NEVER LET ME GO ✔️ (COMPLETED)

By crazywriter1116

This is a story of Aashi Verma and Rishabh Khurana. The two of them were bffs since kindergarten. But their s... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1~ Friends for Life
Chapter 2~ A Responsible Friend
Chapter 3~ First Day of College
Chapter 4~ Fight
Chapter 5~ Try Outs and Lucky Charm
Chapter 6~ Treat and Suspicion
Chapter 7~ Plan with Friends
Chapter 8~ Jealousy, Camping, and Bonfire
Chapter 9~ Dying Campfire & Kiss
Chapter 10~ She is Trouble
Chapter 11 ~ Determination
Chapter 12~ Family Trip
Chapter 13~ Fight!
Chapter 14~ Heartbreak & Desperation
TEASER
Chapter 15~ Playing Cupid
Chapter 16~ The Cracks
Chapter 17~ The Farewell Party
Chapter 18~ I have got Proof
Chapter 19~ It's Over
Chapter 20~ Ten Years Later
Chapter 21~ Marry Me
TEASER
Chapter 22~ An Old Friend
Chapter 23~ Welcome to the New City
Chapter 24~ Meet Vimala Tai
Chapter 25~ The Candidates
Chapter 26~ Disturbed
Chapter 27~ Estranged Lovers
Chapter 28~ Is He here?
Chapter 29~ Ex-Best Friend
Chapter 30~ The Interview
Chapter 31 ~ The New Sales Manager
Chapter 32~ Other Options
TEASER
Chapter 33~ Aashi and Rishabh
Chapter 34~ Married?
Chapter 35~ Avoiding him
Chapter 36~ Accident
Chapter 37~ Rishabh Wakes Up
Chapter 38~ Welcome Home
Chapter 39~ Why?
Chapter 40~ A Friend and a Jerk
Chapter 41~ Awkward and Blush
Chapter 42~ Confess
Chapter 43~ The Ex-Lover
Chapter 44~ I got Flowers!
Chapter 45~ An Unpleasant Guest
Chapter 46~ Without You
Chapter 47~ Possessive
Chapter 48~ Getting Jealous and Drunk
Chapter 49~ A Budding Romance
TEASER
Chapter 50 ~ Angry Bff
Chapter 52~ The Plan
Chapter 53~ He is Jealous
Chapter 54~ The First Love
Chapter 55~ The Match
TEASER
Chapter 56~ His Reaction
Chapter 57~ It's Shopping Time
Chapter 58~ Coming Closer
TEASER
Chapter 59~ Married!!!
Chapter 60~ Moving On
TEASERS
Chapter 61~ Confession
Chapter 62~ Not Friends Anymore
Chapter 63~ Flirting
TEASER
Chapter 64~ Patch Up
Chapter 65~ First Kiss
Chapter 66~ Romance
Chapter 67~ Forgotten
Chapter 68~ A Promise
NEVER LET ME GO
EPILOGUE
New Book Alert

Chapter 51~ Dinner and Serious Talk

8.4K 446 29
By crazywriter1116

'You can't wear that. That is ghastly.' Suchitra made a face eyeing the pastel pink frill fork Aashi showed her. Aashi has limited wardrobe but honestly, she is better than this. Suchitra walked passed and began rummaging through her cupboard suggesting her that she should try chick look rather than glamourous one as it is casual dinner. Aashi nodded.

Finally, after searching for half an hour they decided on a flute sleeved off shoulder wine red top and high waist black pants. The choker necklace proved to be a serious choker for Aashi and she realized that is rightly called what it is called. She adjusted it on her throat, looked at her reflection and smiled. She picked up her comb and began combing her hair. She left it open with a side parting.

With black kohl, red lip gloss, red nail polish, a generous amount of perfume and black high platform heels, Aashi was done. She turned to Suchitra and asked for her opinion.

Suchitra smiled widely and gave thumbs up. Aashi smiled back. She took her black clutch purse and bid goodbye to her friend.

'All the best.' Suchitra called after her.

'Thanks.' Aashi called back nervously.

******************************

Aashi parked her car outside Rishabh's building and dialed his number. He asked her to wait two minutes. After she cut the call, she opened her purse and fished out a flip hand mirror. She switched on the lights and checked her make-up. This is so unlike her, but then she had never been on a date before. But then, is this a date? Irritated, Aashi closed the mirror and dropped it back in the purse. She looked ahead as she tapped her fingers on the steering wheel. Her heart beating fast with excitement and nervousness.

A few minutes later, Aashi heard a tap on the window of the passenger seat and she turned her head. She smiled on spotting Rishabh's face peeping from the other side. He smiled back. She leaned and unlocked the door and he got in.

'Hey.'

'Hey!'

Aashi was about to start the engine when Rishabh interrupted her. She looked at him confused.

'Dinner is on me, so.' - He pointed towards the steering wheel. Aashi blinked for a second before getting what he meant.

She smiled and nodded, - 'Cool.' The two then got down the car and exchanged places.

'Where are we going?' Aashi asked as she buckled her seatbelt. Rishabh smiled but doesn't answer, Aashi frowned. She kept insisting but Rishabh didn't budge, instead, he switched on the radio and her voice got muffled. She glared at him, but he kept smiling.

********************************

Finally, they reached their destination and Aashi had her jaw dropped. She looked at Rishabh and folded her arms across. 'Rooftop Café? Seriously?'

'Yeah.' Rishabh shrugged and Aashi shook her head. 'They serve such awesome dishes here.' He added.

'Haan, but with the suspense.... Acha, let us try this out.' Aashi said. She noted Rishabh's fallen face and she sighed.

'I am sorry.' - She held his shoulder and apologized. Rishabh looked at her and smiled. She smiled and pinched his nose.

'Oww!' He winced and Aashi giggled. After she stopped laughing she noticed Rishabh looking at her. There was something different in that look. Aashi's smile disappeared and she stared at him without moving a muscle. A minute later, Rishabh looked away and Aashi blinked. He exhaled deeply and turned to look at her. Aashi noted him smiling forcefully, - 'Let us go.' He gestured with his head and Aashi nodded.

Together they walked into the restaurant and walked up to the terrace. The weather is pleasant and the ambiance very relaxing. A serene smile appeared on Aashi's face. She looked at Rishabh. He smiled too but there was something missing. Aashi knew him since childhood and she could tell that he is still depressed.

Why are you torturing yourself, Rishabh – She thought to herself with a sad smile. A waiter greeted them and took them to an empty seat. Aashi and Rishabh are both happy to get a seat next to the parapet. They sat facing each other and the waiter passed them the menu.

'Feel free to order anything. The bill is on me.' Rishabh said opening the menu card.

'Then I will order the most expensive dish.' Aashi replied and grinned evilly. Rishabh smiled shaking his head.

After the waiter had taken their order and left, Aashi turned her head and looked ahead. The tall buildings captivated her. She smiled. But soon, her smile faded when she heard him call her softly. She turned to look at him. He looked back seriously.

'I am sorry.' Rishabh said sincerely. Aashi smiled genuinely and tilted her head little to one side.

'Arey, you are still sulking about today morning.' She waved her hand looking away briefly before looking back at him.

'I am not talking only about today morning.' He said, and she froze. She looked at him holding her breath. He smiled sadly and lowered his head.

'I was such a fool.' He said shaking his head. Aashi's heart dropped. Why is he blaming himself? The thought hurting her more. He looked up at her and she extended her hand. Before she could hold his, he held her hand and she inhaled inwardly.

'Rishabh.' – Aashi began softly, she extended her other hand and placed her palms on their overlapping ones, - 'Don't blame yourself. You weren't at fault.'

'Then whose fault was it?' He asked staring into her eyes. Looking at the intensity Aashi was taken aback.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, - 'Laila's.' She said. She noticed the color of his face disappear and his grip over her palm loosened. After so many years, the name crept in between the two best friends again. Rishabh looked away shaking his head.

'No, no. It was my fault,' – He looked at her again, - 'For someone, I hardly knew I was doubting you. And even...slap-'

'Rishabh.' Aashi held his palm tightly. 'That girl manipulated you so cleverly. ****' Aashi said bitterly and Rishabh looked stunned that she used a harsh word. Aashi has always been a sweet girl. She looked back and grinned.

'I don't know what had gotten into me.' Rishabh said moving his palm and touching his face.

'You were bitten by the love bug. She was hot.' Aashi said looking at Rishabh. He glared at her. Giving her an I-am-serious look.

Aashi sighed rolling her eyes. 'Rishabh, that was past, okay? And I forgive you for that. Don't think about it.' She said seriously. Rishabh lowered his head and moved his hand. He sighed.

'I wish I could just go in the past and change everything.' He commented and Aashi pressed her lips tightly. She folded her arms and placed it on the table all the while glaring at her stupid friend.

'You can't do that unless you have a time machine.' She looked curiously at him and raised her eyebrow, - 'Do you?'

Rishabh sighed moving his head. Aashi suppressed a smile.

'Since you don't have one then what is the point in crying over spilled milk. You spend so many years of your life in misery. Now, is the time you start living your life.' She explained. Rishabh shook his head and Aashi held his palm again, - 'It is time to move on. Find love again.' Aashi tried explaining. Rishabh moved his hand. He looked seriously into her eyes.

'I have gone through that path once. I can't go there again. I have said you. Being with Laila was the biggest mistake of my life. So many expectations, so many.... All girls are the same, Aashi. Now look at us,' – He pointed at them and Aashi bit her lips, - 'We are friends, everything is fine but the moment we get into a relationship. Everything will change.' He said. Unknowingly he made Aashi slightly hopeful that they could be in a relationship.

She nodded and exhaled deeply, - 'So, what is your plan? Stay single all your life.'

Rishabh looked at her and nodded, - 'Yes.'

Aashi is surprised, - 'Are you serious?' She looked away briefly and then back at him again, - 'One bitter experience and you are going to destroy your whole life?'

Rishabh shook his head, - 'I am not destroying my life, I am protecting it.' He said seriously.

Aashi rolled her eyes, - 'Yeah, right.' She said to herself and then looked at him again, - 'But you can't spend your life like this. You need a partner.'

'What is the need to get married for that. I have you, right? We are friends, right?' Rishabh reasoned and Aashi rolled her eyes again.

'But unlike you, I am not going to stay single forever, Rishabh. What after my marriage, huh?' She asked him. Now, she is losing her cool.

Rishabh held her palm tightly and she looked up.

'You are not getting married.' He said bluntly. Aashi's heart skipped a beat as she sensed a tinge of possessiveness in his voice and then an idea came into her head. She smiled inwardly.

Before either of them could say anything further the waiter arrived with their order.

**********************************

While they had dinner, Aashi was successful in distracting Rishabh. They spoke random things and enjoyed their meal. After dinner, they happily left the restaurant.

'Aashi?' Rishabh called. She turned her head, her hand on the handle of the car door. She looked at him and nodded. He smiled. 'Let us walk a little bit?' He said. Aashi nodded instantly and joined him.

'Just tell you had gas and that's why you wanted to walk.' Aashi teased him as they walked together. Rishabh gave her a disgusted look and she chuckled. They then turned to face the road and continued to walk.

As they walked together, Rishabh's palm accidentally brushed against Aashi's and she gasped. He looked at her and asked what happened. She doesn't reply and simply shook her head. Rishabh frowned on noticing her smile.

'Just cold.' She pointed around. Rishabh nodded.

'Sadly, I don't have a coat to give you.' He joked. Aashi looked at him and then chuckled. Watching him Aashi couldn't be happier. The joke wasn't even that funny but Aashi found it million times funnier than any other joke because Rishabh was laughing very hard at it. She held his arm protectively and he stopped laughing. The two stared at each other.

HONK...HONK... A car's honking separated the two and they looked away. Aashi turned around and realized they have walked very far away from the car. She suggested they leave and Rishabh agreed. They turned and together they walked towards the car. All the while, Aashi held his arm tightly.

******************************

Loved their heart-to-heart talk *sigh* It was so needed. And Awww their walk..... 

How was the Chapter, guys? Drop in your comments, please *_* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 16.6K 55
COMPLETED! "I need time, please. I don't think I can be friends with you right now. I'm sorry. I really am," she said. Madhan merely nodded. T...
358K 17.5K 72
Highest rank#1 in chicklit on 2-12-17 and continued for many days #2 in chicklit on 25-11-17 and continued for many days # 3 in chicklit on 19-11-17...
97.6K 2.9K 11
A beautiful wedding turns to a disaster when the younger brother of the groom elopes with the bride's sister on the eve of the marriage. Two families...
528K 22.4K 56
Meet Madhu and Khushi, two friends who are more like sisters. Being completely opposite of each other they somehow share a great bond. The calm and d...