You Had Me At Hot Chocolate

By BethWorthington

Noah Williams has lived a majority of his life in hospital. Having been born with a heart condition he has ha... More

You Had Me At Hot Chocolate

11.5K 568 209
By BethWorthington

You had me at hot chocolate — Republished

Ever since I was little I had that nauseating feeling that someone was watching me. My doctor ruled it as the medication which was 'heightening my sences'. Ever since I was born I had a heart condition which left me unable to participate in many activities. Gym at school was out of the question so it left me on the side-lines watching everyone else having fun.

Not doing gym, having regular check-ups? That was one beacon for bullies.

I kept all my issues to myself and ended up keeping the pain from my parents too. Whenever I was in pain I had to immediately tell someone but I became so self-conscious that I couldn't. I clung to myself and 'slept it off'.

It was going well, well until that day. The day when I died.

They managed to get my heart started again though but after that nothing was the same. I was home-schooled and isolated from anyone who wasn't my mother. My Dad was concerned and tried to explain to her that I needed to be given some freedom or I'd end up being like an empty shell. That conversation didn't go too well because it ended with them both getting a divorce.

After my dad left my mum became depressed and wouldn't speak to anyone but me. She quit her job and she revolved her entire life around me. When I woke up...she was there. When I went to sleep...she was there.

Soon it became an unhealthy obsession with making sure I had the same daily routine every day. When my mum became too scared to even take me out of the house for my check-ups my doctor came over. When he talked to me and my mum separately he diagnosed her with a mental illness. Not only was I ill but it seems like my mum was doing worse.

A couple of months later it became painstakingly obvious that my mum couldn't cope. She caused an uproar stating that no one could look after me better than she could. On the opposing side stood my Dad who was more than willing to take me in because he was my father and wasn't ill in anyway.

Yet whilst the court hearing went ahead I was stuck in hospital because that was the best place for a person in my state.

It was true, my condition got worse and worse and then better and better. Soon enough it was clear that whilst this went ahead the nurses and doctors were my family.

*

"Noah, pack your things" Carrie; the nurse who had been tending to me for many years now, said as she dashed into my assigned room. She had a broad smile on her old crinkled face. She showed me a picture of her when she was a newly-wed. Size ten with a pearly white smile. The first wrinkle came when her husband cheated on her the first time, the second came when he cheated the second time and so on.

That's what marriage can do to you apparently.

"Why?" I asked, closing the novel 'The Maze Runner' which I had been addicted to recently. Carries etched smile remained as she went over to my cabinet where she got my suitcase out of. "Your dad won custody. As of today, you'll move in with him and his family" she explained.

My stomach tightened when she mentioned his new family. I knew he had found another wife yet I felt like I was in the past. The past you want to forget.

I wanted my Dad to be happy and watching me night and day will only frighten me. I don't want him to turn out like mum.

"Carrie-" Carrie shook her head, knowing what I was going to say. "No, I don't want to hear it. You've given me this speech before. Your Dad loves you and has fought for you for years, your special Noah. You have survived for this long because you are strong."

"Or because I practically live in a hospital" I muttered. She scoffed as she started piling my clothes into my suitcase. Scooting off my bed I picked up my Aztec back-pack and started putting my most important items in there. My camera, my book and a picture of my mum, dad and me.

Once upon a time we used to be a picture-perfect family who cuddled up on the sofa to watch the Simpsons. One of many side-effects of having my heart problem is that I am always cold.

After packing my things, which took a little over an hour, Carrie set my case down and I noticed tears welling up in her eyes. "Who will I have to watch Grimm with?" she sniffed. I rolled my eyes but smiled and went over to her before taking her in a huge hug.

"Perhaps you could go home...early from now on?" I asked which made her fake-gasp. "I have never heard of such a word. I don't think I could bring myself to do it, I'll probably end up pestering another nurse to let me help them" she pouted.

I laughed. "Could you take my case, I'll grab my things and meet you at reception" I asked, giving her a kind hint that I wanted to be on my own for a second. She nodded, "Of course sweetie" she took the handle of my case and wheeled it out of the door after her.

When the door shut I let out a sigh and looked around my white room. The only splash of colour in here was my blue bed-covers. Everything had to be sterile at all times and honestly, I had gotten used to it. I caught my appearance in the wall-sized mirror and sighed. I hated seeing myself; I was thin and so pale. My brown hair was floppy and left in a 'messy' style which I had heard is popular nowadays.

I wore black Doc. Martens with a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a baggy V-neck shirt which had such long sleeves that they draped over my hands. I liked to get sizes bigger because it kept me warmer than tightly-fitted ones. I was eighteen years old and looked around fifteen because of my baby-face.

Hitching my bag-strap over my shoulder I walked out of my room in a rush to rip the bandage off in one. When the door closed behind me I took a few breaths, calming myself down and sauntered to reception giving a few waves to people here and there.

In the reception around this time of day it was not-surprisingly, quite busy. People were rushing back and forth, pagers going off and people sobbing. I was used to it and managed to block it out. Right now all I was thinking about is the man, who looked very anxious, pacing back and forth with Carrie beside him trying to soothe him.

Dad.

He looked to her and nodded before replying. Carrie laughed obviously telling jokes about how much of a doofus I was. I watched as a smile formed on his lips as he looked at her but he obviously caught me in the corner of his eye because his mouth opened slightly as he looked at me.

Carrie turned sideways to see me and took a step back to open the space between him and me. I walked over feeling more nervous as I got closer to him. He was obviously feeling the same for a split second before he pulled me into the warmth of his arms.

"Baby boy" he sobbed as he clung to me. I wrapped my arms around him and closed my eyes feeling the familiarity of this man. He tilted my head up and I noticed tears streaming down his face. I chuckled, "You've gotten old".

He laughed and pulled me in a bone-crushing hug once again. "It's so good to see you, you look great" he scanned me over.

I silently thanked him for a false compliment. I didn't look great at all. My Dad used to be very handsome. His dark blue eyes used to shine whenever he smiled showing his dimples. He used to have dark brown hair which was always kept tamed and he kept his physique up to scratch too.

Looking at my Dad now I could tell he was tired. His brown hair now held the tint of grey which he didn't seem to bother about changing. His blue eyes seemed dull and the bags under his eyes were more eye-catching plus now he was just normal size instead of his original trimmed tone.

The one thing that remained, which I was thankful for, was his incredibly cute dimples. I inherited a majority of my characteristics from him but I still have a sickly glow on me which ruins the whole appeal. "Noah" I looked to see Dr. Mason walk over with a clipboard in his right hand. He was as professional as ever yet behind closed doors he was like Carrie.

"Dr. Mason" I smiled. He looked at me then pouted and pulled me into a big hug. "I'll miss you, kiddo" he muttered. I laughed patting his back through the hug until he pulled back and gave a professional cough.

"I've sorted out all the quantities of medication Noah needs to take regularly and have put all the numbers in of the people who have been assigned to your son throughout his stay. If you have any questions at all Mr. Williams then please call and we will tell you anything you need to know."

Dad nodded smiling, "Thank you Dr. Mason and you Carrie for taking care of my son." Was he going to start crying again?

The bleeping of Dr. Mason's pager alerted him that he had to be elsewhere. "Damn," he cursed then looked at it before looking back to me. He hugged me again and ruffled my hair.

"You are truly an amazing person Noah and I'm glad I met you." He praised and was then whisked away by scurrying nurses.

I looked to Carrie to see her welling up again. "I should go too, before I get fired." She explained making me nod. I would miss her. She was such a dork but she was like an older sister to me.

After hugging her for around ten minutes she walked off to see to a little boy sat in the waiting room. Dad grabbed my case and wheeled it out for me.

I took one last look around the hospital before walking out into the rainy weather of London. Dad made sure to park close to the entrance which was convenient only because I was too lazy to walk any further.

I got in the front passenger seat as he put my bags in the boot of the car before sliding into the driver's seat. He turned on the engine and I was glad that the sound muffled out the silence in the car.

As we drove I knew he wanted to ask how I was. "How are you?" I asked. Dad seemed shocked at the question but shook his head lightly, "I'm great. I'm finally able to do what I enjoy," he smiled to himself. He was an amazing architect and obviously got the job he wanted. "I work mostly from home now so you're going to be stuck with me a majority of the time" he joked.

I chuckled, "That's fine, I'm not used to being alone." I watched the smile falter for a couple of moments before widening again. "I'm glad, I don't want you to feel alone. I'm here, anytime you need me but I'm going to give you your own space- if you want it" he blurted the end bit.

"Dad, I'm seriously fine. I don't want it to be like what it was with Mum. I was suffocating in self-pity. Don't think I'm going to break if you take your eyes of me because I'm not. I'm a lot stronger now. I promise you" I said, just to get it over with.

He looked to me. "You didn't tell us when you were in pain" I watched the tears overflow again which made me take one of his hands and squeeze is reassuringly.

"I also promise you that I will tell you if there's anything wrong." I finalised. He looked at me, searching my eyes before nodding with a tiny smile playing on his lips.

"Good, now I hope you're hungry because Vanessa has cooked a feast for us tonight" he turned his attention back to the road and put his foot down when the traffic light turned green. I quietly sighed in relief that that was over with.

*

The house was beautiful which made me think that Dad had designed it. He seemed smug when I complimented the house.

The door was left on latch as we walked in. The echo of music from the kitchen gave the whole place a homely feeling. "I'm home!" Dad yelled making a squeak erupt from the kitchen. A woman popped her bonny head out and her smile widened.

"Noah! I've heard so much about you, you look just like your father" she ushered out before pulling me into a vice-like hug. I smiled and hugged her back, "Congratulations" she pulled back and looked to Dad who both stood with equally confused expressions on their faces.

I cocked my head. "You're pregnant, right?" I asked. Vanessa's eyes widened as she placed her hands on her plump stomach. It was barely showing but I knew the signs.

"Did you tell him?" Vanessa playfully smacked my Dad's arm but he shook his head. "I promise I didn't" he pouted.

I laughed, "A woman often visited to tell us stories to keep our 'spirits up' she was pregnant and I met her around the stage you're at now" I explained.

"Four months" Vanessa smiled rubbing her stomach. All pregnant women had a glow about them, which made all those around them, smile.

"We were a little nervous...since-" I stopped Dad halfway. I smiled at him, "I'm happy for you. I really am."

They both stared at me with love in their eyes. Vanessa came forth and kissed my forehead, "Chocolate or Vanilla?" she asked.

I blinked a couple of times wondering if I had heard her right. She laughed at my expression, "For the cake"

Oh. I smiled, "Vanilla please" she nodded and whisked her way to the kitchen. Heh whisked. I should really stop making silent jokes with myself. "Come on, I'll show you to your room" Dad said lifting my bag up the stairs. I followed behind him up the stairs, across the landing and finally to a room which seemed furthest away. He opened it and my eyes flew open in amazement.

The room was quite big which already made me smile. I didn't like confined spaces, my mum kept me locked away in the house so I was unable to escape. In confined spaces I feel like I'll never be able to get out again.

There was a big double bed against the middle of the far wall which had all shades of blues for bed-covers. To my left was a wardrobe which fit into the wall so it took up no space. The girly thought that passed through my mind was that I could wait to fill it.

To my left was a large wall-sized window which let all the midday light in. The window overlooked a public park which was filled with people sitting down at a café to get out from the rain. They still looked happy though and that made me feel better.

During my time in the Hospital I had come to like the hobby of people watching. Carrie used to mix it up and play the 'guess what they do' version which would leave us panting for breath from laughing too hard. A majority of the time I preferred to just see people as they are, in their own little worlds.

"Noah?" I looked to Dad and smiled widely. "I love it. It's perfect. Thank you" I threw it all at him and he smiled back, pleased with his efforts.

He set my case down and leant against a desk which was by the door as I eyed the bed. "Go for it, it's your room" he urged.

I smirked then ran and jumped on the bed landing with a 'pff' as the pillows flew everywhere and I moaned in comfort. The bed was deadly comfy. I won't be leaving it for a couple of days.

"Welcome home Noah" Dad said softly. I smiled at him then climbed off the bed with a lot of struggle because my body resisted and wanted to sleep already. We walked out of the room and down the hall to the top of the stairs and that's where I heard Vanessa's raised voice.

"Charlie, I clearly told you that we were having a family dinner tonight. I told you at least five times yesterday and you promised you wouldn't be a hassle" Vanessa snapped. I heard Dad sigh as we walked down the stairs.

"I'm here aren't I?" A deep voice demanded, acting like he wasn't in the wrong.

"Yes, with a date. Sorry dear but you're going to have to go, this is a family dinner and Charlie knows this yet wishes to rile me up more." I felt somewhat guilty.

Dad walked into the kitchen and I followed behind to see the table stacked with delicious looking foods. Vanessa stood with a serving-spoon clutched in her hand as she looked across the room at a guy who was obviously her son. He was the exact opposite of me. That's the first thing that came to mind.

He had dirty-blonde hair and green-ish eyes. On his neck was a tattoo, but I couldn't make it out because it went below his clothes. He had a black leather jacket on and a white shirt underneath which clung to him like a second skin; showing off his muscular abdomen. He was gorgeous.

The girl beside him was quite frightening looking. She leant against him to show that she was with him and wore a dress which covered little skin. I looked away then looked to Vanessa who had seemed to calm down when she saw me.

"It's fine, I don't mind catching up with you two" I said simply. Dad looked to Vanessa who sighed lightly and nodded.

"Let's go to that party now" the girl said pulling on the boys arm. He was still looking at me which made me feel anxious. After a couple of seconds I mustered up enough strength to look him in the eye and he let out a sigh.

"Stop whining Lindsay" he snapped and left the room. Lindsay blinked then stormed out after him, slamming the front door shut when they left the house.

It was silent before I took a seat at the table with a big smile. "This looks delicious, Vanessa" She chuckled and her sadness flew out the window as she took a seat in front of me and we started to talk about funny things that had happened to my Dad in the past.

*

I winced as the familiar pain spread throughout my chest. I got up from bed and went to the desk where the box was which held all my medication.

I opened it and got out the syringe and applied the liquid which would ease the pain. I brought the syringe gently to my right arm and injected it slowly. I tilted my head back slightly as I felt the instant pain-relief.

I took the needle out carefully and threw it in the bin before turning round to get a plaster but Charlie now stood there looking at me curiously. I dug through the box and found a plaster which I started to open. "Here" Charlie said taking it from my fingers.

He stripped back the papers protecting the stick and then gestured for me to put my arm out. I hesitated before holding my arm out. He looked at it and then applied the sticker over the tiny incision.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

"Don't mention it, goodnight Noah" he turned on his heel and walked out, shutting the door quietly behind him. He's the first person that didn't ask me if I was alright...or any questions for that matter.

I decided that I just wanted this day to be over so I climbed into my overly-comfy bed and drifted to sleep feeling completely relaxed.

*

"Morning Noah" Dad came over and kissed my forehead before going to the island in the middle of the large kitchen for his cup of coffee. "Morning" I smiled back.

"I hear you're going out exploring today?" He asked. I nodded, "It's a sunny day and I keep looking at that park over the road." He laughed but nodded, "We could meet there later for a drink this afternoon, I would do it this morning but I have a client" he suggested which sounded good to me.

I nodded. "Here you go" Vanessa walked in the room with a gift. She came over to me and handed it to me with a big smile on her face. "You didn't have t-"

"Nonsense, we wanted to." Vanessa wrapped her arms around Dad's lower waist as they both looked at me waiting for me to open the package. I pushed my bowl of cereal to the side and started un-wrapping the square package.

An IPhone.

"We want you to have the phone because since you're going to have the freedom to go out everywhere we want you to have it just in case." Dad explained. I stood up and hugged them both, thanking them.

"I've put Van, mine, Dr. Mason and Carries numbers in already." I nodded and took the phone out of the box. I've never had a phone because I was always around the people that would need to be contacted. I noted that Dad hadn't put Charlie's number in.

As I walked upstairs towards my room a door opened and two girls scurried out looking dishevelled. They looked at me and winked before leaving quietly. I glanced through the open door to see Charlie with his back to me. My eyes raked his body which had tattoos here and there. I saw a puff of smoke and that was my queue to leave. I walked to my room and shut the door quietly before going to my wardrobe to pick out something to wear.

I decided on a baggy long-sleeved cotton blue shirt and some dark grey skinnies with my Doc Martens on. To finish off I put a beanie on since it was my ears that got coldest faster than the rest of my body.

I put my new IPhone in my pocket and then took my Canon camera. I felt like I was brand promoter today.

I walked down to the kitchen to say goodbye to everyone to hear that Vanessa was fighting with Charlie again. "Noah" Vanessa immediately stopped when she saw me.

"I'm going out now, call me if you need anything" I said making her nod. "Will do, sweetie. Enjoy exploring" she winked making me laugh.

"Will do," I found myself looking at Charlie who looked back at me, he was wearing his usual black and greys which really brought out the colour of his eyes. "Bye" I said softly to him then walked out.

When I was outside I made my way across the road and to the park which I had been staring at for a while now. I walked down the long path which went all around the large lake. I took lots of pictures and soon ended up sitting down under a willow tree on the grass. It's been ages since I've been alone and it's nice.

"Hi there!" Or not.

I looked to see the two girls I had seen earlier come from Charlie's room. They were in different clothes and looked completely different. They sat down beside me with big smiles on their faces.

"I'm Hayley and this is Rashel, sorry we met you in that situation" Hayley pouted flashing her big brown eyes at me. I shook my head, "It's fine, what goes on between you guys and Charlie has nothing to do with me"

Rashel awed making me more confused. Hayley shook her head, "We're not like that, we were only wearing that get-up because there was a wild party last night and we were dared to get Charlie to sleep with us. We got fifty pounds out of it so fancy having a drink at the café, our treat?" Hayley asked.

"No no, it's fine." Rashel stood up and stepped in front of me holding out her hand, "We insist cutie" she winked making me sigh, giving up, and sliding my hand into hers.

She pulled me up and I helped Hayley up. We walked along the path back to the entrance where the Café was. They ranted on about the party last night which I really didn't pay attention to.

We walked into the Café and it was fairly busy. Hayley shooed Rashel and me away to go find a table after taking our orders and Rashel didn't hesitate. She yanked me over by a four-seated table by the window. I sat down and took off my Camera, putting it beside me as Rashel took off layers of clothing.

"Just to clear this up, Hayley and I really do want to be your friends. We don't want you to think we're using you to get to Charlie. You seem like a sweet guy who is frankly adorable" Rashel blurted making me blink a couple of times before thanking her.

When Hayley came over with our hot chocolates they started, again, ranting about their lives. They're step-sisters and have lived here their entire lives. Apparently this is one of those places where no one leaves and no one enters so when they saw me they knew immediately that I wasn't from around here.

"So tell us about you Noah" Hayley smiled. Rashel had stopped looking at her phone to look at me too. I sighed a little, "Not much to tell really"

"Fine, we'll ask and you answer" Rashel winked. I shrugged, it seemed reasonable.

Hayley tapped her chin, "Let's start off easy, how old are you?" I sipped on my hot chocolate then put it down "Eighteen" I replied and continued drinking.

They nodded. "Where were you born?" Rashel asked. "Yorkshire but moved to London a couple of years ago"

"No way have you been living here for years, we would have seen you at least once" Hayley said a little loudly for comfort. I shook my head; I knew I'd end up having to tell them anyway.

"For the past couple of years I've lived in a hospital" I replied making their eyes widen as they slowly set down whatever was in their hands. "I have a heart condition which used to be really bad but now I'm out and feeling much better so please, don't treat me any different." I silently begged.

They continued to stare at me then smiled. "Ok! Do you have a phone; we'll put our numbers in." Hayley asked. I got my new phone out and handed it to her. She smiled happily and then passed it to Rashel who put hers in.

After having three hot chocolates they forced me to take them back to my new house. Dad and Vanessa were out because if they were in they would usually be in the kitchen chatting amongst themselves. I walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on.

"Making another hot chocolate?" Rashel asked plonking her butt on one of the high-chairs. Hayley took a seat beside her step sister so they both ended up staring at me from beneath their freakishly long eyelashes. "I'm always cold," I shrugged as I turned to get a mug out of the cupboard, "warm drinks are the way to my heart" I informed them as a joke but they seemed to swoon making me glare at them.

"I'll make sure to note that down" We all looked to the entrance of the kitchen to see a half-naked guy stood there with a smirk on his face. "Jake" Hayley and Rashel hissed at the same time. Jake glanced in their direction before rolling his eyes, "What, are you two that desperate that you're sucking up to Charlie's little brother to get to sleep with him again?" He mocked which made them grind their teeth together. This Jake person scoffed at them before looking back to me. He ran a hand through his short brown hair; whilst flexing his muscles. I really didn't know where to look. The kettle clicked, telling me that it had boiled. Keeping myself level-headed I grabbed some cocoa powder and put some in my mug before going over to the kettle. As I was pouring it I felt someone saunter up behind me. Before I could respond two arms came down either side of me. "You smell nice" Jake purred leaning closer to me so my back was firmly pressed against his front. I could feel something hard prodding at my thigh.

"Thanks, I'm not sure you need to be this close to tell me that" I replied acting dumb. He laughed sending chills throughout my body. "You're cute"

I turned to face him and instantly our chests were inches apart. He looked me over closely with his prominent smirk. "I need a spoon" his smirk grew as he raised a brow. "Oh?"

I ducked out of his grip and went to the draw by the island where I got a spoon out and waved it at him. "Yes, a spoon." He laughed and leant back against the side where my hot chocolate was. This guy was coming between me and my hot chocolate- this was war.

"Jake, stop it" Hayley stood up protesting but Jake kept his gaze locked on me. "Shut up. Charlie's in his room banging some chick so go join them and leave us alone" Jake snapped at them both.

"Hayley, Rashel would you like a drink?" I smiled kindly at them making them both look to me. "I could go for another hot chocolate" Rashel asked making me nod.

"Of course," I looked to Jake and frowned, "They're my friends and if you have a problem why don't you go join Charlie instead of bugging us?" He seemed momentarily startled before laughing again and walking over to me. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me against his body.

"Jake," everyone tensed when Charlie's voice filled the room. We looked over to see him stood by the doorframe with a cigarette to his lips. "Leave Noah alone"

Jake pouted at the order but looked back to me. I glared at him which made him smirk and slide a hand down onto my ass cheek. He gave it a light squeeze before stepping back and walking out of the room. I could feel the blush on my cheeks as I let out a couple of breaths of relief. I could hear my heart racing which was reassuring; glad to know it's still working.

"You okay?" Charlie bluntly asked looking at me with an emotionless expression on his face. I nodded and went over to my hot chocolate and begun stirring it. I heard him walk away and when I heard his door shut I looked to the girls who seemed to have been holding their breaths too. "Talk about sexual tension" Rashel mumbled.

"Shut up" I said jokingly and went to get two extra mugs out.

*

"Oh wow" I gasped looking at Vanessa's ultrasound image of my soon to be half-sister. So far she looked like an alien which is to be expected at two months. Dad stood behind her with his hands firmly placed on her plump belly. They looked so happy together which made me all the merrier.

"Looks like she's waving too" Vanessa commented making me laugh. "Have you thought of any names?" I asked. Vanessa and Dad looked to each other before looking back to me as if to reply but before they could Charlie butted in. "How about unwanted?"

I looked over my shoulder to see him stood there, just having returned from god knows where. "Put that cigarette out and don't you dare speak like that!" Dad barked. I had never heard him shout like that before. Charlie's uncaring attitude pissed me off too. He thinks he can get away with everything.

Why couldn't he just be happy?

"Again with the orders, you ain't my dad." He was nineteen from what my Dad told me and right now, he was acting like an adolescent child.

He spun on his heel and slowly walked off towards his room. Dad stepped away from Vanessa to go talk to him but I stood up, stopping him in his tracks. He looked to me curiously. "Let me talk to him." I smiled warmly at them both which instantly calmed them down.

Vanessa touched Dad's forearm and he looked to her before nodding lightly. "Alright" I handed him the ultrasound picture and walked off towards his room. As I got closer the heat of my rage grew.

At his door I didn't bother knocking as I threw open the door to see him leaning against his open window smoking. "Of all the people-" I held up my hand making him stop immediately.

"I don't care about your rebellious childish act. My dad is a good man, one of the best, and he deserves some damn respect." I snapped. He threw his cigarette out the window before shutting it. "Is that so?"

I frowned, "Your mum is one of the nicest ladies I've met and she doesn't deserve your crap either. They are happy and you are driving a knife right through that." He scoffed then glared at me, "She's only being the nicest lady you've ever met because you're a damn victim".

I blinked a couple of times, "How am I a victim?" I hissed. He laughed at that and stepped closer as the heat of this conversation grew. "You're acting like a victim right now. You claim you wanted to be treated equal so here it is. You are using your condition as a way to get friends, perhaps it worked in hospital but welcome to reality, little boy"

Before I knew it my hand connected, forcefully, with the side of his face. The sound of the slap echoed through the room. He slowly turned his head towards me and he didn't look amused. "I'm not acting like a victim Charlie, it's called being respectful to the people who have fought my entire life to get custody over me. I don't give a shit how you treat me but don't you dare take it out on my Dad or your mum who are amazing people."

He just continued to stare at me after I had stopped talking. His fists were clenched and his chest was rising and falling quickly. I scoffed and walked to the door before looking over my shoulder at him, "I'm a genuinely nice person but this is needed. Grow the fuck up Charlie" I walked out slamming the door shut behind me.

I walked to my room and sat on the edge of my bed where I let out quick breaths. 'You are using your condition as a way to get friends' his words echoed through my mind making my skin prickle. I walked over to my mirror to see that I looked paler than usual. My clothing was baggy and unappealing which I guess gave off the 'what's wrong' appeal. I had to become stronger and knowing that I couldn't do the gym because it would exert my heart I will have to mentally become stronger.

I caught sight of my phone in the mirror which gave me an idea. Hayley and Rashel. They had become my friends before finding out my condition. I fuddled with my phone before finally ringing Hayley.

After a couple of rings she answered, "Hello, Noa- turn the music down!" Hayley shouted making me wince and pull the phone away from my ear slightly. When it went quiet on her end of the phone she cleared her throat before acting sociable, "Hey NooNoo, how may I assist you?"

"Please don't make NooNoo a genuine nickname. It's not good for my masculinity" I silently begged which made her laugh, "Okay NooNoo, what's up?"

Ignoring the nickname I pressed on with the issue at hand. "I want you and Rashel to make me look less like a victim and more like a guy you don't mess with" I explained which made Hayley hush on the other end of the phone.

"What did Charlie do?" she asked with a groan. Damn she was good. I scoffed, "Nothing of consequence. So will you help me?" I asked. Hayley laughed, "Of course we will NooNoo. We'll pick you up within the hour to hit the mall." The line then went dead making me look left and right. "Hello?"

Well she was abrupt. I threw my phone onto my bed as I stripped off and hit the shower quickly.

*

"First, the hair" Hayley commented as soon as we stepped through the doors of this gigantic shopping centre. "W-what's wrong with my hair?" I asked bringing my hair up to it. They glanced at me as if to say 'what isn't wrong with it'.

"Babe, the mop look isn't fashionable anymore. It's more the quiff look nowadays" Rashel said with her step-sister nodding in agreement beside her. "Definitely"

"Ugh, fine." They pulled me, each with one arm, to the barber which was relatively close to the entrance. Inside were a few people who looked our way when they saw two eighteen year old, attractive girls, pulling a protesting guy into the room.

"Afternoon', how may I help you?" A guy asked with a strong Geordie accent. He had many tattoos filling his body- well from what I could see and it suited him. "Our boy wants the quiff" Hayley explained shoving me forward making me glare at her but she smiled innocently. I stood up straight and looked at the guy who was examining me. "Very well, come with me. I'll do you" dirty thoughts, dirty thoughts, dirty thoughts.

In all honesty I could feel my inner-gay Noah peeping and I wasn't denying it. Life was too short to worry about such trivial things. I am out of hospital and I want to be what I am with whoever is around.

I sat down in the chair and the guy draped an apron over me and tied the backs. He ran his ringed-fingers through my hair tugging it back and looked into the mirror; right into my eyes. "You'll suite a quiff, it'll show more of your cute face" he said making me flush red.

"Ooo" Rashel and Hayley nudged each other with winks making me grumble. "Ignore them. If you don't respond to them they get confused and leave you alone" I whispered making the guy laugh. After he washed my hair giving me a pleasurable head-massage he started chopping away. As more of my hair fell to the ground around us I couldn't help think if I was going to regret this. Bit late now.

As soon as he started he was finished. "What do you think?" he asked. I gulped and finally looked at my reflection. My eyes widened in shock. "Wow" It looked great- I looked great. He gelled the quiff to the right and feathered the short strands on the left.

"You are so cute" Hayley squeaked jumping up from the chair she was told to sit in. I rolled my eyes, "Not what I was going for" the stylist cocked his head and smirked, "Well I think you look sexy."

Once again I blushed. Standing up I handed him the apron back and he gratefully took it. "How much do I owe you?" I asked sweetly. He shrugged, "My dad owns this place. If you promise to let me take you out on a date then I'll give you this haircut for free" he bribed.

Over his shoulder I could see Hayley and Rashel nodding like crazed bobble-heads. I looked back to him then nodded; "Sounds good to me" he nodded then led me over to the till and got a pen and a slip of paper. He jotted something down before handing it to me, "Call me".

I put it in my pocket, thanked him then walked out. Hayley and Rashel went into a fit of giggles as soon as we left but I had to remind them that glass is transparent and they could still see us. They held it together until we were around the corner and they dragged me to the clothes shop.

For around an hour they scurried around different shops demanding I buy all sorts of different clothes until finally I had had enough and went to Costa to buy myself a drink whilst they continued scouting.

I plonked down in one of the big comfy sofa chairs and flung my dozens of shopping bags on one of the others. With a sigh of relief I got out my phone and flicked through it as I sipped on my caramel Frappuccino.

I flicked through my contacts and saw Carries name. A pang of guilt twisted inside of me since I had yet to call her to tell her how things were going. I checked the time which read half past five. She would be finished her shift by now.

Clicking her name I brought my phone to my ear. "Noah! What's wrong, your med ki-" she screamed down the phone making me wince. "C-Carrie no I'm fine. I just called to see how everything was going" I replied.

I heard a heavy sigh. "Gosh, a little prior warning would be great. Everything is fine, can't wait to get home and stay in bed for the next two days" she explained. I smiled knowing Carrie was an extremely hard worker.

"Glad to hear it." I heard her rustling around in her apartment before asking me how I was doing. "I'm great. Everyone's treating me well and I've made new friends and such. We live near to this park and the scenery is gorgeous- I'm planning on getting up really early someday and getting a shot of the sun's reflection in the lake as it rises." I ended up rambling down the phone which made her chuckle.

"I'm glad to hear that you haven't changed and you're doing well. You sound lots happier Noah, I'm glad" I smiled down the phone. "I am, but I still miss watching Grimm with you"

She laughed, "Have you seen the new episode? Damn I was screaming at the television but he wouldn't listen- it was almost as if he couldn't hear me" I laughed as she sounded like a lost child who was on the verge of realising that Santa didn't exist.

"I'm sure things will turn around, he's always good at getting out of tricky situations." I reassured her making her sigh. "I hope so Noah, I really do. Now child I'm going to go to the spa and listen to soothing sounds of nature," she informed me as if she was in a trance, "also known as my bath with my stereo blasting relaxing music."

I laughed. "Ok Carrie, you enjoy the spa. I'll talk to you soon- byeeee" I ended the call then set my phone down. With a relaxing moan I sipped on my drink.

"Ah-hm" I looked to see Hayley and Rashel stood at the edge of my table with their hands on their hips. "Hey," I gestured to the seats around me, "take a seat...want a drink?" I asked trying to bribe my way out of it and judging by their immediate smiles- it worked.

On our way back Rashel shoved her phone in my face. "Jake's having a party tonight and we've been invited" I looked from my phone to hers and raised a brow.

"I thought we didn't like Jake?" I asked. "We don't," Hayley spoke up, keeping her eyes on the traffic, "But free alcohol and hot guys- who's complaining?"

Be strong. I nodded, "Let's go back to yours. I'd rather say I'm staying at yours than going to a party to my Dad and Vanessa. I'm the angel child out of me and that bastard" I said making Hayley and Rashel glance at one another.

"So it did have something to do with Charlie" Hayley announced making me mumble. "Come on NooNoo, tell us what happened" Rashel said. I glared at Hayley for getting Rashel into the whole NooNoo façade. After debating whether or not I should tell them I gave up, "He said to the face of my Dad and Vanessa that my future sister is unwanted," the girls gasped and started cursing him. "I went after him and he said that I was a victim and used that as an excuse to get friends. After that was said he received a hard slap around the face from me" I finished making the girls woo.

"Good on ya', that prick had it coming" Rashel winked.

Hayley nodded in agreement and put her foot down when the traffic finally cleared. We speeded back to their place and collected our massive amounts of bags before walking into their home. It was a traditional house with a homely welcome. There were loads of pictures of the family sprawled out all over the place. Judging by the pictures there was the mum, dad, Rashel, Hayley and a little brother. "Hayley, Rashel you still haven't done your chores" A woman walked out of the kitchen with an apron on which had a woman's slender figure in a bikini and then an arrow pointing up, below it read 'Eyes up here, buster'.

"Oh, hello" she greeted me but looked wary. "Mum, we told you we were going to the mall earlier." Hayley whined. Rashel nodded beside her.

"I didn't realise you'd be gone for so long- whose this?" she asked looking at me. "I'm Noah Williams" I greeted with a friendly smile. She blinked then stepped forward and shook my hand. "You seem like a genuinely nice young man Noah" she complimented.

"You got that from me saying I'm Noah Williams?" I asked making her laugh. "Dear, your aura is bright and fluffy. Truthful, trustworthy, committed and genuine." Oh wow.

"Mum, there's a party tonight so we'll be going to that. Give Jax the day off tomorrow and we'll do his chores as extra" Rashel decided making Hayley's jaw drop as she gawked at her sister. Rashel glared at her making Hayley shut up.

"Fine, do that" Their mum scanned them over with a curious glare before nodding. "Very well, would you like anything to eat or drink before you head out?" she suddenly turned chipper again; mainly directing the question to me.

"No I'm fine thank you" She nodded and walked back into the kitchen. "Thanks for the offer" Hayley yelled at her mum before charging upstairs with all her bags. I followed them both up and when we finally reached their room I was hit with the scale of it.

My jaw seemed to drop as I looked around. Rashel dashed up the other set of stairs which her queen-sized bed was on. "We love each other but we need to have some space sometimes." Hayley explained.

"Yup, the different levels does wonders. Hayley, what's Noah wearing tonight?" Rashel asked over the balcony. Hayley tapped her chin, "The black cotton?" she suggested.

Rashel shook her head, "Too casual"

"White polo?"

"With the black leather jacket?"

"Yeah with the light blue skins"

"Oo then the Doc Martens to finish"

"Spiked bangles?"

"Right arm"

"Not too casual but not too stripper"

"Perfect"

I blinked a couple of times...having no clue what the hell they were talking about. They both looked to me. "Why are you just standing there? Get the outfit ready" Hayley ordered.

"Uh..."

Both girls scoffed, "Boys" Hayley stood up and gestured for me to take a seat. "We'll get changed first then gussy you up. How about you take this time to text hot hairdresser so he has your number" Hayley pretended to hint but in reality that is what she was ordering me to do.

I went and took a seat on the sofa by the walk in wardrobe and pulled out my phone. Rashel and Hayley took their bags into the wardrobe and shut the doors behind them. Rolling my eyes I looked to my phone and got out the piece of paper from my pocket.

I typed in his number then new message: 'I never did get your name. If we're going on a date don't you think I should at least know that much? From Quiff.'

Decent enough. I sent it and then phoned my Dad to let him know I'm staying at a friends'. His attitude was crossed between thrilled and wary. I knew he was still concerned for me but I wanted to let him know that I would be fine on my own.

Once I ended the call with him I noticed a new message. I opened it and smirked.

'Glad to hear from you Quiff. Thought you'd ripped me off for a second there, I'm Luke. What about you, oh so mysterious Quiff'

Hitting reply, I knew what to say:

'Hm, perhaps I prefer being the mysterious type? But seeing as you gave me an amazing free haircut I guess I could let you in on my little secret. My names Noah.'

I looked up from my phone as Rashel and Hayley strut out in dresses that stopped half way up their thighs. I couldn't stop my eyes from trailing up.

So much skin.

Rashel wore a dark blue tight strapless dress which shoved off her slim body as Hayley wore dark green colour of the same dress. "Wow" was all I managed.

They smirked at each other. "Just the reaction we wanted. Let's go apply our faces- two seconds more" Rashel winked and they went in different directions. Knowing it would take another hour I returned my full attention to my phone.

'Noah hm. Can I jump in your arc?'

I rolled my eyes.

'My arc is full. Nice try though.'

I laughed to myself which earned the glares off two curious hormonal girls. I acted innocent and pretended I was playing a game which they seemed to believe and look back to their magic mirrors on the wall.

'Damn it. Worth a try though? Well, I need to get on with some work before I get dumped by the curb on my ass. Text you later Noah Quiff'

I smiled at the text but didn't reply and put my phone back into my pocket just in time for the girls to finish with their faces and to walk over to me.

"Alright, get in there and strip. We'll pass your clothes through" Hayley ushered me into the wardrobe which was filled with all types of girly things. Yeesh.

I looked from the ground to the crack in the door and was suddenly hit in the face with a shirt. "Ow" I groaned.

"Chop chop" Rashel snapped. God they're scary when it comes to free alcohol. I took off my clothes and put on a v-neck white polo shirt which fit perfectly. Flying in came the light blue skinny-jeans but I was prepared and quickly put them on. They hugged my butt quite tightly. One after the other came my black Doc. Martens.

"That could have knocked me out" I yelled. "I wonder if he'd work faster if he was unconscious" Rashel muttered to her sister who snickered back. I scoffed and put my shoes on and tied the laces. I flung open the door and their eyes widened as they absorbed my appearance.

"I'm so proud of us" Hayley fake sobbed clinging to her sister. "We're so amazing, I know" Rashel replied. I pursed my lips and gestured for them to give me the padded black leather jacket. Rashel threw it to me and I slid it on.

"So comfy" I whispered and snuggled into it. "You've gone from sexy to adorable again" Hayley noted making me curse. "Finally, the spikey bangle" Rashel came over to me and took my bare wrist.

"I knight thee, Noah Williams, our new best friend" Rashel said in the deepest voice she could muster as she clipped the bracelet around my wrist.

"Oh what an honour" Hayley wiped a tear and clapped her hands together quickly. "You two are crazy, you know that?" I asked.

They shrugged. "Without a little bit of crazy in your life, there is no life" I blinked a couple of times, "Who came up with that biased notion?"

Hayley looked at me, "I did. Duh"

"Speaking of notions, we're going to be fashionably late" Rashel squeaked. All hell broke loose then. Hayley and Rashel grabbed their purses, I grabbed my phone, we sprinted down the stairs, said goodbye to their mum, got in the car, ended up having to go get petrol, Hayley tore her dress which nearly resulted in Rashel having to give her the Heimlich remover, the dress was repaired, we sped off in the car and nearly died twice, we got there and couldn't find a parking space so we parked two blocks away, Rashel broke her heel whilst walking and then FINALLY we reached the front door.

I was horrified. Remind me to never get in the car when Hayley's behind the wheel again. The girls forced smiles on their faces as they walked into the large house first. Music vibrated the floorboards as we took steps inside.

People were dancing, making-out, drinking, singing and playing games- no not like Cluedo; more like beer-pong and strip-shots.

This was technically the first party I've ever been too- if you didn't count the discos at the hospital. Those old people can dance.

Hayley and Rashel fit in right away. Greeting friends with kisses on the cheeks or tongues down throats- you know...friendly stuff.

Hayley disappeared when I took my eye off her for one second so I was left with Rashel who took my hand in hers. "Yeah, we won't see her for the rest of the night. Let's go get a drink?" she asked.

I nodded and she led me through the obstacles of people and into the kitchen which looked like a bombsite. "What's your poison?" she asked me with a cheeky wink. I shrugged, "What are you having?"

She tapped her chin and rummaged through the bottles of alcohol before pulling out Jager. "Let's start this night off with a boom" she reached for a Vodka bottle and mixed the two together into two little shot glasses.

She lifted them both up and gave me one. I took it and she clanked them together, "Three, two, one" we both tipped them down our throats and I winced as it burnt my throat then I coughed.

"Holy hell" I gasped. Rashel laughed, "Just remembered, that was probably your first alcohol drink right?"

I nodded making her laugh more then hug me patting my back. "You did well, come on let's go find some lads" she winked pulling me outside the backdoor. I heard splashes and squeals. Interesting combination.

"Noah," we looked to see Jake walk over in swimming-shorts, "Wow. You look fuckin' hot" Jake stole me away from Rashel who seemed reluctant but gave up when she saw some guy she recognised.

Jake pulled me close looking down into my eyes with his intense brown ones. "Do you ever wear clothes?" He laughed, "Why should I? They're just going to be taken off later anyway" he winked.

What a dickhead.

"Yep, that's nice. I'm going to go elsewhere now" I took a step away from him but he pulled me back. "Baby, don't be like that" he purred.

I pushed away but he was strong and managed to keep a firm hold on me. "Jake" I warned. He looked at me wondering why I had said his name so sternly. After a couple of minutes he pulled back, "Fine, whatever. Wouldn't want a guy who has a heart-attack half way through sex anyway" he muttered and I looked at him shocked.

"W-what?"

He looked at me, "Charlie's my best mate so of course he told me about his problematic little brother." I gulped and took a step back keeping my head down. I didn't want him to tell anyone else. I didn't want to be pitied- even if I never saw these people ever again.

"Don't tell anyone" I muttered.

Jake perked up, "What do I get to keep quiet?" he asked stepping closer to me again. I looked up at him and then scoffed.

"Nothing you want, you disgusting pig" I defended myself the only way I knew how and that was to hitch my knee up as forcefully as I could and hit him in the balls. He gasped and fell forward so I quickly stepped back as he collapsed in front of me.

When people started to gather I ran off and didn't stop until I got to a quiet place which was the front yard. I plonked myself down on one of the benches and tried to slower my heart rate. I was hunched over and I could feel sick rising up my throat. I had never had alcohol before and I really wish I hadn't tried it.

I tried tilting my head back to get more air into my lungs so I couldn't be sick but it all came crashing down forcing me to lean over the side of the bench and chug my guts up. Afterwards, I admit, I felt better but my body was shaking and my teeth chattering.

I need to get home. "You alright?" I gasped as Charlie's voice made me jump. He walked around the bench with his hands in his pockets and sat down beside me. "Never better" I muttered. He sighed and slid off his leather jacket and draped it over my shoulders. The warmth soothed me slightly making me feel grateful. "You were right about me" was all he said before a couple of minutes of silenced followed after. I couldn't bring myself to look at him because I felt semi-guilty for snapping at him the way I did but I was also still a bit mad.

"I'm turning twenty soon and I still act like a teenager who has just hit puberty." He leant back in the bench and looked up at the dark sky which was lit up by the tiny stars. "I'm sorry for what I said to our sister and I'm mostly sorry for what I said to you" my stomach clenched, not because I was on the verge of being sick again, but of another feeling.

"I guess you were right too," I replied quietly making him turn his head towards me, "I suppose I was playing the victim-card. I'm just terrified that I won't be liked." I admitted. He ran his fingers through his blonde hair then stood up.

"Let's get you home" was all he said but it sparked a sense of relief inside me. I stood up but my legs turned to jelly and I fell. Charlie reached out and quickly caught me then pulled me close to him as support. "Does your chest hurt?" he asked flatly.

I bit the inside of my cheek. "I need my injection" He simply nodded and guided me towards his car which was parked closest to the house. I got in and was greeted with the warmth which made me smile.

He slid into the driver's seat and turned on the engine. Fastening my seat belt I waited for him but he was still for a couple of minutes. "...Charlie?" I called out quietly which made him clench his fists then look towards me.

"Don't let anyone touch you." He bluntly said making me confused. "What-" he groaned and turned to me fully and kept me under his hard gaze.

"I punched Jake for treating you that way and I'll do it to anyone who thinks they can get away with such vile behaviour so give me your phone" I blinked absorbing what he said before handing him my IPhone. He quickly did something before handing it back to me.

'Charlie' was added to my contacts and he had added himself to my speed-dial. "Call me anytime and I will answer" he promised. I gave him a little nod before he started the engine and began the drive home.

I texted Rashel: 'Gone home with Charlie- feeling bit ill :'( Enjoy the party for me.'

The drive was silent but relaxing as the warmth of the car-heating warmed me up. I was almost completely asleep when Charlie pulled into the garage of our house. "Noah" he gently shook me awake.

"Ah sorry" I rubbed my eyes but he shook his head. "It's fine, come on let's get you inside." He got out and opened my door, taking my forearm gently to help me to my feet. "I don't want them to see me like this, is there another way inside?" I asked him. He nodded and started to guide me around the back of the house. We walked in through the kitchen and noticed Dad and Vanessa were snuggled up together on the couch watching a movie so we quietly made our way upstairs and into my room. He shut the door behind us and helped me over to my bed to sit down.

"Ok, tell me what you need" he said quickly. I pointed to the med-kit on my desk which he quickly grabbed and opened. I went to sort it out myself but he shook his head, "Let me do it just tell me which solution you need" he ordered.

I tapped the transparent bottle and he took it out of the box. "Morphine" he said to himself then looked to me. "Use the syringe" I guided him as he took a new syringe out and applied the Morphine into it. As he did I got out a small antiseptic wipe and dabbed the top of my forearm. When he was ready he gently took my arm.

"Charlie I can d-" He looked at me. "If I'm going to be a good brother I want to know how to look after you. I know how to do this sort of stuff since my Dad used to have injections to ease his pain too." His Dad?

No one had ever mentioned his dad before but I'm guessing by how he said 'used to have' it's a clear indication that he may have died. I looked at him to see he was looking at me intently so I nodded. "Okay, go ahead"

He nodded then gently eased the point inside of my arm. Within a matter of seconds my pain subsided and I let out a breath of relief. "Thanks, I feel much better" I smiled at him and he only replied with a nod before dropping the syringe in the deposit bag which comes with each one. "I'm gunna' go shower then hit the hay," he said quickly then walked off but when he reached my door, gripping the doorhandle, he turned his head over his shoulder to look back at me.

"Tomorrow- do you uh...do you want to come see where I work? Around there is this wildlife centre where you can take good pictures" he asked and I couldn't help the unnecessary blush which tainted my skin.

"What time?" I replied and he seemed to become instantly less tense. He cleared his throat then scratched the back of his neck. "I usually get into work around eight or nine but to see the animals and their babies, we should get there around seven"

I nodded. "Sounds great" he stood still for a moment then nodded and left, shutting the door quietly behind him. When he was gone I flopped back on my bed and couldn't help the giggle which passed through my lips.

If Hayley and Rashel were here I imagine they'd be screaming about how much tension there was in the room. Biting my bottom lip I stood up and stripped off before jumping into my cocoon of a bed, falling to sleep with a smile plastered on my face.

*

I didn't know if Vanessa and Dad's look was out of horror or amazement. Charlie and I stood beside each other ready to leave when they had asked where we were going.

"Uh...enjoy yourselves" Dad said in a more questionable way than a statement. I smiled for the both of us because knowing Charlie- he wouldn't. "Thanks Dad, take care Vanessa and I hope the meeting goes well" Vanessa was dragging my Dad to a new-mothers meeting which was pointless because both of them had raised a child before but Vanessa wanted to go and gloat. That's why I liked her; she looks sweet and chipper whilst she always had ulterior motives.

Charlie started walking out first and I followed behind until we got to the garage. Instead of going to his car he went to the corner of the garage and pulled the cover off a black Ducati which made my jaw hit the floor.

"We're um...we're going on that?" I asked the obvious. He just nodded and flicked the stand up and steered it out of the garage and onto the road. He threw me a black helmet and I quickly caught it. He got on the bike and fixed his helmet on first before looking to me and patting to the space behind him.

I gulped and walked over before climbing on. He told me where to put my feet then faced forwards, "You may wish to hold onto me" he said simply before starting to the engine. It roared to life and immediately I was regretting this decision. In a matter of seconds we were speeding down the road and I slid forward so I was up against his back and I wrapped my arms around his waist lightly but securely. I thought my heart was racing at the speed we were going at but turns out it was due to me being firmly pressed against my step-brother.

The blush which seems to be constant when I'm around him was evident as I felt my face heat up. When we stopped at the traffic lights he put his foot down to support us and tilted his head my way. "Doing alright back there?" he asked mockingly.

I scoffed, "Dandy"

I thought I heard him laugh before the lights turned green and we sped off again. Finally after a twenty minute frightening of my life we made it to where he worked. 'The open arms'

He turned off the engine and put down the stand before hopping off and evidentially ending up helping me off too. He got out my camera from under the seat I was sat on and handed it to me. I was relieved to be re-united with my baby.

The entire place was rather fancy. "I work in the bar, not in the fancy hotel area" he informed me as he led me around the building and down the back field which was well-kept. I ended up snapping pictures of the field because down at the end was a river which looked beautiful in the morning-glow of the sky.

When we reached the cobbled footpath we followed it down and over a mini bridge which had sleeping swans underneath it.

We walked around for a bit longer then finally reached the animal sanctuary. "Oh wow" I gasped quietly looking at baby tiger cubs eating their breakfast. Making sure the flash of my camera was off, I snapped some pictures.

"He's called Aslan" Charlie said making me laugh a little, "As in from Narnia?" I asked. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "I didn't make that connection but obviously you would- nerd" he teased.

I scoffed, "There wasn't much to do at hospital other than watching tons of movies" I replied making him shrug.

We walked around and I managed to take many amazing photographs which I'll definitely get printed later on for my new room. Charlie remained himself which was quiet and tamed throughout the trip but he seemed more relaxed than usual.

When we made it back to the Open arms at eight Charlie gestured for me to follow him inside. Curiously I followed him in and he said a few good mornings to people as he led me through a 'staff only' door.

"Uh Charlie, am I allowed back here?" I asked timidly. He didn't reply and knocked on someone's door and waited in silence before someone told us to come in.

"Charlie, Noah good morning" a woman smiled brightly at the both of us. How did she know my name?

"Morning" Charlie mumbled whilst I said it sincerely. "I have your uniform here, Noah, you can change in that room in there and put your camera in your locker" she informed me making me more confused.

"My...uniform?" I asked.

"Darcy, I haven't told him yet" Charlie said sounding bored. Darcy looked to him then back to me, "Aw you poor thing, I'm sorry I confused you. Charlie don't be a dickhead and leave your brother in the dark"

"Step-brother" we said in unison then glanced at each other. Darcy rolled her eyes then stepped out of her office to leave us alone. "You said you wanted to be like a normal person, at eighteen you are expected to work so I got you a job here" he said with a subtle shrug.

I stayed quiet for a couple of minutes. He did this for me? And I should start paying dad back for all the money he spent on me during the court-hearing.

"Thanks, Charlie" I smiled which made his eyes widen a fraction before nodding. "Yeah, it's fine. Get changed I'll put your camera in your locker" I nodded taking it off and handing it to him.

Our fingers touched one another's and I couldn't help the little gasp that escaped my mouth. My face heated up and I pulled back, "Y-yeah...thanks"

He continued to stare at me then walked out. "Oh my god" I quietly squeaked to myself before whisking myself into the changing rooms to get changed into the uniform.

White button-up long sleeved thin shirt which tucks into black skinny smart jeans with a pair of black shoes. Rather fetching. When I walked outside Charlie took a good long stare at me before leading me out into the bar.

*

Two months had past and life seemed to be on a cycle. I rode to work with Charlie every morning then came home with him before going our separate ways. I had come to realise that I liked him more than I should. He's my step-brother and I should like and respect him as any other family member would but I couldn't help my arousal whenever I saw him in his boxers in the morning.

"You are hooked" Rashel groaned as I explained to her what was going on. Hayley nodded, stealing food out of our fridge. "You're supposed to be the level-headed one out of us all. You're not supposed to be the one who falls for the bad boy. This isn't some mushy love story here Noah" Hayley scolded.

With a groan I dropped my face onto the table feeling stressed. "Perhaps you should call Luke to ease the sexual frustration?" Hayley teased prodding me in the side with a spoon. I glared at her, shaking my head.

"On the date he talked about himself the entire time and I had to use the toilet excuse every twenty minutes so I imagine right now he thinks I have some bowel problems" I muttered making them snort.

"For what it's worth I think Charlie likes you too" Rashel commented making me feel physically sick. I quickly shook my head which made Hayley roll her eyes, "He does protect you a lot."

"Which is what brothers do" I replied flatly but they shook their head quickly. "This is the problem with virgins, they're always in denial" Hayley explained to her sister who nodded back.

My jaw dropped. "I'm not in denial, I'm realistic"

Just as I said that the front door opened and I heard an eruption of giggles fill the house. He had just gotten rid of a girl a couple of hours ago and he's back with another?

I gripped the towel in my hand, which I was cleaning the plates with, as they wandered into the kitchen. "Oh, I thought you said they wouldn't be here" blondie whined to my brother who looked to me and I glared before looking away.

"We're here because we're throwing a party." Hayley announced walking around so she stood beside me and wrapped her arms around me, pressing her boobs up against my side. "Party with just you three, how lame" the girl commented which made Rashel laugh and come round to my other side and wrap her arms around me too.

"We were about to have a little pre-party fun but you interrupted" Rashel pouted then looked to me battering her eyelashes. I had no idea what they were doing but it was rather amusing. "You're throwing a party?" Charlie asked but he was glaring right at me. Hayley and Rashel discretely put their hands on my lower-back reassuringly and I nodded. "Our parents are out and it's Friday night." I shrugged.

Charlie continued to stare at me before shrugging, "I'll invite some of my friends then too" he yanked the blonde out of the room behind him. Rashel, Hayley and I started laughing but kept it quiet so they wouldn't hear.

"Are we actually throwing a party?" I asked anxiously making the girls awe. "Leave it to us NooNoo" They got out their phones and started mad-typing to everyone on their contact list. My phone buzzed making me pull it out and look at it.

'Party at Noah and Charlie's place, bring your poisons and your sexy selves.'

I rolled my eyes at them both but they seemed proud with themselves. "Rashel you get NooNoo prepped and I'll sort out the house." Hayley ordered. Rashel saluted and grabbed my hand yanking me upstairs and into my room.

Once I showered and walked out in a towel Rashel stood in a totally different style. Short-short denim shorts and a black crop top showing her slender belly. She wore her hair up and big loopy earrings and lots of make-up. "How long was I showering for you to get changed so quickly?" I asked, genuinely curious. She scoffed, "You get used to it when you're a girl. You can't mess around." She got my hand and pulled me close then pushed me down on the bed.

She sighed, "Such a shame you're gay, NooNoo" she pouted. I glanced down and squeaked when I realised my parts were on show. I quickly pulled my towel over them and scowled at her. She laughed then went over to my wardrobe.

"Rashel," I called out making her look my way, "what's the actual aim of this party?" I asked. She bit the inside of her cheek then came over to me and tilted my head up, my head between both her hands.

"You are the most amazing person Hayley and I have ever met. When we first met you we thought you would tell us to piss off because we slept with Charlie but when you smiled and opened up to us we felt honoured. Ultimately we want you to be happy and we know that stubborn bastard will make that happen."

I shook my head, "He's my step-brother and you and Hayley know, more than anyone, how he is a player and if he did have any interest in me at all it would just be a fling." I protested but she squished my face together with a frown on her face.

"The reason why he sleeps with so many girls i-"

"Ok I'm here, Rashel you go sort out the rest of the things whilst I get changed" Hayley threw open the door saying. She looked at our situation then raised a brow at her step-sister who scurried out of the room.

"What happened in here?" Hayley asked slowly. I shook my head standing up, "Nothing, can you decide something for me to wear- it's cold." I said quickly changing the subject. She remained focused for a couple of seconds before nodding and dashing to my wardrobe where she flung out pieces of clothing.

"Do you trust us?" Hayley asked as she was looking through her large duffel bag she had brought to mine. "Of course I do" I replied making her stop what she was doing then look at me seriously.

"Then let us do what we do best." I raised a brow at that, "Sex?" I asked.

She laughed shaking her head, "You flatter us but other than that...match-making." My stomach tightened when I realised what she had meant.

Playing dumb I nodded, "Whatever you say." I went into my bathroom and leant against the door with a little sigh. I was nervous for whatever they were planning.

Dropping my towel I slid on my black briefs and a pair of quarter-length black shorts and then a black V-neck cotton short-sleeved shirt. Over the top I slid on a grey and black cardigan; shoving the long arms up to my elbows. I walked out and did a mock spin-around to present myself to Hayley who wolf-whistled. I winked then slid my feet into a pair of black toms.

"Perfect, let me adjust your hair" she came over to me in her underwear since she was getting dressed herself. We had crossed the stage of caring about each other's nudeness- well not mine, but they tended to get naked all the time.

Hayley styled my hair in a messy quiff then winked. "Perfect. You have the un-caring sexy look about you" she informed me then went over to her bag and shoved on a short ruffly black dress which stopped mid-thigh; of course.

When we got downstairs music was blaring and people were greeting one another as the first row of drinks went down the hatch. I noticed quite a few people staring at me which made Hayley smirk and wind her fingers through mine.

"Let's go get us a drink" she leant close to my ear and whispered, pretending to have said something dirty for our spectators. I smirked then nodded as she pulled me through the room and into the kitchen. Inside the kitchen was Jake with his tongue down another guys throat.

"Take a hike Jake" Hayley growled making Jake pull back from a protesting guy. "This is Charlie's party too and he's my best bud so no." he replied with a cocky smirk.

"Didn't he punch you in the face a couple of months ago?" I asked making Hayley snort in amusement. "I remember how much he cried like a bitch" she muttered making Jake's eye twitch. "Ow" the boy hissed from behind him as he yanked his arm away.

"Get over it" Jake snapped making me tut. "Is that how you treat all of them?" I asked. I admit I am a genuinely nice person but when it comes to this prick I am always at my limit.

"Don't be jealous"

I laughed, "I'm certainly not jealous but what I do feel for you is pity." He raised a brow and took a step towards me.

"Pity? From a guy who could die at any moment" he hissed which sent Hayley crazy. She screamed curse words at him but I stopped her in her tracks. She looked to me confused but I looked back to Jake and smiled lightly, "At least through my suffering I have met genuine people who are worth twice of you. If you died right now, what would you be known as," I stuffed my hands in my pockets and leant back on my heels, "ah yes, a hook-up"

He flinched at my words which meant that I had succeeded. I looked to the table and grabbed a cup of whatever it was and went to the back door and looked over at the guy who stood with wide-eyes rubbing his sore arm. "Want to join us?" I asked sweetly making his cheeks flush rosy red.

He nodded, scurrying over to me and out of the room. Hayley followed behind us and she hugged me tightly once we were out of sight. "I am continuously amazed by how strong you are, NooNoo"

I laughed, patting her back and then we made our way over to a group of people which we immediately started laughing with. Other friends of Hayley's and Rashel's were really nice and accepted me with open arms.

The party was going great and people were going crazy which was what we were aiming for. "Guys!" Rashel jogged out of the kitchen holding a bottle high up in the air.

"That girl is crazy" Ben, a new friend of mine, commented as he laughed. Sadly he was as straight as a pole but he was really kind and didn't care for sexualities.

"Spin the bottle time!" Rashel yelled when she got closer to us making us all groan. Even though I hadn't been to any party, other than the one I vomited at, I knew spin the bottle was deadly.

"She won't take no for an answer, will she?" I muttered to Ben which made him shake his head. "Absolutely not." We laughed but stopped immediately when Rashel started looking around to find people to take part in this game.

I was suddenly fascinated with the threading in my Toms as Ben was equally intrigued with the leaves in the tree to our right.

"Ben, NooNoo, Hayley, Cam, Becca," shit. Rashel turned and looked around then scanned the pool behind us, "Oi! You guys in the pool get your asses out here and play spin the bottle with us." Rashel barked.

People were in the pool? It was so dark I couldn't even see. There were sounds of protests which seemed to come from girls mostly as figures stepped out of the pool. The first person was Jake which made me roll my eyes. For a bastard he had a good body- from what I could see.

"Sit down in a circle" Rashel ordered. We all fidgeted then sat down. I was sat in between Ben and Hayley which was comforting. "Such a drag game" I knew that voice. Hayley and I looked to the blonde from earlier and groaned in unison. "You definitely don't have to play if you don't want to, seriously...don't." Hayley tried but failed as the girl looked at her then sat down smiling hatefully. "Oh because you asked nicely then Hayley, I'll stay"

Jake sat down beside her and behind him came another person who I recognised immediately. "This can't end well" I muttered to Hayley who looked over to Charlie and laughed. "Oh this is going to be juicy" she rubbed her hands together like an evil mastermind. Jake noticed us and turned his head to Charlie and muttered something, he looked over to us and I noticed him sigh. "Are you mentally prepared for this, kiddo?" Ben asked me. He was almost twenty years old. "Mentally, yes but physically is another matter" I replied making him smirk and get out a cigarette.

"The last time I played this a guy called Graham had to go to hospital with a broken nose. Was rather amusing to say the least" he said with his mouth around the cigarette as he lit it up. "Ben," Charlie called bluntly making Ben glance at my step-brother, "Give us one, my packs inside" Ben took a whiff of his own before he leant over and offered Charlie another one. He lit it for him and then crawled back into his position with a grunt.

When all the smokers were happy Rashel finally sat down in between Charlie and this cute girl called Becca who blushed every time all attention was on her.

"Everyone turn the torches on, on your phones and put them down in front of you but away from the middle of the circle" Rashel ordered. We did as she commanded and it was a little better but freakier. "I feel like we're some cult" Hayley announced.

"Nope, we're the group of sobers who have resulted to playing childish games instead of getting laid" Blonde whined. "Slag" Cam commented then covered it up with a cough which made a few people snicker in agreement.

"Can we change the rules around because the majority of the people here I really don't particularly want to kiss" Jake asked. "Aw baby, I was getting ready" Hayley pouted making a popping sound with her lips which made me laugh.

"We'll go back to the basics of truth or dare, whoever it lands on sort of thing. Everyone ok with that?" Rashel asked. Everyone nodded their heads.

The bottle was spun and the first goes were mild and minor dares like 'kiss his cheek' 'squeeze her bum' but then Jake spun the bottle and it landed on me. A silence filled the circle as Jake stared into my soul. A cold shiver ran up my spine as he gave out a little chuckle, "Suck my di-"

Charlie hit him over the head and Jake scoffed. "Fine, fine. One kiss and not some pathetic peck, I mean a real meaningful kiss." I noticed Hayley gritting her teeth.

"You sneaky bitch" Cam commented. Jake cocked his head at me and leant back on his hands waiting. Everyone looked to me wondering if I was going to do it.

"It's just a kiss, get it over with" Blonde whined which earned a collective amount of 'Shut ups' shot her way. With a sigh I stood up and walked through the circle until I was in front of him. His smirk grew as I dropped to my knees either side of him so I was now straddling him. He sat up straight so our chests pressed against each other's. He slid an arm around my waist to keep me in place then used his other hand to tilt my face up.

"I hear this will be your first kiss" he whispered before he leant in and connected our lips. I remained tense whilst his lips moved but I gradually eased up and kissed back. After I thought the timing was up I pulled back and stood up before quickly going back to my place.

"Talk about sexual tension" Becca blurted making us all looked to her with shocked expressions. She squeaked then covered her face immediately making a few of us burst out laughing.

More turns went and they were hilarious as the closest friends easily kissed one another. Hayley and Rashel pecked then pretended to moan really loudly which left me in stitches. Cam spun the bottle and it landed on Charlie. Cam gave a gigantic smirk then pursed his lips and made the kissing sounds.

"Seriously?" Charlie asked looking creeped out. Cam kept up the face making us all snort with laughter before Charlie gave in and leant over kissing him on the lips. He was pulling back but Cam wrapped his arms around him and pulled him back.

I knew Cam was extremely straight and was only doing this for the laughs so thankfully I wasn't jealous. Charlie's arms flailed out showing his struggle. I couldn't stop my outburst of laughter. After a couple more minutes Blonde pulled Charlie back with a pout evident on her face.

Cam licked his lips over-dramatically, "Anytime" he winked making Charlie shiver as he wiped his mouth many times. A couple more times went past until Hayley got the bottle and she spun it until it landed on me. A mysterious smirk formed on her face making me extremely wary.

"Uh Hales, evil face" Ben voiced all our worries. "Noah," she said abruptly making me jump. I looked to her with a nod showing I was listening, "strip down to your briefs and sit on your dear step-brothers lap for the rest of the game"

My jaw dropped. Rashel burst out loud then clapped. "Perfect dare, evil sister of mine" Hayley mock-bowed as she sat.

"But it's cold" I pouted. "I'm sure Charlie will keep you warm, chop chop we need to move this game along to get to the secrets" I protested for a couple of seconds but her glare got darker which continued to freak me out so I stood up quickly. "You owe me" I growled as I dropped my cardigan on the floor, hitched my shirt over my head, kicked my shoes off then pushed down my shorts leaving me in my black briefs.

I blushed badly as everyone stared at my body. "Noah" Charlie's voice made us all look to him, he gestured me over and I gulped before grabbing my phone and going over to him. I squatted down then he pulled me up against him on his lap.

My back was pressed against his hard chest so I could feel his warmth radiating off him. I looked up to see everyone had moved onto the next person. For the next couple of rounds I sat tensely in Charlie's arms but as I grew more tired I leant into him and our legs became tangled together. His arms were draped around me loosely showing he was relaxed too.

When he sighed at something Ben said I shuddered feeling his hot breath on the back of my neck. He felt it too and dropped his right hand to my thigh. I let out a tiny gasp which only he heard. "Are you cold?" he asked quietly and unintentionally slid his hand further up my thigh. I closed my eyes feeling my arousal.

"Charlie" it came out like a pant and I felt him tense up. I bit my bottom lip knowing I had freaked him out. I opened my mouth to start my rant my apologies but instead I felt his index finger peep under the fabric of my briefs. All the blood rushed to my groin as with just this little touch I was feeling so hot. I felt my back arch as his hand continued to explore; squeezing and caressing my thigh. Who knew I was so sensitive there?

As I leant back again I felt something hard graze my bum. Thank god Charlie didn't have his phone on him so there was no light over in this dark corner of dirtiness. I felt his breath blow harder across my neck showing his arousal too. I gripped his other arm tightly as his fingers reached my member. I had never been touched there other than by my own hands. As I tilted my head back he tilted his forward so his lips touched the outer-shell of my ear.

"Charlie" I whispered. He groaned to himself then slid his hand right up causing me to arch my back further. His hand enclosed around the hilt of my dick before slowly started to slide up and down. My breathing kept hitching but, the loud music echoing from inside the house and the laughs from around us, covered them up.

His hand moved quicker making me grip his shirt and bite roughly on my bottom lip to stop me from crying out. He was so good with his hands.

I could feel my hips bucking which indicated that I was on the verge of climaxing. Knowing I would scream if I opened my mouth I leant back into him again as I came over his hand. I let out some quiet heavy breaths as he pulled his hand out. I tilted my head to the side slightly as I watched him bring his fingers to his lips. At that moment it felt like someone had turned up the heating out here because my cheeks were on fire.

He looked at me with his dark blue eyes and ran his tongue up his finger making my mouth part slightly in shock. Why was he so sexy?

After cleaning his hand he leant close to my ear, "Pretend to be asleep" he purred making my body shudder in need. To be asleep?

I leant back and tilted my head more into his chest and closed my eyes, snuggling up to him. Charlie wrapped his arms around me then cleared his throat. "Hey, Noah's fallen asleep and he's pretty cold. I'll take him upstairs"

"Do you want me to join you?" Blonde asked beside us, obviously hinting that she wanted something from him. "No, you stay here. Jake give her a lift when you're leaving" Charlie said which made my heart flutter.

"What?" Blonde squeaked making me smirk slightly but keeping my eyes firmly shut. I felt Charlie stand up and carry me bridal style into the house. He avoided people as he made his way to the stairs and walked up them to his room.

I opened my eyes when we got in there. "Your room" I blushed. He nodded his head setting me down on my feet. "My rooms the only one with a lock" with that he flicked it with a 'click' and the heat returned to my cheeks.

We stood in silence looking at each other until I felt something dribbling down my thigh. I winced as I looked at it, recognising it as my own semen. I looked back to Charlie to see he was looking at my thighs which made him take a step closer to me.

"You're my step-brother" he said simply but continued to gradually get closer to me. I nodded taking a little step back. He nodded in return and as I went to take another step back he grabbed my arm and pulled me up against him.

"Ever since I first met you I've wanted to do this" he growled before smashing our lips together. I was shocked for a couple of moments before I melted into him and kissed him back. He stepped us back so I was up against a wall where he ran his fingers through my hair, tilting my head back. My hands hesitantly placed themselves on his hips. He placed a leg in between mine as our tongues explored each other's mouths.

Our groins rubbed together making us both pant. My arousal had returned for round two as Charlie's stood strong and ready. Charlie's hands dropped from my hair to my hips where he took the tops of my briefs and yanked them down. I gasped into our kiss feeling the coolness of the room hit my sensitive area. Charlie pulled back and looked me over making me wiggle in protest. "You're beautiful" he murmured.

I blushed making him look at me with a smug smirk. He leant close and kissed my lips before trailing his lips down my jaw then down my neck to where he paid close attention as his sneaky hand groped my bared arousal.

"A-at least take s-some clothing off" I stuttered finding it unnecessarily hard ordering him around. I felt his teeth graze my skin making me moan out, which hit my fading-masculinity, hard. He licked and kissed over where he had taken a chomp at me before pulling back ever so slightly so our faces were once again inches apart.

"You want me to strip for you, brother?" he purred causing my arousal to twitch in his hand. God damn it. Charlie let out a subtly laugh before his smug grin grew bigger, "I take that as a yes"

He released my extremely hard self and took a few paces backwards before he gripped the hem of his damp-shirt, which was still wet from him being in the pool with his clothes on, and slowly lifted it up. The more skin he exposed the more my throat closed up. I was scared to speak to ruin this moment. I was scared to breath in case I moaned out loud.

When I caught sight his muscular abdomen my brain fizzled and stopped working. With one last tug his head popped out from underneath and he shook his blonde hair, which seemed to go in slow motion for me, then threw his shirt down.

I gulped. His body was delicious. His creamy flawless skin which was inked with beautifully designed tattoos here and there. My mouth was watering which was probably another reason why I was keeping it clamped shut.

I watched intently as he slid his hands down his body, lingering on every prominent muscle. As his long piano-fingers caressed his hipbones I instantly knew that I was seconds away from dropping to my knees with my butt in the air. I had never experienced being 'dirty-minded' but right now I was craving what lay within his shorts.

"Do you want me to keep going" he asked sultrily, biting his bottom lip in a cheeky way. I felt my head nod of its own accord. He chuckled to himself before slipping his hands down his pale blue swimming-shorts. He tilted his head back, releasing a highly erotic moan causing me to whimper before slamming my hand over my mouth.

Charlie's dark eyes found mine again, and remained locked on as he slid his shorts down torturously slow. His erect dick popped out showing its lengthy arousal.

He let the fabric drop to his ankles and kicked them away. "Come here" he said and immediately my feet obeyed as I slowly made my way over to him. When I was close enough for him to reach for me he spun me around and pulled me up against his chest.

"Your heated gaze will be the death of me" he whispered into my ear before biting my lobe again. His arousal was pressed against my lower back making me feel tense. I couldn't stop my body from unintentionally rubbing against him.

"Charlie, you are the most innocent and pure person I have ever met," he whispered squeezing my ass cheek with his right hand. "that makes this even hotter. Your body knows what it wants and I'm willing to satisfy that hunger."

"I-I um...ah god Charlie!" I blurted out. Before I could form a decent response he had rubbed the tip against my bum, spreading the cheeks. "Yes, yes...do it" I gave in, not able to think rationally.

He remained where he was for a couple more minutes, rubbing himself against me making me weaker and weaker with the pleasurable strain. "Come with me" he laced his fingers through mine and led me to the bathroom. "W-what are we doing?" I asked.

"I don't want to be stinking of chlorine on our first time and besides, I need to prepare you" he informed me making me cock my head. "Prepare me?"

He laughed then turned fully and took my face in between his hands before giving me a very passionate kiss. He pulled back then genuinely smiled, "You are so cute Noah"

I pouted. "That's not manly" I whispered. He snorted then pulled me back in for another kiss. I kissed him back; our tongues playing with each other.

He reluctantly pulled back and turned to the shower and turned on the water before adjusting it so it was warm. He climbed in and gave himself a once-over with the spray before looking to me, holding out his hand.

"Coming in?" I bit the inside of my cheek but ignored the shy feeling stirring throughout me and took his hand, letting him pull me up against him.

For the first couple of minutes we washed each other which was more than relaxing. "Are you ready to start what we actually came in here to do?" he asked giving me a peck on the lips.

I nodded timidly but he stood confident. I thought he was straight, how did he know how to do all this stuff?

He gently turned me around to the wall and placed my hands flat on there. "Keep yourself stable" he quietly ordered. I nodded curiously. His presence disappeared from behind me but I didn't have the confidence to turn around. After a couple of seconds he reappeared, giving me a kiss on the shoulder. He tried to distract me by kissing and biting at my neck but I was in-tuned to what his hands were doing.

His hands were massaging and groping my ass causing me to pant. Two things I knew, my thighs were extremely sensitive and apparently so was my ass. I gasped when I felt him slide a finger in between my cheeks. "Char-" he kissed me shoulder gently.

"Shh, it's ok" I tilted my head back and he leaned forward so our lips met. He moaned into the kiss then started kissing down but he stopped when his lips met between my shoulder blades. "Baby, stick your bum out a little more" he said. I leant more on the wall so my butt stuck out for him.

"Mmm, such a luscious ass you have" I blushed shaking my head making him laugh. I felt his index finger rubbing my hole which was a strangely different feeling. With a couple more rubs I felt his finger change direction and slide slowly into me.

I gasped at the intrusion feeling his finger push deeper and then pull out to push all the way back in. Just as I got used to the one finger he pushed a second and third in. I couldn't hold my sounds of pleasure in and ended up crying out; sounding like a complete girl.

"What lewd sounds, tsk tsk" Charlie teased. I felt myself blush more and duck my head down in shame. Charlie took one of my hands gently, I felt him pull it back and then he wrapped it around something hard and warm. I glanced over my shoulder to see my hand on his large arousal. I gasped slightly then looked Charlie in the eyes.

"I want you so bad" he said honestly and I could see the glint of strain in his eyes. "Then hurry up and take me" I attempted to sound confident. He stared at me for a couple of seconds then grinned and flicked the shower off.

He pulled his fingers out of me then jumped out of the shower, yanking me with him. We made it into his room and he threw me down on his bed.

"W-wait...we'll make your bed wet" I stuttered. He raised a brow, "Sex is a messy thing. Even if we hadn't showered it would have been stained with something" he winked.

I brought my hands over my face, hiding my blush. I heard him chuckle then bring my hands to his lips. He kissed them then looked back down to me.

"I want to see your gorgeous face when I take you" he announced bluntly. He looked half serious so I didn't whine and just nodded compliantly. He went over to the bedside drawer and pulled out a small blue packet and then a bottle filled with some liquid.

He walked round the bed and stood at the edge. "You have no idea how sexy you look right now, Noah" he looked me over slowly. I bit my bottom lip shyly. He took my legs and dragged me to the edge of the bed so my butt was fully exposed to him.

As he looked over my lower-regions I noticed him lick his lips. As I opened my mouth to say his name he got the small blue packet and tore it, pulling out a condom. He rolled it onto his large dick before drizzling the liquid over it. I felt his fingers graze my hole again but instead of his three fingers I felt his thumb press in. My back arched off the bed before slumping back down as my hole adjusted to it.

"You seem ready down here but are you ready?" he asked. I gulped at the question, not sure what to reply. Was I?

He's already shoved his fingers inside of you! I yelled to myself. I looked back to him nervously which made him smile soothingly and lean forward capturing my lips with his.

Our lips melted together as my fingers wound through his amazing hair. "I can stop anytime you want me to, okay?" he asked. I nodded lightly and he seemed content with that. He stood straight bending his knees an inch as he held his arousal, guiding it.

My head flew back looking at the ceiling when I felt his tip slide inside of me. It felt really moist down there. He had obviously prepared me well.

Through my feminine cries I looked to Charlie to see him gritting his teeth with his eyes closed. "You're so tight" he whispered but I could tell it wasn't a bad thing. After that was said I felt him pushing further in till the hilt. "Ahh st- it hurts" I whined wiggling my hips to try get him out. He gripped my hips tightly, "N-noah...stay still or you'll make me cum" he warned.

He let me adjust to his size as he tried to regain his self-control. Without telling me he pulled out and slammed back into me. I gasped but it wasn't as painful as the first time. Instead it was considerably more pleasurable. "It's fun from here on out" Charlie informed me as he started to gradually thrust in and out of me sending us both into a whirlwind of moans and curse words.

Charlie hitched my legs over his shoulders as he continued to slam into me. I had never felt something more pleasurable in my life. Not that I've had anything pleasurable before this, being a virgin and all.

His hand grasped my leaking dick and started pumping it quickly which went in sync with his thrusting.

I bit my lip hard as I was being drowned in pleasure. Now I understand why Charlie has so many clingy one-night-stands. That thought dawned on me...was I one of those?

The thought was overruled by the immense need to explode. "Charlie-" he nodded knowing what I was going to say. "Me too"

Charlie's thrusting became less and less but the force behind each got stronger. With each plow into me I felt myself getting closer and closer to the brink of my limit.

Soon enough I was gripping the covers of his bed as I spewed out my essence all over my chest which made Charlie groan as he said something about me getting tighter and he flung his head back as he let out a loud moan.

After a couple of minutes the only sound in the room was our heavy breathing. I didn't know what to say. I felt incredibly weak which was a dent to my pride but Charlie seemed refreshed. He took off his used condom and vanished into the bathroom before returning. "Let's get back into that shower" he suggested making me nod but hold my arms out.

"I physically can't move" I muttered which only made him scoff smugly. He lifted me up and took me to the bathroom where we cleaned ourselves off and I ended up getting a very satisfying blow-job.

*

My eyes fluttered open when I heard the rustling of clothing. I looked around and noticed Charlie pulling on some clean boxers. I sat up and immediately felt a sharp pain in my lower back causing me to squeak in pain.

Charlie turned to me. "Is it your chest?" he asked but I shook my head. "No, my back" I grumbled which he rolled his eyes at but nodded; understanding why it hurt.

"I have to go into work. Sleep it off" he said bluntly pulling on his work clothes. I was momentarily stunned at how dismissive he was being. So I was right...

He used me for one thing and one thing only. I brought my knees up to my chest curling up into a little ball.

Hayley and Rashel. I shuffled off the bed and got up weakly putting support on my back with my hand. "What are you doing?" he asked flatly.

"I need to clean the house before Dad and Vanessa get back" I replied softly. I was an idiot to think he wanted anything different. From now on I don't listen to them girls because right now the pain was definitely real.

"It's already clean. The cleaners already came and left" he informed me as he applied gel to his hair in the mirror. I stopped in my tracks, nodding slightly.

I looked around the room for my briefs but realised that I had made them all sticky from when he gave me a handjob. Biting my bottom lip I awkwardly looked around the room.

I heard him sigh and go over to the drawers to pull out some boxers which he threw to me. I slid them on quickly then scurried out of the room before he could utter a reply. I limped back to my room, throwing open my door then shutting it quickly behind me. I noticed Hayley and Rashel sit up rubbing their eyes but I couldn't help the overflow of emotions stirring inside of me.

I slid down the door until my bottom hit the floor and I sobbed like a baby. Hayley and Rashel gasped and ran over to me; not caring what they looked like which was big for them.

"NooNoo" they soothed hugging me from both sides. Rashel rested her head on my shoulder as Hayley squeezed my hand tightly with reassurance.

After I had told them what had happened they were more sympathetic than angry but I knew that would quickly change. They understood the whole 'being used' thing because they had been through it with him too. "I'm sorry, we really thought..." Rashel trailed off, tears dribbling down her cheeks.

I smiled lightly, wiping them away for her. "Don't cry. It wasn't your fault." I pulled them both in a tight hug which is where we remained for a good half an hour just letting our minds run wild in thought until Hayley slapped a hand down on her thigh making Rashel and I jump. "I know what will cheer us all up. Up we get" Hayley bounced to her feet and held her hands out to us.

We just stared at her before she cocked her head, "Hey, I don't want my best friends being upset. That's why hot chocolate was made" she informed us. At the mention of hot chocolate she had us up on our feet and getting changed.

Thankfully Charlie had gone by the time we were ready and vacating the house. I don't think I can be near him for a while. The house was in fact, as he said, spotless which I was thankful for. Thank god for maids. I don't care how Charlie acts now; I'm going to be the perfect child.

We made our way over to the café which we visited frequently so we were on first name basis with the employees. We sat in our usual sofa-chairs and drowned our sorrows in a large hot chocolate with marshmallows. I didn't even like marshmallows but ate them, that's how depressed I was.

We mainly didn't speak the entire time we were there because we were all in our own little worlds. "What are you going to do about your job?" Hayley asked, slurping at her hot chocolate leaving her with a choc-tash.

"Preferably quit," I admitted making them nod. "but I feel bad though, I need to pay Dad and Vanessa back somehow" I sighed into my large mug and took another drink.

"There are other jobs around here, NooNoo. There's an opening where we work?" Rashel suggested which made Hayley nod in agreement.

"I am probably that one guy who knows the least about fashion." I replied being brutally honest. "Well that's not true, eskimos won't know, huh" Rashel announced proudly.

Hayley rolled her eyes. "They make their own fashion. Our last pitch was about the furs, remember?" Hayley scolded her sister. Rashel mumbled but nodded.

"You can learn, NooNoo." Rashel said with a small hopeful smile. I chuckled but shook my head, "No thanks. I'd rather work at a place where I'm not scorned for my taste of clothing" I said bluntly and just as I did a tray was placed down. We looked up to see Jenna with a proud smirk on her face.

"Well then this is just the place for you. In fact, I'm wearing my pyjamas right now" she turned on her Uggs and wiggled her bum at us making us laugh.

"There's an opening here?" I asked making her nod and turn back to us. "There sure is. Mandy has just gone on maternity leave which leaves her spot open" she said. I nodded, "When can I come in for an interview?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Noah, we know you too well. I'll talk to Josh and I'm sure he'll accept you straight away." She winked then waddled off. I looked back to the girls then got out my phone.

"Time to quit my other job then" I said. They nodded with a little bit of excitement. I dialled Darcy's number and she picked up after the fourth ring. "Hello cutie, I heard from Charlie you're ill. How are you feeling?" she asked.

I bit my lip and looked at the girls who put their thumbs up, urging me on. "Hi Darcy, yeah I'm feeling a little better."

There was a shuffling of paper on the other end of the line before she replied sounding more concerned, "Noah, what's wrong you sound nervous" I nodded lightly to myself. Because I am.

"Darcy, I've loved working for you. I want you to know that, you're the best boss and have treated me like a God ever since I arrived" I blurted but she remained silent.

"I'm handing in my resignation...o-only because I think working behind the bar isn't exactly me" I added which was half-truth. I was small whilst the other bartenders were tall and extremely good-looking which battered my self-esteem every time I saw them.

"That's fine" she replied simply with her normal tone. I blinked a couple of times gripping my phone, "W-what, you don't mind?" I asked.

I heard her laugh before tutting. "Noah dear, I'm your Boss not your mother. You're old enough to know what you do and don't want to do. I admit it's a shame to see you go because seeing your cute face around here always brightened my day but I'm not forcing you to stay." She explained.

I smiled to myself, "Thanks Darcy, I appreciate that"

"I take it Charlie doesn't know about this?" she asked which made my smile fall immediately. I bit the inside of my cheek before replying, "Uh...no, he doesn't."

Once again the shuffling of paper filled the line before she added, "Right, I have your pay-check here so come on down and I'll give you it and a final massive hug." Ah, forgot about that.

"Alright, I'll be there within the hour, bye"

"See you soon honey"

I hung up then looked to them both. "I need to pick up my pay-check, could you drive me?" I asked. They nodded quickly, "Of course we will."

I went up to the till and scrawled my number down before giving it to Jenna. "Call me if any news comes up about this job" She nodded quickly taking it from my hands, "Will do sweetie. Have a nice day"

"You too Jenna" I smiled kindly before walking out of the café with Hayley and Rashel waiting outside by their car.

We jumped in and went on our way to the Open Arms which would be busy around this time because of people coming in for lunch. When we got there I told them to stay in the car as I rushed inside.

As I expected it was busy. My ex co-workers were running around taking orders and delivering food. I caught a glimpse of Charlie at the bar taking an order from a pretty girl who was obviously flirting with him and he was smirking back. I felt my heart hurt more but ignored it as I dashed through and into the staff-only area. I got to Darcy's office and knocked on the door.

When she replied I walked in and quickly shut the door behind me. She stood up from her chair and walked over with an envelope. I took it gently then smiled at her, "Thank you Darcy, for everything" she sniffed getting emotional and hugged me tightly.

Wow, she wasn't kidding when she said a massive hug.

After around ten minutes of purely hugging she pulled back and smiled brightly. "Call me anytime okay?" she demanded. I nodded, "You too"

She straightened out my shirt which she had gripped when hugging me then went back to her desk and cleared her throat. "Well if that will be all" she said back in boss-mode. I smiled and nodded, "That's all. Thank you ma'am" I walked out of the room quickly.

I walked through the bar and restaurant noticing Charlie receiving a number from the same girl. I clenched my fist and walked to the door and as I touched the handle I heard him call my name. I tilted my head slightly to acknowledge I had heard him but I pushed the door open and walked out.

I started rushing towards the car-park but I was suddenly yanked back. I spun round to see Charlie now stood in front of me looking confused.

"What are you doing here, I thought you were resting today?" he asked.

"No," I pulled my hand away and stepped away, "You said I was resting today. I came here to collect my final pay-check because I quit" I shouted and turned to leave but he gripped me again.

"What do you mean quit, why?!" I glared at him and once again yanked myself free. "Because I can't stand to work beside you!" I barked which made his eyes widen a fraction before his frown deepened.

He opened his mouth to reply but another co-worker came out. "Charlie, you're really needed inside. Oh hey Noah, you just arrived?" Hannah asked.

I shook my head changing my face to a smile. "No, I was just leaving." I looked back at Charlie for a couple of seconds before turning and walking off to Hayley and Rashel's car.

He didn't fight me anymore. He let me go before slowly sauntering back into the pub. It showed how much he cared. Not.

*

I placed the bowl of soup in front of Vanessa and bit lip nervously. She chuckled, "Don't be so scared Noah." She took the spoon then dipped it into the soup before bringing it to her mouth and taking a taste. Her eyes widened and she looked to me.

"Noah, definitely don't be nervous. This tastes fantastic hunny" I blinked a couple of times with a little blush, "Really?" I asked.

She nodded, "The spices really complement each other. Very well done, your cooking has gotten better and better"

"Thank you, since Dad is going to be working with his clients from dawn till dusk I'll take care of your meals" I announced which made her sniff.

I blinked, "I d-didn't mean to make you cry, do you not like my cooking that bad...I-I'll get rid of it" I went to get her soup but she took my wrist. I looked at her and she was smiling.

She stood up then pulled me into a hug. Her stomach was rather big so the hug wasn't really comfortable but I tried my best. "I couldn't thank you enough Noah, you have been supportive from the very beginning. You're a little angel and I really wish I could take your past of being alone and just bundle you up in my arms"

"Thank you, you've also been supportive. You could have easily just told my Dad to forget about me and to stop spending money but you urged him on and thanks to your support I'm here today and I am in fact- very happy" I informed her with a smile.

"Well that makes one of us" I looked to see Charlie walk into the kitchen in his boxers with a cigarette at his lips. He had messy hair and stubble. He looked like hell.

"Charlie, what have I said about smoking near me?" Vanessa demanded. Charlie looked at her then scoffed. "Didn't I say that I don't care about that thing?" he replied simply making Vanessa tense.

I heard her sniff and I looked to her to see her crying. "Vanessa" I whispered and took her hand. She looked to me and kissed my forehead. "I'm fine, just these extra emotions that I'm trying to get a hold of. I'm going to go lie down" she said then left.

Charlie didn't even look at her as she past. It was silent for a couple of seconds before I took the bowl of soup and went to the island and poured the extra back into the bowl with the rest before putting it back into the oven to keep warm.

It had been three days since I had left Charlie at the Open Arms and since then we had not uttered a word to each other. I start my new job tomorrow so I was excited for that which overruled the heart-ache for my step-brother.

"I guess I was right about you from the start" he muttered. Oh so he wanted to speak about this? I looked to him and frowned.

"Oh please, enlighten me" I snapped. He blew out some smoke then took a step into the kitchen. "You use your problem to your advantage."

I narrowed my eyes, "What the hell are you talking about?"

He snorted. "Don't act dumb, you battered your eyelashes at me any time you had the chance and then when I finally gave you what you wanted you pulled away, quit the job to be away from me and won't even look at me anymore" he ended up yelling at the end.

I growled and stormed over to him and shut the door behind him. "Get outside if you're smoking" I demanded. He just stared at me but walked outside. I followed him then shut the door behind me.

"You took my virginity Charlie so there's no way I can be some mastermind prostitute. I didn't use you like you did to me. Of course I wouldn't continue working with you because every time I do look at you I feel like I'm being stabbed in the heart which is a far worse pain than I feel on a regular basis due to my 'problem'" I seethed.

He just stared at me. "I didn't use you" he said simply. I shook my head with a sigh, "It doesn't matter. It can't happen...we're brothers" I started to walk back inside but he pulled me back.

"Step-brothers," he hissed turning me to face him and I noticed that he looked wounded but I didn't let that affect my decision. "I was a player, I admit that. I thought I could feel that hole in my heart with hot naked bodies but it doesn't work. When I met you I instantly knew that you were going to be the downfall of me. I tried sleeping with two girls instead of one which is why I chose Hayley and Rashel. I knew about their stupid dare but I didn't care because all my thoughts were on you. Throughout my time with them I couldn't get you out my head, your sweet beautiful face kept popping up and I was so hard,"

Well that went from romantic to his normal perverted-self quicker than expected. "when I came I accidently called out your name."

My eyes widened as I realised that was probably why Rashel and Hayley were so curious about me in the first place and why they were so adamant that Charlie liked me more than a toy. "Charlie, it doesn't change the fact that you us-"

"I didn't use you! I don't know where you're getting that idea from" he yelled which shocked me. He looked like he was about to have a breakdown. "When we woke up you were so evasive though...like you didn't want me there anymore."

He just looked at me then sighed and sat down on the step. "I didn't sleep that night," he started whilst running his fingers through his hair, "I ended up staying awake and watched you as you slept. For hours I debated how I felt about you and the more I thought about it the more I got frustrated. When you woke up I was going to go to work then bring you some flowers on the way back."

"But why were you so defensive?" I asked absorbing all what he said. He looked at me, "Noah, it was a Monday morning and I had to leave a comfy bed which I was snuggled up in with the guy that I feel deeply for, to go work at some crappy bar"

When he put it like that it did make sense.

"I saw you flirting with a girl though, I need to be able to trus-" he stood up and I took a step back. "You're using any excuse now Noah. What next? I leave at strange times to go to work, is that so suspicious?" he mocked.

I frowned to myself. He tilted my head up having thrown his cigarette away. "That girl gave me her number which I would have thrown out anyway but when I saw you I immediately came running after you. I didn't stay with her. I may have been a player but I promise you, you are the only one who can satisfy me now. These past couple of days I have done nothing but smoke and drink. The thought of sex with anyone but you disgusts me."

I blinked feeling a blush bruise my cheeks, "Charl-"

"Noah, for god sake! I love you" he blurted with so much desperation in his voice. I looked into his eyes and knew he wasn't lying. I felt my heart beat quickly as my stomach fluttered with butterflies. Ugh, why am I such a girl?

I nodded lightly and bit the inside of my cheek. "Ever since I met you I had been amazed," I said quietly which made him look to me confused. "You are the complete opposite of me, deadly good-looks, tall, muscular, tattooed and so confident. I mean hell, you even drive a motorbike, for Christ sake. I was amazed. Even your shitty personality didn't put me off at first. I kind of had that feeling that I just wanted to help you. When you took me out that day to the sanctuary I knew you just wanted someone to cling on to that will always be there." I explained which made a faint blush appear on his cheeks.

"Noah you can sto-" I took his hand and laced our fingers together which shocked him. I smiled up at him. "What I mean is that I will be that person" I finished.

He blinked a couple of times. "You'll stay with me?" he asked. I chuckled at his sudden innocence. "Of course I will, I'm stuck being in love with you too" I pretended to be distressed by it but he lit up like a Christmas tree.

Before I could say anything else he lifted me up and spun me around. I squeaked and clung on but he chuckled and lowered me down until our faces were inches apart. "I feel like my hearts going to burst" he commented which made me roll my eyes.

"I suggest you get that checked out, that's not healthy" I joked but he snorted. "Since when have you become so serious my little innocent pure lover"

I raised a brow, "Well for one, you took my purity" I giggled which made me mentally slap myself. He shook his head lightly then kissed me lightly on the lips.

"You will always be pure to me because you're perfect in every way. Knowing I took your virginity is probably the best gift I have ever received"

I scoffed, "You better keep this gift and make good use of it" I warned but he chuckled before winking. "Oh I will babe, I will" he dropped me to my feet then took my face in between his hands and kissed me right on the lips.

"Charlie," I whispered making him pull back and look at me curiously but with a smile, "I say this out of love but don't kiss me until you've quit smoking" I pulled away and walked indoors leaving him with a big pout on his face.

I couldn't help the happy sensation flood throughout my body as his words rang through my mind. 'Noah, for god sake! I love you'

"Please Noah, one little wittle kiss?" he begged walking into the kitchen after me. I shook my head and laughed as he started tickling me but it wouldn't change my mind.

"Perhaps I could...persuade you" he whispered before sliding his hand onto my ass and gripping. He knew my weak spots. This wasn't good.

I looked at him then smiled, "Oh a hot chocolate would be grand, thanks babe" his jaw dropped and I skipped out of the room happily. When I was out of sight I let out a sigh of relief. That took a lot of will-power.

*

I laughed with Jenna as we had our break. So far I loved this job. It was so close to home and I knew all the people who came as customers and they were always so nice.

"Noah," I looked over as Josh walked in the room with his hands in his pockets, "Charlie's outside and I've been ordered to let you out of work early so here's my order- go away" I scoffed and took my apron off. "Thanks Josh" I smiled sweetly then dashed out of the café.

I walked down the steps and heard the roar of a Ducati. I looked to see my beautiful, rebellious boyfriend sat on his bike with his helmet under his arm. He gestured to the helmet behind him which I picked up to see a flask.

"It's hot chocolate, I thought we could go exploring today" he said cutely. I laughed, pecked his lips then looked him in the eyes. "You had me at hot chocolate."

I jumped on the bike, put my helmet on and kept my hot chocolate close as we sped off down the road to wherever the hell it would lead us- but hey, there's absolutely no rush.

[ end ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 10.4K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜 & 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
11.2K 1.3K 87
A tough-love story, built by insecurities, gets stronger and more passionate in the midst of the ocean. Two different hearts, two different lives, b...
2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
2.6K 83 23
{completed} Ever have a bad day? Yeah, you could say Noah Williams did too. But I can guarantee your bad day had nothing on Noah's. Truly and honestl...