His Weapon - Book 1 [Z.M]

By KiinggT

WARNING: This contains mature content such as sex, violence and bad language. Please don't read if you're und... More

Author's Note
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
Not An Update (Please Read)
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
Epilogue
The Sequel
Excerpt from His Undoing

VII

5.4K 191 84
By KiinggT

Trust your body
It reacts to right and wrong
Better than your mind does
- Rupi Kaur
It is speaking for you

It's been a month since I've been working at the sunset pub. Honestly speaking, my pay is really good. I have a feeling that it's not what everyone else receives but I can't complain.
Nicholas hasn't backed down either. He's always hitting on me and if I'm to be sincere— we might have made out in his office once. It was a moment of weakness but I've never let it happen again. I avoid being alone with him and even when he calls for me I don't go.
It's risky ignoring him but it's riskier having anything to do with him. Bartending is giving me more money than I ever imagined so the last thing I want is for a short-lived fling to get in the way.

I know his type— they fuck you and leave you. Unfortunately, it will never happen because I refuse to do the walk of shame at work.
No dick is worth my mother's health.
"I'm serious, Princess, he's really mad this time," Lucas informed me as he poured a drink for an impatient customer.
"There you go handsome."
I slid a drink over to an old man, shamelessly flirting. The more you flirt, the bigger the tip. I couldn't have been any happier when I heard that whatever tip you get, you keep. That wasn't a privilege I enjoyed at other crappy jobs I've had in the past.
The well-dressed man gave me a bright smile, totally melting my heart. He was very attractive, even in his old age.
"How mad?"
I questioned, facing Lucas who was mixing a drink. He sighed frustratedly.
"Look! The kind of mad that says you can lose your job if you don't move your ass over there instantly."
There was no escaping this one because I need this job more than my life. Due to it, mum's bills are being paid for and debts have been covered— The tips are ridiculously high.

Heck, I got a $300 tip just an hour ago and believe me when I say that isn't the highest I've received. Everyone that comes here is rotten rich and free handed— to me at least.
I dramatically sighed which caused Lucas to chortle.
"Can you handle it?" I signalled towards the waiting customers and he rolled his eyes.
"I did for a month before you came. Stop looking for excuses," I scoffed. May God help me then.
The walk towards his office felt like a walk into temptation. I've never been emotionally attached to anyone except Zayn so I wasn't scared of that happening but I was indeed scared of a moment of weakness and how badly it could turn out.
I admit I want love, but my heart always tells me otherwise when a man glances my way. I was convinced that I was unable to feel until I met Zayn. Everything made sense before him, everything I experienced and saw with my eyes had always been my reason and explanation.

With a fidgety hand, I knocked, waiting patiently as I already didn't want to go in.
"Come in!" His voice beamed through. My intestines twisted like angry rats were trying to scratch their way out.
Slowly, I pressed down the doorknob, coming face to face with a stern looking Nicholas. His face was void of any expression. He stared at me blankly, his elbow resting on his table— his fingers interlocked.
I closed the door behind me, biting my upper lip nervously. His eyes remained on me as I walked, trying to act normal like I wasn't avoiding my boss.
"Yeah?"
I had no idea how to break the silence because he wasn't talking either.
"Sit!" He commanded which caused me to gulp nervously, seeing a side of him I don't like to see. He was wearing a casual outfit, as usual, a black polo t-shirt with the logo being red, it's always a different colour. I couldn't see his lower body but I knew it was black jeans, black must be his favourite colour.
"You've been avoiding me."
He said like it was a cue for my explanation.
"No, I haven't," I lied.
"That's bullshit and you know it."
He rose to his feet, rendering my reply a stupid one. The air in the room immediately felt stale as he walked towards me. Describing him as handsome is an understatement so my discomfort was understandable.
He walked behind me, building my anticipation. I chewed on my lip as I fought the urge to turn around.
I yelped when my chair was pulled back swiftly. It caught me off guard. Within seconds he was before me, leaning against the table.

My breath hitched when he leaned towards me, his lips inches away from mine. His cologne invaded my nostril, destroying my senses.

There's nothing sexier than a man that smells heavenly.

His eyes never left mine once and I felt my chair being pulled towards him but I didn't flinch this time.
"Why have you been avoiding me?"
He asked, straightening himself so he wasn't all up in my face anymore. I swallowed hard, unable to speak with how he was looking at me.
This man makes me feel wanted, something I'd do anything to feel from Zayn.
"I've just been busy," I mentally slapped myself when the words left my mouth. Seriously?

He chuckled, causing me to smile at the fact that the Nicholas I know was back. A month of working here has given me a glimpse of the Nicholas everyone is terrified of. He can be very strict and heartless with his employees when they give him a reason to be. The words that leave his mouth can be very hurtful— a totally different person.
     "I can give you a less busy job then."
He played along with my stupidity— squatting down so he was closer to me.
     "No thank you, I like the one I have."
There was some form of seriousness to what he was saying so I instantly shut it down.
     "You're acting differently with me Muna."
He frowned. I knew exactly what he meant but boundaries needed to be set and I wasn't going to jeopardise anything.
     "You're my boss Nicholas, it's meant to be this way."
I defended myself which only caused his frown to deepen.
     "Is it because of the kiss?" He asked hesitantly. "—or because of Lucas?" He added which caused me to widen my eyes. Did he actually think something was going on between Lucas and me?
     I get where he could be coming from. I appear to be uptight and grumpy to people who don't know me but when I open up to someone, I can be very loud, flirtatious, free and everything in between and Lucas and I have gotten really close— They wouldn't understand.
     "What? no," I stifled a laugh. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
     "You're lying," He accused sternly, causing me to sober up.
     "I'm not, he isn't my type."
I said seriously, trying to convince him but it didn't look like it was working.
     "Good cause I would've fired him this instant."
     He said simply, rising to his feet. My mouth was hung open— I couldn't believe my ears. I blinked several times. Does he think he owns me or something?
     "You are kidding right?"
     "No baby girl, I don't like to share what's mine."
He replied, unaffected by my shock. His eyes locked on my exposed breast. Slowly he bit his lips before bringing his eyes back to mine.

     It was such a turn on. I'm sick.
     "Don't objectify me!"
I snapped, thoughts of Zayn clouded my mind which sparked a flame within me. All those times he acted like he owned me. It would've felt better to hear it, to know he cared but nothing. It has led me to hate that word because it was something I could never hear from his lips.
     Nicholas smirked, taking me by surprise. It was the sexiest smirk I had ever seen but I doubt it could be better than Zayn's.
     "Ugh," He groaned, kneeling down before me.
     "Who the fuck are you?"
His question caught me off guard. However, it wasn't a rude or insulting one— it came across as more of a confusion and frustration.
     I remained silent, staring right back at him. Both of his hands made their way to my thighs, parting them to situate himself better. This caused thoughts of Zayn to pop into my mind and memories of our last night to torment me.
     I jolted back like lightning, unable to control myself beforehand. The shock was written all over his face, his eyes were wide. I Probably scared him.

My heartbeat wasn't helping either, almost as though I was suffocating. Sudden fear had taken over me for some reason, the fear of belonging to anyone else but Zayn.
     Nicholas recovered quickly, standing to his feet and walking back to his seat. Hurt was evident in his eyes.
     "I'm sorry," I apologised quickly, genuinely regretful for my dramatic act.
     He forced a smile but his frustration couldn't be hidden.
     "Do you mind accompanying me to an event tonight?"
He asked with hopeful eyes. I couldn't possibly be hearing him right. An event? Never. Even if I wanted to I couldn't. I had never been to any one of those until I met Zayn and I was going to leave it at that. Those gatherings aren't my scene even though I had gotten a tad bit used to them. Besides I don't own a single outfit that's worthy for such an occasion— everything Zayn bought for me, I had left behind.
His new bitch can have it.
     "I don't thi—"
     "Come on Muna," He beseeched with pleading eyes.
     "I can't honestly, I have nothing to wear besides I'm still working and won't be finished till later."

He smiled devilishly which caught me by surprise. There was definitely something running through his mind that wasn't in my favour, I could feel it.
     "I'm the boss Muna, you do know that right?"
His voice was dripping with amusement. I rolled my eyes, I sometimes forget this obvious detail. How dumb can I be? Of course, he could easily relieve me of my duties if he wanted to.
     "So? I really need the money and not to be rude, I won't trade that for a few hours of some event."
     His smile only broadened which I'd have to admit was my weakness. I still can't get over how gorgeous this man is.
     "I'd pay you for the time spent away, plus a really good tip."
He negotiated which caused me to burst into laughter. Was he being serious?
     "Are you crazy? Pay me to tag along? I couldn't."
I said between laughs which caused him to frown.
     "What's wrong with that?"
It was a tempting offer, just thinking about how much he would tip me, but I couldn't. Nicholas even being my boss is someone I consider as somewhat a friend and there was no way in hell I'd charge him for my company.
     "Are you listening to yourself? If anything, I'd go because I want to and not because you're paying me to."
I stated firmly. What he was suggesting is exactly what Zayn and I had going on and I detested it.
     "You are something else."
He eyed me seductively which caused me to clear my throat.
     "I'd go," I have no idea where that came from but I wanted to. He has been so nice to me and I wanted to do something for him for once— not as an employee but as a friend.

His eyes widened but were quickly masked by a smile which melted my heart yet again.
     He watched me with so much want and hunger in his eyes.
Damn. I need holy water.
     "You won't regret it," He said. His words held a promising tone to it that made me feel like I had fallen into a trap but I smiled either way.
It better be a good trap.
     "I'd pick you up at nine."
He informed me as I was walking out. I still had about two hours before nine so I could grab a dress and glam myself up.

Lucas looked terrified when I told him I was leaving.
     "Fuck he fired You? I'd talk to him right now."
I could literally see the veins in his eyes pop. If only he knew Nicholas wanted to fire him because of me. Phew.
     "You can't get rid of me easily bud."
I patted his shoulder, earning a sigh of relief from him. He's the only male friend I've ever had— the rest were always just trying to get into my pants.
     I explained to him that I was done for the night because of reasons that were none of his business. He scoffed which caused me to chuckle. Kristen was sending daggers my way from the small receptionist booth but I ignored her.

Without wasting time, I walked towards an elegant boutique that I always happen to pass by. It looked expensive as hell but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make.
     A gorgeous blonde woman walked up to me immediately when I entered.
     "You must be Muna."
She said with a smile which caused me to furrow my brows in confusion. It was creepy that she knew my name.
     "Oh sorry, Mr Thompson told me you'd be stopping by, that's how I know who you are."
She explained, probably catching on to how distraught I was.
     This, however, didn't soothe me or explain much but I knew the sick and twisted game he was playing.
     "Yes, I am."
I finally spoke up, allowing her to drag me further into the eye-popping worthy boutique.

Turned out that she had already lined up a few dresses for me. According to Nicholas, those would qualify for the event in which we were attending— I wasn't pleased with how things were turning out but I overlooked it, planning to put him in his place later.
     I didn't have much time on my side so I settled for a gold dress. It was very simple but also really sexy and elegant. It had a deep cut in the front that exposed the skin of my breast. What I liked about it was the fact that it was satin and well fitting— not tight and not loose either.
     There was also a long spilt on the left side that came all the way up, stopping at my hip bone and the back was left open for everyone to see.
     I take back what I said, it was anything but a simple dress.
     Caroline smiled brightly when I handed my pick to her. "This is my favorite," She chirped, unable to hide her excitement which brought a smile to my face. She's very beautiful and what I liked most about her was her friendliness.
     She led me to the counter, handing my dress over to a girl who had a frown on her face— I couldn't even be bothered.

I had forgotten to ask for the price and was just biting my bottom lip in hopes that it didn't cost an arm and a leg. The last thing I wanted was a black hole in my bank account.
     "Here love," Caroline handed me the dress with a smile on her face. She's so adorable.
     "Thank you. How much will that be?"
I asked, reaching for my wallet.
     "It has already been paid for."
She furrowed her brows in confusion. My face contracted into a deep frown but I masked it quickly.
That bastard.
Standing— I contemplated for what seemed like hours. I hated the fact that he thought it was okay to go ahead and pay for my dress. What even confused me more was how he knew I'd be coming to this particular boutique.
     I saw on the desk saying there was a no refund policy so I didn't push it any further. I thanked her and walked away, making up my mind to pay him back whether he liked it or not.

     "You're back early," Cheryl muttered when I walked through the front door.
     "Hello to you too."
I chuckled. She was dressed in my pyjamas with a bowl of popcorn in her hand as she sat on the couch.
     My reply caused her to roll her eyes which instantly fell on the bag I had in my hand.
     "What's in there?"
She questioned and it was my turn to roll my eyes.
     Her dramatic personality quickly surfaced when I explained everything to her. From Nick asking me out to the turn of events at the boutique.
     "He totally wants to fuck you."
She laughed and I joined in shortly after. She was right, that's all they ever want but I wasn't going to let it happen and besides I don't feel like that's the only thing Nicholas wants.
     "Help me get dressed would you?"
     "You don't even have to ask, mama is going to glam the hell out of you."
She followed me into my room.
     I had already taken a shower before leaving for work so I just got ready with the help of Cheryl. She did my makeup, something I'm totally incapable of doing to perfection.
     Her mouth dropped open when I wore my dress.
     "Oh my God. You look so beautiful."
She brought her hands to her mouth— exaggerating. It was the first time she was blatantly complimenting me in soo long so it felt weird.
     "Yeah. Shut up!"
I joked and she chuckled. My hair was held up in a loose bun— giving my tattoo behind my neck the spotlight.

The good jewellery that I had invested in months ago to pawn in case of emergency came in handy.
     I wore my triangular grade A matching set diamond jewellery, making me look like a rich woman— something I'm not. Fortunately, I had a rose goldish sequence clutch that matches my outfit like it was made for it.
     I was done getting ready just on time. The bell rang, causing Cheryl to widen her eyes.
     "He's here, hurry up!"
She said excitedly, like a schoolgirl.
     "You know those events are boring right?"
I asked— They are extremely boring especially when you don't know anyone there.
     "Just go already," She muttered.
I left the room telling her bye but she muttered a 'fuck you'— typical.
     I opened the door, coming face to face with a very well dressed Nicholas. He smiled his signature smile that had me smiling back instantly. His eyes raked over my body with a pleasing look.
     "You look like a goddess."
He complimented.
     "You don't look so bad yourself."
I returned the compliment.
     He led me towards a black limousine, my hand in his and his coat around me. It was my first time seeing him dress so elegantly and it was a torture. He resembled a Greek god— literally.

The car ride was silent with his eyes glued to me. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face until I remembered the incident at the boutique and frowned.
     "Are you okay?"
He asked, concerned about his features. I loved the fact that he could tell something was bothering me. It was something Zayn never caught on to and even if he did— he never asked.
That alone caused me to smile.
     "How did you know which boutique I was going to go to?" I asked.
     "I didn't, I just called all the nearby boutiques to inform them that you might come."
He explained, bringing his hand to rest on my thigh.
     "That's so kind of you but keep in mind that I'm going to pay you back."
     "It was just a thank you present Muna, you don't have to pay me back and you definitely don't have to feel like I want something in return."
     He pulled his hand away, getting his point across.
     "Look I just don't like the—"
     "—Listen Muna! I really like You, I'm sure you already know that. But that doesn't mean that I'm trying to get into your pants, it would be nice to fuck you of course but that's not why, that's not my motive."
     He said firmly, cutting me off. Even though I never thought of it in such a manner— it could have been the reason for my discomfort so hearing those words from him made me relax a little bit.
I eyed him for a few seconds and nodded, unable to speak.
     "Good," He smiled and turned away.
Shortly after, the car pulled to a stop before a mansion. Several people in elegant dresses were making their way in. Paparazzi were scattered everywhere. I felt nervous all of a sudden.
     I wasn't with Zayn this time— he was my strength for overcoming these huge crowds. With him by my side, it always felt like it was just us two.
     "You'd be fine Muna."
Nicholas whispered, noticing how nervous I had become. Those were the exact words Zayn told me every time we were at an event. It made me feel like something was missing— like I was with the wrong person.

I smiled with a nod. We exited the limousine, gaining the attention of the paparazzi. Flashes began to go off, blinding me. Nicholas reached for my hand— interlocked our fingers and pulled me closer.
     "Nice tattoo."
He whispered. A smile made its way into my face even though I had no idea which one he was talking about.
     His finger ghosted over my exposed back, trailing down and I knew which one he meant. My most intimate tattoo. It held so much meaning to me but I never told anyone what I meant.
     'You. . .'
     "You?"
He asked as he guided me towards the entrance. It was at the left side of my back, at my waist— very small so I wondered how he could've seen exactly what it was.
     "Thank you."
I smiled, looking straight ahead so he wouldn't ask what it meant.
     There weren't as many people as I had expected. I quickly concluded that it was a small scale event, probably for only friends and family.
     People were standing in small groups with champagne in their hands and catching up with each other.
     Nicholas stopped to greet a few people here and there, introducing me as a friend which I was satisfied with. Everyone seemed to know each other and I felt like the only white and black in a colourful world because some eyes kept glancing at me questionably.
     It wasn't as bad as I thought. The champagne was great and some people were very friendly and didn't snub me. Nicholas didn't leave my side even for a second— everywhere he went he pulled me along like he was proud of having me by his side.
     "Nico?"
A voice sounded behind us which caused me to stiffen.

     Fuck.

It was a voice I knew all too well— a voice I had imprinted in my mind against my will. I should have known— how could I have been this stupid? Of course, he'd attend if it were an event for the rich and mighty.
     Nicholas turned around, instantly pulling him in for a hug while I remained rooted with my back facing them. I was thinking of ways in which I could make a run for it.
     With no way out, I turned to face them. There was a gorgeous blonde next to him which caused my heart to stop instantly. He was engrossed in his conversation with Nicholas that he hadn't noticed me yet but immediately his eyes landed on me— everything stopped. . .

Please vote • comment • share

•Princess T•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1M 366K 92
If dish soap, rutabagas, and firecrackers aren't an essential part of your zombie apocalypse kit, you better grab them now! Season 1 of The Virus Wit...
89.9M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
259K 11.6K 44
When Americans turn 20, they become immortal- if they can afford it. Ilana is ready for her birthday so that she can become immortal and enjoy a wor...
52.6M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...