No Ordinary Field Trip

By WinterWolf-99

Danny is now the prince of the Ghost Zone, turn king when he is eighteen. White will be the next king of the... More

Chapter One: How Heroes Start The Day
Chapter 2: I Hate Field Trips
Chapter 3: The Team
Chapter 4: Welcome To The Ghost Zone
Chapter 5: That's Against The Rules
Chapter 6: Blood Blossom Barrage
Chapter 7: Frozen Friend
Chapter 8: Late
Chapter 9: At The Castle
Chapter 10: A Concert Like No Other Part 1
Chapter 11: A Concert Like No Other Part 2
Chapter 12: Confrontation
Chapter 13: Memories
Chapter 14: Wulf
Chapter 15: Phantom's Keep
Chapter 16: Party Like A Monster
Chapter 17: DADDY?
Chapter 18: Angry, Singing, Siren
Chapter 20: The Incident
Chapter 21: A-List Issues
Chapter 22: The Bat Family Gets Bigger
Chapter 23: Bat Glares Are Inherited
Chapter 24: Another Verbal Beatdown
Chapter 25: Twins Of War
Chapter 26: Never Anger A Phantom
Chapter 27: Why Nightwing Is The Best At Hacking
Chapter 28: This Is Me
Tag

Chapter 19: Shot By Cupid's Arrow

4.7K 123 49
By WinterWolf-99

*****With Danny and Superboy*****

             The two heroes walked through the castle courtyard. Danny had no clue what Superboy was up to. And in all honesty, he was always wary of the ones on the team that didn't know his identity. He felt they wouldn't trust him fully if they didn't know him.

            While there always was that slight spark between the ghost boy and the clone, but Danny's been cautious of everyone since the DAN problem. If seeing an evil version of yourself doesn't make you weary of potential troubles, nothing will.

            ''Never thought you'd ever want to take a walk, Conner,'' Danny smirked. ''You always struck me as a 'training to relax' kind of guy.''

             ''Even a half kryptonian has to take it slow every once in a while,'' Conner chuckled. ''You could learn a thing, or two, from that.''

            ''Like it's my fault most ghosts attack in the middle of the night,'' Danny pouted, crossing his arms. ''Mostly the Box Ghost. That guy really needs a hobby.''

             ''At this point, attacking you just might be his hobby,'' Conner joked.

            ''Lucky me,'' Danny groaned, making Superboy snicker.

              ''So, other than this disaster called a field trip, anything else going on in the Ghost Zone,'' Conner asked, basically stalling his feelings at this point.

             ''For once, it's been quiet,'' Danny says. ''Only a few minor issues. Pandora's army is still searching for Davy Jones and Blackbeard with their ghost ship. Youngblood's been a big help with that. Frostbite's coming up with a way to trap Undergrowth in a cryo-chamber.''

           ''Well, everyone knows plants hate ice,'' Conner smirked. ''Frost, yes. Ice, no.''

           ''With the amount of time I spend with Sam, Lena, and Krinos, it be a crime not to know anything about nature,'' Danny chuckled. ''We all know how protective they are of plants, especially Krinos.''

           ''No kidding,'' Conner agreed. ''Remember when he once gave chase to a group of business men that tried to bulldoze his forest?''

          ''I do,'' Danny said. ''He filled all their equipment with tree sap, then made them all look like modern versions of Tarzan before chasing them away. I refused to make him made after that.''

            ''Would you have ever made him angry before that,'' Conner raised an eyebrow.

            ''That's about as likely as me making you angry,'' Danny smirked.

             Superboy stared at the half-ghost. There was just so much about him that he liked. His sarcasm and his wit. The smile that just makes you feel warm and happy inside no matter what you felt before. Not to mention he was as kick butt as you can get.

            ''For the love of Rao, Kent, it's now or never,'' he yelled at himself in his head.

              Superboy pulled Danny close and kissed him. At first, Danny was in shock. But after a few seconds, he kissed back. And by the gods was he ever happy that he did. They just melted into it. Complete and utter bliss.

            They were so deep in the kiss that they didn't hear the click of camera, even with their super hearing. On the balcony above was Lena, Tucker, Sam, and Nightwing. Tucker had taken the picture on his PDA.

            ''If he hurts him, not even his bullet proof skin will save him from me,'' Dick growled.

             ''Yeah, yeah, yeah,'' Lena waved off. ''Send me that, Tuck.''

              ''Trust me, i'm sending this to everyone,'' Tucker says, typing away. ''Even Jazz is getting this.''

              ''Wait until we find the other two, then you can see if it's going to be two pictures you're gonna send out,'' Lena giggled.

             ''Either way, they won't survive if they hurt my brothers,'' Dick says.

             The others just shook their heads, walking to find the other potential couple.

*****With White and Aqualad*****

             ''Kaldur, pulling me places is not really considered taking a walk,'' White joked. ''More like a kidnapping.''

             ''You've been spending too much time with your brothers, White,'' Kaldur smirked.

             ''You're telling me,'' White snickered. ''Kaldur, you can let go of my hand, you know.''

             Looking down, Aqualad finally noticed that he hadn't let go of White's hand. He instantly let go of the siren's hand. He was blushing... I think. Hard to tell with that dark skin, of his. He could hardly find the right words to say.

            ''Tula didn't know what she gave up when she chose Garth over you,'' White suddenly said, shocking the Atlantian. ''You're a wonderful person, Kaldur. Don't let a crushed crush keep getting you down.''

            ''You know, you may be a little to kind or your own good,'' Kaldur chuckled.

            ''What can you do,'' White shrugged.

            Aqualad thought that this was his chance. He bent down and kissed him. It was just a two second peck on the lips, then it turned into a full on make-out. But when they pulled apart, White seemed a little off. He smiled, but then got a little flustered and ran off.

            Aqualad just stood there, too shocked to do anything.

           ''I guess the crush was one-sided,'' he frowned, disappointed.

            Above him, on another balcony, were the four couple-fanatics. Lena was dumbstruck. Her cupid radar never failed her. She was like a romance bloodhound. 

           ''White, you better have a plan or so help you, I will feed you to Alain,'' she growled.

            ''What was that, Lena,'' Dick asked.

            ''NOTHING,'' she cried, then flying away in fear of ' Overprotective Brother Mode.'

            As everyone made their way back to the main hall, where everyone was still in the middle of the party. Danny and Superboy were holding hands, everyone that noticed diving into their inner fangirl/boy. Danny looked a little confused when Aqualad returned on his own.

           ''That's odd,'' he thought. ''I thought White really liked him. He's the first crush he's ever had, as far as I know.''

            Red Arrow and Nightwing comforted their friend, seeing that he was down. Nightwing actually seeing what had went down.

           ''Guess he liked someone else and I just read the signals wrong,'' Kaldur told them.

            ''Just give it time,'' Roy says.

            ''Yeah,'' Dick agreed. ''You were his first kiss, so that may be a little overwhelming for him.''

             ''How'd you know we kissed,'' Kaldur asked.

             ''I... uh... Lena did it,'' Dick said, then ran off.

          ''Once a detective, always a detective,'' Roy shook his head. ''Wait a minute. You two kissed! Stay behind for one party and you miss so much.''

              Before they could continue, the lights went out. A spotlight shined down on the stage. It created a shadow, so when a person walked to the microphone, they couldn't see who it is. But Danny and Nightwing had a sneaking suspicion of who was about to preform.

             As music started playing, it was a soft piano melody. From the sound of it, it was a pop love song.          

''All my life I've waited for the right moment to let you know,

I don't wanna let you go,
But now I've realized there's just no perfect time
To confess how I feel,
This much I know is real.''

            As more spotlights came on, everyone saw that it was White. He looked at Aqualad as he sang. The message was loud and clear. The song was for him.

''So I'll refuse to waste one more second without you knowin' my heart
Baby, 'cause I don't need anything else but your love,
Nothing but you means a thing to me,
I'm incomplete
When you're not there,
Holding me, touching me. I swear
All of the rest could just disappear
And I wouldn't even care,
As long as you're there.''

            This was one of the most shocking performances he's given, yet. The reason this song was mostly sung by girls was because the notes were too high and too long to hold. But as a siren, White was no ordinary singer. And he wasn't going to stop until he got out what needed to be said. Or rather, sung.

..Take these words,
Don't let them go unheard,
This is me reaching out,
I hope you can hear it now
'Cause, baby my heart said stay,
Take it, it's yours to break
I'd rather try and lose,
Than keep this love from you, yeah.''

''So I'll refuse to waste one more second without you knowin' my heart
Baby, 'cause I don't need anything else but your love,
Nothing but you means a thing to me,
I'm incomplete
When you're not there,
Holding me, touching me. I swear
All of the rest could just disappear
And I wouldn't even care,
As long as you're there.''

             White started to walked down the stairs in front of the stage. He walked toward Aqualad.

''Each day and night,
That I've kept this a secret,
It'd kill me; it's time to share what I feel inside.''

''I don't need anything else but your love,
Nothing but you means a thing to me,
I'm incomplete
When you're not there,
Holding me, touching me I swear
All of the rest could just disappear
And I wouldn't even care,
As long as you're there...''

               He took the hand of his crush.

''As long as you're there...
Ohh...''

              The music stopped and the microphone vanished. The two looked into each other's eyes and kissed. While the class and human adults were in shock, all the ghosts, mystics, and heroes burst into cheers. Jack looked like a fish out of water and Maddie downright fainted.

            ''I knew it,'' Lena cried, scaring everyone out of their skin. ''I knew it. I knew it. My record is still solid. Eos, your title of siren of love just might be mine.''

            They all collapsed, anime style, at that.

(AN: For y'all that have been waiting to find out what the incident is, you'll find out in the next chapter. Stay tuned, y'all.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 6.2K 53
"He's not your son, Jack! He's ghost scum!" Danny Fenton AKA Danny Phantom is now 12 years old, having done everything in the cartoon except reveal...
3.2K 80 18
Yes, it's Pitch Pearl, but this AU is mine, so yeah. Warning- Mentions of suicide, abuse, neglect, and death. So, don't like, don't read! Anyway, ont...
1K 16 5
Jane is a strange half ghost girl that come out of the ghost portal. The very same fay Danny gets his ghost powers. To his surprises she was just lik...
4.3K 151 20
🎉*Completed*🎊 Danny Fenton is known to have crazy parents, a smart sister, and just a normal loser in Casper High. But what a lot of people don't k...