ANGRBODA ※ Tony Stark [1]

By Fleur-DeLys

❝ Having you around has made Earth seem strangely... tolerable. ❞ Known as the Harpy for her fierce and calcu... More

❝ ... ❞
Synopsis
{ A Group of Remarkable People }
✪ Phase 1 ✪
1 - A ROUGH LANDING
2 - SURRENDER
3 - A LITTLE LIGHTNING
4 - ANGIE
5 - EVERYTHING YOU THINK YOU KNOW
6 - HOME
✪ Phase 2 ✪
7 - BLEAK
8 - DIRTY SECRETS
9 - BE CAREFUL
10 - PRIMAL
11 - AGENT COULSON
12 - GUILT
✪ Phase 3 ✪
13 - SHAPESHIFTER
14 - THE THINGS WE LOVE
15 - AS FAR AS I KNOW
16 - 42ND FLOOR
17 - CARVINGS
✪ Phase 4 ✪
18 - FENRIR
19 - PANIC ATTACK
20 - PROJECT T.A.H.I.T.I.
21 - ADVISOR
22 - THE JOY AND THE MISERY
✪ Phase 5 ✪
23 - TIME TO SUIT UP
24 - THE PORTAL
25 - THE BATTLE OF NEW YORK
26 - ALIVE
27 - SMASH
28 - OUT OF TIME
30 - FULL CIRCLE
Epilogue.
➾ Sequel

29 - ANSWERS

6.3K 218 26
By Fleur-DeLys

THE S.H.I.E.L.D MEDICAL TEAM moved around each Avenger like a cloud of bees. They were brought back to the Helicarrier under the orders of Fury and the main bridge had been accommodated for them. He was overseeing that they all got proper medical care, even Bruce, who had gone back to his normal self.

It was definitely more practical to keep them away from the public eye for now. Every media outlet on the planet was blowing up with footage and reports on the seven heroes who fought against an alien army in New York. The world had never seen anything like it.

Loki had been caught somewhere in the rubbles and taken into S.H.I.E.L.D's custody. He hadn't fought off much. After all, there wasn't anything left to fight for anymore. He knew he had lost.

The Scepter and the Tesseract were hidden away and placed in secure containers. As soon as Thor was ready to go, he'd take them back to Odin's vault in Asgard, where they belonged.

Fury scanned the room. All seven of them were sitting around, recovering from the battle and getting their wounds checked up. Natasha was teasing Banner about something, making the rest chuckle. They were chatting away like the oldest of friends, like they hadn't just fought off the greatest threat in the history of mankind.

His eye landed on The Harpy sitting on the side with Stark. A medical assistant was wrapping her arm in a thin bandage. He walked over to her and stood, hands folded against his back.

"Angrboda."

The Harpy looked up at him. The worried frown he'd gotten used to seeing on her face had disappeared. She looked completely serene for once.

"Fury."

The quick glance she exchanged with Tony did not escape him. She stood up to face the Director, expectantly. Fury cleared his throat.

"I'd like to apologize for what I said a few days ago," he winced slightly "For the record, I would never—"

"It's alright Director," she cut him off, looking amused. The truth was, Angrboda simply did not have the drive to care about these things anymore. It seemed so futile in the grand scheme of things and especially after all that had happened.

Fury cracked a small smile — probably the first one she'd seen since she met him — glad there wasn't any bad blood between them. He soon left her to rest and Angrboda sat back next to Tony; an amused grin on her face.

"What was that about?" Tony asked as one of the nurses stitched up a wound above his brow.

"He's just holding out an olive branch," she shrugged, leaning against her seat "It's a nice gesture."

Tony didn't say anything. For him, it was enough that they made it out alive. His heartfelt look made a certain warmth surge in her chest. If she was that kind of woman, she would have probably been flustered, maybe even blushed.

No point in denying it anymore: she was completely and stupidly in love with this man.

"Remember what we talked about?" he finally broke the silence "When all of this is over... Malibu."

Angie's face fell slightly. It wasn't what he said. No, the wish of Malibu was still there. She wanted it as much as he did but... it ushered her back to Loki's revelation, somehow. His words still haunted her.

"Tony... there's something I've been meaning to tell you," she finally said "About Loki."

"What about him?"

"During the battle, he said something..." she trailed off hesitantly. It was hard to say it out loud when she could barely fathom the idea "He said my brother... Fenrir... he's alive."

Tony's eyes widened in shock. He stayed quiet for a second, wrapping his head around what she just said "Do you believe him?"

Angie heaved a long sigh "I don't know," she ran a hand through her hair pensively "But I need to find out."

"I should have known you'd come to gloat."

Loki felt her presence the second she walked into the room. S.H.I.E.L.D had allowed her to get as close as she wanted — not that they were in a position to refuse her anything, to be honest.

This time the humans had locked him up in a chamber, rather than a cell. He had adamantium cuffs around his wrists and ankles, restraining his movements. They were useless measures; the sad reality being that Loki had no fight left in him anyway.

The S.H.I.E.L.D guard closed the door behind Angrboda, leaving the two of them alone. The chamber was brightly lit and only furnished with two chairs and a table — almost like an interrogation room.

She sat down quietly in front of him, her face tranquil but impassible.

"I want answers," she said simply.

"Don't we all."

"Let's not beat around the bush," she held his gaze for a long moment. His eyes were unusually earnest. She could tell he had no tricks or deceits left to use against her "Loki, is it true? Is my brother really alive?"

Loki heaved a long sigh "I'd lie about many things you know. But not this."

"As if that would be beneath you," her eyes narrowed mockingly "In any case, I won't pretend I forgive all you've done or that I hold anything but contempt for you, but this is Fenrir we're talking about. You owe me that much."

"See that's where you're wrong, I don't owe you anything at all," Loki's face was completely impassible "But I cared for Fenrir. I owe it to him, if anyone."

That was true. Despite all his cruelty and vices, Loki had loved her brother like he was his own. Back when she was his companion — a lifetime ago — it was one of the things she appreciated most about him. He had been particularly affectionate and protective of the child. Even today, it was the only thing that kept her from despising him completely; the only thing that made her retain a hint of esteem for Loki.

"At least we agree on this," Angrboda smirked.

He inhaled deeply and folded his hands together, resting them on the table between them "What do you want to know?"

"Is Fenrir alive?"

"I told you he was."

"I'm double-checking. Can you blame me?" she sneered "I want to know how you can be so sure. No one survives falling off the Bifrost."

"I saw him in my exile, isn't that proof enough?"

"Where?!"

Loki stayed quiet for a second, searching his memories "On Xandar," he finally said.

Angrboda didn't know what to think. Xandar was lightyears away, further than any of the nine realms. How could it be possible that her brother — who had been a child at the time — survived his gruesome accident and made it all the way to Xandar? She couldn't imagine Fenrir, now an adult, being alive and well on the other side of the galaxy.

The Harpy bit the inside of her lip, maintaining a stern expression. She had promised herself not to get emotional. The battle of New York had drained her enough; she needed to keep a sound mind through all this.

"And what was he doing there? How did he get so far away?"

Loki shrugged "I don't know. I never spoke to him and he didn't even see me. I stayed on Xandar for a very short time."

"Then how do you know it was him?" she argued "He must have changed a lot after all these years."

He held a jaded expression "Do you really think I wouldn't recognise Fenrir?"

She didn't answer his question and in a way, it was an answer in itself. He had a point after all. Loki and the child had been very close, almost as close as the brother and his sister. When a person was loved so fiercely and seared so strongly into your memories, forgetting them was not even an option. Time and distance really didn't matter.

Angrboda pushed the chair back and stood up, her gaze not leaving him for a second "Thank you, I guess."

She began to head for the door but his next few words stopped her dead in her tracks.

"I never got the chance to tell you but I'm truly sorry about the destruction of Jötuheim. I had nothing to do with it."

She felt a small spike of anger surge through her, but repressed it as fast as it came. No, there was no way she would lose composure. Not for anything or anyone, and especially not over Loki.

"But you did nothing to stop it," she retorted calmly.

"I have no belonging to Jötunheim and you know that... just like I don't have any for Asgard. I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear."

Oddly enough, he didn't sound as smug as she thought he would. Perhaps he was more apologetic than he let on. The thought appeased her, ever so slightly.

"It was the home of your ancestors," she said quietly "My people were wiped out because you stood on the side and did nothing."

He definitely didn't like her self-righteous tone, even though she was staying remarkably calm. The truth was, Loki felt worse about it than he'd like to admit. But maybe he didn't need to. After all, Angrboda knew him well enough to see through his cold facade.

"Seems to me like you've moved past it," he finally said; his tone sounded almost accusing.

"Not that I care to prove anything to you, but you're wrong. I will carry the legacy of Jötunheim until the end of my days."

Loki stared at her for a few seconds before letting his trademark pompous smirk take over "Heavens, you've grown soft."

"Maybe," she shrugged "I've learned it's not such a bad thing after all."

Loki let out an amused chuckle "I wasn't so surprised to see Thor enjoying his stay among the meagre might of Earth... but I never expected you to take it a step further and become one of them... Angie."

"The meagre might of Earth could've taught you a few things," she said matter-of-factly "Perhaps you wouldn't be fated to spend the rest of your days in the dungeons of Asgard if you had realized it sooner."

She watched, satisfied, as his smirk melted into a slight frown.

"And yes, I do love this world as if it were my own," Angrboda continued with a shrug "Why should I deny it?"

Loki cocked an eyebrow "Something tells me you're not staying here for long, though."

"No of course not. I'm leaving to find Fenrir. And when I do, we'll make our home here."

"Sentiments..." he puffed out, rolling his eyes "When have things ever been that simple?"

She had to admit, he wasn't wrong. But that didn't mean she'd let his words faze her. She was determined to reunite with her brother, whatever the cost may be; and then, she would come right back to Earth — back to Tony.

Angrboda's tranquil smile didn't falter as she turned back to the door of the chamber. She glanced back at her former companion one last time through the doorframe,

"Sleep well tonight Loki. Tomorrow will be the day you face Asgardian justice."

___________________________________

One more chapter + the epilogue until the end of this story ;_; omg... I'm so excited for the sequel though!!

Please don't forget to like and comment ♡

-L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

542K 17.8K 48
This story is quite opposite of the most I've read since Loki will be babysitting you. You didn't want to be part of the Avengers but you were forced...
2.7K 29 19
She has always stood in the shadow of her brother never been able to show her wiseness to her father. But when time threatens she slowly comes out fr...
1.8M 43K 200
Hi, everyone! Welcome to my Marvel Imagines book. I encourage you to at least try this book out. If you don't like it, that's fine! I will say that i...
45.2K 1.8K 83
Naturally, you were one of the toughest and most skilled soldiers in the world, but being tossed into a world where the entire universe depends on yo...