Lucifer

By Kelly_Al

Her eyebrows raised as she impatiently glared in my direction. I looked around me briefly, not finding anyone... More

Warning
Intro
Prologue: The Fall
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 2

607 17 4
By Kelly_Al

*Unedited*

If it was anything that made my suffering bearable, it was walks on earth. It was indeed beautiful and I could understand why God was most proud of his creation here. Taking care of it from heaven was a whole lot different from experiencing it myself. The way the wind felt against my skin was always something I looked forward to.

I had no clue where I was going or what I was doing. I didn't know how to find the beautiful freak, but I know it felt right to find her. Or at least the voice in my head felt it was right to do so. And apparently, I take instructions from the voices in my head now.

I froze. It was as if something was suddenly calling to me and I found my feet talking control of my body and leading me where this sixth sense desired me to be. It was odd. It was like I had zoned out everything and was only aware of a distinct smell and voice which grew stronger as I got closer. The sensation was familiar, as though whatever was drawing me close wasn't new to me.

It was her. I should have recognized her voice considering it had stuck with me from our first encounter. But rather than chastising me, this time she was using her sweet, soft voice to threaten. Not that it was doing anything. She was as scary as a puppy. Finally finding her on the dark street, I noticed she was cornered by two men who seemed to be harassing her. I rushed over to her and snapped my fingers, watching as both men fell to the ground.

Her eyes flew to mine suddenly and the fear buried within them was scorching. She could still see me. She tried to press herself further into the wall away from me, obviously frightened. It made me scowl. Here I was trying to save the girl and instead she turned her fear on me. As if suddenly realizing who I was, she frowned in recognition.

"You!"

I studied her then. I hadn't had a chance to earlier because I was mesmerized by her eyes and shocked by the fact that she could see me but now I looked her over from head to toe. She was wearing a tightly fitted dress, that stopped mid-thigh leaving her long legs bare and tempting. She looked as if she was returning from a night out. Typical human lifestyle.

She was tall, maybe 5'10 and her skin was perfectly tanned, unlike the usual pale of her race, which led me to conclude that she was mixed. Her eyes, now that I could see them better, were definitely hazel, but it was the kind of hazel that could appear blue or grey. She was beautiful. And she was upset.

"What did you do to them?" she demanded as she leaned over the passed-out bodies.

"I helped you," I stated annoyed with the ungrateful human.

"I had it controlled," she hissed at me.

"Okay," I shrugged and swung my wrist around, waking the men back up. They immediately rushed her once more as I leaned against a light pole and watched.

"Are you serious?" she scowled at me despite the panic in her eyes. The men grabbed her, trying to undress her as she tried and failed to fight them off. I couldn't help but wince every time they had managed to successfully grope her. But she was human, things like this happened to her kind every day.

This is how you expect to redeem yourself?

She's ungrateful. I tried to help, and she didn't want my help, so I would watch her get the situation under control. This was what she wanted. She asked for this.

She's human, they never know what they want. Never say what they mean either.

Not my problem, I thought. Who asks for rape? Apparently, this stupid girl with freakish eyes and weird abilities. It was probably some fetish of hers. Humans. Fucking freaks the whole lot of them. Looking over at her, I notice she was crying now. The tears that ran down her face made my skin crawl and my stomach pain in a way I've never experienced before. What was this feeling?

"Please, please help me," she cried out at me, her teary eyes meeting my own cold ones. The men laughed at her.

"No one can hear you, stupid bitch," one of them growled and that did it for me. Grabbing the first by his head, I smashed his face into the brick wall repeatedly, feeling satisfied as I watched blood run down his cheeks. Deciding I was done with him, I dropped his body and grabbed the next man, wrapping my hands around his neck and grinned as I watched him slowly lose air. I released his body once he passed out and stepped over them. Killing them would only leave the girl vulnerable and as a possible suspect. I needed her outside of jail, for now.

"You were gonna stand there and let them rape me?" she cried hysterically.

"That's what you wanted," I stated simply.

"What kind of man are you?" she hissed at me.

"I'm not-" I'd almost tell her I wasn't a man. Biting my tongue, I scowled at her, "The kind that just saved your life, you ungrateful little girl."

"I'm not a little girl!" she was visibly angry and shaking, "And why didn't they see you?"

"Would you like me to wake them back up, so you can ask?" I asked with fake interest.

"They're still alive?"

"Fuck, you ask a lot of questions," I mumbled but she seemed to hear me and frowned at my use of language.

"How did you even do that?" she continued anyway, "He was on the ground and then you made him wake up, just like you made the men fight in the bar earlier."

"The better question is why you are out here by yourself at this hour of the night?"

"I'm a grown woman, I can be where I want to be," she complained stubbornly.

"Yeah? Well grown women still get raped," I told her, noticing how she shivered because of the chill of the night. I pulled my jacket closer around me, not that I needed it.

Her eyes narrowed in on me then and I watched as she looked me over in all of my 6'4 glory. A sudden feeling of insecurity washed over me. Human emotions. But could you really blame me? I hadn't been seen by anyone in years...centuries...millenniums. People walked through me every day and here was this girl openly taking me in. I was quite handsome, that much I knew, but it was still unnerving.

Seeming to be impressed with my heavenly qualities, she blushed and looked away from me. I studied her as she brushed the loose strands of her hair back from her face and used the palm of her hand to wipe away the sweat that had settled on her forehead. She even fanned herself a little, which was odd because she was shivering earlier from the cold.

"I should go," she told me as if she thought I cared.

"I'm not holding you back?" I said as though I was unsure, but I knew for certain I had no bonds keeping her here.

Walk her home.

"No."

"What?" she looked at me confused. Great, now she was going to think I was crazy.

"Would you leave? Fuck, I hate humans like you. You look for trouble, walking around in the dead of the night as a woman in those clothes, making yourself a target and then call on God or an angel to help. Stop making yourself a victim and get home before you get killed!" I was beyond irritated now. There was nothing this silly human could do for me.

"Wow, you are the biggest jerk I've ever come across! First you hurt those guys, then you set them back on me and enjoy me almost being raped and then you rub it in my face!" she screamed at me as she came closer, "But I should have known you were a jerk because of what you did earlier at the bar, almost getting those two men killed. I won't even waste my breath on you ever again, go to hell!"

Oh baby, you have no clue, I thought to myself as she stormed off. Whatever. I couldn't possibly care any less. She wasn't the first person to be angry with me and she surely wouldn't be the last. I was used to people hating me, that was my punishment and perhaps I was a sucker for pain.

I waited for her to get ahead before I started to follow her. I didn't care for the human, but she was my key to redemption and so I couldn't let her get hurt. I had to protect her until I knew what purpose she served me. She stopped walking and looked around as though she had felt that she was being followed. Quickly changing forms, I transformed into a fly deciding it was easier to follow her that way.

It hadn't taken her long before she arrived at a sketchy looking apartment complex which made my skin crawl. That was saying a lot. I didn't like the place. The walls had graffiti and the building was worn and torn. Following her inside, there were a group of men that she had to go by who looked at her as though she were a piece of meat. I made sure they didn't approach her, knowing they couldn't go against my power.

She climbed the stairs to the second floor before stopping in front of a door. 27. I committed the number to memory though I wouldn't need it long because there was no way on earth, she was staying here. Not if I could do something about it.

Locking the door behind her, she kicked her shoes off by the coffee table and dragged herself to her bedroom. Taking a quick glance around the room, I realized it was a small complex, with the kitchen and living room in the same space. Her bedroom, which I followed her into had a small bathroom adjoined and a tiny balcony, which wasn't needed because the view was horrible.

I felt all my muscles grow tense as she sighed tiredly and slipped out of her dress, leaving herself in nothing but a bra and panty. Her skin looked soft and I wanted nothing more than to wrap my- What. The. Fuck? No. She was human and that was gross. Angels did not engage in pleasures of the flesh.

You're no longer an angel.

Well, I wasn't no fucking human either. Shit. It felt wrong swearing to the voice inside my head. When did I start having morals anyway? Probably the same time I started having human emotions and cravings. This girl wasn't no fucking key to redemption. She was the key to my destruction.

I quickly left. I couldn't stay around any longer. She was stripping for bed and I didn't want to see her naked. I didn't even want to see her again. If anything was made clear to me tonight, it's that this girl had nothing for me. Sure, she could see me but so what? I wasn't looking for a friend, I was looking for an escape from this life of hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210 19 12
.."Lucifer happens to find his mate in your clan,..And his MATE happens to be your Dearest Daughter...", All I heard was daughter, Yes I know, She ha...
550K 20.1K 72
*Completed* "No smart move.. I suppose I can trust you on this.." He said in his deep voice leaving my hand.He didn't need to tell me that.. I was so...
2K 45 21
A triangle love Part 1 of 2 *************** I suddenly pecked his lips and smiled confidently. He just looked at me and didn't say anything. I smile...
1.5K 14 11
"I hate you," she muttered and I was taken aback. I looked at the guys for a quick second and back at her. "W-" "Don't ever scare me like tha...