I felt somewhat powerful. I know, it sounded stupid but he was tall and he looked strong. His presence gave me that vibe that I was the same. 

   Yeah, that sounded really stupid.

   "Jennifer!" I winced at the voice because I knew who it belonged to.

   I slowly turned on the balls of my feet and looked into Kayla's eyes.

  "Bitch." She slapped my arm. Jason's eyes grew.

   "Sorry...?" It sounded like a question while I rubbed the spot she hit on my arm.

   "Don't sorry me." Her blond curls bounced and her brown eyes looked pissed. She shuffled her feet in her ridiculously high heels. "You bailed out on our sleepover."

   "I was....... busy..." I really didn't care.

   She raised an eyebrow and then her eyes flickered over to Jason. Her brown eyes lit up.

   "Are you the new guy everyone is talking about?" Her voice was beaming with excitement.

   I rolled my eyes while Jason gave her a half smile. "Yeah."

   One word.

   That's all he said.

   Just. One.

   Word.

   Kayla screamed to the top of her lungs. People from probably outside heard it.

   I covered my ears with my hands and Jason flinched as if she slapped him.

   "Oh. My. GOD! You're that voice who was over the phone!" My face went blank while Jason raised a questioning eyebrow.

   She turned toward me then. "Jennifer, this is the guy who had the deep voice over the phone! The one you were going to do it with!"

   It was my turn to smack her arm. "You're disgusting!" I yelled at her. Jason laughed to my complete irritation.

   "Oh my god! You guys are doing it!"

   "We are not!"

   "Don't worry, I won't tell Justin."

   My face went blank when she said his name. I must not have hid my feelings very well because Jason stopped laughing and Kayla stopped herself from saying another annoying comment.

   After observing me for a few seconds, Kayla's face sparked a half smile.

   "What did he do?" She was looking for gossip.

   "Nothing." I tried so sound causal but my voice was far from it. I nearly growled like an animal.

   "Oh, he is SO in the dog house! Tell me!" She yanked on my arm.

   "Beat it, Kayla." I started to move toward the cafeteria but she grabbed my hand. She was about to say something else but I cut her off.

   "You know, Jason is single." I shot him a glance. "Right?"

   He didn't answer and his face was unreadable but his eyes were glued onto mine.

   I knew that would get Kayla off my case.

   "Really?" She sang. She glided her heels toward him, trying to catch his eye but he continued to stare at me. I gave him a wicked smile and turned on my shoes, leaving.

   I walked into the cafeteria alone, finally, and scanned the room.

   My heart nearly broke in half.

   Justin stood in the corner of the cafeteria making out with some blond chick that didn't even look like she went to this school. Wow... I felt lame....

   Everyone's eyes were on me as I entered the cafeteria. I heard people rapidly whispering while I marched around the tables.

   Forget that go with the flow crap.

   This was going to get dirty.   

   Stacy, a friend of mine with black hair and green eyes (which at the moment looked concerned as hell), grabbed my arm gently, in an attempt to calm me down. I ripped my arm away and continued storming off in Justin's direction.

   Once I got close enough, I tore the blond slut away from Justin who was in the middle of sticking his tongue down her throat. She gave me a bewildered expression while I gave her my meanest death glare.

   "Get lost, whore." I growled dangerously.

   The message must have been received because she quickly scampered away in fear.

   I turned toward Justin who had a smug smile.

   "Jealous babe?" He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to his chest.

   I stomped on his foot as hard as I could.

   "Ouch!" He quickly released me and attended to his foot. Then he shot his hazel eyes up to mine.

   He might have been angry.

   But I was pissed.

   "You are such a player." I growled under my breath.

   "Tell me something new."

   How could I have ever gone out with someone as rude as him. In a little over 24 hours of breaking up, this guy already was sucking the life out of some slut's lips.

   Disgusting.

  "I am so glad I rejected sleeping with you." I said with a smug smile.

   That pissed him off. I could tell because his eyes dilated and I could see the flames growing inside of them.

   He just shrugged but I could see his anger.

   "Your lost. Who knows, if you would have slept with me, maybe I would have kept you around longer." He shrugged again. "But probably not."

   Then I did something, that I would only dream of doing.

   But this wasn't a dream. This was life. And right then, I was living it at the fullest.

   I slapped Justin right across the face.

   Hard.

   Very hard.

   The cafeteria went dead silent and the tension was in the air. I stood there while Justin placed his hand to his cheek. The cheek I just slapped.

   His eyes rest, angrily on mine.

   "You'll pay for that bitch." He clenched his hand into a fist and I knew it was coming.

   He was going to punch me.

   Fear swept over me.

   He had to be just as big as Jason. Even though his major was singing, he had muscle. He wasn't going to be like some little girl when it came to hitting, or punching.

   It was going to hurt.

   Everything was happening in all a matter of just a few seconds. My heart froze in my chest and my breath got caught somewhere in my throat. The side of my face throbbed even though he hadn't hit me yet. I was waiting for the pain until I realized that Justin was on the ground.

   And Jason was beating the shit out of him.

   The kids in the cafeteria went crazy, shouting and cheering. There were a few high-pitched screams but they weren't from me.

   I was frozen in shock.

   What the hell was happening? Why was Jason beating up my ex-boyfriend? It wasn't his job to protect me!

   A sick feeling came to my stomach when I realized that Justin punched Jason across the face.

   Stop! Stop Jason! God damn it, Jennifer, that boy is taking a beating for you and you're just ganna stand there and watch?!

   I wanted to stop the fight. But I couldn't. I couldn't get myself to move, or yell, or even breathe at the moment.

   I was frozen.

   Suddenly, the principal came rushing in and broke up the fight.

   "How dare you men entertain others by fighting! I'm ashamed!" Principal BurkHart stood in between both of the guys. Justin had a wicked black eye and a bloody nose while Justin didn't look like he had a scratch on him, besides the fact that his blond hair was a little messed up.

   Suddenly, the bell rang which meant that lunch time was over.

   "Go to class! Everyone!" Principal BurkHart yelled. All the students fled from the cafeteria. Jason searched the people that were leaving until his eyes fell on mine. His brown eyes grew concerned.

   "Go." He mouthed.

   I shook my head desperately and took a step forward. Jason's eyes grew.

   "Jason-"

   "Go to class." He whispered while he picked up my bag, which had fell on the ground. I didn't remember it falling on the ground. He handed it to me quickly and turned my body around. He gave my lower back a little push causing me to move forward with all the people who were leaving.

   I whipped my head around and gave him a concerned look. He shook his head and even gave me a small smile. How could he be smiling? He was going to get kicked out of school and my mom was going to kill him!

   Suddenly, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me along with them. I turned to see who it was.

   Kayla.

   She turned to look at me and raised an eyebrow. "You got a lot to explain."

   I rolled my eyes and turned my head back toward where Jason was with the principal while Kayla continued to drag me away.

   But they were already gone.

~~~~~~~~~

   "Jennifer, you are going home early." Mr. Jackson, my math teacher, said sounding bored.

   I quickly shoved my book into my bag and nearly ran out of the class. Mr. Jackson told me what chapters I needed to complete on my on time since I would be missing the rest of his class. I nodded my head but I wasn't even listening.

   I opened the classroom door and once it shut behind me, I ran through the empty hallways. Once I reached the parking lot, which was halfway across the campus, I was out of breath and my hair was tangled.

   My mom's BMW was sitting in the parking lot and once I got closer, I realized that Jason was already in the car.

   With my mother.

   Run, Jason. Run.

   I climbed into the car but I wasn't even acknowledged.

   Crap.

   "I can't believe- after everything, everything I've done for you- this is what you do?!" Mother was going off on him.

   Oh, Jason. Remember when I said he had no idea what you were getting yourself into?

   I didn't mean it like this....

   I sat in the back seat while Jason sat in shotgun and my mother sat in the driver's seat. She scowled at him and thank god he just took it.

   He sat with his head back against the seat but he gave his attention to her. I silently prayed for him to not say sorry. That would only make things worse.

   Thankfully he didn't.

   Eventually, and when I say eventually, I meant after 10 minutes, I couldn't take it anymore. I wouldn't watch my mother punish Jason for my mess.

   "Mom don't-" She cut me off.

   "Hush!" She turned her head sharply in my direction then turned back to scowl Jason some more.

   My eyes grew in anger.

   "Mom, it isn't his-"

   "Jennifer do not interrupt me." She growled while she stared at me in the backseat.

   I caught a glimpse of Jason. "Don't." He mouthed silently.

   Ha.

   Don't my ass.

   I cut my mother off in a loud voice. "Mom, I swear to God, stop."

   She turned to look at me with a warning stare. I ignored it.

   "Mom, Justin was going to punch me and Jason stopped him and it ended up turning into a fight." I said quickly before she could cut me off.

   Her eyes went wide. "What?"

   I leaned back in the seat and crossed my arms over my chest.

   Her eyes suddenly went outraged. "Oh no. I told you Jennifer, that boy has anger issues. You're not seeing him any more." I rolled my eyes but suddenly she opens the door.

   My heart raced in fear.

   I swear, one of these days my heart was just going to have a heart attack on me.

   I quickly leaned forward from the backseat and shut her door before she could get out. She shot me an irritated look.

   "Mom, do not go and make a scene. It's over now." I tried to convince her but I could tell it wasn't working.

   She shook her head while she spoke. "I'm your mother. You don't tell me what to do. Stay in the car." She went to open the door again but I slammed it shut. Again.

   "Mom, I swear to God if you get out, I'll take off."

   "No. Stay here." She sounded like she didn't believe me.

   "Not kidding, Mom."

   "Neither am I."

   Fine.

   Before she could open her door again, I opened mine, slammed it shut, and took off running.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! New chapter, I'm going to work on the next one right now! :D

Promise you guys will like the next one so keep coming back to see if I updated.

Anyways......... So yeah

Please comment and vote and stuffies (yeah stuffies is a word---look it up.... Who am I kidding? You would be wasting your time....) I'm just babbling.... AGAIN

***********This picture is of Jennifer Devin*************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 1.1K 31
betty cooper and archie andrews were supposed to be the best of friends. however, since they both began dating their respective romantic partners the...
39.7K 3.1K 32
This is the fifth instalment in the Devil's Assistant series. You may wish to check out the other books first or this may be a bit of a confusing rea...
2.3K 263 40
Ariana Gonzales is a girl, who doesn't like to read books. When she had exams she studies and passed her exams with the passing grades. Instead of so...
59.4K 2K 52
"What does it take for you to have sex with me?" he asked. Appalled by the rude question, Christina tells him off, not wanting to end up in one of th...