𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏�...

By erubescere

UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been e... More

⎡preface⎦
⎡i; 1⎦
⎡2⎦
⎡3⎦
⎡4⎦
⎡5⎦
⎡6⎦
⎡7⎦
⎡8⎦
⎡9⎦
⎡10⎦
⎡11⎦
⎡12⎦
⎡ii; 13⎦
⎡14⎦
⎡15⎦
⎡16⎦
⎡17⎦
⎡18⎦
⎡19⎦
⎡20⎦
⎡21⎦
⎡22⎦
⎡23⎦
⎡iii; 24⎦
⎡25⎦
⎡26⎦
⎡27⎦
⎡28⎦
⎡29⎦
⎡30⎦
⎡31⎦
⎡32⎦
⎡33⎦
⎡34⎦
⎡35⎦
⎡36⎦
⎡iv; 37⎦
⎡38⎦
⎡39⎦
⎡40⎦
⎡41⎦
⎡42⎦
⎡43⎦
⎡44⎦
⎡45⎦
⎡46⎦
⎡47⎦
⎡48⎦
⎡49⎦
⎡50⎦
⎡51⎦
⎡52⎦
⎡53⎦
⎡54⎦
⎡55⎦
⎡56⎦
⎡57⎦
⎡58⎦
⎡59⎦
⎡60⎦
⎡61⎦
⎡v; 62⎦
⎡63⎦
⎡64⎦
⎡65⎦
⎡66⎦
⎡67⎦
⎡68⎦
⎡69⎦
⎡70⎦
⎡71⎦
⎡72⎦
⎡vi; 73⎦
⎡74⎦
⎡75⎦
⎡76⎦
⎡77⎦
⎡78⎦
⎡79⎦
⎡80⎦
⎡81⎦
⎡vii; 82⎦
⎡83⎦
⎡84⎦
⎡85⎦
⎡86⎦
⎡87⎦
⎡88⎦
⎡89⎦
⎡90⎦
⎡91⎦
⎡92⎦
⎡93⎦
⎡94⎦
⎡95⎦
⎡96⎦
⎡97⎦
⎡98⎦
⎡viii; 99⎦
⎡100⎦
⎡101⎦
⎡102⎦
⎡103⎦
⎡104⎦
⎡105⎦
⎡106⎦
⎡107⎦
⎡108⎦
⎡epilogue; 110⎦

⎡bonus chapter; 109⎦

42.9K 919 1.2K
By erubescere

(Sometime between 2005-2006)

I woke up with severe morning sickness. I felt dizzy and nauseated. Lifting my head a little bit, I could see the bathroom door open. Even raising my head was making the room spin. I fell right back onto the pillow as Draco walked out of the bathroom. He noticed me looking at him and smiled before walking over to me.

"Good morning love." He said kneeling by the bedside.

"Draco, I feel like crap. I'm so nauseous."

His eyebrows furrowed and he felt around my face checking for a fever.

"You certainly don't have a fever. Do you want me to send a letter to your office?"

"I mean I guess. It's not good to miss work at the Ministry."

After we left Hogwarts, I was immediately offered a job at the Ministry. I worked in the Department of International Cooperation. There, I spent the last few years traveling to other countries and learning their ways of governing.

Harry and Hermione also entered the Ministry. Despite our young age, Minister for Magic, Kingsley Shacklebolt made us a part of Wizengamot.

"If you don't feel good Hazel you shouldn't go."

"I guess," I replied glumly. Draco stood up and walked over to the other side of the room to grab some parchment and a quill. I watched as he began to write an explanation for my absence. After he let the owl take the message, he walked back to me, grabbed my hand and kissed my lips.

"I'll see you later." He said squeezing my hand. "If you need anything write to me and I'll be home as soon as possible. I love you."

"I love you too" I replied as he stood up. He bent down to give my lips a quick peck before he left the room, leaving me to sleep longer.

. . .

I woke up again, and nausea had not wholly resided. It was gone enough for me to get up and make some breakfast. Merlin, even with sleep I'm still fatigued. As I ate my breakfast I realized I desperately had to go to the bathroom. I rushed out of my seat and into the bathroom letting my bladder out.

When I was done I noticed that chocolate seemed really mouth watering. As I rummaged through the cabinets for chocolate, I realized that I was not acting like myself. Since when have I had such a large craving of chocolate? Yeah, it's still my favorite sweet but... I decided to go to the study and look for a medical book to check if there might be some strange sickness I had. Maybe it was just my period. But wait when the hell was my last period? I finally found a medical book that I took with me when the trio and I went to search for Horcruxes and began flipping through pages. Then I hit one that caught my eye. It said:

Pregnancy

The earliest symptoms of pregnancy can appear in the first few weeks after conception. Some symptoms might include nausea, tender breasts, dizziness, mood swings, cravings, increased urination, and fatigue.

I reread it to make sure I read it right. I couldn't be pregnant. Could I? I ran out of the study and into my room where I found the calendar on the desk. My period was late by eight days. My eye's widened, and I gasped.

No. This can't be right. I need to call Hermione. (A/N: Hermione is already pregnant at this point by like 3 months, Ginny is not, however. Yet... ; ) But she already had James.) I ran to my bedside table. Where is that damn muggle contraption that Hermione gave me?! She said it was perfect to use when I needed her desperately and an owl wouldn't be fast enough!

After pulling out many objects from my drawer, I finally found the weird flippy thing with buttons on it. Sitting on the floor with my back against the bed, I used the arrow buttons to click on the "Hermione" text on the screen. I put it up to my ear. Ring! ... Ring!...

"Come on... pick up!" I whispered desperately. Finally, I heard something through the other side.

"Hello?" asked the female voice.

"Hermione?" I whispered.

"Hazel? Whats wrong? Why are you using a cell phone?" Hermione asked urgently.

I could feel tears brimming my eyes.

"Hermione, I think I'm pregnant," I said in the smallest voice possible. There was nothing on the other side. "Hello?"

"I'll be right over," was the last thing I heard before the line cut.

. . .

About 15 minutes later, there was a knock on the door. I rushed over to open it. Hermione stood in the doorway her shirt a little out because of her forming baby bump. She gave a small smile and walked in. In silence, she grabbed my hand and sat me down on the couch. Hermione rummaged through her bag and pulled out a little box then handed it to me.

"What's this?" I asked.

"A muggle pregnancy test. Once you unwrap the wrapper, you'll pee on it, and it will tell you whether you're pregnant or not. If there are two lines, it means you're pregnant. If there's one, you're not." Hermione informed me.

She gave me detailed instructions on how to use the stick before it was time for me to go on my own. I got up from the couch and walked to the bathroom. After I did my business, I came back out and sat down next to Hermione, holding the stick in my hands. It was the longest three minutes of my life. It felt like hours. The silence was heavy, and I couldn't move.

"Hazel. I think it's time." Hermione said breaking the silence. I looked at her and nodded. I bit my lip. This could change everything. I turned the stick in my hands and saw it. Two parallel lines. Emotions filled my body. Shock, joy, sadness, worry. I felt like exploding. Hermione glanced over my shoulder.

"Congratulations Hazel!" she exclaimed behind me giving me a side hug. I couldn't move. It was real. I was pregnant. "Hazel?" she asked. Tears racked my body and I began to sob. This was it. Draco was surely going to leave me now. Or worse, stay forever, unhappily, because I have his child. Hermione came over and hugged me. I was careful not to hurt the little bundle in her stomach. "Shhh. Hazel it's going to be alright. Draco will-"

"Do the right thing? I know. He'll be the perfect gentleman he is and smile through it as though I hadn't just ruined his life." I said through sobs.

"Now don't say that Hazel. Draco won't freak out. He loves you, and I'm sure he will be overjoyed to hear about the baby. And if he just so happens to think about leaving you I'll make sure to hex him to oblivion." That made a small smile appear on my face, but it left as quickly as it came.

"But- but what if I'm a bad mother? What if I only make my child's life a living hell? What if I end up like the Dursleys?!" I started to hyperventilate.

"Hazel, Hazel! Shhh..." Hermione said putting her hands on my shoulders. "You're going to be a great mother you know why?"

I shook my head.

"Because. Remember when you were there to see Fleur give birth to Victoire? You cradled that newborn baby like she was the only thing that mattered on earth at that very moment. And let's not forget you are always there to babysit Teddy. He absolutely adores you! You're Aunt Hazel! Trust me, you are going to be one heck of a mother."

"But Hermione. My mother's dead. I won't have much guidance or anything to base my actions off of."

"Well, you'll have me an Ginny to help you out there."

I smiled a bit.

"Thanks, Hermione. Now we can complain about being pregnant to our husbands together." I said. Hermione laughed and gave me another hug.

. . .

I could hear the door open downstairs. "I'm home!" Draco called. I rushed out of the bedroom to greet my husband. He was hanging his coat up when I reached downstairs, but when he turned around and saw me, he smiled and opened his arms. I ran into his arms crushing him in a hug.

"Whoa!" he exclaimed as we collided. "It's nice to see you too love."

I looked up and kissed him passionately on the lips.

"Are you okay sweetheart? You don't usually act like this," he said when we disconnected.

I nodded and forced a smile. My heart was racing. I knew I had to tell him. I took a deep breath and said, "Draco, love, we need to talk."

Draco's face became instantly serious. "Is everything okay?"

All I could do was nod. "Let's sit on the couch." I took Draco's hand and pulled him to couch.

Once we had sat down Draco looked at me confused. "Hazel, you're scaring me."

"I'm scared too" I replied before taking a deep, shaky breath. "Draco. I'm pregnant. Obviously, it's your baby, and I'm really unsure about what to do. I only learned this morning after reading a book then calling Hermione over. She gave me a muggle pregnancy test and a spell book to find out the gender later. I'm sorry I didn't write to you right away; I didn't want to worry you while you were at work. And I didn't want to scare you. I'm sorry. I was just unsure about what do. I'm still not sure about what to do. I'm sorry. If you want me to leave, I understand. I'm sorry." I blabbered out all at once.

I looked at Draco's face as he tried to comprehend what I had just said. Suddenly his confused face turned into one of realization. His expression showed shock and joy. Is he seriously happy about this? Perhaps he's just trying to look happy, but the shock and the horror are taking over him slowly. Suddenly I was pulled into a comforting hug.

"Hazel, why are you apologizing? I understand why you didn't tell me straight away and I understand why you're scared. But why are you apologizing? And why would you want to leave? Unless you don't want me anymore. Or the baby. Or both."

"No no no! Of course, I want you!" I exclaimed pulling away. "You and the baby. I just thought you wouldn't want me. Or the baby. Or both. I thought that you would be angry at me."

"Angry? Why should I be angry when all you've done is make me overjoyed? I'm the happiest man in the world."

I could feel the tears prickling my eyes. I couldn't hold it in, I began to sob on Draco's shirt. He really did want me. Draco ran his hands through my hair and rubbed little circles on my back. Once I had calmed down and separated from the hug Draco asked,

"How are you feeling love?" He took ahold of my hand.

"Better than ever. You?"

"Amazing. I'm going to be a father." He said putting his other hand over my stomach. "I love you so much and I can't wait to start a family with you." He kissed me and my stomach. All I could do was smile.

"Oh! Sweetheart. Hermione gave me a spell book to find out the gender of our baby. Wanna try it out?" I asked, hopeful. Draco chuckled.

"Of course. Let's go."

Hand in hand we walked up to the bedroom. When we got there, I picked the book up from the bed and flipped to the page that was dog-eared. I gave it to Draco and laid down on the bed.

"So after the spell is cast, depending if your stomach turns blue or pink after a minute, we will know the gender of our baby?" Draco asked after scanning the page.

I nodded and pulled up my shirt exposing my stomach. Draco nodded. He pulled out his wand and hovered it over my stomach. He cleared his throat and began to mumble the incantation from the book. When he finished, he put away his wand and put the book by my feet then grabbed my hand.

"I'll bet you a galleon it's a boy." Draco said with his famous smirk.

"What makes you think it's going to be a boy?"I questioned.

"Every Malfoy child has been a boy."

"Well, I hope you're not forgetting that we are throwing a Rosewood into the mix and I like to make changes to the norm. I know it's going to be a girl. A mother always knows."

Suddenly it happened. My stomach glowed... half pink, half blue. I started to panic. "Draco... Draco! What does that mean?" Draco scrambled to get the book. His eyes scanned the pages. Thoughts exploded in my mind, but it somehow led me to think of that time in the 6th year, when Draco and I were looking through the Crystal Ball. I looked up at Draco as he looked up from his book with a smile.

Together we said, "Twins"

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•--•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Ahhh! The last chapter is the epilouge! I'm so sad to be finishing this book but happy it is coming to a close. Thank you for everyone who has read this.

I'm going to start uploading the original after this book  goes under mass editing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 1.3K 40
under editing. this story includes : - fluff - angst - crack - au ------- 𝐻𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑘 : #14 on draco #18 on hufflepuff #369 on wattpad ...
52.8K 1.7K 52
𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄; 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜, 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝...
19.8K 697 45
"𝙒𝙚'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙨𝙠, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙." "𝘼𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚...
2.2K 12 12
𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩 𝘰𝘯 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺. 𝘈𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘏𝘰𝘨𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦...