Serendipitous: Louis' Story

Por summerintheclouds

It all started when Melina lost her cell phone on the subway and of all people, Louis Tomlinson picked it up... Más

Serendipitous: Louis' Story
Aaron with a D
Crashed Date
You!
Here We Go Again
Stolen Date
An Invitation
Louis and his Plans...
Hanas Annual Baseball Game
Roll With It
Outbursts
Country Concerts and Goodbye Kisses
A Little Time For Us
Breakfast, Texts, and Ice Skating
The Chase pt. 1
The Chase pt. 2
Karaoke and Kissing Cams
Paparazzi & Radio Interviews
When Louis Met Kyle
A Good Morning
Trouble
Revelations
History Collides
Idiota
L- Word
Just Kiss Me
Epilogue pt. I
Epilogue pt. II
21 Kisses pt. 1
21 Kisses pt. 2

Blind Date... with Louis?

32.3K 353 32
Por summerintheclouds

Melina made it back to her apartment to find her best friend sitting on her couch. 

“Eva?”

“Hey girl,” The dark haired girl smiled back at her.  Eva was half Argentinean, half Czech, and completely gorgeous.  Melina had long gotten past the point of feeling unpretty around Eva as the two had grown up together. Being slight outcasts as it was, both being from mixed families.  The Greeks and Czechs were very proud of their heritage and were unsure how to welcome the girls with their mixed parentage to their community, thus the two stuck together instead, bonding. Eva was as much a best friend as well as a sister, one that Melina desperately wanted having already two older brothers. 

Melina dropped her bag before crashing on the couch beside her.  “I’m so tired, please not tonight.” She groaned, knowing exactly what Eva wanted. 

“Come on, it won’t be that bad. This time it’s a guy that attends Organic Chemistry with Kent!”

Melina made a face. Organic Chemistry? Dear lord, someone save her now.

Eva huffed at Melina’s reluctance.  “Lina, you haven’t been with another guy since Rob, don’t let the last memory of the jerk ruin your fun.  I promise that you will have a blast on this date.”

“Eva, I already told you no more double dates!” Melina exclaimed.  "Not all of us can be lucky to be with a guy like Kent."

“I know, but you can’t just stay here watching How I Met Your Mother every night!” Eva yelled back.  “Plus he is seriously good looking I promise, Kent showed me a picture.”

“Eva you said that two dates ago, Hunter I believe, and that guy couldn’t keep his eyes off you the whole time or flirting with you.  I think Kent was ready to commit murder and I was all up for helping him.  The guy was a total tosser. ”

“Okay so Hunter was not one of my best choices I will admit, but this time Kent’s the one who is setting you up, and you trust him don’t you?” Eva leaned down to give Melina her best pleading look.

Melina closed her eyes before rolling towards the other direction and away from Eva’s pleading look. “Go away, I love you but go away and let me watch my show.” She moaned, trying for sympathy at least.

“I can’t…” Eva’s voice dropped a few pitches.  “ I already gave Kent the go ahead a few hours ago. So you have to go otherwise you’ll just embarrass the poor guy.”

“Evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” Melina cried bolting from the couch.

“And my job is to help you get ready for tonight so that you can wow Darren.” Eva chirped, ignoring the glare that Melina was boring into her forehead. 

~~~

Hey Melina.

3:00

Are you ignoring me?

3:15

MELINA!

3:30

Okay fine, go ahead and ignore me.

3:31

Darren will be ten times better than Hunter or Lyle, I promise. 

3:58

Eva should know but BellaReeve @6:30  be there ok?

4:00

Crap Melina Eva’s not answering her phone, tell her that Darren and I literally just got assigned a giant project due by noon tomorrow. We can’t do date tonight.  Sorry. 

5:59

Louis read every message as it popped on the screen of the Android.  His curiosity was peaked with every message and really he was going to have to return the girl’s phone to her soon. 

“Hey boys, does anyone feel like going out to dinner tonight?” Louis asked, causing his four band mates to look at him. 

“I’m up for  food!” Niall happily agreed. 

“Sounds good to me.” Zayn added not sure what else to do. 

~~~

After a lot of persuading, Louis managed to convince the security that they would be fine for one night out.  So instead of four guards, they only had one whom would keep his distance unless something happened.

Two taxis had been called, all the boys getting into one while their security got into the other.

“Do you know a place called Bella Reeve?” Louis asked the driver while he sat on Harry’s lap, there not being enough room in the taxi. 

~~~

Melina drank her second glass of strawberry lemonade as she glanced at the clock.  Well Kent and whoever the Darren person was, were both ten minutes late. 

“Where the hell is Kent?” Eva muttered, adding some Spanish explicative that Melina would never repeat in front of her mom.  “Damnit, I forgot my cell phone at home. Do you have yours?” Eva looked up at her.

“No, remember me telling you that I dropped my cell phone on the subway, while you were going through my closet?”

“No I was too busy trying to find a perfect outfit for you. Shoot, I’m so sorry Lina this wasn’t supposed to happen,”

“I’m fine Eva, this strawberry lemonade’s pretty awesome, there’s even real strawberry pieces in it.” Melina said honestly.  She really loved the drink and a part of her was glad that Kent wasn’t here with her blind date. She really wasn’t very good with the dating thing, Rob had been her first real boyfriend and that had ended a disaster.  She had no idea what to talk to guys about when on dates and all the dates she’d been dragged to by Eva had been one disaster after another. Well no, Lyle actually wasn’t a disaster but he was just so… boring as bad as it sounded. 

Eva sighed.  “I’m going to find a telephone to call Kent, I’ll be right back. 

Melina nodded as she went back to sipping her drink, not realizing that she had five pairs of eyes on her.

~~~

“That’s her?” Harry asked as they all used their menus to hide their faces. 

“I think so,” Louis muttered. 

"She's pretty," Harry admired. 

“Her friend’s gorgeous.” Niall said watching the exotic beauty walk away.  The others nodded in agreement.

“I think she’s taken, sorry Niall.” Louis said recalling a message sent to Melina this morning. 

“She would be,” Niall sighed.

“Are you going to give the girl her cell phone back?” Liam asked, getting down to business.

“I should…”

“Louis you can’t keep the girls cell phone, no matter how interesting you think her messages are.” Liam stated. 

“Her parents are hilarious.” Louis defended.  All day he’d been laughing as Melina’s cell phone rang and it was a message from her parents.  Her mum and dad were the funniest couple he’d ever read texts from.

Melina, your father is installing a new washer and failing. Can’t the stubborn man just pick up the phone and call a maintenance man.  Men

Your mother complains too much. The washer is coming along fine.

Ignore your father. He’s crap at fixing anything. Washer is making ghostly noises

Your mother washed a damn pair of pearls along with her clothes. I installed it fine.

Your father changed the language setting to Greek on the TV.

Your mother is refusing to feed me until I change the TV back to English. If I stop by the café, will you feed me?

Your father turns into a fussing baby when he’s hungry. Men

I think your mother is trying to poison me in revenge

I told your father to heat up the left over tomato soup HE made

Poison I tell you. Record this message for the future

Damn Greek man too spoiled by his mother

Your grandmother was a great cook. Cook more like her not your mother.

Why did I marry a mamas boy? Much less a greek one.

~~~

Melina looked up from her drink, as someone sat on the chair across from her.  Melina physically leaned back upon finding that it was not Eva, but a male.  Rather cute one that looked awfully familiar. 

“Hi,” The guy opposite of Melina said, rather happily, slightly freaking her out.

“Do I know you?” Melina asked wearily.

“Not really,” The guy smiled before grabbing something from his pocket.  He took out a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses and put them on. 

Melina’s eyes widened as she recognized that it was the guy from the train. 

“I’m Louis Tomlinson.”

“Melina Hanas, and why does your name sound familiar?”

“Are you half Greek?”

Melina nodded as she cocked her head from side to side trying to figure out from where she’d heard the name.  Really, that name…

“Wait how do you know I’m half greek?” Melina asked.

Louis smiled wider if that was possible.  “Your parents are hilarious,”

Melina’s jaw dropped.  “You’re reading my text messages!”

“Ummm,” Louis stuttered as he took off his sunglasses. “Yeah, sorry about that.”

Melina sighed unsure of what else to do or say. “Can I just have my cell phone back?”

“Yep!” He quipped before digging into his pockets. 

Melina saw a look of confusion cover Louis face as he repeated searching all of his pockets again. 

“I think I left your cell phone at the hotel.” Louis said guiltily. 

Melina opened and then closed her mouth at a loss of words.  Before she could say anything, two girls a bit younger than her came to their table. 

“Excuse me but are you Louis Tomlinson?” One girl asked. 

Melina watched curiously when Louis nodded, causing the girls to squeal. 

“Ohmygosh, I am your biggest fan,” 

“We’re both die hard directioners,” the other girl gushed.

“Could we have a picture with you?”

Somehow Melina got warped into taking a picture on one of the girls phones of the three of them.  It was only after the girls left that Melina remembered where she heard the name from. 

“You’re a part of that boy band that all the girls are going crazy over.” Melina stated, rather proud of herself that she remembered.  “You look a lot older in person,” Melina muttered peering closer, to look at him and scrutinize.

“How old did you think I was?” Louis asked curiously.  

“Well my co-worker Lucy has your single, and plays it at work all the time when we’re cleaning. On the cover you look, well,” Melina paused. 

Louis leaned closer waiting for her answer.

“Fifteen,”

This time it was Louis turn to open and close his mouth like a fish.

“Fifteen,” he muttered under his breath.  He could hear a couple of laughs behind him. He turned around and shot his mates a look. 

“It might just be the makeup because you look at least eighteen now.” Melina tried to apologize in her own way. 

Louis wanted to smack his band mates when he heard further laughing in the back ground. 

“Louis, you boys need to get back to the hotel for tomorrow’s concert.” Some guy dressed in black with an unsmiling face said, surprising both of them.  “I already ordered two taxis back.” He said sternly, his tone alone spoke that there would be no getting around the matter. 

“We didn’t even get to eat!” Niall whined causing all eyes to land on him. 

“Oh shit.” Liam said when they saw several girls zoom in on them. 

“Run,” Harry said before all four of them bolted. 

Louis looked back at Melina.

“Go,” Melina urged, knowing the boy band craze having seen it first hand at her work place. 

Louis got up but before leaving he grinned at her.  “Oh by the way you have two more days before your library book, Every Boy’s Got One is due.” He said chuckling.

Melina blushed a furious shade of red.  “The book’s not like that!” She exclaimed. “And stop reading my emails too!” She yelled as Louis ran out of the restaurant whilst still laughing.  “I want my cell phone back!”

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

12.2K 264 25
After Cece had gotten kidnapped by her uncle she lost her memory. Harry now has to regain his half sisters trust. But will she regain her memory an t...
10.1K 516 21
in which louis tomlinson picks up my cell phone and a long train of cliche events happen afterwards.
61.9K 470 22
Justin and Ariella are engaged. Selena and David are together but one day at the beach with new band, One Direction changes all of that. Some helples...
109K 1.1K 35
Gracie Styles is now older and in high school. Her life seems to be perfect; the perfect friends, the perfect boyfriend and of course the perfect fam...