Fixing the Broken Boy (On Hol...

By UnreliableSources

Adam McLayn is just an ordinary all american guy, moving from place to place with his parents because his fat... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Eleven

1.2K 31 12
By UnreliableSources

(Please vote and comment for my story! :D thanks)

Things with Hayden were going perfectly, so perfect I would have thought that this was all a huge dream and I would wake up any minute, in my bed, back in Florida. Ever since I mentioned the date this Saturday to Hayden, he has been hyper and super happy, happier than Rebecca has ever seen him before. She had become closer to me again, like nothing had ever happened, and started talking to me in every single class that we had together, catching up with my short period of being popular.

Today was Wednesday, and there was still a few days to go before it would be Saturday, and as the days passed, it seemed to get slower and slower, like reality didn't want the date to happen. Hayden and I weren't official, even though we hung around each other like monkeys, and touched each other a lot, but not in an inappropriate way.

I thought the perfect life was going to continue today, but that when it began to spread - the gossip about something that happened a month ago. Why would people start bringing it up from a month ago? Because they recently found out that I was into guys, and that just started all sorts of commotion.

I was in U.S History when it hit; Rebecca was on her phone, the teacher not even caring whether or not she was texting right in front of her, when all of the sudden she tensed up beside me. I was working on the homework we were assigned and I noticed by the brush of her arm on mine. I looked up at her and she was glaring down at her phone, clutching it as if it was her life source.

"When were you going to tell Hayden?" She said in a whisper, barely audible. I furrowed my eyebrows together and looked at her phone screen for answers, but she jerked it from my curious eyes. "When were you going to tell him, Adam?" She said sternly, hissing into my ear.

"Tell him what?" I said lowly back towards her. Then she showed me the text she had just read. It was from a girl, a girl I knew very well: Miranda.

Did you hear, R? Adam kissed Heath at a party last month, I was there, I saw it with my own two eyes.

Miranda was one of the popular people I hung around when Rebecca and her group shuned me. I narrowed my eyes on the phone. I remembered that party, it was the first one I ever went to. I didn't intentionally kiss him, it was a dare, and it was on the cheek. Miranda was making it out to seem something way worse.

"Look," I began, but Rebecca cut me off.

"-I don't want to hear your excuses!" She bursted out and everyone in the classroom turned around to look at us. They automatically knew what was going on, except for the teacher, who was intentionally left out of the loop for a obvious reason, "You are the bastard I always thought you were!" She stood up, and glared down at me, "Stay away from Hayden." She warned and stomped out the classroom.

I watched as she left and then looked around the classroom, everyone was glaring at me and the teacher looked more confused than I was. Rebecca was a very impulsive person, and I knew she acted on things before she knew the actual reason. So I decided to let her cool off, and I shot Haden a text.

We need to talk.

I sat there waiting for a reply, but there was no reply; he usually texted me back in the few seconds after I texted him. He must have heard about it before I could explain and now he was going to go into his depressed state before I was able to explain the truth to him. God knows what Heath is going through with this nasty rumor spreading around like wild fire.

After class was over, I ran out of my classroom and down the hall towards where Hayden would be getting out of his classroom. People looked at me as if I was a disease as I ran past them to get to Hayden before I lost him. Once I made it to his classroom, it was empty. I sighed and looked around for any sign of him. Nothing.

I made my way down the hall to his next classroom, but he wasn't there yet, so I waited for him. Even after the bell rang I waited, he still didn't show up. I ran a hand through my hair, and began heading down the halls to the parking lot. He probably was going to go home.

He lived about on the other side of the town, no way would he make it to his house faster than I could, so I would try my chances with finding him walking. Once I got to my car, without any teachers noticing me, I started it and pulled out of the student parking lots. I figured I would go towards his house first and if he wasn't walking that way that I would have to check in town.

I clenched onto the wheel as I drove, my anger that I felt inside for the jock group I hung out with, turning a meaningless dare into something more than it was. Hayden was easily hurt, I knew that, and I was determined to fix him, mend his broken heart; makes me selfish in a way, but I cared about him from these last couple months than I have ever loved anyone in my whole entire life. Hayden was different, and he made me feel complete.

With one hand on the wheel now, and the other in my mouth as I chewed on my knuckles, I glanced around for any signs of Hayden. I couldn't find him, he shouldn't be this far down the road anyways, unless he ran. I decided to check the alley's between mobile homes to see if he was taking a road off from the main street because he figured I would try to follow him.

There was no luck finding him here, so I turned around and headed into town. I glanced into the window shops, maybe seeing if he was in there. I sighed and pulled over to the side and pressed my forehead on the steering wheel, breathing in and out slowly. I was never going to find him out in town, there are way too many places to hide from someone you didn't want to talk to.

I lifted my head off the wheel and glanced around and that's when I spotted him. He was running across the street, his face flushed from crying, to a candy shop. My heart was beating a mile a minute; I thought I would have not been able to find him.

I got out of my car and, locking it, and running across the street to the side he was on. My gaze was locked on him until he disappeared into the candy store. How was I going to approach him? He would be upset at me and I didn't want to make a scene in front of strangers about this. I decided to sit down on a bench and take a breather and think of what I was going to do.

After thirty minutes he came out of the candy shop with some candy and was munching on it. He looked sad, very sad, and it was all my fault. No, actually it was the school's fault for spreading senseless gossip. He was heading down the sidewalk towards me, not noticing me sitting here on the bench.

As he neared he looked up and scanned the area, his gaze fell on my car, he stiffened and looked around for me and he found me sitting on the bench. I gave him a grim smile and he just stood there with candy in his hand. I didn't make the effort to move or he would run off, but it soon paid off because he walked over to me and plopped down beside me.

We stayed quiet for a long time before I spoke up, "Hayden look-"

"-I don't want to hear it," He covered my mouth his hand and went back to eating his candy, "I knew someone like you was to perfect to be true. People like you always hurt people like me in the end, I don't know why I was kidding myself."

I sat beside him, my mouth agape. Did he just say "people like me"? I wasn't a certain type of person, I was Adam, I'm my own species. I sat there, my hands clenching into fists and he noticed it. He scooted a little down the bench away from me.

"Don't apologize," He told me, "I don't want to deal with this anymore. All I do is get hurt by guys over and over again because I am naïve, silly, foolish-a hopeless romantic. Most guys just want sex, they're all sexual predators, waiting for their next victim."

"You're speaking as if you aren't a guy yourself," I whispered softly and he turned to me. I sat back against the bench, my black hair brushing against my face as the warm California breeze blew. The sun was beating down on us, warming my cold skin from slowly dying inside. I wore Cali friendly clothes; a white tee, and tan kakis.

He stared at me for a moment before tearing his gaze away from me, and looking at the cars that passed by, then he let out a long, distraught sigh. "You're just like everyone before you, Adam."

"No, I'm not," I stood up and looked down at Hayden, "If you would let me talk about what actually had happened you would know the truth. Not the overly dramatized version the school goes off of and feeds to the peers." I narrowed my eyes at Hayden who opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off. "It was a dare. They dared me to kiss Heath on the cheek, not the lips. It was just a meaningless game, with a meaningless dare. I care about you, only you, but you can't see that and apparently never will after I practically chase after you."

He opened his mouth again, but this time he had nothing to say; he closed his mouth and looked down at his feet, as I noticed as being embarrassed or nervous habit. People around us began to stare at two guys arguing about their trouble love life. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, then just turned around on my heels and walked back to my car.

I heard my name be called behind me, but I kept walking and once to my car, unlocking it before I was yanked around. I looked down at Hayden who looked scared, as if he was scared of loosing something very close to him. I set my jaw and put on an expression that was questioning his actions.

"I believe you," he muttered.

"What?

"I believe you." He said more confident, and looked at me confirming it. I closed my eyes and nodded, I was on the edge of tears like I have never been before with anyone else. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his head in my chest. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I said soothingly into his hair as I wrapped my arms around him and breathed in his scent that I had been missing. "Just please, never assume something before speaking to me about it, okay?"

He nodded softly and made a little whimpering noise into my chest. I glanced around us and more people were watching, even though they tried turning away before I saw them. I sighed and pulled Hayden off from me and looked into his tear filled eyes.

"Let's go," I mumbled softly and looked at me car and back to him. He nodded again and walked over to the passenger seat of the car, and I got into the driver's side.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was quiet in the car between us as I drove off to his house. Sometime during the trip I grabbed his hand, intertwining my fingers with his and he happily obliged. The silence wasn't awkward, but a peaceful silence; we had nothing to say to each other and that was completely fine.

I took my time to get to his house, but it was still quicker than I wanted. I parked in his driveway and we both just sat there in silence. I looked over at him and he looked at me. I wanted to tell him that I loved him more than anything in the whole entire world, but I just couldn't because I didn't want to be rushing into this relationship, it might just push him away.

"So that date is still on for this Saturday?" I asked softly, my heart pounding anxiously for his answer. He smiled blushed and smiled then nodded. "Good because I was going to make you go if you wanted to or not." We both laughed softly and just looked over his features.

That soft looked brown hair, bright blue eyes, and smooth skin; he was perfect in my book. I reached over and stroked his cheek softly and he blushed more. I withdrew and signaled for him to go and he did just that.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said, leaning over to me and kissed me softly on the cheek before exiting the car. What was I going to do with this boy?

x ~ x ~ x

Here you go :D Many of you wanting me to upload the next chapter, which makes me so happy because I actually have people reading my stories ^^ I want to thank everyone who is supporting me in my stories and I hope you continue reading them because I would be sad if you didn't D: Anyways, I'll get to work on the next chapter on this or my other story "Safety in Ink." Which you totally should go check out if you haven't already :D!! Enough of my rambling! BYE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.6K 2.7K 44
Levi is a 15 years old guy, with not much to worry about, except trying not to fall asleep in church. Until the day he wakes up on the shoulder of an...
371 38 12
Adam is just... Adam. He has everything but one thing... Dylan. But, once they share a... Heated moment, and get caught. Things go crazy! But hey! Wh...
15M 460K 32
"We can't do this." I whisper as our lips re-connect, a tingling fire surging through my body as his hands ravage unexplored lands; my innocence di...
23K 1.4K 25
Noah O'Neil's senior year was going great. He was ready to graduate and take on the real world with his friends and family. That is, until his father...