She's My Queen

By DustyPinkSkies

After a car crash, Natalie Reeds is thrown back in time to the 17th century where she wakes up as a princess... More

Chapter 2: Where Am I?
Chapter 3: To England
Chapter 4: Begin
Chapter 5: Baths And Things
Chapter 6: The Kiss
Chapter 7: Arrival
Chapter 8: Alexander
Chapter 9: I Can't Marry You
Chapter 10: Fate
Chapter 11: Can I Love You
Chapter 12: Death Day
Chapter 13: Reconciled
Chapter 14: Stay With Me
Chapter 15: As Night Falls
Chapter 16: More Lies
Chapter 17: Sorry
Chapter 18: Tears
Chapter 19: The Big Day
Chapter 20: Revelations
Chapter 22: Secrets
Chapter 23: Don't Leave Me Again
Chapter 24: Its alright
Chapter 25: Husband And Wife
Chapter 26: Dreams and Dread
Chapter 27: Love Fades
Chapter 28: Trust
Chapter 29: The Point Of No Return
Chapter 30: An old book
Chapter 31: Guilt
Chapter 32: Final
Chapter 33: Home
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 1: The Accident

98.5K 2.2K 979
By DustyPinkSkies

21st Century. Warm, humid afternoon. Brookside High School Parking Lot.

I hear them before I see them.

"Natalie! Natalie! Look over here!"

Damn it.

"Can you tell us about the new movie you're starring in?"

"Is it true that Nicholas Wilder cheated on Nikki Hades with you?"

Camera flashes. White starbursts.

"Is it true that you are pregnant with Nicholas Wilder's child?"

Look down. Ignore them.

"Natalie! Get in!" 

I look up and see my mother's Ford pull up in front of me, blocking the paparazzi. My mom's shrill voice cuts through the paparazzi's cries, "Natalie, get in! Now!"

I yank open the door and climb into the car. I glare out at the paparazzi still swarming around our car. A man brings his fist down on the window next to my face. I yelp, startled and very very annoyed.

"Tell me you're not in any kind of relationship with this Nicholas guy," my mom says as she pulls out of the school parking lot.

"Mom, not you too." I pull a bottle of Xanax out from my school bag and turn the bottle around and around in my hands. I keep my medication close, because I never know when I'll get another anxiety attack. They seem to be coming on more frequently these days.

My brother swivels around in the passenger seat to face me and grins. "Sooo, how is it dating Nicholas?"

"I'm not!" I nearly yell, "I'm so sick of this! Why would anyone think that a high school girl would go for a 30 year old married man?"

"Makes sense, sweetheart," mom turns and smiles at me, "don't worry, it'll pass. Getting caught in scandals means you're getting more popular. Soon, you'll be a huge star, like that Bella Thorne girl you used to watch on Disney channel."

"Mom..." I take a deep breath, "there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about."

"What is it?"

Here comes nothing... "I'm thinking about quitting acting..."

My mom glances back at me from the driver's seat, furious. "What did you just say?"

"I don't want to act anymore. I want to take a break. The paparazzi and all these scandals, I can't deal with them anymore. My anxiety, it-it's getting worse. I just want some time alone to heal..."

She shakes her head furiously. "Young lady. You are not giving up your bright futur-"

I groan. Of course, mom would never support me. She was the one who pressured me into becoming a child actor. She told me it would be 'fun', and that everyone would 'love' me.

And sure, I guess I sort of enjoyed acting out the lives of fictional people, but what about my life?

Being a celebrity isn't just about enjoying all the glitz and glamour. 

"Mom," I plead, "you don't understand... I'm miserable. Every minute of my day is written out on a schedule. I never get to have a full meal-"

"It's just a phase," mom interrupts me, "You'll get over it."

A lump builds in my throat. I should have known better. She doesn't care how I feel.

"Mom!" my brother suddenly cries out, "stop!"

"Ethan, this is between your sister and m-"

Ethan cuts her off, his voice frantic, "The car! Stop! Mom! STOP THE CAR!"

All of our eyes snap to the front of the car and widen with horror. "OH MY-"

Before I am able to react, the car swerves right and crashes into the truck in front of us. As the car flips over, all I can hear is my mother and brother screaming. The car lands on its back and bursts into flames.

I try to move but am numb all over. I expected pain, but I feel nothing. My eyes are open, but all of a sudden, all I can see is darkness.

Have I gone blind?

Or am I dead?

My heavy lids flutter close.

Is this the end?

Perhaps I'll be reborn as someone else...

Someone happier.

---------------------------------

"Catherine!" Feeling a pair of hands shake me gently, I groan and open my eyes. A girl, probably eighteen like me, dressed in a gorgeous green gown is staring down at me. I frown. She looks like one of those court ladies from period movies. And what did she just call me?

"You're finally awake!" She squeals, grabbing my arm and pulling me up into a sitting position. "King Edward is arriving soon! Aren't you excited?!" She giggles. "I hope he looks as handsome in real life as he did in his portrait!" She sighs, "Can't wait to see his eyes...those dreamy blue eyes..."

"Wait," I scratch my head. "What is going on? What king? What movie is this?"

The girl stares at me for a minute, puzzled. "Movie? What is that?"

"Oh god," I bury my face in my hands. "This is a hidden camera prank, isn't this?"

"Catherine..." The girl rubs my shoulder, looking worried. "What's wrong?"

I glance down at myself, noticing that I'm wearing a sheer white nightgown. I pick at it. Feels like silk. It has lace sleeves and embroidered gold roses. It's pretty, but I don't remember buying it. And I sure as hell don't remember how I got here.

Wait...there's something I'm forgetting...

"Oh shit!" I slap my head. "The car crash!"

Just then, a lady dressed in a white dress and brown apron enters the room. She curtsies. "Your royal highnesses, her majesty requests your presences in the throne room."

The girl grabs my arm, "It must be the prince! Get dressed! Hurrrry!"

I shake her off. "Stop this. Now. Whatever this is. I need to get to the hospital. I need to call a cab. Where's my phone?"

The girl and the lady exchange concerned glances. What the hell is their problem?

Groaning, I hop off the bed, run over to the window and gasp. "What kind of joke is this?"  I seem to be really high up in some tower. I lean out the window and peer down at the ivy covered stone wall. A sprawling flower garden with a sparkling lake awaits me below.

"Catherine..." the girl reaches for my arm but I shrink away from her.

"Stop calling me that!" I yell. "I'm not Catherine. I'm Natalie! And my family... Th-they they must be in the hospital. I-I need to see them." A tear rolls down my cheek, "It's all my fault. Mom was arguing with me..."

"Your royal highness," the lady says, "You need t-"

I cut her off, "shoes, I need shoes. And maybe fifty bucks. Oh right, do you know where my phone is?" She hands me a pair of sparkly heels. I frown. "No sneakers?"

She gawks at me, her face the picture of confusion. Sighing, I grab the heels and slip them on. No time to waste. My mom and brother are waiting for me. As I sprint out of the room, I hear them yelling after me.

"Damn it," I pant as I run down the hallway, "this place is a maze. But also kind of...pretty." My heels clatter against the gleaming white marble floor. Dazzling chandeliers with crystals as large as my fists and intricately carved gold statues of angels illuminate the halls. 

"Ow," I yelp, stumbling in my sky high heels. I bend down, remove the left one, and rub my sore feet. "Why couldn't they just give me sneakers?" I mutter to myself.

"And what are sneakers?" A guy's voice startles me.

"Oh my god! You scared me!" I cry out as I try to stand, forgetting that I only have on one heel. Before I am able to react, I am tumbling into a pair of rock hard arms.

I lift my head up and gawk at the attractive face above me. 

Blue eyes. Golden curls. Single dimple. Sexy smirk. 

He must be the main star for whatever movie they're filming. 

Like the lame person I am, I simply mumble, "Um. Hi. How you is? Uh-I mean how you are? Sorry...How are you?" Nice. Real smooth, Natalie. Real smooth.

He narrows his eyes but doesn't reply. I notice his crown and reach up to feel it. "You must be the king they were talking about. Nice crown. Actually feels like real gold."

Without speaking, he pushes me away, one hand protectively clutching his crown. I stagger backwards, almost falling again.

I glare at him. "Hey!"

"Who are you?" The guy asks, his voice serious and a little... mad?

"Look," I say as calmly as possible, "I need to get to the hospital and see my family. Can you please lend me your phone?"

"You want my...ph-phone?" He stutters the word 'phone' as if he has never heard it before.

I roll my eyes. "Seriously, what is wrong with the people here?" I pinch myself. How is this not a dream?

"Your royal highness!" A bunch of ladies in the same white dress and apron as the woman I had seen earlier rushes towards me. They drape a shimmery silver shawl over my shoulders and stare at my bare left feet in horror. "Princess! Do cover up your foot!" one of them nearly shrieks.

The guy suddenly bursts into laughter. He turns to me, "You. You are princess royal, Catherine of Scotland?"

"What? No!"

"Scotland's princess, running down the hall in a nightgown and with disastrous hair," he chuckles.

I run a hand through my hair defensively, "My hair looks fine! And I'm not a princess. I'm Natalie Reeds. Ever watch Twilight?" He looks confused. Okay... Maybe he's not into teen romance. "Ever watched Disney as a kid? I was in Shake It Up."

"Hmmm..." He frowns at me without replying. Leaning in, the guy grabs a piece of my hair and twirls it around his finger. His nose brushes against mine in the process.

I inhale sharply, feeling my cheeks grow hotter when I notice our lips are only inches apart, "ww-w-what are you doing?"

He smirks, stroking my cheek. "Such a beauty. It's a pity you're out of your mind...Although, you would never stab me in the back..."

I gawk at him. Did he just call me insane? "What are you sa-"

"CATHERINE STUART!" A loud male voice booms. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" The guy and I whirl around. A chubby man covered in expensive fur and a lady in a huge red dress is walking towards us, both looking extremely pissed.

"I am sorry, King Edward," the man apologizes before glaring at me. "My daughter hasn't been feeling herself lately. If you would like to meet any of my other daughters, that would-"

"No," the guy cuts him off, his gaze fixed on me, "she's the girl I want to marry."

------------------------------

Hey guys! I know she time travelled and people before probably don't speak like this, but I am using contemporary english for dialogue, because I feel like it's easier to write and understand. Also, I apologize for any historical inaccuracies! I haven't done a lot of research. Feel free to correct me! Comment or Vote if you enjoyed this first chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 1.3K 7
EVERYTHING IS A FIRST DRAFT Princess Anne has gone her whole life thinking she is due to be the first queen to rule Canlyra without a king in her way...
378K 11.7K 65
Elizabeth Connor, A former citizen of the village that despise her poor family. She's bright and shy, just like any other girl at her century. She ha...
1.4M 34K 40
AnnaMaria Romanoff grows up with an adoptive family, thinking that her biological parents were working class citizens of the country of Chirnova, who...
137K 5.5K 72
**PREVIOUSLY TITLED ABORTION** Niall Horan AU It's hard enough being pregnant, but it's even more difficult when that very pregnancy was the result o...