Take Back the Light

By CyanSparks

Things have changed in the five years that have passed since Will Shane's disappearance. Without their protec... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 21

545 19 126
By CyanSparks

"Are we there yet?" Alana asked, trying to keep a straight face.

Alana had learned that the thing about riding with two people who hated her was that they weren't much for conversation. Not only that, but without her sight, it was difficult to gauge how much time had passed and how much distance they had covered.

And, of course, the growing anxiety that the rest of the Shane Gang wouldn't reach her in time. A Mecha fight would be much easier than a siege against one of Blakk's safehouses. But she was trying to keep all that out of her mind.

"You need to quit it," Twist said quietly. Alana smirked as she heard Dana groan.

"For the love of the guardian slugs, shut up," Dana scowled.

"I'll shut up if you just drop me off here," Alana offered. "Just give me my blaster and my slugs and that'll be that."

"Not a chance," Dana responded, sounding bored. Alana sighed and glanced in the direction of her voice.

"Can you at least tell me where we are?" Alana asked. "If we're driving toward my impending doom, can I at least know how long I have?"

"We're about an hour out from Chillbore," Twist said quickly. "So how about you spend the next sixty minutes contemplating your life choices in silence?"

"I think if anyone should be contemplating their life choices, shouldn't it be you two?" Alana laughed. "I mean, come on-"

She snapped her mouth shut as she heard a blaster power up next to her. She couldn't tell if it was Twist's or Dana's, but she didn't want to risk it.

Alana pushed away her worry and forced herself to just focus on the light energy her slugs were giving off the next Mecha over.

~~~~~~~~

Trixie was riding alongside Midnight, watching the map like a hawk. She watched as the pulsing dot sped through Slugterra- wherever Alana was going, Blakk wanted to get her there fast.

"Trix! Any idea where they're heading yet?" Eli asked.

"It could be a couple different places, but it looks like maybe Snowdance or Chillbore," she responded.

"Can't imagine Blakk would want to set upin Snowdance if people are in there all the time," Kord said.

"Not to mention the ice monsters!" Pronto added.

"So it's probably Chillbore," Eli concluded. "And we need to get there before Alana does, because once she's there, who knows where she could end up."

"You think Blakk is still with her?" Kord asked.

"I hope not," Eli said. "Best case scenario, he sent her ahead with some workers while he goes back to the citadel."

"Speaking of workers, who was that new girl?" Trixie asked, looking over at Eli.

"New girl?" Kord asked. "What, Blakk's got a new lackey?"

Eli paused, remembering the ferocity of Dana, the fury with which she slung with. He didn't know the whole story, but he knew that whatever had happened between those two had to have been complicated.

"Her name is Dana, and she and Alana have a history," he said. "I don't know what exactly went down between them, but you remember that ghoul depot mission Alana mentioned once? Something happened to Dana during that. She's... she's got some kind of dark energy in her."

"So, what, she's like a ghoul?" Trixie asked.

"I don't know for sure, but... I think she might be, yeah," Eli said. "And I think she hates Alana because of it."

"Why wouldn't she tell us if Blakk has this super powerful slinger?" Kord asked.

"She didn't know Dana joined Blakk until recently," Eli explained.

"Not to mention she did live alone for years," Trixie added. "It might not be an issue of trust as much of an issue of her not being used to talking to people about stuff."

"Yeah, I just hope she gets used to it quick. We can't help her if we don't know what's goin' on with her," Kord said.

Eli nodded absently, looking down at Burpy. Alana still wasn't giving any indication that she wanted to tell the rest of gang about her energy. Eli knew that she had only told him because she had known him the longest and had been quickly confronted with no time to think about a way to avoid telling him.

Who knows, maybe after this she'll think about telling them, he thought. Nothing builds trust like a life-threatening situation.

~~~~~~~~

Alana felt it as a small flicker. It was in her radar for a moment before it slipped away.

But she still felt it, a blip of light energy in the wide, empty plains they had been riding through.

She straightened her back up, leaning forward a bit and instinctively looking around even though whatever the ghouled Phosphoro had done to her vision hadn't worn off yet.

She tried, but she couldn't locate the energy again. With the rapid movements of Twist's Mecha, whatever the span was that she could feel energy was constantly bouncing about.

"What?" Twist asked. Alana felt him turn around.

"What's going on?" Dana said irritably from Alana's right.

"I don't know, she kind of perked up a bit," Twist said. "Did you feel anything, Dana?"

"No, but if it was light energy, especially a little bit or far away, I might not be able to feel it," Dana said. Alana heard Dana's Mecha get closer to Twist's, her slugs tantalizingly close.

"Well, did you feel anything, Alana?" Twist asked.

Alana stayed silent.

"You're blind, not mute," Dana snapped. "Answer the question."

Alana stayed silent, fighting to keep a straight face.

"Alana, you need to quit doing this-" Twist began, but Alana couldn't help herself. She sighed and smiled wryly.

"I thought you guys wanted me to stay quiet-"

Dana cut her off. Suddenly both Mechas came to a screeching halt, and Alana gasped as Dana's hand wrapped around her shirt collar and yanked her forward.

She hissed in pain- her wrists were still bound to Twist's Mecha, and it wasn't the most comfortable position.

"Nobody else in their right minds would be out here unless they had a reason. Does your gang have any way of tracking you?" she asked.

Alana narrowed her eyes.

"Not that I know of," she lied. She knew eyes were always a tell-tale sign of someone lying, but in her case, looking around was understandable. "My Mecha's the only thing that can be tracked and that got left behind."

"What about your energy?" Dana asked, releasing Alana. "Can they track that?"

"Can't track what you don't know about," Alana responded, rolling her shoulders as she leaned back into a more comfortable position. The two Mechas started up again.

"You don't trust your gang enough to tell them?" Dana sneered. "You still keep secrets?"

"I didn't even know about my powers till recently," Alana said defensively. "And I trust them, it's just a hard subject to bring up."

She paused as a thought came to her mind.

"How did Blakk know about my powers?" Alana asked. "I mean, Dana can probably feel my energy, but is that it?"

"Blakk's work revolves around the idea of corrupting the energy of slugs," Dana replied. "You think he wouldn't notice a beacon of energy waltzing around Slugterra?"

Alana shrugged, staying quiet.

If Blakk had known, had Will? Were her powers the reason he'd taken her in?

I wish you could see the mess I'm in now, she thought sadly. Bet it makes that one time my Jellyish got me stuck to the ceiling seem like a cakewalk.

The trio sped onward in silence, now with nothing left to say. Alana knew that one more sarcastic comment could make Dana angry enough to take it out on the slugs, so she forced herself to stay silent and play out possibilities for escape in her head.

No matter what, she'd be virtually useless in a fight. She could feel where Dana was, sure, and a general idea for Twist, but she wouldn't be able to detect any moves the two made. She was thinking about what she could do to stall for time when she felt it again.

That group of energy- but this time, it stayed there, and was growing closer.

It couldn't just be slugs. The route to Chillbore was barren. Besides, no slug could be moving that fast unless it was on a Mecha.

Alana's breath caught in her throat, but she didn't react like she did last time. Twist and Dana would just speed up to reach Chillbore, and while Alana couldn't figure out just how far away they were, the air was growing continuously cooler.

The energy slowly made it way closer and closer to Alana, and just when she was wondering if Dana would be able to sense it at all, she heard Dana growl.

"There's the energy," she said. Alana heard clicks coming from Dana's Mecha.

"What are you doing?" Twist asked.

"Assuming it's the Shane Gang, we're outnumbered. I'm sending word to Doctor Blakk to send reinforcements," Dana said. "We're about to have a slugout."

"Awesome," Alana said. "Just what I've been hoping for."

With that, she took a deep breath and pushed hersed back, slamming her back into Twist's and ignoring the pain from stretching her arms out so much.

Twist was pushed forward, and Alana threw all of her weight to the right, sending the Mecha toppling over. Her goal was to hit Dana's, too, but she heard Dana's ride speed up just in time to avoid the hit.

Any Mecha crash was painful. But being attached to the Mecha, unable to brace yourself or even see where you were falling made it a lot more complicated.

Alana's right leg was pinned beneath the back half of the Mecha, and her arms were sore from once again being stretched past their limits. Twist groaned, and Alana felt the Mecha shift as he got off.

"Dana, come help!" Twist called. Alana felt him trying to lift the Mecha, but he could barely raise it.

"If you guys stick around to get me out of this, they'll catch up," Alana said with a smirk. "You can just leave me here and my gang will pick me up."

"Not a chance," Dana snapped. She ran over to the wreckage and must've either been that much stronger than Twist or had another way to move the Mecha, because Alana felt it raise completely off her leg.

Twist pulled at her, and she tried to stay trapped under the machine, but not being able to use her arms kept her from it.

Alana was shoved back atop the now upright Mecha, but she just sighed and shrugged.

"I warned you two," she said.

The energy had been steadily approaching throughout the whole crash, and now it was here.

This is about to be really awkward if it isn't the gang, Alana thought. But luckily, the groans of distaste that came from both Dana and Twist confirmed that her hopes were right.

Alana beamed as she heard Mechas approach her, Dana, and Twist, never before so glad to hear the voice that said,

"I think you have something that belongs to us."

"Eli Shane, what a surprise," Dana said. "We had this great welcoming party planned for you at the citadel, but I guess this will have to do."

"Let her go now and it won't have to come to that," Trixie said.

"That's not gonna happen," Twist said, and Alana heard his blaster power up on her right.

"Blakk has a lot to learn from this one," Dana added, loading her own blaster. "We're not letting her go."

"A lot to learn?" Alana heard Kord ask. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Can we talk about this later?" Alana called.

"She's right. You all can have this discussion after we lock you up," Dana said. With that, she fired, and the duel began.

~~~~~~~~

Eli's heart was thumping as he saw Alana. She was on Twist's Mecha, and something about the way she was looking around seemed off, but other than that and the cuts and bruises from the train heist, she looked safe.

Dana fired a ghouled Thresher that Eli dodged, riding Lucky forward with Trixie at his right.

"You two take Dana!" Eli yelled as Twist leapt back up on his Mecha, trying to make an escape with Alana. "We'll take care of Twist!"

Kord and Pronto opened fire, keeping Dana occupied while Eli and Trixie sped forward and cut off Twist's path.

Eli knew he'd gotten into the habit of trying to talk first and fight second with Twist, but not this time. He and Trixie moved in unison, raising their blasters and firing.

Trixie's Rammstone led the way, followed by Burpy. Twist fired a Hop Jack that collided with the Rammstone, the slug and the ghoul sending each other back into protoform. Burpy growled and released a ball of fire at Twist. The blond quickly drove the Mecha to one side, and the ball of fire flew right past him and almost into Dana, who was firing a Briardrill at Pronto.

At the last minute, Dana ducked down, and Pronto had to dodge the fireball before it hit a bush behind him.

"Watch it!" he shrieked.

"Sorry!" Eli called, turning his focus back to Twist as the blond fired a Harmashelt.

Eli fired his Jellyish, but the Harmashelt knocked it out of the air and crashed into the ground just in front of Eli and Trixie's Mechas, knocking them back a few feet.

"Keep slinging hard, he can't teleport around with Loki as much if he has to keep an eye on Alana," Eli said, firing his Phosphoro. The slug exploded into fireworks, causing Twist to take a moment to shield his eyes.

Alana, from the back of his Mecha, leaned forward and then slammed her back into Twist, knocking him off the Mecha.

"I need some help here!" she called, nodding down to her hands. Eli fired his Speedstinger, knocking the bolt off the metal cuffs and freeing her.

Trixie rushed forward on Boomer, but Twist recovered and fired Loki at the ground, disappearing and reappearing beside Trixie and kicking her off her Mecha. Eli fired a Hop Jack that landed in front of Twist and exploded, sending him toppling back toward Dana while Alana hesitantly climbed down from the Mecha.

"Oh, for the love of- switch me!" Dana ordered as Twist got to his feet. She turned and fired a ghouled Flaringo at Eli and Trixie, putting a wall of fire between her and the slugslingers. Dana hurriedly rushing forward and grabbing Alana by the wrist and backed away so she was back-to-back with Twist, who was slinging against Kord and Pronto.

"Let me go!" Alana exclaimed, trying to yank her arm from Dana. Trixie fired an Aquabeek that doused the Pyringo's flames, and Eli's eyes widened as Dana smirked and grabbed Alana's other hand, which was still bare after losing her glove on the train.

Alana gasped and stopped trying to pull away, shivering and dropped down to the ground. Dana kept her grip with one hand and pointed her blaster at Eli and Trixie with another.

"I wouldn't come any closer," she said. Her scarlet eyes were glowing, and she looked more like a crazed monster than a human.

"What are you doing?!" Eli exclaimed as Alana recovered her balance and began trying to pull away again. Twist, Kord, and Pronto faltered in their fire, watching as Dana's eyes continued to glow scarlet.

"I don't want to reveal my secrets," Dana said with a smirk as she fired a Briardrill at Eli and Trixie.

The two split up, but the thorny vines that sprung from the ground followed them, grabbing at their hands and feet. Trixie fired a Thresher than sawed the vines in half while Eli fired a Frostcrawler that gave the two temporary cover.

"I don't know what she's doing to Alana, but we need to get her to stop," Trixie said worriedly.

"As soon as Alana's away from her we can go all out," Eli said as he loaded Joules. "I'll distract her, you try to get closer and get Alana."

Trixie nodded, and the two ran out from behind the ice wall. Eli fired his Tazerling, which Dana ducked away to avoid, pulling Alana with her. But the movement broke her concentration, and whatever she was doing to Alana stopped.

Trixie grinned as Alana kicked at Dana, now splitting the ghoulslinger's focus between her captive and Eli, who fired his Arachnet at her. Trixie waited until Dana fired an Amperling in response before raising her blaster and firing a Tormato.

She thought that she'd have time to get a hit in since it would take a moment for Dana to reload, but Dana moved like lightning. She turned toward Trixie, clicking her blaster against her bandoleer as she did and loading a Thrasher.

Just as Dana pulled the trigger, Alana stopped trying to move back and instead lunged forward, tackling Dana to the ground and throwing off her shot. The Thrasher sped overtop of Trixie's head, opening up the Tormato shot.

Trixie fired, and the Tormato created a whirlwind that broke apart Dana and Alana, sending them both to the ground as they struggled against the winds. Eli ran forward, firing a Rammstone at Dana while Trixie sprinted forward and helped Alana to her feet.

"I am so glad you're here," Alana said as she stood.

"I am, too," Trixie said. "Now let's-"

She was cut off by a yell from Kord.

"Uh, guys? We kinda lost Twist!"

Trixie spun around, looking at where Pronto and Kord were looking around confusedly.

"What do you mean?" she called back, ducking as Dana fired a Grimmstone at Eli and missed.

"We were fightin' an illusion," Kord explained. "I dunno where the real one is!"

"Try and guess," Twist's voice said, ringing out along the path.

Dozens of illusions appeared in sparks of red, black, and white. Twists surrounded Dana and the Shane Gang, all smirking cockily. Eli and Dana faltered in their duel, looking around rapidly and trying to determine which one was the real Twist.

~~~~~~~~

Alana didn't know what was going on. Her arm was still freezing cold from where Dana had touched her.

Dana's gloves were fingerless and had allowed for direct contact. Alana had felt the fury of the dark energy in Dana, and had to fight to keep it from coming into contact with her own energy.

She pushed thoughts of the experience from her head, eager to forget the icy cold feeling and focusing on trying to figure out was happening around her.

All she knew was that, by the feeling of dark energy surrounding her, Twist and Loki had made quite the illusion.

"Watch out!" Trixie exclaimed, and Alana wished she had time to let Trixie know the irony in her statement.

Alana heard explosions of sparks and slugfire all around her as the members of the Shane Gang fired at the illusions, making them disappear one by one. She looked around wildly, unable to tell if any of the Twists were actually approaching her.

"Trixie, I need-" she began, but was cut off when a hand grabbed her arm. And it was definitely no illusion.

"Alana!" Eli yelled, and just before another explosion of sparks rang in her ears, Alana felt a hand grab her shoulder.

It was somewhat like shadow travel. For a moment, Alana felt nothing. Then everything melted back into place. The area was silent. Twist must have teleported them away from the path. Everything began to materialize as the effects of the transportation wore off, the ground beneath her feet, the cold tinge of the air-

And the feeling of two people on either side of Alana, who had no clue who could be Twist.

Alana gasped and lunged away from the two, carefully backing away with her arms outstretched so she wouldn't run into anything. She heard another burst of sparks that signaled one of Loki's illusions, but she couldn't pinpoint where the dark energy was coming from.

"Who's here?" she asked, struggling to keep nervousness from her voice.

"It's me and Twist," she heard Eli said. "How do you not know?"

"Dana hit me with a ghouled Phosphoro, the flash made me blind," Alana said, trying to tell where the voice had come from.

"Come over here!" Eli said to her right.

"No, that's Twist, Alana! Here!" Eli said from her... left.

Twist had disguised himself as Eli, and with the remnants of Dana's touch still clouding her senses, Alana had no way to tell which Eli was the real one.

"I can't tell which one of you is the real one!" Alana exclaimed, looking back and forth.

"It's me!"

"No, me!"

"That's not helping!" Alana said, her hands shaking. If she chose wrong her, she could end up trapped in Blakk's safehouse. "I need the real Eli to give me a sign, something only he knows about!"

For a moment, both boys were silent. Then,

"We lived in different places, so Dad would carry our letters back and forth for us to communicate. Our first letters talked about how excited we were to meet each other, and I said the first thing I wanted to do with you when I took up slinging was have a duel."

Alana smiled and turned to the Eli on her left.

"You were always convinced you could beat me without any training," she said with a laugh.

"I still bet I could've," he responded, and Alana could practically hear the smile in his voice. "Now DUCK!"

Alana did as she was told, dropping to her knees and smirking as she heard Eli fire a slug that flew overhead and crashed into Twist. A few seconds later, she heard the shower of sparks that indicated another use of Loki.

"He's gone," Eli said. Alana held out a hand, and Eli grabbed it, pulling her to her feet. "Are you okay?"

Alana laughed and shrugged, unsure how to answer.

"I guess I am now," she managed. She heard Eli sighed with relief and smiled as he enveloped her in a hug.

"We were so worried," he said. Alana hugged him back and perked up as she heard more voices.

"Eli! Alana!"

Alana grinned as another person ran into Eli and Alana and hugged the two, almost sending every toppling to the ground.

"Hey, Trix," Alana laughed, tears forming in her eyes.

"Alana!" Kord called, and Alana felt the hug grow much tighter as the cave troll wrapped his arms around the three slingers, nearly lifting them from the ground. "Man am I glad to see you!"

"I'm sure the feeling would be mutual if I could see," Alana laughed.

"Huh?" Kord asked.

"Long story. Hey, where's Pronto? And- my slugs!" Alana exclaimed, pushing away from the gang. "Dana had them on her Mecha-"

She was cut off by another voice approaching.

"Haha! Fear not, for Pronto the Magnificent was able to rescue your slugs and blaster before Dana and Twist fled from his brilliance!" Pronto exclaimed.

"Okay, the slugs are here, now what was that about not being able to see?" Trixie asked. "What happened?"

Alana's smile faltered as she remembered the train.

"I got Sam off the train, but Dana caught me before I could leave. She used a ghouled Phosphoro, and the light messed up my eyes," she explained. "Can someone get Doc or Mage?"

"Doc's pretty tired after healin' the ghouls we got," Kord said. Alana heard a click as he released her slugs from the carrier. "But we got Mage."

Alana took a few steps back and put her hands on her hips.

"Well, I never thought I'd ask for this," she laughed, "but can someone slug me? Because if I spent one more minute in the dark, I'm gonna lose it."

"On it," Eli said, and Alana heard him load hus blaster.

"You know, I'm putting a lot of faith in you that you're actually firing Mage and not a Jellyish or something," she noted.

"Don't give me any ideas," Eli teased. "And besides, after the day we've had, I don't think any of us are up to pranks."

Alana nodded and instinctively screwed her eyes shut when Eli fired. Instead of anything making contact with her (she hadn't been very doubtful of Eli's intentions, but Shanes were unpredictable), warm rushed through her body, focusing on her eyes. She took a deep breath, basking in the light energy before it slowly faded away.

Holding her breath, she opened her eyes. Tears began to form in them again when she saw her teammates standing eagerly in front of her. Mage chirped and waved from her shoulder.

"Thanks, guys," she said. Trixie grinned and hugged Alana again, everyone else following. Alana's smile faltered and she desperately tried to blink away her tears. "I was so worried you guys would end up getting ambushed at the citadel because of me."

The Shane Gang frowned and backed away from Alana, appalled as Alana continued, wringing her hands.

"And I'm so sorry I made the mission harder on everyone," she continued, staring at the ground. "I probably made you guys really stressed and worried and... sorry."

Eli stepped forward, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't apologize," he said. "You might have gone back on the train, sure, but this isn't all your fault. And yeah, we were worried. I was scared I would never see you again. But..."

He forced a smile on his face. After all, if Alana could do it all the time, he could, too.

"We got you back, and that's all that matters."

~~~~~~~~

There was a quick, tearful reunion with Sam at Lolla's Diner, but Eli didn't let it last long.

He knew Blakk would be furious that a majority of his shipment had been trashed, along with the daughter of his business partners being being the whole operation. The sooner he got his gang back to the hideout, the safer everyone would be.

And he wasn't willing to risk anything else that day.

The next while went by in a haze. Eli felt like he was just spectating someone else leading the gang back to the hideout, ushering everyone inside, double-checking security systems before people started to hit the showers and go to bed, even though the Lumino light wouldn't fade for another twenty minutes.

Alana was the first to retire to her room after Doc and Mage made their rounds. She was down a glove (it looked like the gang was going to need to make a trip to Convertamall anyway) and her gear had the usual rips and tears, nothing that couldn't be sewn back up. Shallow lined her arms where the vines of Dana's Briardrill had cut into her skin.

Eli noticed the cut running up her right forearm, but he didn't ask about it- not in front of everyone else. Alana had seen him looking at it before on the train and had begun to protest something, but the duel that had quickly ensued kept her from finishing. He just hoped it wasn't what it looked like.

The Lumino light was beginning to fade as Eli found himself sitting on the couch, leaning back into the cushions. His head felt cloudy from everything that had happened.

Ten seconds. That's how long he'd let himself stand there, staring in shock and fear before he'd changed the channel and forced himself to be a leader. But now the day was over, the danger was gone, and the adrenaline had long faded. All he could think of was how terrified he'd been.

"You're seriously not tired?"

Eli looked up, ready to give an excuse and hurry to bed, but he relaxed when he saw who it was.

"I am exhausted, Trixie," he said as the redhead sat down on the couch next to him, still in her slinging gear.

"I am, too," she admitted. "Physically, I'm ready to shut down. But mentally, I can't get my head to stop thinking about earlier. Are you okay?"

Eli shrugged.

"I dunno," he said. "One of my best friends was just... taken away. I couldn't help her. She was all alone with some of the most dangerous people in Slugterra. Who knows what Blakk would have done if things had gone his way."

Trixie looked at Eli worriedly.

"If that's what you're thinking right now, then the answer to that question is no," she said.

"Then, no, I'm not," Eli said, running his hands through his hair. "Trixie, I was so scared."

"I know. I was, too. I've gone through crazy stuff before..." she said. "But, I don't know, this..."

"It's worse because it wasn't yourself," Eli said. "That's what was going through my head- it wasn't me in danger thing time. It was someone else close to me."

"Exactly," Trixie said quietly. Eli rubbed his eyes and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"But it all worked out fine," he reminded. "It all worked out fine. We got her back."

"That's what I keep telling myself. But I just can't get past that feeling when we found Sam on the tracks," Trixie said. Eli looked up at her, and his eyes widened when he saw that she had tears in her green eyes.

He got to his feet and held out a hand. Trixie took it, standing up and wiping the tears away. She looked up at him for a moment before stepping forward and hugging him.

"We need to get some rest," she said as she pulled away. "The shock'll fade away and it'll feel like nothing ever happened."

Eli nodded, following her up the stairs. Trixie paused before the two split ways.

"Eli... there's a lot more going on with her than I know of, isn't there?"

Eli sighed and glanced down.

"Yeah, there is," he admitted. "But I don't know everything yet."

"I wish she'd confide in us," Trixie said, crossing her arms.

"I think she will, if we give her time. Especially after this," Eli said, glancing at Alana's door. "We just need to be ready for when she does."

~~~~~~~~

Alana laid in her bed, staring up at the ceiling, guilt crawling all over her. Dana blamed her for what happened at the ghoul depot.

Whose fault was it? Alana had pulled the trigger. Dana had refused the help. But only after Alana had the audacity to imply that the bad things that happened in Dana's life had been Dana's own fault.

Alana liked to walk the moral high ground. She knew that's what Will wanted her to do. But how could she do that when she was possibly to blame for something so horrible happening to someone who used to be her friend?

Questioning whether or not she was actually good, Alana finally drifted off to sleep, desperately trying to push away thoughts of Dana Edwards.

~~~~~~~~

This one's a little on the short side, but I think overall it was okay ¯\_()_/¯

I've posted an update on The Teenage Book about some future hiatus time, so if you haven't seen that yet, go check it out! It also features a promo for an AWESOME webcomic by a friend of mine so you should DEFINITELY go look

Cyan out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 298 31
Alexander Shane is the younger sister of Eli Shane by two years and their mother swears that if she didn't give birth to them she would swear they we...
2.6K 139 19
"Alessia Draca, do you know who you are?" ... After the recent war, Alessia thought she could finally live her life like a normal person would: spend...
79.4K 1.9K 42
Alana lives in Slugterra, an amazing underground world. For years she lived with Will Shane- until he disappeared. Now, she's been living on her own...
2.2K 64 12
Slugterra: Twisted Ends is a fan season that takes place after Slugterra: Into the Shadows (Season 4) Warnings: The fanfic follows Slugterra's age ra...