The Light To His Darkness

By bonezzzzzz

In which Mason James finds himself falling for the innocent and naive girl named Lily Rose. When Lily's pare... More

Description & Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
The End
First Time
College
Second Book?
Sequel
help plz
plz read
New book!!

21

195K 5.4K 2.8K
By bonezzzzzz

L I L Y

"BS!"

Alex groans. "Dammit! How did you know?"

I giggle as he grabs the whole deck of cards and adds it to his.

It's been about twenty minutes and Alex has taught me how to play a whole bunch of card games.

I've also gotten to know him a lot more. His full name is Alexander and he's also a fighter. He used to live in New York until he moved here a few years ago.

"How much longer Ally?" I gave him the nickname 'Ally' because he got to give me one.

"He should be almost done by now Lulu." He tells me. "Come on, let's start again." Alex places the Ace card in the middle.

After another round of me winning, the door finally opens and in walks Mason. He looks tired and has another set of bloody knuckles. This time he has a busted lip and a cut on his eyebrow. 

"Masey!" I rush over to him. He grins and opens his arms for me to wrap mine around his waist. "Are you okay?"

He kisses the top of my head. "I'm fine, angel."

I sigh in relief and move to stand next to him as Mason wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"How'd they go?" Alex asks as he walks over to us.

Mason shrugs. "Same as always."

Alex grins. "That's my boy!" He ruffles Mason's hair, leading to Mason glaring at him while trying to fix it by running his fingers through it.

"I gotta run, but if you ever need a babysitter, i'm always free."

I glare at him for use the term babysitter, but he just winks.

"Thanks, see you tomorrow." Mason nods before they do their handshake.

Alex turns to me and grins. "Hug?"

I giggle and run into his arms before Mason can stop me. They aren't as warm as Mason's, but I'm not gonna tell him that.

Once's he's gone I turn to Mason and see him taking off his hand wraps again as he walks towards me.

I frown, looking at his cuts and busted lip. "Do you have a first aid kit?"

He nods and points over to his locker. "In there, top shelf."

I walk over and open the locker. I grab the kit and walk back over to him so I can lead him towards the couch.

"Sit." I instruct.

Once he sits down, I climb on top of him and straddle his lap, so it's easier for me to help him. His eyes widen and he places his hands on my hips.

Mason clears his throat. "Are you sure you don't wanna just sit next to me?" His voice sounds strange as he speaks.

I shake my head and open the kit on my lap. "No, this is easier."

He slowly nods and tightens his grip on my waist.

I begin to clean the cuts on his cheek and eyebrow, apologizing whenever he shows any signs of pain. I then move on to his busted lip and begin to clean off the dry blood.

Once i've cleaned everything, I lean in and peck his lips. He looks surprised by my action, with his eyes wide and his mouth slightly agape.

"All done." I grin.

His eyes darken and he leans in to connect our lips again. I kiss back gently, not wanting to hurt his lip anymore than it already is. When he notices that i'm holding back, he slides his arms around my waist and pulls me closer so my lips are now fully pressed against his.

All of a sudden, I feel him nip at my bottom lip, making me let out a small squeal. I quickly pull away while he chuckles.

"You still up for that date tomorrow?"

I shake my head and he frowns.

"What, why?"

"You're a fighter and you weren't ever going to tell me!" I say and this time I frown. "You still have more explaining to do."

He nods, hopefully understanding where i'm coming from. "I know." He starts to rub circles on my hips with his thumb. "How about I explain everything to you on our date tomorrow."

I shake my head again, feeling myself grow frustrated. "No, I said not tomorrow."

I want our first date to be special. I also want to know more about this whole fighting thing before anything happens.

I don't even notice that i'm scratching at my arms again until Mason grabs my hands and holds them in his tightly. He looks at me sternly. "How many times do I have to tell you? You can't hurt yourself like that."

I glare and slide off of his lap. "Can you take me home now, please?"

He mumbles under his breath and stands up. "Yeah of course, princess, just give me a second."

Once he grabs his car keys and his phone, he walks over to me and holds out his hand.

I just continue to glare at him, and he raises his eyebrow as if daring me to not hold his hand.

When I still don't grab it, he sighs, reaches out to do it himself, and laces our fingers together. He then brings our hands up towards his face and softly kisses the top of mine.

My glare disappears and my cheeks start to turn red. I look down and slowly rock on my feet.

"Come on." He nods towards the back door that I hadn't noticed yet

We head outside and I see that we're in a small parking lot. There's still lots of cars, even though it's late at night.

Mason pulls me closer to his chest when he sees a guy leaning against the brick wall, barely able to stand up

"Masey, maybe he needs help?" I wonder, looking up at him as we continue to walk.

He mumbles under his breath, something I could barely hear. "Everybody here needs help." He then looks down at me. "He's okay, he just had too much to drink Lils."

I tilt my head. "Did he drink too much apple juice? Or chocolate milk?" I wonder, looking back at the guy who is still struggling. Sugar does things to people. I would know.

Mason chuckles. "Yeah, he had too much apple juice."

I giggle and shake my head, "He's silly."

Once we reach his car, he grabs both of my hands and carefully pushes me back, so i'm now up against the passenger side.

He leans down and nuzzles his face into my neck. "I adore you, baby." He starts to softly kiss different areas of my skin, and I can't hold in my giggling when he gets to a really ticklish spot.

"Masey!"

He laughs and slightly pulls away so we're now face to face. "I mean it Lily, I adore everything about you." This time he leaves kisses all over my face, making me laugh as well.

"Okay, okay! I adore you too!" I say as I try to push him away from me.

He stops trying to kiss me and smiles. "Good."

He then leans down and actually kisses me. I bring my hands up and rest them on his shoulders as we continue to kiss in the middle of the parking lot.

I pull away when I need air and rest my head on his chest, sliding my hands down and around his waist so I can snuggle into his body.

"Still no date tomorrow?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 13K 15
"Mine." His low growl of possession took my heart and the fate of my panties. They were soaked through with arousal. Damn it. I stroked his face as h...
155K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
8.3K 344 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
823K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...