2 a.m | g.d + e.d

By dxviious

Where two friends console in each other's problems at 2am, but how far do the nights take them? More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
epilogue

6

4.1K 121 50
By dxviious

Grayson's POV

Mom had made us dinner and was still curious about my mood earlier on in the day, but I dismissed it quickly. I didn't want her worrying over me when she was already stressing about the trip back to LA. She loved to see us travel, but always got anxious when we did.
Cameron and Ethan had teased me both about the situation over dinner but dad had shut it down quickly which I was thankful for. 

I had been laying in my bedroom, listening to music and going through social media for hours now. I hadn't really gotten the chance to go through my socials recently or check things out just because I was always out doing things. Having some time for myself was always grateful and I really did need those few hours.
A lot of people had reposted the photo of me and Jade on Instagram and seeing it made me smile. The photo was really cute, especially because Jade was in it.
"What you doin?" I heard a voice say.
I looked up and saw Jade at my door, leaning against the frame. I had to take a second glance, shocked.
"What are you doing here?" I sat up.
"Let's go on a drive."
"It's 1. We have to be up for the airport in like 5 hours, I shouldn't even be up right now."
"Please Grayson."
Her emotionless tone made it easy for me to tell she wasn't okay. I stood up and nodded. Looking around puzzled, I tried to think of things I could put on quickly as I was only laying in shorts and no top.

However, she was more gathered herself. She got me some warm clothes and already had my coat at the top of my stairs.
I slipped on everything, alongside my Doc Martins, then patted down my coat in search for my keys.
"You haven't seen my keys ha-"
She twiddled them off the top of her finger and spun around, walking out the door.
I followed her down the stairs, but a figure was following. I could feel it.

"Where are you guys going?" Cameron mumbled, half asleep. It didn't startle me because of already sensing it.
"Oh, just on a drive Cam. It's okay, go back to bed." I turned and grabbed her arm softly, steering her back to her room.
"Will you pick me up some fries on the way back?" She asked.
I chuckled as she slid back under the covers.
"Yes Cam, I'll get you some fries." I kissed the top of her head and she closed her eyes, snuggling back in.
No matter how much we argued, she was still my older sister and I loved her. 

When back downstairs, the door was open and Jade was already waiting in the car. I was starting to grow concerned.
I locked up and strolled over, climbing in.
"What's up?" I was looking down at my keys, but when I looked up, she was crying.
"Jade oh my god what's wrong?"
She was silent, tears rolling down as her sobs were muffled.
I didn't know what to do. I had never seen her cry like this before, only from happiness or in physical pain which I could handle.
Her arms stretched out and she leaned in wrapping her arms around me. Leaning over was just too hard to hug properly, so I lifted her up and cradled her in my arms.

Her crying got worse, her fragile body shaking into mine. How could I see her like this? What happened?
"Talk to me..." I whispered in her ear, rubbing smooth circles as her breathing was jagged.
"I've been th-thinking about what you said earlier.. the whole Ethan thing. I-I don't want it to ruin our friendship.. You walked out. You walked out with no explanation.. I didn't think too much of it but throughout the rest of the night it got worse. I haven't ate, I couldn't slee-" I had to stop her, she was speaking so quickly, her thoughts hurtling out all at once, wanting to be heard.
"Hey... nothing you could do or say would ruin what we have. I'm sorry I left the house, I should have stayed. Especially without an explanation. I just had to leave and talk to Ethan about a few things that I was concerned about. You know I care for you. Ethan doesn't like you, not in that way. He will always be that kind of flirt but you just need to ignore him. He did come on to you earlier today but don't get stuck in that. He can be... dangerous. Nothing deadly, just an emotional roller coaster when it comes to him and relationships."
I kept it simple and soft to the voice, making sure she never felt scared of hurt.

She had stopped crying, her sobs turning into sniffles as she cuddles into me.
"You haven't ate?" I added.
She shook her head.
"Let's go get you Taco Bell. How does that sound?"
She nodded and looked up to me. Her unique blue eyes stood out against her dark skin and were glazed over with stray tears which made them flash back at me. I felt myself break inside just staring at her. I never wanted to see her like this, and knowing I did this to her made it worse.
I kissed the top of her head and she shuffled off of me, onto the passenger seat.

"I'm sorry." She croaked out.
"No. You have nothing to be sorry for."
"I'm sorry for not pushing him away, for not realising."
"Why would you be sorry for that Jade? It's not like you're cheating or anything."
"It feels like it." She mumbled under her breath, but I still heard. I chose to ignore it, partly because I didn't want to think about us in that way.

I had set off, luckily the Taco Bell was close by. I didn't want to travel that far tonight, I wouldn't even be able to function the next morning and mom would kill us. No, more like kill me because she adored Jade. I looked over and I saw her leaning her head on the glass, staring at the empty country roads, the street lights flying by.
I'd never seen her this distant before but I knew she had to relax and be quiet to calm herself down.
"Don't tell Ethan." she let out quickly.
I blinked through the statement, taken back.
"Okay." I'll respect her decision but I don't see why it would even matter.
"So you don't think he likes me. Are you sure?"
"I'm sure." I dismissed.

She grabbed a newly washed blanket from behind her, pulling it up and over herself for warmth. I got to the drive thru and she tried to tell me her order, but I already knew it off by heart. It made her smile, which was something I loved and already missed seeing on her. I'll get Cameron some fries when we're on the way back so they don't get cold.
With food in hand, I parked up and handed the food to her.
"I hate seeing you upset Jade. I've genuinely never seen you upset in that way though."
"I don't like to cry like that often. If I ever did, I went to Cam. You're my best friend Gray, but she's more like a sister to me. I've gone to her with so much shit before... mostly about you."
"About me?" 
"Yeah but it's all in the past, forgotten."
"I hope it wasn't anything negative." I pressed. I wanted to know what the situations were, definitely if it was about me.
"No comment."
"Well you can't tell me that it's about me and not tell me..." I whined like a little kid, sulking.

She shuffled in her seat and turned to face me, popping a fry in her mouth.
"Gray, it really wasn't anything serious. Just petty arguments we got in when we were younger and I just needed to speak to her about my feelings because of it."
"Fine. I guess that's acceptable."
"Acceptable? Oh so I have to be assessed before evaluating my situation with who I want by the oh so mighty Grayson Dolan?" she mocked jokingly.
I rolled my eyes at her and took a sip of my Coke. 
"Well we're supposed to trust each other."
"I do trust you Gray, but girls like talking to girls about girl things. You must understand that when it comes to you and Ethan. I bet there are a few things being said behind closed doors that you wouldn't be willing to tell me." 
She did have a good point.

I leaned over and grabbed her hand, waving her burrito close to my face. I took a bite and she let out a small grunt, mad that I took some of her food. I motioned my taco to her and she opened her mouth and took a bite, nodding at the taste.
She smiled, wiping sauce from her lip.
The food was quickly finished, and I turned on the engine.
"Are you getting Cam her fries?"
"I will, I just want to go somewhere first."
"Okay, where we off to?"
"Somewhere dark, and quiet."
She gave me a puzzled look and I set off, nothing more said.

____

We got to the spot, off a small deserted road at a time like this. I went here a lot alone, when I needed to be away from everything and free my mind.
I jumped out and Jade look slightly scared.
"Is this the time in the horror story where you actually were a psychopath this whole time and kill me and leave me here in the middle of nowhere?" she laughed uneasily.
"I wish." I laughed spookily and she covered her eyes with the blanket. I shut my door and walked over to her side, opening it, making her jump.
"GRAYSON! I'm scareddddd" she said cutely, peaking over the fabric at me.
"Don't be, I'm right here. C'mere." I unbuckled the belt and grabbed her waist, picking her up in my arms. 

She squealed quietly, agitated. I pulled the blanket off of her and she nuzzled into the crook of my neck, her eyes tightly closed.
"I'm lifting you onto the top of the truck, you're going to have to work with me Jade."
She nodded and loosened up, opening her eyes. 
I could only see her faint outline from the light coming from the headlights, but it helped enough to lift her up safely. She climbed on and I chucked her the blanket.
I sprung myself up with the seat in the truck as as leverage, then closed the door, key in hand. 
She was already laying on her back, staring at the sky. It was a clear night, not a single cloud in sight.
I pulled her close and she threw the blanket over both of us, snuggling up as usual.

"So, this is what you wanted to do?" she said, staring at the bright stars.
"Yeah. Just to clear our heads and talk, say stupid that pop into our heads."
"Can we make a promise?" She whispered.
"Anything." I lowered my voice, honest.
"If we are single at 30, we need to get married."
I chuckled softly, moving my hands to her hair.
"I don't know about me, but you're definitely not going to be single at 30. I'd be very fucking shocked."
"Says you, Mister 'I have millions of girls willing to get impregnated by me!!' " She teased.
She grabbed my face and I could feel her heat radiating off me in the cold air.
"So you promise?"
"Yes, I promise. Will you promise me something?"

"It's only fair."
"So you don't want to actually keep this promise, you just have  to because I agreed to yours?"
"No! I didn't mean it like that Gray shh. Just say it and stop trying to catch me out."
"Okay. Promise you'll not hide your feelings or problems from me. If you have anything you need to talk about, come to me. If you want Cam there at the same time then it's fine, but I want to know about it. I want to protect you."
"You can't protect everything Grayson, sometimes things need to be left alone. But yes, I promise I will from now on."
I nodded and squeezed her tight, making her sigh.

After talking about LA and a few plans during the week there, I checked my phone to see the time.
2:59am.
"Well we're fucked. We better get back."
She stretched, moving off of me.
"I can't be bothered getting Cam fries, she can get some herself if she's really that desperate. She probably wont even remember."
"Gray, you know she will remember, don't lie to yourself."
"But it's so lateeee I want to sleeeep!"
"Fine, but she's going to beat your ass when we wake up."
"We? Are you staying over?" I asked her,  jumping off of the top and standing with my arms up to help her down.
"I brought my stuff and left it down by the door when I came in. Would just be easier tomorrow so we're on the same page at all times. My makeup is in the bottom of my bag though so that's going to be a terrific sight in the middle of the airport of LA."
"Oh shut up, you look great with and without makeup." I corrected.
"I don't agree with that but whatever."
She jumped into my arms and I swung her round to lessen the impact before placing her down.
"Waking up in a few hours is going to be fucking shit." I groaned and rubbed my face, dreading the thought.

"Well at least we can agree on that one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 4.2K 19
in which a 19 year old girl who has a three year old child. she needed a babysitter but what she didn't know it was her ex boyfriend from three years...
1.2M 64.6K 40
in which a girl and boy are in the perfect relationship while his brother loves her from afar. what will happen when the boy gets into an accident an...
308K 10.8K 40
In which a young woman's life turns around for the better when she walks into a bar and has a connection with an older man. An Ethan Dolan...
1.6K 45 23
You start to off as best friends...