The Girl in Black (Rewriting)

By huzailazahid

[Rank #1 in Action - thriller (12 June , '18) ] Completed 'You know what? I'll be throwing a party once we g... More

Cast
Chapter, 1
Chapter, 2
Chapter, 3
Chapter,4
Chapter, 5
Chapter, 6
Chapter, 7
Chapter, 8
Chapter,9
Chapter,10
Chapter,11
Chapter, 12
Chapter,13
Chapter, 14
CHAPTER,15
Chapter, 16
Chapter, 17
Chapter, 18
Chapter, 19
Chapter, 20
Chapter, 21
Chapter, 23
Chapter, 24
Chapter,25
Chapter, 26
Chapter,24
Chapter,25
Chapter,26
Chapter,27
Chapter ,28
Chapter,29
Chapter,30
Chapter,31
Chapter,32
Chapter,33
#1 RANK
Chapter,34
Chapter,35
Chapter,36
Chapter,37
Chapter,38
Chapter,39
Chapter,40
Chapter,41
Chapter, 42
Chapter, 43
Chapter, 44
Chapter, 45
Chapter,46
Chapter, 47
Chapter, 48
Chapter, 49
Chapter, 53
Chapter, 54
Chapter, 55
Chapter, 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Acknowledgements

Chapter, 22

248 18 4
By huzailazahid

Leo POV

I wore my clothes as I came out of my shower.

With the towel still around my neck, I went in Elsa's room to checkup on her. It was only seven in the morning and she was peacefully cocooned in her blanket, dreaming the dream world. 

A small smile crawled up to my lips as I remembered a drunk Elsa from yesterday night. She wanted to be something to me, to mean something to me. Now that I think about it, my heart wavered as I recalled how close we were last night. 

I closed the door softly behind me and walked downstairs to see Austin and Justin cooking in the kitchen.

I sat with Dave on the table. 'Yo, bro.'

'Where's your mini mo?' Dave looked behind him.

'Remind me again why don't you have a girlfriend?' I mocked him.

'Ah,' he sat back on the chair, 'the one I want doesn't even look at me.' His eyes unfocused as if he was reminiscing something.

'She won't if you stay like this.'

'What the eff do you mean?'

'You know what I mean. Go, change your appearance. Wear some good clothes, have some style and most importantly, brush your hair, you Ape.'

Dave deadpanned. He opened his mouth to argue but closed it. He knew I was right.

Soon, to my annoyance, Jake came too. 'Good morning,' he chirped as he walked to the table. He dragged his chair back and sat on it. 'How are you doing?'

'Nice.' Dave answered for both of us. 'What about your mission? How is it going?'

'Ah,' Jake leaned back on the table. 'It's just proceeding. I'm thinking to quit from it.'

'Why? Weren't you trying to fulfil your goal of completing fifty missions to get a house for yourself or shit?' I tossed a pistachio in my mouth.

'Yeah, I still am. It's just that the guy I'm trying to find is untraceable. I don't think I'll ever be able to find him.'

I narrowed my eyes. 'Who is he?'

'Just a drug dealer and killer. Nothing much.' He dismissed the topic but I knew better. 'Hasn't Elsa waken up yet?'

'Not yet.' Dave told him.

'We should check up on her. She doesn't usually sleep this long.'

Because she has to reluctantly get up to practice. 'No, let her sleep.' I said.

Let her sleep for one day. She has been caught up enough.

'Okay, but just check up on her. Hey Chloe, can you check up on Princess?' Jake called out to Chloe who was just passing by Elsa's room. She rolled her eyes, gave Jake the look but whatever happened, she agreed. 'Would she take her meds?' Jake's persistence made my patience wary but I played it cool.

'Let her sleep. I told you, she's fine.'

'Says the one who left her in the forest when she was shot.' Jake snickers.

'What? Really?' Dave asked astonishingly.

'It was just a graze and I know better, Jake. So I'd suggest you to keep your mouth shut.'

'Her could barely walk,' Jake reminded. 'I can't even believe. How much rude do you have to be to her? I get that you bullied her in school but this is not school.'

'And this is not an advisory council where you can utter shit without having anyone ask you to.' I snap coldly.

'I can say whatever I want. You don't get to tell me what to do. Save it for Elsa.'

'If you want to, then leave my fucking house.' I point to the door. 'Or I'll make you.' Dave placed his hand on my shoulder to tell me to relax but how could I? Just seeing this bastard's face make me feel nauseous.

Jake scoffed. 'Your empty threats won't work on me. Oh, but wait, that's all you can do, right? Threatening everyone to listen to you, bullying people to tell them you are mighty.' The door clicks and Stephen enters.

'I am and I don't need to tell them. Not to people like you. Like, come on,' I snicker, 'it's been fifteen years yet you couldn't even win yourself a house.'

'Yeah, because I work fair and strong. Not like you, who can't even protect their own sister.' I don't even wait for a single second as I stand up from my chair and punch Jake hard on his jaw.

He was not caught off-guard as he grabbed my fists and tried to block it but I punch him on his cheek. I toss him on the floor. He tried to temple kick me but I knew better. I knew all of his tactics. How could I not? We both practiced and trained together but now that I thought of it, only anger bubbled inside me.

I punch him again until hands surround me from either sides and I was pushed back by Dave, Stephen and Austin. 'Bro, relax.' Dave told me in my ear.

I clenched my jaw as my knuckles throbbed but I didn't feel enough. I wanted to rip his head off his neck.

Just as I shrug the arms off and Jake stands on his feet, a scream sounds around the house.

Before anyone can even move, I dashed to Elsa's room. 'Leo!' I looked back and caught the gun Dave threw as I loaded it and kicked open Elsa's door room.

When I didn't see her on her bed, my stomach churned. Did they took her? Straightening my elbows with the gun pointed, I swept my eyes around the room.

I kicked open the bathroom door when Stephen and Dave come into the room too, with their guns pointed straight ahead.

Just as I entered the bathroom, relief drew upon me upon seeing an Elsa with her towel wrapped around her body. 'God, you scared me.'

'Leo, look at this.' She pointed at her now neon pink hair.

'Is everything alright?' Stephen called out.

'Oh, shit.' Just as Dave, Stephen and Jake made into the bathroom, they turned away as soon as they did since Elsa was still in her towel, not that she bothered but I did. 'Elsa, you're okay. We should be going then.' They moved out of the bathroom.

'Did you dye your hair?' I was unsure what to do. Either to stay and leave.

Seeing Elsa pink instead of blond was weird but it was not that weird as Elsa's face had presented.

I mean, she still looked okay.

'I did not. My ... my shampoo ...' she ran her fingers through her hair several times. She clutched her fist. 'Chloe.'

I turned around to find a smirking Chloe, leant against the door frame, enjoying the scene unfolding amusingly before her. 'You!' Elsa, without even thinking, ran for Chloe who gracefully began walking out.

'Hey, hey, hey,' I halted Elsa as I held her back by her waist. 'Calm down.'

'Look at me! I look like a fucking cotton candy!'

'You look okay.'

'No I don't! I look bad! Too fucking bad!' She snatched her body off my grip. 'I need to get that bitch's as—

'—hold on, Els—oomph!' Just as I was to catch her, she elbowed my stomach. She ran out of the bathroom. 'God, Dammit!'

I ran after her and before she could open her room door to rip Chloe's throat off, I caught her by her wrist and spinning her around forcefully, pinned her to the wall. 'Stop it.' I said.

'She did it purposely!'

'I know!'

'No, you don't know! She did it because everyone complimented my hair yesterday!'

'Riff, believe me, I know.'

'I hate her. Let me go!'

'Look at what you are wearing. Everyone is downstairs.' I shook her. She stopped as she looked into my eyes that widened as soon as they took in our position.

Then my eyes lifted down to her chest and hers too. 'Shit.' She jerked her hands away from my grip. She covered her chest by her arms and turned around but I didn't miss the blush on her face. 'Pervert.'

'I'll see you downstairs.' I said as I bit my lip and closed the door behind me.

I shook the strange feeling off my chest. When I looked downstairs from the railing, I saw Jake leaving the house. What the hell? I thought he already left. I went in my room and retrieved a microphone of a size of a M&M's. I went in the The Researching Room and hacked into Jake's bike's GPS. When I saw his route to Dr. Drake, from Elsa's room I took her medical file.

I rushed downstairs. When I heard a faint roar of a bike, I ran into the garage and as quickly as I could, revved my bike out of the garage.

Jake's bike came into view but I waited until he turned around a corner. Just like that, in bits and pieces, I followed Jake, cautious he'll catch me but to my surprise, he didn't.

He stopped before Dr. Drake and Dr. Madison's house, just I knew, and while whistling, he tossed his helmet of this head. Just as he stood before the house, the door opened and he went inside.

Seeing the opportunity, I placed the microphone under his bike as I simultaneously rang the bell, trying my best to hide my action from the cameras outside Dr. Drake's house.

'Enter the code.' A monotone lady's voice speaks from the intercom. I enter the seven digit code that is persistent through out each and very building of SAB's buildings. 'State your name.'

'Leo Black.' I say and the door opens.

I step in the luxury two storey house. I pass through a fountain of swans and ducks in the middle of a lush green garden as I knock at the main door.

They let me in. My shoes' sole's rhythmic clunk on the wooden floor echoes through the whole house. An enormous chandelier hangs on top of me, it's crystals piercing through the rays of light.

'Leo Black?' Another clunk, and Dr. Drake, a man of big forehead and thin hair with a intimidating personality appears. He was Dr. Madison's husband and a well-qualified Doctor. Just as he came out, Jake, like a rat, trailed him. 'To what do I owe you a pleasure?'

'I want to meet Dr. Madison,' when I put forth the medical report of Elsa's arm, for some odd reason, Jake's forehead unknitted, 'to discuss about Elsa's arm.'

'She's is not available.' Dr. Drake replied monotonously as he tied his hands behind his back. 'You can come later.'

I lifted my eyes up to Jake and he stared back at me. 'Okay.' I said as tossed the file behind me and walked out of the house. Casting a last look on the microphone on his bike, I rode my bike away.

***
Please vote and comment if you liked and check out my other story, The Glass Oath If you are interested.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 504 33
Scarlett Mendoza is your typical high school senior. She has a caring boyfriend, a god honest best friend and not to mention perfect grades... all in...
2K 266 15
Annalise Vale is living as an ordinary peasant girl. After being locked up inside a tower her whole life she finally runs away. On her way to find a...
1.3K 134 27
"There's always something called acting and lying. The answer isn't always going to pop up magically, you have to work for it." This statement can ch...
895 95 21
Just saying it's really bad so read at your own risk and don't say i didn't warn you Valkyrie is the 18 year old daughter of Malekai Creed who is the...