Through It All, Your Ferret ~...

By IRiSEaGLeS

COMPLETE. MATURE THEMES! Not recommended for those under 18! Hermione Granger has been elected Minister of Ma... More

Chapter 1: That Was Some Kiss, Granger
Chapter 2 Go for It
Chapter 3 My Dearest and Most Beautiful
Chapter 4 What My Life Has Become
Chapter 5 I Brought Dessert. And Wine
Chapter 6 Now About Tonight
Chapter 7 I Need a Programmable Coffee Maker
Chapter 8 Beds Empty. No Coffee
Chapter 9 A Drug I Crave
Chapter 10 It's Only Monday
Chapter 11 Let Him Be Your Person *
Chapter 12 I'm Sending Her a Fruit Basket
Chapter 13 Hell, All My Plans Have Gone South
Chapter 14 I Appoint You Temporary Minister
Chapter 15 I'm Wearing Sexy Lingerie Just for You *
Chapter 16 Add Nine Months
Chapter 17 Totally Innocent*
Chapter 18 I Think the Kids Are Awake
Chapter 19 It's Okay to be Scared
Chapter 20 Ron Knows*
Chapter 21 She's A Bloody Banshee
Chapter 22 May I Have the Honors
Chapter 23 This Can Be A Fair Trade
Chapter 24 He's a Survivor, Scorpius
Chapter 25 Forgiveness Frees You
Chapter 26 We're Already in Therapy*
Chapter 27: Any Little Malfoys
Chapter 28 We Are Healing Together
Chapter 29 Hermione Granger, Minister Extraordinaire
Chapter 30 Out Post Sex Talks
Chapter 31 I Hate to Impose
Chapter 32 What Just Happened
Chapter 33 *******I Love You Draco **********
Chapter 35 It Feels Like Second Year All Over Again*
Chapter 36 What Harry Said
Chapter 37 Like an Infant
Chapter 38 Lay Next to Me
Chapter 39 Does the Girl Have a Red-Head Death-Wish
Chapter 40 Coffee or Champagne?

Chapter 34 Rest Baby, I'm Here*

3K 70 36
By IRiSEaGLeS

If you survived the previous chapter, this still will be hard but easier than that. TRIGGER!
T-R-I-Double G-ER Warning!

It was some time before his bonds were broken, yet the instant they were he was at my side. "Hold on love, I'll get Potter. I'll take you to St Mungo's, just please stay with me."

I heard him cast a patronus, after a few tries it must have worked. All I could feel is his body next to mine and his tears falling like rain. I closed my eyes to try and dissipate the pain, praying to whatever deity will listen to make it stop. I feel something warm wrap around me and hear his broken voice call out to the magical hospital I was just released from not so very long ago.

"I have the Minister, I need some help," he called out and I hear a flurry of movement and unknown voices before my senses fail me.

I don't know how much time has passed as I only allow a miniscule amount of my senses to return. I don't want to know who or what is seeing me. I don't want to deal with the physical pain. Out of the recesses of my psyche, I only allow my hearing to return.

That was painful enough.

I hear the tears of those I love, the prays that I survive this. I heard the healers talk about how this was much worse than if I had 'just' been subjected to an unforgivable curse. This was so much worse. They didn't know if I would make it physically, and even if I did if I would be anything like the person I was.

I felt Draco's presence continuously. I heard his voice whispering how he loved me and how immensely strong I am. He pleaded with me to come back to him, so that he could see the light in my eyes one last time, to taste my kiss again, to hear me say his name just once more.

The one morning I awoke my sense of hearing there was something I never expected to hear come from an unknown voice.

"Mr Malfoy, I know you're not the spouse but I also have heard that her spouse and she are estranged."

He mumbled, "That is correct."

"I suppose you should be the one to hear this then. Mrs Weasley is pregnant."

"How far along is she?"

"Only a matter of days sir."

"Fuck," I hear him curse. "Excuse me, but we need Potter to hear this also."

"Mister or Missus?"

"Harry. Please." I hear the door open and close. "Baby, I need you. I need you to wake up. I need your help baby. I don't want to do this alone. I can't do this alone. You're too much a part of me. Please come back to me. I love you." His tears drag me out of my hiding space a moment. I feel my eyes open, but I don't focus on anything. "Thank you baby. That is a good start. At least I know you hear me." I feel the sensation of his lips on mine and it warms me. Then the shooting pain causes my body to convulse. "I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry." He sighs, "I wish you could tell me what to do. What helps and what hurts." I hear a chuckle, "Fine, I get it. Everything fucking hurts. But we are trying to get you better. The healers are optimistic."

"Malfoy," I hear Harry's voice, "what the hell? Her eyes are open!" what was anger in his voice changed to the sound that emanated when Voldemort was defeated, a pained joy. "That's amazing. Hermione, can you hear me?" I can feel his body trembling in hopeful excitement. I wonder how long I've been here in this state.

"She's not responding, but I'm pretty sure she can hear us," even his voice is hopeful. "But there is a complication that I need you to hear. I don't think I can do this alone."

The voice of the healer, I assume, returns. "So Mr Malfoy, Mr Potter. I wouldn't call it a complication but it isn't something that will help in her healing. You see, Mrs Weasley is pregnant."

"Draco," I hear Harry breath questioning.

"I don't think they can tell. Can you tell who the father is Healer Fulton?"

"Well it all depends. There is the time frame window, we can run a paternity test later on."

I hear Draco sigh, "The thing is, she and I had sex the night before this. Just a few hours before. And my father was the one that attacked her."

"Mr Malfoy, in that case there would be no way to tell the parentage of the child. No matter how far along she was," the healer says in a resigned tone.

I feel his breath on me, "Baby, what the hell should I do? This could be our baby. Or it could be that monster's. I need you here. I can't make this choice alone."

"Fuck," Harry says morosely. "I think we need Ginny's input too. Draco, I'm sorry mate. I couldn't imagine anything worse than what the two of you went through, but now this? I'm so sorry."

"Tell Ginny. You're right Potter, we need a woman's input." I hear the door again not knowing who comes and goes. "What have you missed? Let's see. Weasel tried to kill me, more than once. Everyone has decided he needs to be somewhere near Antartica to cool his arse off. Harry gave me a new version of hell for allowing you out of the Manor in the first place. I'm just grateful to have all my fingers, toes, and well parts." I can tell he's trying to cheer me up, the tone is all too familiar. His strained chuckle comes out, "The whole Weasley clan is here, camped outside your room. I don't think we're ever going to be rid of them. But they're growing on me. George is a good guy. I've learned to stay away from Bill when it's that time of the month. Charlie just fucks with my head for the fun of it I think; mentioning that ferrets are Ukrainian Ironbelly's favorite treat." I hear him sigh, "Ginny's terrified. She really is afraid of losing the one sister she really wants out of the lot of you. Her brothers and Harry have had to physically restrain her a few times. But let's look at the positives: you're practically healed up. There are almost no scars. Fuck what my father said, you'll be able to enjoy sex for the next millenia if you want. There cuts on your legs and back, they will heal. Thank goodness he didn't have my crazy aunt's magical dagger, just some old kitchen blade. Oh I'm buying us a new dining set. Something not black I'm thinking. Maybe glass. Anyways," he breathes deeply again and I feel a warm, fresh tear fall onto my shoulder, "you get better. You're bright enough and stubborn enough that I know you can do it if you want. And I want you to. Rose and Hugo, Merlin, please don't leave them with Ronald. They need their mum."

"What the bloody hell, Draco? Tell me Harry's wrong!" I hear the screech of my best friend as I can only imagine her coming in like the hurricane she is when she's in this mood. "She can't be pregnant?" A quiet pause lingers in the room before she breaks it with a "Merlin's saggy balls, no."

If it were any other situation, I probably would be laughing my arse off. At the moment, all I can manage is a twitch of my little finger.

"I think she heard you," Draco snickers slightly.

"Where did you get that?" she retorts.

"The only other time any part of her moves, is when she's in pain. And it is a lot different than just her pinky twitching. Trust me. She heard you."

"Okay then. Hermione Jean Granger, you had better get your arse out of this bed and walk out that door. You hear me. I'm not going to stand here and wait for you to get yourself together or whatever you think you're doing. Yeah you went through a hell nobody should have to go through. Trust me, I am going to have a field day when Harry catches Lucius. Sorry Draco. You and Harry aren't getting a chance with him. He's fucking mine. Now, Hermione, you get up and run the Ministry like you were destined to do. Then marry this ferret and have lots of ferret babies. We'll get past this one, and you two can live happily ever after. Do you hear me? Then Rose and Scorpius will be nauseated when they realize that their siblings will be siblings to both of them and we'll have a really awkward wedding and family get-togethers, but who the fuck cares. Like the Weasley family is normal anyways. But you understand? You realize I have this all planned out and you being like this is just ruining it? Girl up and get yourself out of your own bloody head!"

Draco snorts, "Ginny that isn't why I called you in here, but I'll take it. What should we do about the pregnancy? There's no way to know..."

"Draco, do you want to raise your brother?" Her voice softens to the more 'Gentle Ginny' tone. "Do you want to be the one to look at the child for the rest of your life wondering if he or she is your sibling or your child? Can you live with her asking herself whose baby it really is every day?"

There was a looming silence that fell. "No I can't ask her to possibly raise the child of the man who did this to her and who wants the same for her daughter. Thank you Ginny. You helped. A lot."

"You need to be strong for her Draco. Ron never was. You need to be her person. She has a lot of healing to go. But that doesn't mean you can lock yourself in that big brain of yours Hermione. Get out now! Don't make me stick mum on you, cause I will."

"She's slowly coming back to us Ginny. Just a little faith. Oh Ginny, can you call the healer in?"

"Are you sure you don't want me to tell him your decision Draco? I can"

"No, I have to be the strong one for her. I'll tell him." I hear the door close and with it my eyes shut. If just for a moment. "Rest baby. I'm here. I have you. The Weasleys and Kingsley have Rose. Trust me, no one is getting anywhere near her. I have you. Just you rest."

The next time I hear anything it is Draco and Harry arguing.

"You can't possibly be putting her body through a procedure like that? In her state?"

"Harry, I have to. Think of it this way, Voldemort was conceived under a love potion. What would this child be if he or she was conceived under an unforgivable? This child could be exponentially worse than Voldemort! There is no way that I would subject that to the Wizarding nor Muggle worlds. Plus the child will have her intellect. We all would be destined to fail." A lengthy pause, and an unrest that is so thick you could cut it with a knife begets the room. "I've thought about it Potter. It's best for her. It's best for us. It's best for the world." I haven't heard Draco this impassioned, ever.

"But can her body handle the shock?" Harry asked fearfully.

"Not any better than it can handle a pregnancy."

"You really are stuck mate. You know we all support whatever decision you come up with. You're doing something Ron never could. He was always a great mate, but never one to make the best decisions. You have taken everything into account. We may not agree with the decision, but we will support it."

"Thanks. I honestly couldn't have done this without all of you."

An awkward silence befalls the room while I take what Draco said into account. This child, if it is Lucius's, could be worse than Voldemort. It took the three of us to defeat the one wizard. Could I do the same if the wizard is my child? Or worse, Ronald's and my grandchild?

My eyes open, still not focused on the room in front of me, but making out shadows and movement.

"Good morning beautiful. I hope you slept well." I hear Draco cheerfully say and I feel his tender kiss on my lips. "You've been asleep over a day, but your body needs the rest so take it." I watch the shadow that must be Draco lean in closer, "Don't listen to Ginny. Take as much time as you need. Everything is under control."

"Don't let Gin hear you say that. Ever," Harry chuckles. "Hey 'Mione. I wish there was something that I could tell you that was positive. Other than Ron hasn't done anything stupid."

"Do you want to see the kids? I know both of them are worried sick. They know you're in bad shape, and they are probably thinking worse than you really are. Plus I kinda have to get my son away from your daughter, even if it is for a minute or two. Don't worry, they're behaving but Scorp is overly protective right now. As are all her cousins. I don't think she can go to the bathroom without a Weasley following her step for step."

"That probably would be a good idea Draco. I'll get Rose and Hugo." I watch the shadow with a darker top leave the room.

"Good, it's just us," Draco holds my hand. "I don't know how much you heard, but don't fret love. I know the idea is terrifying. It only occurred to me yesterday when I was reading the report of the incident. There was something that my father said that I didn't think was important until I re-read it. I will never make you go through that. Nor Rose. You are my two girls and I will protect you with my dying breath." I feel his kiss on my lips and they twitch. "Well that's something. I guess I need to kiss you more," I know there's his smirk on his charming face.

"MUM!" I hear Rosie call, and I know the tone in her voice - she's trying to hide tears.

Hugo says nothing. I worry about my son. He lacks the empathy that most of the family seems to be overflowing with.

"Rose, she's getting better. Don't fret," Draco puts her at ease. "Now I have to have a word with my son for a minute Miss Weasley." I know from the playful tone in his voice, he's trying to be the father figure that she desperately needs at his moment. She has plenty of uncles, but none that she looks at like a father. The closest was always Harry, but still he was distant when it came to matters that involve those closest to him.

"Mum, we are good. Aunt Gin is spoiling us. The Headmistress is getting our school supplies together, well once Uncle Harry figures out what text he is going to use for Defense Against the Dark Arts. It is going to be weird to have to say 'Professor Potter' and not 'Uncle Harry'." Rose is babbling like she always does when she's nervous. I think about her early dates with Scorpius and how fast her mouth would work.

"Hi mum," Hugo mumbles. "I am doing well too. I just want to get out of that creepy Manor and go home. Or at least to the Burrow. Can we go back there soon mum?"

"Hugo, mum can't answer and you know what Grandmum said. We can't go back until Mr Malfoy's father is captured. Mum," I hear the concern in her voice, "Scorpius is worried about his grandfather. He did this to you didn't he? Scorp says he may come for me. Is that why we aren't allowed out of the Manor, except to come here? Mum, I need to talk to you. Girl talk that I can't talk to Aunt Gin about. Please get better mum. I love you."

"I love you too mum," Hugo mutters.

I see the light signaling that the door has opened and I feel my children's kisses on my head.

"Scorp is waiting for you Rosie. He's going to take you and Hugo back to the Manor." Draco is kind but firm to the children, which is what they need. "I'll be here with your mum watching over her with your uncle Harry. Don't worry about her."

I feel his hand in mine, "They'll be safe. That is the important part. I wish I could have kept you safe love. The healers will be in later to have you sleep so they can do the procedure. I wish you could ask the questions that I know are floating around your head. Hell I want to know what you're thinking about now, because you probably have a way to catch the bastard." He pauses and I know he is going to say something that might upset me, but that is because I know this man that just a few months ago I would have questioned every action he made like his life was a chess game and we all were pawns. "You won't like what I said to Scorpius, but darling I'm not going back on it. I told Scorpius if he sees his grandfather anywhere near Rose, to use an unforgivable. I will take the punishment for him, but he will do anything to keep her safe. He saw you when Rose came inside and he fears for her now as much as I do. Just please have mercy on me when it comes to my sentencing and be the mother in law that Scorpius will need. I know what my fate will be, and I am ready to face it. I should face it for not protecting you, but Potter won't hear it for some reason. Something about me being tortured from it too and it wouldn't be just. Justice should be thrown out the window. Justice got us into this mess. Justice is a fictional philosophy that doesn't work in this society that is lacking civility." I feel his breath on my cheek. "I'm sorry for being so down, but I can only put on so much of a happy face while you are in this state, in this place, all because of my father. I'm so sorry love. You deserve more than I can give you. But Rosie will be taken care of. She and Scorpius are very serious. Even though they're young, he wants to get her a promise ring. So I am going into the family vault and getting something special for her. One day, I hope I see it, our children will be married. Our families will be united. I wish it could be us, love, but I think I just have to forsake that ideal and watch our children from a distance. I will never stop loving you, but to protect you and Rose and Scorpius, I had better step back. At least until my father is handled."

I felt the hurt in his voice. He is doing this to protect us all. But like he said earlier, I can't without him. I need to find a way to tell him.

Author's Notes:

1. We are approaching the end. I have finished the final chapter. I doubt that a sequel will be in the future. Too many other projects I am in the midst of.

2. That being said, I am going to do weekly (Tuesday) updates until the end.

3. FYI- Ginny in this is patterned after my IRL BFF, my sister that I never had but always did. We have known each other for 4 decades and we have these conversations. When I was in the hospital in 2016, she called and told me to girl up and get myself out of the hospital (yeah the doctors had a different idea). Ginny will always be my Amy.

4. Thank you all for sticking with me. It isn't over. They have a long way to come. But love conquers all and unicorns poop rainbows. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 4K 41
Complete Hermione has lost Ron in a chaotic mission with Harry Potter. He has been formally declared dead two months ago. Kingsley has tapped her as...
1.7M 50.2K 57
It was the news that shocked the Wizarding World. Hermione Granger, the War Heroine of the Second Wizarding War is DEAD. Taken by an illness, she lea...
1M 20.7K 57
Hogwarts and the Ministry of Magic fall to the power of the Dark Lord. Harry and the Weasleys manage to escape, but Hermione finds herself stuck in t...
293 0 19
The whole Granger family had always been a family of muggles and it was never an issue, since they didn't even acknowledge the existence of magic. Th...