Unforgettable Second Chances...

CeruleanBlues द्वारा

When Raine was just a child, someone had promised her that he would one day come back for her and they would... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (part one)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (part one)
Chapter 10 (part two)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (part one)
Chapter 13 (part two)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (part one)
Chapter 17 (part two)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - SPECIAL CAMEO
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Marcus' Wish

Chapter 8 (part two)

8.8K 262 6
CeruleanBlues द्वारा

So as promise, here's the update chapter!!

Whooooohoooo!!!!

I had hard time especially balancing my studies in college since I'm already in my third year (oh yeah!)  and writing in wattpad. So I might not always update daily or an interval of one day update and have to depend on a particular target update (probably I'll be updating twice a week)

This chapter is dedicated to my college friend for helping me for this chapter (I really have to thank her since if she didn't help me then I wouldn't have update  >.< )

More Gregory and Raine scenes...

Song of the day: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart by Chris Walker                                                      

(The song is actually a guy singing well, the title says it all, but for the this story's case, just think that its actually Raine singing the song... okay? ^__^ )

Note: Not edited

Love lots,

~CeruleanBlues~

 ===================================================================

After we tried some different cheeses that Lorenzo let us tasted, we also tried complimenting it with wine. Although, I’m not used to drinking those kind beverages but I must admit, wine and cheese does go well with your taste buds.

Lorenzo gave us some freshly made cheese and wine, as an honour to have an aristocrat visit his humble shop. Gregory, polite as he always he will be towards other people, accepted his offer. As we went back inside the car, he gave the small package to me.

“I think he really meant to give it to you, instead he gave it to me out of respect for my status being an aristocrat,” he explained.

I just gave a short nod. “Well, I might accept it and besides, it does taste good so it would be a waste to give it to you anyways,” I shrugged, and then let out a small smile.

Gregory just laughed about my comment as he started the engine.

“So where do we go next?” I asked looking at the side window. The country seems to be peaceful and carefree to look at, as if no problems existed.

“We’ll be going up to see the mountain side,” he replied casually.

I gave him an odd look. “Using this car?”

“Of course, not,” he chuckled lightly. “I’ll leave this at some parking slot, and we started hiking going towards the mountain, or better yet, we could rent some bike if you rather opt for riding instead of walking.”

I thought for a moment from what he said. “But I’m not wearing a proper attire for the activity,” I said, pointing at my clothes. I was only wearing a casual pink sundress that flows just above knee level, a laced brown boots, and a beret for my headwear.

“Does it matter?” he asked in an amused tone. “I’m not wearing one either.”

He does have point. I look at him at his position, and true to his words, he wasn’t even appropriate for the activity. I’d say he was too formal for biking. He was wearing long white polo sleeves beneath a navy blazer, red silk cravat and black slacks and shoes. Not the usual attire for a place like going up on the mountain.

I’ll admit that whatever type of clothes, even I’ve only seen him wear the usual formal outfit, he wear, it always looks good on him. I even wonder if he even owns normal clothes like other men, you know like a simple tee shirts, jeans, or sneakers. The typical get up for any normal guy that we seen every day.

I highly doubt about that, I thought as I grimaced.

Being an earl, and the next heir for the dukedom, I’d say he owns a lot of formal clothes, and I bet my Iphone 4s that he doesn’t even own a pair of casual clothes. I wonder what he looks like if he wore normal and not that fancy get up.

Maybe I can ask him to go shopping sometime, if he’s available with his schedule, and probably buy him a pair or two casual clothing. I nodded to myself proudly. Alright then, I’ll sure to ask him before I depart for California few days from now.

“We’re here,” Gregory announced, as he pulled over by the parking lot.

It didn’t took long for us to arrive, yet here we are standing below at the mountain that we’ll soon be stepping up. We went to a shop, and Gregory rented some bicycles and safety gears before we head out for the mountain.

“Do you know how to bike?” Gregory asked as he put his helmet on.

“What do you take me for a little kid that needs training wheels?” I asked sarcastically, while rolling my eyes. “Of course, I know how to ride. If I didn’t then I didn’t have to agree coming here with you, anyways.”

“Just checking,” he said as he shrugged.

Call it seventh sense or intuition, I know there was something more than just asking me if I know how to ride a bike. I narrowed my eyes at him. “What are you up to?” I demanded.

He sent me a childish grin that gave him a rascal appearance, despite of his clothes and age. “Well, since you know how to ride a bike, then there’s no point for me in taking easy on you.”

“Care to enlighten me with your sentence?” I waved my hand in the air.

“Let’s have race going up in at the middle side of the mountain,” he said while pointing the direction. “First one to get there makes them the winner and the loser has to do whatever the winner tells him to do,” he explained.

I nodded at him. “Alright, if I win you’ll tell me how you managed to persuade Belle in accepting your proposal.” I was still left hanging when he didn’t tell how Belle agreed to his hand in marriage when I demanded him back when we were out having grocery.

Gregory was a bit hesitant about my bet, but nodded instead. “And if I win, I want you to tell me the whole story why you broke the engagement with your ex-fiancé,”

I froze for a moment. How did he—

“Belle,” I grumbled silently to myself. I could not think of any other person to tell Gregory besides her. I’ll make sure muzzle her hard when I get back.

“So do you agree with my bet?” Gregory asked.

“I already told you about it when you drive me back home from the grocery shop,” I pointed out. I was trying to make him alternate his bet, because I know once I’ll tell him, I’ll start crying again which I’m tired of doing for the past weeks.

However, he still made a firm stand about his bet when he shook his head. “That’s just the gist of the story. When I said the ‘whole story’ I meant the whole story like the how, when and what happened you guys met, the whole engagement, then you decided to break up sort of things,” he said as he pointed each of his fingers.

Should I even tell him?

Besides from Belle from what happened back, there was no else who knew about my failed engagement, because I rarely want to bring up that kind of topic. It only made me feel depress and sad just repeating the whole story. I think Gregory, at least, deserved to know the truth about me since he offered me tour me around the country.

“Alright then, it’s a deal,” I finally said.

I noticed Gregory let out a breath, which made me think that he was holding to long as if waiting for my judgement to agree with his bet. “It’s a deal then,” he nodded, and then sent me one of his playful smiles, “Just make sure to relate your story as if I’m watching a tragic drama play written by Shakespeare on the theatre when I win the race.”

“I’d rather if you start practicing on how you are about to tell me of your persuasion for Belle to accept your proposal, when you see me win our little race to the mountain,” I smirked at him.

We both held each other’s gazes looking very competent and determined to win the race, before we started to laugh at our childish game. Even so, we settled ourselves from our starting point from mini race before we head out going to the mountain.

***

Few minutes later. . .

“Do you think you can change your bet?” I asked, still a bit irritated to the fact that I lose. Mind you, I could have won the race since I was an expert cyclist but because I haven’t got any pre-exercises when we started to race, I easily lost my breath.

Gregory shook his head. “A deal’s a deal,” he said while wiping his sweat on his forehead.

I just sighed. “I could have won even if I have to compete against you, still you have more force and stamina than me,” I commented as I head towards a bench and sat down.

He followed my steps and sat down beside me. “True,” he acceded, “but it won’t avert my attention that you have to tell me what happened between you and your supposed to be husband.”

I tried to open my mouth, but he interrupted me, “You’re trying to start another topic hoping that I would forget about the deal,” he gave me playful scowl.

I jus gave him an innocent look, but he just shot me a playful grin and said, “I didn’t received the title being the Earl of Sommerton for nothing if I’m easily fooled,” his face suddenly turned serious, “Spill it out, Raine.”

I just stared at him for a moment before I let out a heavy breath. “Its quite a long story, you know,” I said looking down on the ground, as if I’m ashamed about telling him.

Gregory took a quick glance at his wristwatch before saying, “There’s still plenty of time for me to listen.”

“Then, I suggest you should offer me your handkerchief or cravat, perhaps,” I told him. “This is quite the drama, and I say I’m sorry in advance because I’m pretty sure once I’m done telling you, I think you won’t need your handkerchief anymore since, it would be too wet from my tears.”

“I think I can manage,” he said softly.

I shot him a sad smile before I started to tell him my story, “Let’s start like seventeen years ago, back when Tyrell and I were still young . . .,”

I told Gregory everything and that also emerges the pain in my heart that I was  hoping it would heal, but somehow I think it will never heal. People say that ‘time heals all wounds’ yet it seems it still never happen to me. My heart would never heal and I know or maybe, I will never learn to love again.

Some say that if you really love that person you have to set him free, if he comes back then he’s meant for you but if he doesn’t then you were not meant to be. Well, the person did come back for me, but it so happens that fate had to intervene through another woman who came along to his life.

I set him free because I had to and because I don’t want to ruin a his life being leg-shackled to a woman who he will never have a romantic feelings other than friendship.

“ . . ., that’s the reason why I came here in Scotland,” I finished him telling my sad story. No doubt that my eyes were puffy red from the tears that came rolling. I was certain I was still in love with the one man I can never have.

Gregory was silent after I told him, so I nudged him gently with my right shoulder.  “See? I told you my story was quite the drama,” I attempted making a joke even though it wasn’t that successful.

He look at me and still kept his mouth shut.

It was getting a little ackward, so I tried to make another conversation but instead, what happened next was not what I was expecting. Gregory put both his hands on my shoulders, swiftly leaned forward and smashed his mouth on mine.

Eveything was starting to feel right and . . .

Coming back alive.

========================================================

Hmmmm,.. well that was a bit unexpected, huh?

What do you think happen next?

Comment and Vote!!!

Target update : Sunday (earliest) or Monday

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

4.3K 156 20
Raine had planned on ending it. Eda wasn't going to open up, and it was too much for both of them. Raine was sure of it. That was, until an unforesee...
Until I Find My Star Jenikim द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

94.1K 4.1K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
Unforgettable Promise {complete} CeruleanBlues द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

482K 10.7K 38
...."I’ll come back for you, after all, no matter how many years we are separated from each other, I’ll always be your knight. That’s my promise to y...
577 131 23
It all started on a rainy day in Paris when she meets the guy of her dreams, With out think that it would ever happen but it did. A lot of regret and...