The White Paladin

By The_Author_Draws

*Discontinued* A Voltron reader insert / KeithXReader Future edit: Why are you guys still reading this???? I... More

~Chapter One~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty-One~
~Chapter Twenty-Two~
~Chapter Twenty-Three~
~Chapter Twenty-Four~
~Chapter Twenty-Five~
~Chapter Twenty-Six~
~Chapter Twenty-Seven~
~Chapter Twenty-Eight~
~Chapter Twenty-Nine~
~Chapter Thirty~
~Chapter Thirty-One~
~Chapter Thirty-Two~
~Chapter Thirty-Three~
~Chapter Thirty-Four~
~Chapter Thirty-Five~
~Chapter Thirty-Six~
~Chapter Thirty-Eight~
~Chapter Thirty-Nine~
~Chapter Forty~
~Chapter Forty-One~
~Chapter Forty-Two~
~Chapter Forty-Three~
~Chapter Forty-Four~
I've...made a decision
Appreciation post
Continued Appreciation

~Chapter Thirty-Seven~

4.3K 108 68
By The_Author_Draws

     After the major disappointment, Coran told us about the lenses and how it will take him some time to fix them. He also explained to us about how long it was going to take us to get to the Blade of Marmora base, which was our next objective. He told us we should take a, much needed, break and we all immediately went off to do just that. We all kind of just congregated in the lounge and as I was sitting on the couch staring at the others, my gaze landed on Pidge.

     'It's been a while since we've been able to hang out...maybe now is a perfect time!' I think to myself as I suddenly arise from the couch, surprising the others, and walk over to where Pidge was sitting.

     "(Y/n)? What's wrong?" She asks while staring up at me.

     I grab her arm and pull her up from the couch and begin to drag her towards the door.

     "Hey wait! Where are you guys going?" Lance asks as he stands from his spot on the couch and I freeze at the door with a confused Pidge right behind me.

     "It's a girl thing." I say to him and Pidge releases a smile before turning to Lance and sticking her tongue out to him.

      She then takes my hand and lead me down the hall to my room. She plops down on my bed and I gently sit on the rug in front of the bed. She sits up and stares down at me with a smile on her face.

     "So, what's up? Whenever you say 'it's a girl thing' it means you want to talk about something." She says and a sigh escapes my mouth as I scratch the back of my head and awkwardly laugh.

     "Well..." I began but had to pause to think.

     'Should I tell her about what happened in the ship with Keith...well it's not like anything happened...I guess...' I thought to myself but was snapped back to reality when I heard Pidge gasp.

     I look up to her and find the camera in her hands. She looks down at me with a sorrow filled gaze and I nod to her. I get up and join her on the bed and she switches it on and begins to scroll through the pictures.

     "Hey look, it's us, we were all covered in mud from playing space rangers. Oh oh! And this was when we had played a prank on Matt, he couldn't get the dye out for weeks. Oh! And this was when we followed Matt to the Garrison, our parents were so mad at us." We release little giggles as we scroll through the pictures of our past, and whenever we found solo baby pictures we'd either awe or be very embarrassed.

    Then Pidge froze when she got to the picture of my parents and I on the day of their launch. I turned away from it and we sat in silence. I heard her set the camera down and I turned back to her as she engulfed me in a hug.

     "Don't worry (Y/n), I know they can't be dead. Especially with what we heard from Ulaz back on the base. He said there were other Azarethian rebels. Maybe your parents are still alive, and I know you've always known that, but you never talked about it...why?' She says as she pulls away to look at me.

     I avoid eye contact and put my face into my hand.

     "I just...didn't want to be to hopeful. And when your dad and Matt disappeared, I couldn't stress you out even more with my own problems..." I say and I yelp as she punches my arm.

     "(Y/n), You've been suffering this whole time...and I never even knew it..." She says as tears begin to overwhelm her and I pull her in for a hug.

     "No no, please don't cry." I say as I hold her close and soothe her.

     "Even now...you're more attentive to other people's feelings than your own." She says with a sniff and laughs.

     She pulls away and looks up at me and wipes away her tears. She grabs ahold of my hands and stares up at me with a smirk.

     "Now...let's get onto you. Tell me what happened in the escape pod with Keith." An immediate heat rose to my face as she said this.

     "Wh-what?! Why the sudden change in conversation?" I stutter as she smirks up at me.

     "You called me here to talk about girl stuff. I'm just guessing something happened in the pod, and with that reaction, I'm right?" She says and I turn away with my red face and bite my lip.

     "Look nothing actually happened....well....like...I don't know!" I yell as I bury my face in my pillow.

     "Come on~ tell me~" She says as she begins to tickle me.

    "No.....Pidge! Come on!" I cry out in between laughs and we freeze at the sound of the door opening.

     "What are you two doing?" We both turn to find Keith at the door and Pidge turns to me with a smirk and a sudden wave of fear springs through me.

     I sit up and cover Pidge's mouth before she could say a single word. Keith stares at us in question as I could tell Pidge was smirking up at me.

     "We were just....nevermind that....what's up?" I say with an awkward laugh and I notice his face redden.

     "(Y/n), I um...I need to talk to you." He says while rubbing the back of his neck.

     Pidge grins under my hand and jumps up from the bed, surprising Keith and I. She walks towards the door where Keith was, and turns back to us with a smile.

     "Well then i'll be on my way!" She winks at me before closing the door and I release a gulp.

     'I know she didn't leave. She's just going to eavesdrop to find out what happened...well what didn't happen...' I thought to myself as Keith approached me on the bed.

     He sat down next to me and we just sat in silence for a few seconds.

     "(Y/n)." Keith says my name suddenly, making me jump in surprise.

     I turn to him and his face was turned away from me. I look towards the door for a split second, thinking I heard something, but shake my head and look back to him.

     "Yeah?" I say as I hear voices and footsteps outside my door.

     "I wanted to talk about-" He had turned to me but was interrupted by the door quickly opening.

     "Mullet?! What are you doing in (Y/n)'s room?! And on her bed?!" Lance exclaims as him, Hunk, and Pidge were at the door.

     Pidge and Hunk had apologetic looks on their faces and I release a sigh as Keith stands up.

     "It's none of your business! Why are you in here, huh?" Keith shoots back as Lance grabs ahold of his collar.

     "T-that's none of YOUR business! " Lance exclaims and I quickly stand up and approach them.

     I grab onto them and transform, surprising them into stopping their bickering. They stare down at me as I release a sigh and transform back into my human form. I take a glance up at Lance then to Keith and a blush crosses my features.

     "I-I'm gonna go train." I say before heading out of the room with my blush still across my features.

     "Smooth one you guys." I hear Pidge say before I go around the corner.

     I quickly make my way to the training deck and plop down on the ground whilst clutching my shirt as it felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest.

     'What was Keith going to say? Was it just an accident...wait of course it was. It was in the heat of the moment...but maybe...no! Ugh why am I like this....' I thought to myself as I place my bayard down on the bench and approach the center of the room.

     "Activate magic training level eight." I say and the training robot drops to the ground.

     I quickly transform into my Azarethian form and dodge out of the way of the robot's attacks. It's been a struggle to learn how to control my powers, and what powers I even had. I swiped my hand and a huge stroke of magic slices through the robot. I paused to catch my breath.

     "Commencing training level nine." A robotic voice says from above and I take a deep breath as two robots fall down this time.

     One had a staff while the other used magic from afar.

     "I swear Alteans must have been made out of stamina and magic, with the way the training is! This is level nine! What the heck!?" I cry out as I dodge both of the robots attacks.

     I hear the door open behind me and notice the magic robot was readying an attack.

     "Hey, (Y/n). Coran wants us-" Shiro had begun to talk but noticed what was happening and froze.

     "Look out!" I cried out as I stood in front of him and closed my eyes.

     I heard a thud, but no pain. I opened my eyes to see a huge magic shield had appeared from my hands.

     "End training sequence!" Shiro calls out and the robots disappear.

     I stare at the gigantic shield and watch as it fades back into my hands. Shiro then places his hand on my shoulder and I look up at him in shock.

     "Thank you (Y/n)." He says and I nod up at him as I look back down at my hands.

     "I'm just glad you're alright. Wait, what were you going to tell me?" I ask as I walk over to the bench, grab my bayard, and turn to him.

     "Oh, Coran said to meet back in the control room. We're approaching the Blade of Marmora's headquarters." He says and I nod my head before heading towards the door, but he grabs my shoulder, stopping me.

     "(Y/n), thank you for that advice before. Without you guys, I would have never been able to bond with the black lion, and defeat Zarkon." He says and I looked up at him in surprise.

     "Wait, you fought Zarkon?! When?!" I ask in shock and he laughs.

     "Don't worry. It's not what you think." He says before making his way out the door.

     I stare at his back in confusion until he stops and turns to me.

     "Are you coming?" He asks with his arm outstretched to me and I shake my head to snap myself out of it.

     "Oh yeah! Let's go!" I say while running up to him and staying by his side and chatting as we walked.

     'Defense magic, huh? I can't imagine losing anyone here...so with every ounce of my being I'm going to protect them. Even if it kills me.' I think to myself as I walk next to Shiro and we approach the control room.

     Sorry for the shorter chapter today....Also, that last line of (Y/n)'s isn't foreshadowing...unless it is idk. Well anyways! Today's fanart is once again by my beautiful Space Twin Fuzzy_bean_Hunk on Instagram! And I want to thank you guys so much!!!! I would have never imagined this story to become so popular! You all literally mean the world to me and make me so happy....I hope our community will always be one of positivity and support. I love you guys! See you later!
                                💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 49 26
Some Voltron Character x Reader two and three shots. Hope you enjoy. Please comment and let me know if you are liking these stories and please click...
217K 4.3K 199
Hi! I've decided to write some voltron oneshots as why not aha. Enjoy these little stories and don't forget to vote and comment as they're deeply ap...
8.9K 266 15
This story has been rewritten. This is the terrible original version. Look for the new one under my works.
90.7K 2.8K 37
At long last, your eighteenth birthday has approached. You made a promise to yourself long ago that you would escape the ordeal of living with your n...