He's No Good | ✓

By xwriteratheartxo

[COMPLETED] Emma, and Lucas have been feuding for their mutual friends attention for over five years. But whe... More

He's No Good
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
He's No Saviour
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 8

38.5K 994 494
By xwriteratheartxo

Chapter 8

I'm pushed against a metal shelf, and it takes me some time to adjust to the new lighting.

Once my eyes could see some-what in the dark, I immediately spot two dark figures in the far corner of the room.

"Who the hell are you and why did you bring me in... a janitor's closet?" I finally notice my location when I see boxes of toilet paper, cleaning products and some other stuff behind both of the unknown people on the shelf.

I'm only greeted by silence. "Hello, tu parlez anglais?" I ask, irritated.

"Wow princess, you know french too?" I instantly recognize Lucas's condescending voice.

"First, yes because I went to school in Canada. It's mandatory to learn in grade 9. Second, why the fuck did you drag me in here with, who I assume is Jason."

"Oh babe, you know I love it when you talk dirty to me," he takes a step forward and gently lifts up my chin so I look into his blue eyes.

I smack his hand away from my face. "I wasn't talking dirty, stupide," I mumble the last part, but considering the large intake of breath he took, I assume he heard me.

He puts both his hands on either side of my head and leans down until he's eye level with me. "You know princess, I normally don't take it lightly when people talk to me like that," he says lowly and I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh no, I'm shaking in my boots," I exaggerate before continuing. "Now can you both tell me why I'm here so I can go home?"

"We're not done with our conversation, Emma," Lucas drawls out before taking a step back.

"I'll be here waiting, Lucas," I deadpan.

"You know what? You are the most infuriating women I have ever met! I-" Lucas starts shouting louder until Jason interrupts.

"Enough! Both of you. For once, can you not behave like children?" Jason's angry voice booms through the small storage room.

I widen my eyes slightly. It's not everyday you hear Jason Valentine yell.

I think the last time I really heard him yell was when we were all in grade 6. All three of us went to the park and Lucas purposely pushed me off my swing, causing me to sprain my ankle.

Jason yelled so loud security had to take him out of my room when we were at the hospital. 

Coming back to reality, I stare at Jason. "What is it Jason? Why am I here?" I ask softly, although he doesn't deserve my tone. Considering all the pain he put me through almost a year ago, I should try to sound a little more angry.

"And can we turn on the lights?" I quickly add.

Someone grunts, who I assume is from Lucas. Soon enough, the room is encased with light and I squint my eyes.

When my eyes finally adjust, I stare at Jason warily. "Is everything okay?" I ask when I notice his distressed expression.

Jason cuts off eye contact with me and shuts his eyes tightly. "Yeah, it's just..." Jason stops speaking and opens his eyes so his chocolate brown eyes meet my blue ones once again.

"It's..." He clenches his jaw and looks away.

I widen my eyes. Are they gonna tell me I'm a witch? Wasn't it bad enough I had to hear it before?

Lucas's annoyed groan brings me to look at him, only to see his attention on Jason. "Jesus Jase, any slower?" He looks back at me, and takes a step forward. "You're a witch, princess."

I blink at him for a solid 30 seconds before laughing. Which I then do for a whole minute.

"Am I missing something..." I hear in between my laughter.

"Emma," I instantly recognize Lucas's voice, which is filled with annoyance.

I quickly calm myself down, and pretend to swipe a non-exist tear away from my eye. "Sorry, but I don't believe you. I don't know why you're bothering to mention it again. I already heard the conversation on Saturday," I state.

Jason furrows his eyebrows, and Lucas glares at me. "What conversation?" Lucas asks, interrupts whatever Jason had to say.

I meet his glare head on. "What you were saying in the guest room? About Jessica? About the whole witch theory? I heard it. And I don't believe it for one second."

"Dammit," I hear Jason mutter behind Lucas. Suddenly Jason is right in front of me, with Lucas hovering behind him.

"Emma... It's true," he whispers and I scoff in disbelief. "I'm serious!" He drags his hand down his face before continuing. "We have 3 different sets of powers."

I raise my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue. He gets the sign and drops his shoulders. "The 3 T's. Telekinesis, Telepathy and Teleportation."

Lucas pushes Jason to the side so they're both side by side, and continues for him. "Telekinesis is most common, because it's easier to access. Telepathy... Well, not so much. It's more difficult to get a hold on it. Even if you were able to access it, you have to be close to the objective person. Teleportation is a little more easier, and common."

"Almost everyone can excel in only one T, but," Lucas looks at Jason and grins. "We're pretty awesome."

I cross my arms. "Why should I even believe a word coming out of your mouths? You're not exactly the most honest people," I explain.

Lucas steps up so he's even closer to me. He brings his hand up. "Give me your cell phone."

"What? No!" I shriek.

He rolls his eyes at my behaviour and explains. "I'm gonna give you an example. Hand it over."

I hesitantly reach for my phone, which is in my front pocket in my bag. "Here," I mumble as I put my phone in his hand.

Our fingers brush, and my eyes shoot up to look at him.

He stares at me blankly, however behind all of his exterior, I see more.

I always had.

He looks away quickly, and turns his head so he's looking at the ground. Seconds laters he marches to the other side of the room and puts my phone down on the upper shelf.

He takes long steps to get back to me and once he does, he faces the shelf and opens his hand.

In a matter of seconds, my phone is being flown to Lucas's hand.

I widen my eyes, and look at my phone - which is now in his hand - and where he put it before.

"I-I... What?"

My wide eyes stare at Lucas, and he slowly turns back to face me. He hands over my phone and I grab it slowly.

"H-How? How did you find out? How do you know I'm one?" A million questions start pouring out, and I don't know how to stop it.

"Emma," someones warm hand touches my upper arm, and I look up to see Jason, worry written all over his face.

"How did you find out?" I say a little louder and clearer.

Jason sighs and rubs his temple. "It's... a long story."

flashback - Jason's POV

The cool breeze follows me inside the house when I open the door.

I just came home from going to the mall with Lucas. Emma's birthday is on March 6th, which is only a week and a half away, so I started searching for a good gift to give her.

When I went to Vancouver last year for her 15th birthday, she didn't appreciate the series collection of Scream - although it's her favourite classic horror movie - and she threw the Scream 2 DVD box at my face.

I smile as I shut the door, remembering how I made it up to her. A dozen of red velvet cupcakes from their local bakery.

I hear my mom in the kitchen, and I begin walking to her to say hi until I hear what she's talking about. "Does Emma know yet?"

I stop my moving, and take a peek inside the kitchen. I find no one other than mom there, except a phone on the counter right next to her. "No... I told you, I'll tell her when she's ready."

I instantly recognize Emma's mom's voice.

"Amanda you can't hide this from her!" Mom growls as she's cutting the carrots into slices.

"Oh don't be a hypocrite Daniella!" Her voice booms from the cell phone.

"I'm not! Well... Maybe I am, but I'll be telling him soon! Trust me, It'll be sooner than you."

"Well I'm sorry, but the divorce hit her really hard, and just casually saying she's a witch will make the situation worse. I need to be a good mother for her," I hear her sniffle through the phone call.

I widen my eyes and take a step back. Witches are real? Emma's a witch? What the-

"You should still tell her. She deserves to know," mom deadpans.

"Fine! I'll tell her if you tell Jason," she negotiates.

I widen my eyes further. I'm a witch too?

I look down at my hands, and refuse to believe whatever they're talking about.

"I'm not telling him! Not yet anyway," she mumbles the last bit.

"Then I'm not telling Emma!"

Seconds pass before mom responds. "Does Jessica know?"

"Yes... She does. But I've sworn her to secrecy. Which she isn't necessarily happy about."

"What have you gotten yourself into Mandy?" Moms disappointment rings through the room.

"I-I know. I have it all planned out though. I'm telling Emma on her 17th birthday."

Mom probably assumes that she's not finished talking so she keeps quiet. "Listen Danny... I need to ask a big favour from you."

Worried about how serious she sounds, mom stops cutting the vegetable and stares at the phone worriedly. "What is it hon?"

"I-I need Jason to stop speaking to Emma," I widen my eyes.

Mom stays silent, and I watch as her grip on the knife she's holding tightens. "What?" She says in a low voice, almost like a growl.

"I know, it's a lot to ask, but you need to understand. Emma's unstable. She can't control her powers and it's getting harder to hide it from her," she pleads through the phone.

"And what does this have to do with my Jason?" Mom says straight-faced.

"Them being apart... Has an affect on her. And her emotions are getting the best of her. When she's upset, she starts teleporting objects around the house. Not to mention how just yesterday she was using telekinesis to keep the bowl of fruits up mid-air! I don't know what to do. I think some distance between them will be best," she explains.

"So you think him cutting ties with Emma won't make her more upset than she naturally is? Are you insane?"

Mom keeps explaining why it's a wrong idea but I zone out, unable to pay attention.

If Emma's mom truly believes she's in danger from being caught, I have to do something.

I clench my jaw, already regretting what I'm about to do.

End of flashback

Emma's P.O.V

I blink away my tears.

Jason sees my hesitation, and pulls me into a tight hug. I choke back on a sob, and keep my hands down until I finally wrap my arms around his neck.

"Shush... don't cry Emma. I'm so sorry," he mumbles into my neck.

I nod slowly, tightening my hold on him. "It's... okay."

Pushing him back slightly, I wipe the tears that escaped my eyes. "Does my dad know?" I ask.

Jason furrows his eyebrows and shrugs. "Not that I'm aware of."

Maybe that's why mom and dad got a divorce? He found out she was hiding it.

I clear my throat and look at Lucas, who was actually silent through the whole story.

Something that looks similar to guilt flashes in his eyes before he clenches his jaw and looks towards the exit.

I release a shaky breath and look back at Jason. "I'm gonna go home. I need time to think through this more clearly."

As I'm heading towards the door, Jason wraps his hand on my arm. "Do you need a ride?"

I send him a small smile, and decline. "I need to walk. It'll help me clear my head," I explain.

He nods in understanding and I cast one last look at Lucas before heading out.

I arrive home soon after, still thinking about everything that happened back at school.

There was no signs. None. While we were in Vancouver, I was clueless to the whole thing.

I decide to walk to the kitchen. I needed food.

Eating helps me get a clear head.

Opening the fridge, I stare at the half-empty cartoon of orange juice.

I furrow my eyebrows and pick it up, suddenly remembering what my dad said when he brought me back to Berkeley.

The funeral was a couple of days ago in Vancouver, and we're having another one back in our home town for those people who wanna say goodbye.

Walking downstairs in my black dress, I walk to the kitchen and open the fridge.

I spot a full cartoon of orange juice and I pick it up slowly.

"Your mom told me you loved orange juice with no pulp when you were in Vancouver. So I bought it when I went grocery shopping this morning," I hear a voice behind me and I swallow a startled gasp.

Turning around, I find my dad beside the counter. "I poured you a glass already," he sends me a small smile and lifts the cup.

Oh God. He knew this whole time.

Whatever he's pouring in the orange juice must have been something to keep my... powers under lock and key.

Just as I'm about to unscrew the cap to pour the drink in the sink, I hear rustling coming from the backyard.

Putting the cartoon on the counter, I take slow steps to the window. I look around the whole backyard, twice, not being able to find the source of where the noise was coming from.

Freaky.

I go to bed early that day but don't fall asleep until much later.

The next thing I know, I slowly flutter my eyes open, noticing that the sun is fully up.

I squint my eyes and stare at the clock on my bedside table only to shriek.

It's 10: 46am.

I throw the blanket off my body and run to the bathroom.

Minutes later, I'm out, putting my brushed hair into a ponytail. I rush to my dresser and pull out grey sweats and a black t-shirt.

Once I've put on deodorant and perfume, I put on socks and run down the stairs.

I get out of the house in less than 20 minutes with a piece of a cold pancake hanging out of my mouth.

I get to school in 15 minutes, right when the lunch bell rings. I immediately groan. I missed Calculus and English.

I walk into school and make my way to the cafeteria to tell the girls what happened, until my face hits a hard chest.

I take a step back and get dizzy. Thankfully the strange guy has fast reflects and holds me in place. "I think I broke my nose," I mumble as I rub my hand on my nose, scrunching my nose in the process.

"Sunshine, you okay?" A familiar voice asks.

I look up and immediately recognize the guy who almost got his ass kicked by Lucas.

Staring into his blue eyes, I grin. "Why hello there."

Adam looks down to look at me and smiles, however it disappears when he looks at my nose again. "Are you okay?" He asks again.

I touch my nose slightly, and it hurts a little but it's bearable.

"It's fine, don't worry," I calmly say before I continue. "And did you call me Sunshine?" I stifle my giggle.

He grins widely. "Yes, yes I did."

I smile, but send him a confused look. "What are you doing here, Adam?"

Adam looks behind him then back at me. "I enrolled here. It took Guidance 2 weeks to finally set my schedule, but here I am," he grins.

"But shouldn't you start Monday?" I raise a eyebrow, trying to hide my smile.

He grins wider when he sees me trying to hide a smile. "What can I say, I'm eager to learn."

I look to the side and find a bench. Looking back, I tilt my head to that direction. "Wanna sit?"

He grin transforms into a smirk and nods.

We talk for a little more until I hear someone clear their throat.

Looking away from Adam, I drag my eyes up until they connect to a furious looking Lucas.

"Leave," Lucas asks - no, demands.

Adam and Lucas stare at each other silently, like they're talking through their eyes. Moments later, Adam looks at me and grins. "I'll see you later Sunshine."

Then he's off.

I look back up so Lucas and I stare at each other until I suddenly begin to feel my cheeks heat up, so I look down to the floor.

The other side of the bench goes down slightly, meaning he took a seat.

Silence is passes between us for a couple of minutes before he finally says something. "Are you okay?" He asks softly.

My eyes widen and I look at Lucas. "Why do you even care?" I say as a reflex.

Lucas simply shrugs. "You found out about a lot of shocking things yesterday. Thought I should ask."

I look down and keep silent for a little longer before I look at him again. "I want to tell you something."

He furrowed his eyebrows and nods, telling me to continue. "I think my father has been drugging me," I spit out fast.

I take a deep breath, and stare into Lucas's wide eyes. "I was gonna tell you both at the same time, but you're here and I can't hold it in any longer."

"He's been putting something in my orange juice every since morning since I moved back," I rub my forehead.

Lucas stays silent so I continue. "I saw him pour something in the glass on Friday, and since then I've been avoiding to drink it. I think it's doing something to... you know... my powers," I whisper the last part.

"Something to deactivate magic? I've never heard of something that can do that. It must be something in the drink itself mixed with something else," Lucas whispers more to himself then to me.

Lucas thinks to himself, and suddenly looks up at me. "How long have you not been drinking it?"

"Since Friday. I think it was the 17th. Why?" I ask, wanting to know why he looks slightly afraid.

"You're gonna get your magic any day now."

I'm writing this on Google Docs because Wattpad does not want to work for me today.

But I finished! I'm also tired so...

I'll see all you lovelies in the next chapter xx

Love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123 19 11
After the heartbreaking passing of her grandma, Hannah's summer takes a surprising turn. From watching her long time crush, Jason, and her best frien...
33.5K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
32.5K 2.1K 29
♡ Featured on Stories Undiscovered ♡ ♡ Featured on Teen Fiction ♡ "All it took was one smile, that damned smile, and I found myself falling in love w...