The Waitress β†― C. Randall

By LttlLovely

❝You're just another pretty boy who when their looks fade will be swept into the dust like the rest of us." "... More

cast and synopsis !
playlists, aesthetics, & edits !
Chapter 1 | Accents and Power Don't Make A Man [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 2 | Spandex & Monsters my-oh-my! [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 3 | Saturday Mornings Have Hit a New Low (or High?) [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 4 | Hoodoo-Voodoo BS! [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 5 | Piece of Poison [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 6 | Dino Palooza [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 7 | Danger, Danger, I'm a Stranger [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 8 | A Failure of Tremendous Heights [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 9 | The Crown Jewels [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 10 | The Return [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 11 | Knight after Knights [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 12 | Sync or Swim
Chapter 13 | Death of a Bachelorette
Chapter 15 | Rise of a Ranger
Power Rangers One Shots Update!
Chapter 16 | No Matter How You Slice It
Chapter 17 | World Famous! (In New Zealand)
Chapter 18 | Deep Down Under
April Fools Update!
Chapter 20 | One More Energem
Chapter 21 | The Ghostest with the Mostest
Chapter 22 | Race to Rescue Christmas
Important Update [PLEASE COMMENT OPINIONS]
I'm Shocked and can not Summarize what I want to say in a few Words
Dino Super Charge | Prologue
Chapter 24 | When Evil Stirs
I'm crying, 5K reads!!!
(Late) One Year Anniversary of this Story!
Chapter 25 | Forgive and Forget
Extra chapter/content - Power Rangers One Shots
Chapter 26 | Nightmare in Amber Beach
Chapter 27 | A Date With Danger
Chapter 28 | Roar of the Red Ranger
Chapter 29 | Forged Under Fire
Chapter 30 | Home Run Koda
The Waitress, but on Twitter!
Chapter 31 | Riches and Rags

Chapter 14 | Breaking Black

1.5K 37 33
By LttlLovely

Riley and Ivan were sword dueling while Tyler was doing a handstand. "Nice one." Riley says as Tyler balances on just one hand. Koda runs, flips over a rock, and flips by partially running up a tree and jumping off. Shelby kicks multiple punching bags.

"Okay, you ready?" Miss Morgan asks Chase who is already morphed. "Miss Morgan, I agree training is important, but you want me to fly through that concrete wall?"

"At least you get to train. Besides, if you get hurt you have that healing crystal that will heal all your injuries by tomorrow, relax." Quinn says.

"Exactly, except you won't get hurt. The Dino Armor X Jaws are designed to be that tough. It works with the Black energem Power." Miss Morgan explains.

"Okay. I'll give it a shot. Dino Armor X Charger, ready. Dino Armor X Charger, engage. Whoa, extreme power. Well, here I go. Spiral attack. Wow, oh, sweet." Chase says as he goes right through the wall, and one of Shelby's punching bags.

"Ah, it works great, Kendall. I mean, Miss Morgan." Chase says as the others cheer him on. Quinn and Miss Morgan point at Shelby.

"Hello?" Shelby says, clearly annoyed.

"Oh, sorry Shelby. It's got more power than I realized." Chase apologizes. "Hmm. You owe me a new bag." Shelby says as a song plays.

"Hey, that's the N-Zed Boys. They're from New Zealand. You're not one of those crazy fans, are you?" Chase asks.

"Uhh." Shelby begins to say. "The ones that know all the lame lyrics by heart? Who wear the N-Zed Boy t-shirts?" Chase asks.

"No. I'm not that crazy." Shelby says, slightly ashamed. "Oh, you weren't planning on going to their concert tonight, were you?" Chase says as he laughs.

"Well, maybe. This is the first time they've ever played outside of New Zealand." Shelby says.

"I'm gonna travel the world. Turn it upside down." Chase jokingly sings as he clicks his heels in the air and walks away as Shelby looks down at the ground feeling ashamed.

***

At the cafe Ivan serves food as he says, "For m'ladies a heavenly feast indeed." Shelby and Quinn stomp over to Koda.

"Have you seen Chase? " Shelby asks Koda. "That jerk is an hour late for work." Quinn adds.

"No." Koda responds. "Thanks Koda." Quinn says. "You are welcome." Koda says.

N-Zed Boys plays in the background. "Breakfast rush, done." Riley says as he smiles.

"Don't relax now. Lunch rush." Shelby says. "In other words, actual hell." Quinn says.

"Whew." Chase says as he calmly walks in.

"Chase, where have you been? I need to get tickets for the N-Zed concert tonight." Shelby says. "No worries. I'm sure they've got heaps of tickets. They're not that popular." Chase assures.

Shelby sighs as she takes off her coat to reveal an N-Zed Boys shirt. "Oh, so you are one of those crazy fans." Chase says.

"That's the N-Zed Boys, the kiwi sensation. If you were planning on seeing them tonight, too bad, they are completely sold out." The radio DJ informs.

"No, no. This was my one chance to see them in concert and now I've missed it." Shelby whimpers.

"You're not missing anything. Trust me." Chase says.

"I know you think they're lame. I got that." Shelby quietly says, clearly hurt by Chase's words.

"Hey, lighten up, man." Tyler says.

"Hmm?" Chase hums, unaware of what he was talking about.

"You hurt her feelings." Tyler says.

"No, she's fine." Chase says. "No, she isn't." Quinn says as she angrily glares at Chase.

The Dino Com rings. "Alien bio signs. Everyone head out. Quinn, get to the base." Miss Morgan says.

"Got it." Tyler says as they begin to head out.

"You know, you're a real jerk, Chase." Quinn angrily says and forcefully nudges his shoulder as she stomps away. "What? What did I do?" Chase says as he rubs his shoulder and walks away from the others.

"Excuse me, can we get some ketchup?" A customer asks as she stops Ivan.

"Uh, but of course. Ah." Ivan says as he hands her a ketchup bottle. "And mustard. And a side of pickles, each." She asks.

"Ivan." Riley whispers as he motions for him to leave. "I shall be along forthwith." He says as he goes off to grab the items.

***

Quinn runs down to the base and gets into the seat. "Hi Miss Morgan." Quinn says as she logs into the computer. "Hello Quinn." Miss Morgan says as she looks back over the blueprints of the Dino X Charger.

Quinn logs on and waits for the others to morph since the only way for her to be able to watch them is for them to morph. For now she was just listening to them searching for Sledge's monster of the week through their Dino Coms, which didn't really give the best audio, but worked for now.

"These are definetly the coordinates Miss Morgan gave us." Riley says as they walk through the woods.

"I bet Sledge found our training area." Tyler says.

"Oh look! It my lucky day. Oh, another." Koda says as he happily grabs the coins. "Who would have left these here?" Shelby wonders. "It's so shiny." Koda notices.

"Take cover." Chase yells as he and Tyler shove Koda out of the way as the coins explode in the air.

The maniacal laughter of Poisandra and company fill the air. "Time for a little payback, Rangers." Poisandra says. "And I've got money to burn." Gold Digger says as it throws the coins at the rangers, who dodge out of the way. "Your energems will soon be mine." It laughs.

"It's morphin' time. Dino Charger." Chase says. "Ready. Energize! Ha! Unleash the Power!" They say as they morph.

Quinn sees the screen light up as it shows her the new battle. Quinn immediately sits up and watches the battle attentively, ready to help or give advice to the Rangers whenever they need it.

"This guy looks like if a museum threw up." Tyler insults.

"You can't talk you box of crayons." It fires back as it blocks all the rangers' attacks.

"That's it. Give them their money's worth." Poisandra says happily. "Are you crazy? He's useless. I'll take care of this." Wrench says as he jumps off and joins the battle.

"Mind if I cut in? Let me you how it's done." Wrench says as he shoves Gold Digger out of the way.

"Ow! My chest!" It whines. Wrench deflects the rangers' attacks.

"Don't let that tin can push you around, Gold Digger. Get back in there and fight." Poisandra orders. "Yes, ma'am." It says. "Now!" Poisandra yells.

It obeys and joins the battle once more. "Over here, Rangers!" It says as Poisandra and Curio leave.

"Face it Wrench, pigs will fly before you beat us." Tyler taunts. "Oh yeah? Well watch me fly." Wrench says as it powerfully strikes Tyler across the chest. "Now I can get that energem." Wrench says as he runs toward the ranger, only to be stopped by the Ptera Saber.

"The knight." Wrench says as he is kicked by Ivan.

"Indeed." Ivan says. "Ivan." Tyler says.

"Behold, those damsels gave me my first tip." Ivan says mightily as he shows a one dollar bill. "All that for a dollar?" Tyler says. "I agree, most kind. Prepare to feel the wrath." Ivan says.

"He is trapped." Koda says. "You're in luck. Let me spread the wealth." Gold Digger says as it throws coins at them which fly in the air, and fall down on the Rangers as they explode.

"Your luck's run out, money bags." Riley says as he strikes the monster, only for it to be blocked. "Stone slab, block." It says as a stone slab appears and blocks the attack.

"His slab is like steel. We need extra power." Riley says as he continues to barrage the monster with attacks.

"Dino Steel, armor on. Tricera Drill." Shelby says as she jumps over Riley to drill through the slab. "Stone Slab, block." It says as Shelby is sent flying back.

"Shelby, you okay?" Koda asks.

"I have to tell Wrench about this." It says as it goes away. "He's getting away." Chase notices as he runs after it.

"You're going down, Red Ranger." Wrench says as he strikes Tyler. "I'm afraid you're quite mistake-Oh!" Ivan says as he is swiftly kicked back by Wrench.

"Ivan! I've got your back." Tyler says as they continue to attack Wrench, yet is sent flying back by Wrench's attacks.

"Finally, I'm going to-" Wrench says before being interrupted.

"Wrench! I know how we can beat the Rangers." It screams annoyingly. "Then why aren't they destroyed?" Wrench asks.

"I'll crush them with my stone slabs." Gold Digger says. "You better, or Sledge will crush you." Wrench says as it pushes Gold Digger forward.

"Stone Slab, multiply." Gold Digger says as it throws the stones in the air. They become large and fall down on the Rangers who manage to evade the rocks.

"Hold still. You can't escape my slabs forever." It says arrogantly.

"Don't worry, guys. I can break through his slabs with the Dino Armor X Jaws. Dino Charger, ready. Dino Armor X Charger, engage. Armor X, ready. Spiral Attack,-woah. What's wrong? It's out of control." Chase says as the Charger malfunctions and sends him flying back into the ground.

"Haha. Pathetic. Stone Slab, multiply." It says as more stone slabs fall down.

"Get out of the way." Koda warns as he, Chase, and Riley dodge the slabs.

"Got you this time." It says as the slab falls on Ivan, Shelby, and Tyler. "We're going down." Tyler says as multiple slabs fall on top of them and burrows them in the ground.

"Oh no! Shelby, Ivan, Tyler." Chase says worriedly.

The entire time Quinn was too shocked to say anything until she realizes that she has to tell her remaining friends to get out of there before they get buried underneath the slabs too.

Riley's Dino Com beeps. "You need to get out of there now." Quinn says. "But the others." Chase says.

"As much as I would like to save them now, we have no choice. You'll end up just like them if you stay." Quinn warns.

"I'll crush you in the ground like the others." It says as more falling stone slabs appear in the sky.

"Guys, run." Chase says as they run away. "I think we're out of range." Riley says.

"Shelby, Tyler, Ivan? Are you okay?" Chase asks through the Dino Com.

"The slab pushed us deep underground. There's a pocket of air, but it's not gonna last long." Tyler says.

"We're getting help." Chase assures as he and the others run away.

***

"We've got to hurry. I know we can save them if the Dino Armor X Charger works." Chase says hurriedly in the base.

"There's nothing wrong with it." Miss Morgan informs.

"What? Something is definetly wrong with it." Chase says. "It worked when you tested it and the transmitter says it's working now. Somehow the problem is with you." Miss Morgan explains.

"You think I'm the problem?" Chase says bewildered.

Quinn wanted to yell "Of course!" and insult him for being rude to Shelby before and being egotistical. Was Chase even self aware in the slightest? But, her friends were dying, and at that moment, she just wanted to save her friends. Maybe she would reprimand Chase later.

"Riley, Koda, It's a long shot, but if it won't work with black energy, maybe it will work with green or blue? I'll adjust the Dino Armor X Charger." Miss Morgan offers.

Chase begins to walk away, but turns back around and says, "There's no way this is my fault!"

Keeper appears and informs, "The Black Energem bonded with you not just for your bravery, but for your heart too.

"Come again?" Chase asks.

"Your energy has been disrupted by doing something not true to your heart, then the Dino may not work." Keeper explains.

"You think I did something wrong?" Chase asks.

"Duh." Quinn angrily mutters. Chase hears it and has a genuinely hurt look on his face.

The Dino Com beeps. Chase answers. "Guys, I think our air. . . it's almost gone." Shelby chokes out. The alarm goes off.

"Their oxygen levels are near critical." Quinn notices. "We're out of time. I don't know if these will work without black energy, but it's our only chance." Miss Morgan informs.

"Your friends' lives are in your hands. Time is of the essence, Rangers." Keeper says.

Chase looks at his energem, holds it, and runs out the door. Quinn quickly gets into position to help the Rangers through support as Miss Morgan begins to worriedly pace back and forth.

***

"I'll cover you while you try your Dino Armor X Chargers." Chase says as they run to the monsters.

"Here to free your friends, Rangers?" Wrench taunts. "Don't hold your breath." Gold Digger says as he and Wrench run to the rangers.

Quinn swears to god that if her arm wasn't still broken that she would punch Wrench and that crownhead right now. Their voices were practically torturing her ears. That was the one downside of being support. The monsters' voices were practically amplified to be 10 times louder, screechy, and annoying to her. She wonders how Miss Morgan dealt with this before.

"I'll keep them off you." Chase says as he runs to the aliens.

"Let's hope it works with blue and green energy." Riley says. "Dino Chargers, ready. Dino Armor X Charger, engage. Armor X-ah." They begin to say as the Charger goes haywire and they struggle to control it before being sent back to the ground.

Chase is quickly sent flying to the ground by Gold Digger. "Dino Armor X must only work with black energy." Riley realizes.

"You must save them. We take monsters." Koda says as he and Riley attack the aliens.

Chase gets up and says, "I have to figure this out."

The Dino Com beeps and Chase answers. "Please. . . I think. . . we're running out. . ." Shelby chokes out.

"No. Hang on, Shelby. Keeper said I'd done something to disrupt my energy. What could I have done?" Chase worriedly wonders as he remembers what he said to Shelby.

He realizes what he said to Shelby is hurtful and apologizes, "That's it. Shelby, I shouldn't have teased you so much about liking the N-Zed Boys. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but I did. And that threw off my energy so the Dino Armor X Charger didn't work."

Shelby responds, "It's okay Chase." "No, it's not okay. I'm sorry. Shelby?" Chase asks as the Dino Com starts to show static.

"Shelby? Shelby! Dino Armor X is their only chance. I won't let you down Shelby. Please work." Chase realizes as he puts the Charger into his blaster. Dino Charger, ready. Dino Armor X Charger, engage.

"It worked. Armor X, ready." Chase says as he gets into a fighting stance.

"You're never getting past me, Black Ranger." Wrench says as he throws his ax at him, only to have it blocked and sent to the ground.

"What! Gold Digger, get over here!" Wrench worriedly says.

"Nothing's stopping me. Spiral Attack." Chase says as he runs to destroy Wrench, only to have Gold Digger jump in front of him. Chase block his attacks and hits both of them, sending them to the ground.

"I've got to save Shelby, Ivan, and Tyler. Spiral Drill." Chase says as he drills through the slabs.

"He's dug right through your slabs." Wrench says shocked.

"Whoa." "Chase?" Riley and Koda say, surprised. Chase drills through the slabs, grabs Shelby, and jumps out of the hole.

"I've got you." He says as he holds Shelby while Tyler and Ivan fall out of the hole and fall on the ground. "They alright." Koda says.

Chase demorphs and chuckles as Shelby looks up to him, gasping for air. "I'm sorry you missed the concert. Can you ever forgive me?" Chase asks. "I already have." Shelby says as they both smile.

"Thank goodness you guys are okay." Riley says.

"We very worried." Koda admits.

"Yikes! They got out. More slabs!" Wrench insists. "You make it sound easy." Gold Digger whines.

"Haven't you learned your lesson? It's morphin' time. Dino Charger." Chase says.

"Ready! Energize! Ha! Unleash the Power!" They shouts as they morph and jump to where Gold Digger is.

"This time, I'll bury you." Gold Digger says.

"Not if we bury you first. Tyrannosaurus Rex, Power Ranger Red. Ha!" Tyler says.

"Parasaur, Power Ranger Black. " Chase says.

"Stegosaurus, Power Ranger Blue." Koda says.

"Velociraptor, Power Ranger Green." Riley says.

"Triceratops, Power Ranger Pink." Shelby says.

"Pterodactyl, Power Ranger Gold."  Ivan says. "Dinosaur might, ready to fight. Power Rangers Dino Charge!" They yell.

"You'll wish you stayed underground." Wrench threatens. "Vivix, get the rangers. Now!" Gold Digger instructs.

"Raptor Claw, Para Chopper Blast." Riley says as he strikes the Vivix down.

"Stego Shield Punch!" Koda says as he punches the Vivix.

"Tricera Drill!" Shelby yells as she kicks the Vivix.

"Lightning Strike!" Ivan says as he strikes the Vivix. "T-Rex smash!" Tyler yells as he attempts to break Gold Digger's Slab, but fails.

"All right, tin man. You're about to get recycled." Chase says as he blocks Wrench's attacks.

"Your new powers won't stop me!" Wrench says as he attacks Chase.

"Oh please. Fighting you is easier than a spin class with training wheels." Chase says as he blocks Wrench's attacks.

"I don't get it. What's a spin class?" Wrench asks.

"I'll give you a demonstration. Spiral. . . Attack!" Chase says as he throws Wrench spinning into the sky.

Haven't you learned yet? You can't break my slabs." Gold Digger taunts. "Maybe not, but he can." Tyler says as he jumps away.

"Spiral Attack!" Chase yells as he breaks the slab. "That was only one slab." Gold Digger says.

"Guys, he's going to multiply. Tyler, the Dino Spike." Chase informs.

"Got it. Dino Charger, ready. Weapons, combine." Tyler says.

"Red Ranger, launch." The others says as Tyler grabs the spike. "Dino Spike, Final Strike!" Tyler yells. "Spiral Attack!" Chase shouts as he and Tyler destroy Gold Digger.

"How unfortunate." Gold Digger says as he explodes. "Now that's positive energy." Chase chuckles.

A magna beam turns Gold Digger into a giant. "Guys, our problem just multiplied." Chase warns them.

"Oh no! Dino Chargers, ready." Tyler says.

"Prepared to be crushed. Stone slab, multiply." Gold Digger laughs. "It's too heavy. We're sinking." Tyler realizes as he and the others struggle to hold the stone.

"What's that, another Zord? I'll bury them together." Gold Digger says as the Ptera Zord dodges it's attacks, but then appears to fall with the other Zord.

"I win! I'll treasure this victory forever. Ow!" Gold Digger yells as it looks to see the Zords.

"Surprise! The Ptera Zord saved us just in time." Tyler triumphantly reveals.

"Ha! We tricked him!" Shelby happily says. "Activate Dino Charge MegaZord, TriStegoPtera formation." They all say.

"Stego Saber, Lightning Charge. Final Strike." They says as they strike Gold Digger.

"I can't dig my way out of this one!" Gold Digger screams. "Now that's a buried treasure." Tyler says. "Yeah!" Shelby agrees. "Monster, extinct." Tyler says.

***

N-Zed music plays as the rangers, except Chase and Ivan, stand at the table waiting patiently. "What on Earth are you guys doing?" Quinn asks. "The customers, they hunger." Ivan says.

"Yeah, I really don't want to lose my job. I know you guys are guaranteed to work here due to being superheroes, but I'm not." Quinn says frustrated.

"Are they always like this?" Ivan asks.

"This stupid? Yeah, pretty much." Quinn replies as they're shushed by the others. "Shh! The song's about to end!" Riley alerts them.

"Oh." Ivan realizes as he grabs his new phone. Yeah, it took a while for Quinn and Riley to explain what a phone was and how it worked to Ivan. For a while Ivan thought it was witchcraft or magic. Quinn cringed at the memory. At least now Ivan knew how to text and call people.

Quinn pulls out her phone. Even though she wasn't really a fan of the N-Zed Boys, Shelby deserved to get tickets after what she just went through. And hey, free tickets are free tickets. She hadn't listened to that much of their music, so maybe it's good.

"It's sold out, but you can still win VIP passes to tonight's N-Zed Boys concert if you're our ninth caller." The radio announcer says. "Now." Shelby says as they all call the number.

"The boards are lining up. Looks like we have ourselves a winner. Hello, ninth caller?" The radio announcer asks.

"Hello? I won? Woo! Oh my gosh!" The man says.

That's it. Quinn was ready to kill whoever got those tickets. She knew she shouldn't hate someone for doing that, but she still did. Although the voice was oddly familiar.

"First, song make me want to punch radio. Now I love. I need concert." Koda angrily says.

At this point, Quinn was going to kill whoever got those tickets not just for Shelby's sake, but also for Koda's, and probably the others as well since Shelby converted them into N-Zed fanboys in the last few hours.

"Tell me, young man, what's your name?" The radio announcer asks. "My name is Chase, mate." Chase says as he and Miss Morgan walk into the room.

Ok, scratch that. Quinn is going to hug the winner instead. Koda and Quinn run up and hug Chase, or Quinn tries to hug Chase but Koda lifts him up in the air to high for her to reach. Same thing.

"Looks like we're taking the day off. Let's lock up and get out of here." Tyler says as everyone leaves, except for Shelby and Chase.

"Oh, Hey, um. . . I'm really sorry again about what happened. I need to be more careful with what I say. Teasing can really hurt people's feelings." Chase apologizes.

"So, does that mean you're not as perfect as you think you are?" Shelby asks.

"Pfft. Come on. No one's perfect. But, I'm as close as it gets." Chase jokes as they laugh. "Come on. Let's get those tickets." Chase says as they leave the cafe.

***

The concert was surprisingly good. Everyone danced to the songs and it was really fun. Quinn would be lying if she said the songs weren't good. Although, she might hate the songs if she hears Riley badly singing the wrong lyrics to N-Zed Boys songs again. The concert was able to drown out his singing, but during the ride back home she wanted to tear her ears off.

Quinn was surprised when Miss Morgan actually managed to have fun at the concert. She could actually have fun if she wanted to, which was pretty shocking. She would never admit it, but it was true. When they caught her quietly singing along to N-Zed Boys songs she gave them a glare with a mixture of embarrassment, shame, and hatred.

After the concert, everyone left with a smile on their face. Miss Morgan had driven them there in Quinn's car, even though Quinn drove to work in her car and somehow didn't crash. By the end of the night everyone was so tired that they practically face planted into the seats.

Shelby had gotten autographs from the members while Tyler had a jealous look on his face and was glaring at the N-Zed Boys which just made Quinn laugh. If looks could kill, the N-Zed boys would have died hours ago.

Quinn drove everyone back to their homes. Even though she had a broken arm she kept insisting that she could drive and said that if anyone else drove again that they would probably crash it into a fence, even Miss Morgan. Everyone tried to argue both times, but were too tired to bicker for too long.

Miss Morgan insisted on sitting in front and constantly helped Quinn steer. They were lucky they didn't crash into something. First, Quinn dropped off Kendall, Koda, Ivan, and Riley to the museum (Kendall insisted on staying at the museum to keep an eye on them and barely stays at her actual home), then Shelby at her apartment her father insisted on paying for (seriously, her father was rich from his ice cream business), and finally Chase at his apartment.

Since Quinn was technical support for the Rangers she saw and heard a lot of things. Miss Morgan was so intelligent that she somehow managed to engineer tiny cameras, or lenses, or something (Quinn still didn't fully understand what Miss Morgan told her, it was like that weird appearing hologram in the Iron Man suits) into the magically appearing suits.

When Chase was apologizing to Shelby, she saw that he really meant it. He could see and hear how guilty and sorry he felt for being rude to Shelby. She didn't really expect that from Chase of all people. She had only seen that side of him once, and she thought it would never happen again.

It made her feel bad about always hating him so much. She always thought of him as a guy who just used people, even though he's done so many good things. She always seemed to focus on the bad things he's done, and ignore all the good things. She was really just getting sick and tired of the constant hatred between them. She wanted to apologize, and that's exactly what she did.

"This is your apartment, right?" Quinn asks. "Yeah." Chase replies. "Cool." Quinn replies as Chase gets out of the car.

"Bye Quinn." Chase says as he's about to leave. "Wait, I want to apologize." Quinn says.

"For what?" Chase asks. "For being a jerk." Quinn says.

"When you teased Shelby I thought of you again as an oblivious jerk, but when you saved her. . I saw how sorry and guilty you felt. Now, I just kind of feel terrible for constantly judging you as an awful person. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of us hating each other, so I was wondering. . .

Do you want to try and be friends?" Quinn asks.

Chase was a bit surprised. Since the first day they met Quinn hated him. Seriously, the first time they met Quinn poured a Coke over Chase's head for flirting with her. Also, anyone who knew Quinn knew it was a miracle if she actually apologized for something.

"Sure. Besides, I never hated you anyway. I was a bit of a jerk to Shelby anyway, I understand." Chase says.

Quinn sighs in relief. "Good. I know that you're overall a good guy, especially with you saving the world all the time. I'm just sorry that I've been kind of been mean to you this entire time. You've never meant to hurt anyone. I hated you so much that before I was practically demonizing you. It was pretty bad, and I'm sorry for doing that." Quinn says.

"Hey, I said it's fine. I understand. Nothing to worry about, mate." Chase says.

"Ok. Thanks Chase." Quinn says. After an awkward silence Quinn says, "So, I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow." Quinn says.

"Yeah. Bye Quinn." Chase says. "Bye Chase." Quinn says as she walks to her car and drives away.

Quinn has a small smile sneak on her face. A year ago, if someone even said the idea of her and Chase being friends she probably would have laughed in their face. She now knew that Chase was a good guy deep down. He wasn't a womanizer, he was just a flirt. A weird flirt who also happened to be a stereotypical New Zealander who threw the word "mate" way too much, which she had teased him about many, many times.

He wasn't as bad as she always seemed to think of before. While she still did think Chase dated too many girls and shouldn't flirt with every girl he sees, she had noticed that he had been flirting with less girls recently and had tried getting into more committed relationships. She was actually kind of happy she could call Chase her friend now. She listens to N-Zed boys to remind her of the great night she had and smiles to herself as she drives home.

***
Author's Note:
That was the 15th chapter. Sorry that I haven't updated in a little more than a week. I tend to update once a week, not like the crazy amount of updates I was doing earlier since I was putting my story from Quotev on here. I'm also pretty lazy and was binge watching/reading/fangirling over BTS stuff. I honestly wish I had gotten into K-pop earlier.

Moving on from my weird ramblings, for the last scene I kept thinking of something that I could do with Chase and Quinn's friendship that could eventually lead to romance even though this story was originally meant to be a Riley/Quinn story, so I set up the poll (on Quotev, that's where my story is more popular at the moment, and I alerted you guys about it in a now deleted update. Sorry if you're not a person who reads updates, I sometimes skip over them as well)

As of the time I'm writing this, 28 readers have voted on it and I would like to thank you guys for helping me with this. I would also like to thank the other readers who didn't vote as well. Nearly half of you guys voted for Chase, so now Quinn's love interest in this story will be Chase. Sorry to all the people who voted otherwise.

Now Quinn and Chase are friends. I feel like Quinn is going to try and be friends with Chase, but of course still have a bit of hatred for him and get mad at him sometimes. That's just the way she is, but she'll become a better person and get more used to Chase as the story progresses.

I feel like Chase wouldn't really hate Quinn because he knows that she's right about some of the things she doesn't like him for and the fact that she can actually be a good, nice person to be around sometimes. He's someone who doesn't really take things too personally.

And before you say it, yes, I know how cheesy the end was. Since you guys (at least half of you guys on Quotev) wanted Quinn to be with Chase I'm not entirely sure what to do with episode 4 of DSC. You can comment ideas for it, and if I use it I'll credit you.

Good news for all the people who voted otherwise (and for people who voted for Chase). I plan to do a Power Rangers One Shots (well I plan to. If I do it it will probably have slow updates, but I'll try to update as much as possible.

Although, The Waitress and other OC stories will always be the stories I focus on.) and you guys can request one shots for The Waitress, Power Rangers (not in The Waitress), and AU's for The Waitress, just about anything related to Power Rangers.

It can be x reader, x oc, friendships, romance, or whatever. Just no smut. Some people write that, but I won't do that. (Or for fanfic translation, no smut). I don't like that stuff. You guys can request non-canon relationships that take place in The Waitress, future OC stories I write, or just Power Rangers.

You guys can request down below in the comments for this or in the comments for the one shots when I create them. I'll credit you if you requested the idea and I write it. I'll link the One Shots here once I create them.

I've also been wondering, should I add outfits and chapter theme songs to my story? What do you guys think? By chapter theme songs I mean songs that describe how people feel then, or what they're going through, or the mood of the chapter, or just describe something about the chapter, or whatever. I am not good at describing it, but I hope you get my point.

I also might want to add outfits as that can immerse you in the story more and you can see how Quinn dresses (which would also reflect her personality). Should I do it? Comment below if I should do it or not.

P.S. I just found out who the faceclaim for Quinn is. I took a nice looking picture from google that I felt would look like Quinn if she were actually in the show. For all the people wondering, her name is Emily Rudd. I think she's a model and actress.

I searched for the picture I used for Quinn in the story and after about 5 minutes of searching I found out it was Emily Rudd. I might go back and put a picture of her for each chapter and add a picture of her in later chapters as well. Since Emily Rudd has short hair in a lot of her pictures, in DSC Quinn's hair might become short. Only might, we'll see once I write DSC.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it.  I hope you all have a great day!

When Published: February 11, 2018
When Edited: July 18, 2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 74 25
"Your cheeks do look like strawberries." He said. Jodi immediately turned around and used her hands to cover her cheeks. "Are you going to tease me...
90.3K 1.8K 41
Alexander Oliver is the son of the legendary Tommy Oliver, who is actively trying to escape his hectic past. Little does he know that trouble will so...
38K 1K 44
✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:* π’π’†π’ˆπ’‚π’„π’š *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧ βΈ» β•°β”ˆβž€ π—™π—œπ—₯𝗦𝗧 π—•π—’π—’π—ž π—œπ—‘ π—§π—›π—˜ π—Ÿπ—˜π—šπ—˜π—‘π——π—”π—₯𝗬 π——π—¨π—’π—Ÿπ—’π—šπ—¬. ❝ When an army of powerful alien being...
46.6K 836 36
After two years away, Kylie has finally returned to Amber Beach to find Chase. And something else... But she's in for a big surprise when she returns...