Perfect Fate ✔

By fanoshkaflippo

Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling i... More

Prologue
1. Captivated
2. Something I Had Never Felt Before
3. Unusual Heartache
4. Let Me Take You Home
5. Inches Away
6. Like Never Before
7. Tomorrow I'll Make It Right
8. Thank You, I'm Sorry and Goodbye
9. I Promise You and I
10. A Way Around
11. Against All Odds
12. Fate Has a Sense of Humor
13. Butterflies, Fly Away
14. Work Related
16. Not Again
17. Not Just Yet
18. So Close
19. A Little Taste
20. Good Gone Bad
21. Both Feet In
22. Question Everything
23. Over and Over
24. Perfection
25. The Right Thing To Do
26. Intimacy
27. Publicly
28. Sleeping With The Enemy
29. Fight For Me
30. Come and Get Me
31. Too Late For Promises
32. Trying Hard
33. No Matter What
34. I Remember
35. Spare A Life
36. Make This Right
37. I Won't Let Go
38. Adorably Back
39. ** Give Me More **
40. First and Last
41. Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover
42. Everything To Me
43. Earning His Trust
44. ** No Life Without You**
45. Hundred Percent Positive
46. Falling For The First Time
47. Gone
48. ** Stay Here Forever **
49. A Love Like No Other
50. Matching Words of Love
51. ** A Few Days **
52. Not The Drake We Know
53. A Mere Coincidence
54. Long Gone Love
55. A Terrible Mistake
56. Worth It
57. ** A Real Man **
58. A Chance At Happiness
59. A Perfect Plan
60. Alive
61. Tonight
62. Not Like This
63. No Life Without You
64. Out Of Love
65. My Perfect Fate
Love Again
Colton's Miracle
The Good Within
A Second Chance

15. Passing Time

184K 6.3K 1K
By fanoshkaflippo

Her...

Who was that? One of his women, I'm guessing. This is exactly why I didn't want this job. I don't want to see all these women coming in and out of his office. But he said that I don't have to worry about that, which means he will try to keep his affairs to a minimum, which still sucks. Why does it even bother me this much?!

And what did she mean by 'Remember the name. You will hear it a lot.'? What was that about? I feel a strange pressure in my chest and as insane as it is, I honestly feel like smacking her across her stupid, flawless, pretty face. I'm also mad at him, no idea why. I don't have a plausible explanation, I just feel like someone punched me in the stomach.

Emma, you sound really pissed. Are you sure you're not, I don't know, jealous for example?

What? No, of course not. Why would I be jealous? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'm not jealous. No way. I'm not really fond of his lifestyle, that's all.

I kept talking to myself while I waited for Mr. Parker's secretary to let me in. Jake was also there which I knew from Kayla after I got out of Dean's office.

"Hey." I smiled weakly as I got in and shut the door after me.

"Oh, my. Is this her?" A handsome man stood up when I reached them and checked me, head to toe.

"I'd take it you're uncle Bob." I smiled and held my hand then realization hit me.

"I mean, Mr. Parker, not uncle Bob. I didn't mean to be offensive or disrespectful at all. I'm sorry, Mr. Bob. No, I mean, uncle Bob. I mean, Mr. Parker, but Max is also Mr. Parker. I mean, Mr. Parker is also Mr. Parker. No, no, hold on. I mean, both of you are Mr. Parker. But that's not what I meant. What I meant is..." I took a deep breath to steady myself.

"What I meant is that you are Mr. Robert Parker and you are Mr. Max Parker so both of you are Mr. Parker..s." I put my hand over my mouth and watched the three men look at each other then back at me with smiles on their faces.

"Hey, Emma. I'm Robert Parker, and you can call me Bob as long as there are no employees or strangers around." He held his hand out for me with a wonderful smile.

"Thank you, sir." I shook his hand.

"No sir. Just Bob." He held my hand in both his and I instantly blushed.

"Same rule goes for me, Emma." Mr. Parker winked at me and walked over from behind his desk.

"Max?" I asked carefully, and he nodded.

"Please, have a seat." He gestured for me to sit on yet another leather sofa but this one was brown. I sat down and the three men followed, Bob next to me and Jake and Max on the opposite one.

"So, tell me about yourself, Emma." Bob smiled.

"Um, not much to tell actually. I'm twenty two years old. I have a bachelor degree in management. I really like your company, all fifteen floors of it, even though I didn't have the time for a tour yet, and I guess I'm Dean's new executive assistant." I smiled weakly.

"Oh, and she's a Sagittarius." Max added with an amused smile, making me blush.

"So is Jake!" Bob beamed.

"Really?" I smiled and looked over to Jake who rolled his eyes at his father.

"Emma? Why aren't you with my son?" Max asked and my smile fell as I looked at my heels.

With a shrug I said, "He has a meeting."

"A meeting? With whom?" Jake narrowed his eyes.

"Lauren Patrick." I replied.

"Ugh! Not her again." Max stood up.

"Did he ask you to leave?" Jake raised his brows in disbelief.

"No, actually I left on my own. I mean, I told him I'll come see if you're up for giving me a tour?" I smiled.

"Yes, that would be a very good idea. Take her, Jake. Bob, come with me." Max ordered and in a few seconds they were gone.

"Is something wrong?" I asked Jake once they walked out of the door.

"Uh, no. Nothing. Come on. Let's tour." He smiled and I followed.

We went everywhere. The accounting department, the marketing department, the advertising department, which is apparently different than the one before that, the training floor, the HR floor, the PR floor, and the modeling department.

Everyone was eyeing me as I walked with one of the CEOs of the company so casually, the women with jealousy and the men with something that I presumed was desire. I guess so because Jake glared at every man who looked my way.

After two hours of walking and learning more information about this company, I finally felt too hungry to go on.

"Can we stop now? Please?" I begged Jake.

"I didn't know it was that much of a torture." He smiled in amusement.

"What? No, no. That's not what I meant, I swear. I'm just hungry, and I didn't have any breakfast, or dinner for that matter, and also my feet really hurt. You see, walking around in heels isn't my forte, and the night I met you I had to run with heels for like half an hour, so my feet are still sore. I mean, because of the running and all that, you know?" I said and he nodded with a smile.

"But it's not torture, not at all. I actually really enjoyed it, and I learned a lot about your company. I also met a few new people, which was fun too. Then again, my feet hurt and my stomach made that embarrassing sound it always does when I'm hungry, so.." I shrugged.

"Are you always this cute?" Max's voice came from behind me. I jumped and took a step back, then blushed when I noticed the compliment.

"I can take you to lunch if you want?" Max suggested, walking towards us.

"Thank you, but I already told Dean that I will go with him when he is done with work." I blushed.

"Dean is still in the meeting." Bob said hesitantly.

Still? It has been almost two hours and a half now? What are they doing that takes that long?

Their job, Emma. They are doing their job. Of course there are a lot of decisions considering work that they need to make.

"I'll wait for him then, but can I please sit down somewhere?" I pleaded.

"Yeah, sure. Come on." They pointed at a hall and we started walking through it to Max's office.

"What the hell is taking him so long?" Max hissed at Jake from behind. I acted as if I didn't hear anything and continued walking with Bob at my right.

"I don't know. He never takes that long." Jake whispered.

"I thought he would stop now."

"So did I."

Stop what?

"What?" Max and Jake both squeaked.

"What?" I looked blank.

Not again.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I overheard you so I asked, stop what?" I stopped walking.

"Taking too long in his meetings." Bob cleared his throat.

"Why would you want him to stop doing his job?" I frowned. They just looked at each other and when they didn't answer I knew that something was not right.

"He's... he's not doing his job, is he?" It hit me and when they didn't answer my suspicions were confirmed.

He's sleeping with her. In the damn office...

"Wow." I breathed and looked around me nervously.

"I didn't even start the job yet. This is going to happen a lot, isn't it?" I asked, with a dry laugh.

It is. He's going to keep sleeping with his women and I'm going to be right outside waiting for him to finish. And it's not supposed to hurt me like it's doing so right now.

But, he's confusing me. He said that I didn't have to worry about that and he said he missed me. He even kissed my cheek twice, and pulled my so close to his chest. What was all of that about then?

"I-I'm leaving." I choked out before I embarrassed myself any further. "I'm really hungry, and obviously he's not going to finish anytime soon, so..." I trailed off.

"Wait. Are you coming back? Tomorrow, I mean, for the job." Jake asked, worried I might had changed my mind.

"I honestly don't know. I just know for a fact that I'm not gonna sit here and wait for him to finish the thing he's doing to go eat lunch with me. That's disgusting as a matter of fact." I frowned and shook my head at the image that pierced my brain and my heart.

"Okay. Do you want me to join you?" Jake asked sincerely.

"God, don't you work at all? I mean you're also supposed to be the CEO of this company. If both of you keep wasting your time like this the company is going to bankrupt soon." I giggled, trying to lighten up the mood a little.

"Don't worry about it." Bob smiled.

"Yeah. Anyway, I better go. It was really nice meeting all of you." I smiled at them and they smiled slightly back.

How awkward could this get?

"So, are we going to see you again? I mean, you will come back tomorrow, right?" Max asked.

"I don't know. I need to think about it, and I will let you know. Anyway, thank you again for everything. Have a good day." I grinned as I made my way back to the lobby then out of the building as fast as I could because it felt like I could no longer breathe in there. I called George and after five minutes he picked me up.

He started by showing me three places next to Williamson street. They were almost twenty minutes away from the company. So, I chose the most convenient one, and paid the deposit.

It's a dangerous district so I have to be more careful. For example, locking the doors, no opening for strangers and no walking after midnight alone, and it will be just fine. Okay, make that after ten.

We stopped at the motel and picked my stuff up before going back to my new apartment. It consisted of one bedroom with a bathroom to it, a living room, a kitchen, and another bathroom outside. It already had the furniture so I just did some grocery shopping then I was ready to settle down.

I looked at my watch. It was seven o'clock. I brought some Chinese food from a nearby restaurant then walked back to my new house.

It's still seven. You can walk in the street at seven, of course, just walk a little faster. And don't look at anything. Keep walking. Keep walking. The house is close, just keep walking.

"Oh, thank god. That was... intense." I mumbled as I let out a sigh and put the grocery bags on the floor to dig for my key, and before I could find them the door burst open. I let out a scream and backed away from the door instantly.

"Where the hell have you been?" Someone shouted at me.

"D-Dean?" I stuttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

818K 35.8K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
42.8K 1.4K 38
Allister is brand new to the world of work; fresh out of high school. His boss is nothing like he expects and very quickly his learning that his offi...
318K 9.1K 38
You're a fan of the movies. You're a fan of horror. Deciding on getting the replica of Chucky from the well known sequels, you get the best version o...
22.3K 1.1K 8
DISCRETION SERIES - BOOK 4 (spin-off) " Here you are, gentlemen. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you " God, her voice sounds like s...