Reckless

By clarecassidy

*currently editing* Two boys. Two different schools. One game. One goal. Life was easy when you were consider... More

Acknowledgments
Aesthetics
Chapter 1| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 2| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 3| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 4| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 5| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 6| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 7| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 8| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 10| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 11| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 12| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 13| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 14| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 15| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 16| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 17| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 18| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 19| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 20| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 21| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 22| Dakota Anderson [REWRITTEN]
Chapter 23| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]
Exciting News!
Special Little Announcement

Chapter 9| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]

26.6K 1.1K 595
By clarecassidy

"text you to come over no conversion, you on your way with no hesitation, no this isn't love, but it's more than infatuation"

i f*cking lust you • d'african

    My locker door slammed closed just as my phone vibrated in my pocket. Fishing it out, I ignored the onslaught of students bustling through the hallway as the final bell rung for the day.

    Quickly dimming the brightness on my phone, I pulled the device close to my chest and thumbed back a message.

    Someone bumped into me and I swore as I nearly dropped my phone. God forbid people walk normally through the corridor.

I moved to put my phone away when a sudden weight was thrown across my back. Stumbling forward, I dropped the device and it fell to the floor with a loud clang.

"Scott!" I cursed when a familiar laugh sounded in my ear. "What the hell, man? Don't do that."

"Sorry, dude," Scott slid off my back. Trent came to stand on my other side, hands stuffed in his pockets. "You looked all serious glaring at your phone. I had to do something to get you to loosen up."

Rolling my eyes, I bent down to retrieve my phone. The screen remained intact. I began rubbing the fingerprints off it with the sleeve of my hoodie.

Hand still in his pocket, Trent gestured to my phone. "What was that about anyway?"

I looked up. "What?"

"You looked like you were trying to bore a hole through the screen with sheer willpower alone."

"Oh, uh," I glanced down before looking back up, trying to think of an answer to give them. Pocketing my phone quickly before Dakota could text again, I said, "Mum just texted me to pick up pasta sauce on the way home, that's all."

"Man, I miss your mum's cooking." Trent sighed happily. "It feels like forever since we've been to your place." He grinned at me. "Hey, why don't we have a boys night at your house tonight? Mum's having some clients over for dinner at our house and I'm sure she'd be less stressed if I wasn't around. She'd just make me clean the bathroom three times over before it's perfect."

Scott's grin said he was completely on board with the idea. "Great idea, man! We can get drunk and play Dark Souls III on the PS4." He winked. "I know the girl working cash at Liquorland who can get us a discount."

I bit my lip. This was bad. This was really bad.

"Um," I attempted to laugh, rubbing the back of my head. "Sorry, guys. I'm actually pretty wiped. Rain check?"

"You're tired?" Scott's eyes widened. "It's Friday night and you're tired? You're Connor Taylor! The life of every party! C'mon man, it's been weeks since we had a night to ourselves."

I laughed awkwardly. "Sorry, dude. Between soccer practice, Drew being in town, and studying for exams, I'm exhausted. Plus, we have our English essay due on Monday."

Scott huffed. "Fine. Be boring and responsible for now. We'll drag it out of you sooner or later."

This time, I laughed for real. "Sorry, Scottie. I'll make it up to you. Next time."

"You'd better, Taylor."

***

The afternoon wore on. I headed straight for the shower when I got home, changing into a clean pair of jeans and a white hoodie before Mum recruited me to help her make dinner. Drew was driving home tomorrow so Mum wanted his last meal with us to be special.

By the time I was heading upstairs, it was a quarter past nine. Mum had gone all out with dinner, preparing Drew's favourite dishes – four-cheese pasta bake, mashed potatoes, crispy homemade bread and strawberry cheesecake for dessert. There was wine, though I'd declined any seeing as I still had to drive after.

Quickly brushing my teeth, I went back to my room and slipped a denim jacket over my hoodie, collecting my wallet and car keys on my way out the door. A small series of cologne bottles sat on my dresser, most of which were Christmas gifts I'd collected over the years. I passed by them easily. I'd never bothered to dress up for sex with Dakota, and I could only imagine the other boy's unbearable ridicule if he ever caught a whiff of cologne and thought I'd done it for his sake. The mockery would be endless.

"I'm heading out!" I called down the hall when I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Hold on." Mum appeared in the doorway from the kitchen, a dish towel hanging over one shoulder. "You didn't mention you were going out tonight. Where are you headed?"

I swallowed thickly, hoping it didn't show on my face. "Scott wants to see the new Deadpool. I said I'd go with him."

"Is Trent going too?"

"He's got a family thing."

"Okay." Mum smiled. "Tell Scott I said hello. Have fun, sweetheart."

I could only nod, turning and making my way to the front door. "Yeah. Thanks, Mum."

Peak-hour was well and truly over so the drive to Dakota's took only ten minutes. I parked outside on the street, passed through the front gates and headed up the driveway to their front door. Only Dakota's Lexus sat in the drive which meant his parents weren't home. I rung the bell once and waited.

Dakota opened the door, looking devilishly handsome in jeans and a black crew neck. His dark hair was tousled, as though he'd been running his hands through it. Or someone else had.

"You locked the door." I said as I stepped over the threshold into their marble-floored entryway.

Dakota closed the door behind me and flipped the lock again. "My mum prefers it's locked at night when I'm home alone."

"And where are your parents this evening?"

"Don't act like you care."

I sighed. "You really can't tell me one thing about yourself?"

He smirked. "You want to know something about me? Okay. I'm horny and that's the only reason you're here. Talking isn't necessary."

I rolled my eyes, giving him a mock salute. "Whatever you say, Captain."

We climbed the stairs, Dakota in the lead. I took the brief opportunity to admire the other athlete's ass. For how much of a jackass he was, it wasn't fair that he was so attractive. Sharp jawline, smooth skin, defined muscles. I could stare at that mouth all day if it didn't open and start talking.

Dakota lead me into his bedroom. He locked the door for good measure before wasting no time approaching me. Lips were on my neck in seconds, teeth grazing just below my ear as they worked their way down to my collarbone. A skilled flick of the tongue had me sighing in pleasure within moments.

"You good?" Dakota asked.

"Yep."

"Still want this?"

"God, yes."

Gripping the lapel of my jacket, Dakota gently pushed it off my shoulders and onto the floor. He reached for the hem of my hoodie next, pulling both it and my t-shirt over my head and tossing them aside.

Night had fallen and I now stood shirtless in his dimly lit room, the only source of light being the golden hue of his bedside lamp.

"Fuck, you're hot." Dakota's lips worked over my neck again, hands on my waist.

I gasped. "I'm not the only one."

I reached for the hem of his crew neck and pulled it up over his head, tossing it carelessly aside. Dakota responded by ridding me of my jeans until I stood in nothing but my boxers.

Dakota eyed the small lions printed on the material. "Seriously?"

"I may be wearing the lions," I smirked. "But you're the catty bitch."

A startled laugh escaped my mouth as I was hoisted up, legs instinctively wrapping around Dakota's waist as he carried me over to the bed. He dumped me in the centre of the mattress before crawling on top of me. "Catty bitch, huh? Okay, then let's just see who purrs like one."

He lowered his head to kiss me but I rolled over before our lips could connect, switching our positions.

"You talk a big game." I grinned down at him. "So, you should have no trouble proving it from below."

Dakota sighed. "Fine."

The talking stopped after that, sound dissolving into a mixture of sighs and moans as things heated up. It didn't take us long to fall into the rhythm we'd established long ago.

Three rounds later, we decided to call it a night. I fell back on my side and waited for my breath to even out.

"Well," Dakota said beside me, "that worked for me."

I side-eyed him. "You and me both."

"Wanna go another round?"

"I don't think you're up for it."

"A convenient excuse."

Rolling onto my stomach, I grinned at him. "I won by the way."

"Hm?"

"You were louder than me."

"Tonight." Dakota corrected. One arm laid across his eyes, the tips of his hair beginning to curl across the top of his forehead under a thin layer of sweat. "Don't get used to it, Taylor."

"I'm already used to it."

"That's the problem."

Falling back into a comfortable silence, I took the rare opportunity to study the layout of Dakota's bedroom, noting how different it was to mine. Where my room was colourful and chaotic, Dakota's was plain and minimalist.

The walls were painted a light grey with the occasional hanging art piece I was certain he hadn't picked it out himself. Each piece of furniture was a matching shade of gunmetal black which provided a neat contrast against the flowy white curtains. Despite the room's size, only a desk, Queen bed and dresser filled the space, each of their surfaces bare and clean. The only exception was the bookshelf in the corner, which was crammed full of books. From what I could tell, most of them were hardcover classics.

My eyes caught on a silver laptop half closed on the desk. The screen was dimmed but a splash of colour could be made out in the dark. I gasped.

Swinging my legs onto the floor, I hurried over to the desk and flipped the laptop fully open, not quite believing what I was seeing. I was even more surprised to prove myself right.

"What are you doing?"

Turning back to Dakota with the laptop, I exclaimed, "You watch Black Butler?"

Dakota, who up until this point had been lazing in bed, ignoring me, was now sitting up and watching me with a heated glare. The way his eyes darkened combined with his sex hair shouldn't have been as hot as it was.

"Put it back." He demanded, climbing out of bed.

I ignored him. "You have every episode! How long have you been watching this? Have you read the manga series? I think you can download it on-"

The laptop was snatched out of my hands. A glowering Dakota stood over me. "What," he demanded, "do you think you are doing?"

"Isn't it obvious? We're bonding!"

"We're not bonding. You're just too ignorant to understand the concept of boundaries. Go home, Taylor."

"Nope." I smirked. The fact that we were both still naked wasn't lost on me. "I told my mum I was seeing a movie tonight so you're stuck with me for at least another hour."

"Oh, absolutely not. I'm not having that." Dakota crossed to the room to the door and opened it wide in gesture. "Get out."

"We need to talk about your manner of hospitality."

"Great," Dakota drawled, "why don't you write it down and put it in a little glittery envelope under my pillow? I'll be sure to read it each night before I go to bed."

"You're an ass." I said. "There's no reason you and I can't have a civil conversation."

"I can think of a reason."

"Which is?"

"I don't like you!" Dakota tilted his head back and banged it against the wall. "We're not friends, Taylor. We play soccer and we fuck. That's all there is to it."

I folded my arms across my chest, flashing him a smirk. "I think you just managed to sum up your entire personality in one sentence."

"Oh, screw you." He gestured again to the doorway. "Leave."

"Nah," I picked up the laptop again and carried it to the bed. The cursor moved and I saw he was on the sixth episode of season two. "This is one of my favourite animes. I'm watching it even if you don't."

Dakota made a noise of exasperation. "Oh, for gods sake." He stormed over to the bed. "Go home, Taylor. I'm not telling you again."

"Thank God." I collapsed against the stack of pillows against the headboard. "You were starting to sound like a broken record." I pressed Play on the laptop and settled in as the opening theme song began to play.

Waves of anger were rolling off Dakota where he stood beside the bed. I could see he was attempting to make sense of the situation and figure out my motives for refusing to leave. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a kick out of seeing him so worked up, but there was a flicker of curiosity in me that I wanted to explore before extinguishing.

Up until today I hadn't thought we had anything in common. There was an undeniable polarity in every aspect of our lives, from schools to friends to appearances to personalities. We weren't even part of the same economical class, for god's sake. Having something in common with Dakota Anderson was as dangerous as it was intriguing.

I'd been attempting to focus solely on the show as if to make out like I was ignoring Dakota. My plan worked a little too well because I startled when the bed shifted and Dakota dropped down beside me.

"Fine." He snapped. "But only because arguing with you means I have to hear the sound of your voice longer. Just don't forget whose bed you're in, jackass."

My lip curled upward. "As if I could ever forget."

Dakota resumed his position of laying down with one arm tossed over his eyes. For all I knew, he was sleeping or had perfected the art of ignoring me. I'd have assumed the former if not for the quiet fury that seemed to be humming beneath his skin every time he exhaled.

An hour had passed when the episode credits began to roll. I hit Pause before another episode could start automatically playing and climbed out of bed. Mum had texted half an hour ago asking when I would be home. I sent her a message now telling her I was on my way.

"You're leaving?"

I turned at the sound of Dakota's rough voice. He must've been dozing. "Yeah. I told my mum I was heading home."

"Oh, thank fuck." Dakota sat up. The sheets had tangled around his waist, leaving his legs and torso bare in all their muscled glory. "I was ten minutes out from calling the cops on you for trespassing."

"You invited me here."

"You overstayed your welcome when I told you to get out."

I scoffed. "You didn't seem to mind when I was getting i-"

"Finish that sentence and I'm going to end the night in a cellblock."

"At least you'd be humbled." I gestured to encompass the entirety of his bedroom. "How can you have everything and still be an asshole?"

"I don't have everything."

"Right." I drawled. "Daddy bought you a red Mustang instead of the bedazzled blue one. It must suck getting everything handed to you just because you ask. Really, I feel so sorry for you."

"Taylor," Dakota fixed me with a glare. "Shut up."

"Oh," I faked a pout in his direction, "am I upsetting you? I didn't realise you could feel anything outside of that silver spoon lodged in your mouth."

"I'll lodge it somewhere else if you don't stop speaking."

"Wow, you're threatening me. How original. I almost believed it, if only you'd-oof!"

Dakota wrenched me back on the bed and pinned my body below his. In my desperate attempt to escape, his elbow had caught in my stomach. I I coughed violently, desperately sucking air back into my lungs after its abrupt exit.

Dakota was smirking above me. "You deserved that."

"Did you have to do it so hard?"

"Never heard you complain about that before."

"Let me go."

"Oh," Dakota said in a sing-song voice, "now he wants to leave. Imagine that."

"Dakota. Let me up!"

"Say the magic word."

"Fuck you."

He caught my left wrist and pinned it above my head. "That's not the magic word."

"Dakota, I swear to God-"

"I'll give you to the count of three."

"-if you don't let me up this instant,"

"One."

"-I'm going to kick you in the-"

"Two."

"-balls, and trust me when I say it's the only thing you've got going for you."

"Thre-"

"Okay!"

His hand moved away from my side, eyebrow raised. "Okay?"

I huffed. "Okay. Just-" I smacked his hand aside, "let me up."

He leaned back on his knees. "Are you going to keep being a little shit?"

I pushed him off me in response and rolled off the bed. I dressed silently, pulling my keys from the pocket of my jeans and toeing on my shoes. Before I left the room, I walked back over to the bed.

Dakota was watching me, unashamedly still naked. "What are you doing?"

Smiling sweetly, I leaned in to kiss him, pleased when he responded easily, "That's for the fuck." Bringing my fist back, I drove it into his gut, grinning devilishly when he groaned and collapsed into a pitiless ball on the bed, "and that is for being an asshole."

"What the hell," Dakota groaned, "is the matter with you?"

"Since you don't have a sub for aftercare," I headed for the door, still smiling as I turned back to face him. "Now you have yourself to tend to."

"Eat glass, Taylor!"

"Lick rust, Anderson!"

The door swung shut on my victory.

***

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE

What did you guys think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5M 382K 67
"I fucking hate you." "You shouldn't really say things like that when my dick is up your ass, Norris." Two hot-headed athletes with overflowing rage...
1.9K 48 16
"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, confused. Did I have something on my face or what? Weirdo. "You..." He trailed off, without finishing...
197K 8.1K 47
One road trip. That was all that it took to tear Zaavan Fleetwood and Vance Dallas's lives apart. It wasn't fair - walls are always built for a reaso...
1.1M 41.2K 47
The son of the schools old, but famous, QB jock and head cheerleader - Andrew Simmons. He was supposed to be the next legacy of Winster High, the one...