LOVING TWO

By honeeylovee

"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everyth... More

Chapter One Intro: Sunset Views (Diary)
Chapter Two: Jacksonville (Diary)
Chapter Three: First Night In Redwood-Ville
Chapter Four: The Next Door Neighbor
Chapter Five: Senior Year
Chapter Six: Bright Stars
Chapter Seven: Late Night Thoughts
Chapter Eight: Letting Demons Out
Chapter Nine: A New Vibe
Chapter Ten: Mixed Emotions
Chapter Eleven: The Heartbreak
Chapter Twelve: Me Myself & I
Chapter Thirteen: School Project
Chapter Fourteen: War Declared
Chapter Fifteen: School Field Trip
Chapter Sixteen: The Healer
Chapter Seventeen: Take Me To Paradise
Chapter Eighteen: Facing Reality
Chapter Nineteen: Troubling Young Love
Chapter Twenty: Mending A Shattered Heart
Chapter Twenty-One: A Chance On Bad
Chapter Twenty-Two: Rumors
Chapter Twenty-Three: Rage
Chapter Twenty-Four: Burning Passion
Chapter Twenty-Five: A Dangerous Ex
Chapter Twenty-Six: Faded Memories
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Aching Hearts
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Singing The Blues
Chapter Thirty: Singing The Blues (pt.2)
Chapter Thirty-One: Letting Go
Chapter Thirty-Two: An Old Friend
Chapter Thirty-Three: A Ghost From The Past
Chapter Thirty-Four: Secrets (Pt.1)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Secrets (Pt.2)
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Offer
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Open Wound
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Time Heals
Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Night Of Romance
Chapter Forty: Unfortunate Event
Chapter Forty-One: A Lustful Kiss?
Chapter Forty-Two: Bad Lies
Chapter Forty-Three: The Call
Chapter Forty-Four: Deception
Chapter Forty-Five: The Proposal
Chapter Forty-Six: The Hide Out (Pt.1)
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Hide Out (Pt.2)
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Decision
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Capture
Chapter Fifty: A Dreadful Death
Chapter Fifty-One: Ticking Bomb
Chapter Fifty-Two: Life Goes On
Chapter Fifty-Three: Birth To A New Beginning
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Agreement
Chapter Fifty-Five: Back To A Loving Home
Chapter Fifty-Six: Birthday Surprise
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Confession
Chapter Fifty-Eight: A Passionate Night
Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Halloween Party
Chapter Sixty: Calling It Quits?
Chapter Sixty-One: The Reason Comes Out
Chapter Sixty-Two: The Return
Chapter Sixty-Three: Out For Blood
Chapter Sixty-Four: The Choice
Chapter Sixty-Five: Closing Two Chapters
Chapter Sixty-Six: A New Home
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Fateful Accident
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Farewell My Love
Chapter Sixty-Nine: A Life Changing Decision
Chapter Seventy: Sunset Views In Jacksonville

Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Vivid Nightmare

533 10 1
By honeeylovee

I suddenly woke up while trying hard to catch my breath. I couldn't believe the nightmare I had dreamt. It felt so vivid that I couldn't stop the tears that were flowing down my face. My heart was aching to the idea of ever forgetting James or being apart from his side at all. I loved him with everything in me. I was so afraid of losing him and what we had going on that the thought of the kiss Jake and I shared crossed my mind.

How could I tell him the truth? James rage knew no limit and I was afraid he would do something against Jake. There was obviously the possibility that he would want to end things with me. I couldn't risk it though I knew the right thing to do was to confess. No matter the consequence. I stood up and walked near my bedroom window trying to see if I could get a glimpse of James. However all the lights in his house were off. It seemed like nobody was home.

Not being able to take it anymore I quickly changed and put my shoes on. I was determined to end this guilt and worry once and for all. Maybe that was exactly what was triggering these constant nightmares. I had to talk to James and just simply hope for the best outcome..Though I saw none. As I opened the front door of my house I saw Jake leaning on his car outside my front yard.

Jazmin- Jake What are you doing here?

Jake- I was going to knock..but ..

Suddenly we heard a loud screech of tires coming from the end of the street. We both turned to see a car that was being driven at an incredible high-speed. Instantly an arm stretched out of the window of the car and pointed a gun towards me. I froze in shock. The terror took over my body and I couldn't act rapidly. I saw Jake run quickly launching himself at me just as the loud blaring gun shots echoed in the entire neighborhood. He used his body as a shield in order to protect mine. The car drove off in a hurry. I felt Jakes body slowly fall as I dropped onto the ground holding him in my arms. There was blood in my hands as I tried to look for the spot where he had gotten shot. Unfortunately the left backside of his shoulder was covered in blood. Panting and panicking I yelled for help as his eyes slowly began to close.

Jazmin- No no no!!!!...Jake!!! Please stay awake!!

"Jaz..min...I...I...Love..You.." He managed to say before closing his eyes. His pulse had gotten weaker and his heart was beating a lot slower. I felt my heart sink to the pit of my stomach the instant I watched Jake turn completely pale.

Jazmin- SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!..PLEASE ANYONE!!!!....*Teary Voice....Jake please open your eyes!! Please don't leave me!! You can't die!!

James- (I came out of my house after the loud bang that sounded like a firework woke me up)....What the fuck was that sound??..

Jazmin- JAMES PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

James- (I saw Jazmin kneeing on the floor while her shirt was covered in blood as she held someone in her arms)...Jazmin are you okay!?

Jazmin- I'm fine James! Call an ambulance HURRY!! Jake got shot!!

James- Oh shit...He's losing a lot of blood...We can't wait Jazmin..If we do he could die...Get him inside his car! I'll drive!

We finally arrived at the hospital. Meanwhile James rushed inside to get someone to help us get Jake out of the car. I turned to look at Jake who laid in my arms unconscious. "Please..I beg you..Open your eyes...You can't die on me Jake..I still need you..Please.....Don't leave me". Just then a couple of nurses rushed with a bed towards the car. They wheeled in Jake as a Doctor rushed inside the E.R with them. I wanted to follow but I knew they wouldn't let me in so instead we stayed in the waiting room.

James- Jazmin you don't look good..Baby sit down..

Jazmin- I can't James...I don't feel good..

James- You're shaking.....*Screams...Doctor I need a doctor!!!

Nurse- ...What is it? Did she get hurt also?? There's blood in her shirt..

James- No that's not her blood..She's having trouble breathing and her body is shaking!!

"Honey you're having a panic attack I need you to relax and breathe deeply..Okay?" She said to me while handing me a small cup of water. James instantly had me sit down while he kneed down by my side with a worrisome look on his face. "Look at me..Breathe in and breathe out...Do it with me okay?..Ready?" The nurse spoke in a calming voice as I nodded a yes with my head. The entire time I held onto James hand tightly almost breaking his bones in the process but that didn't seem to bother him at all. He seemed too worried about me to think about his hand.

Nurse- Inhale...Exhale..

Jazmin- (I slowly did what she told me..Soon after I felt my body relax a bit)...Thank you..

Nurse- Are you feeling a little better? Or do you need me to give you some medication?

"No it's not necessary I'm feeling a lot better.." I replied trying to hide my real feelings. How could I possibly feel better after what happened to Jake. There was nothing else that mattered to me in that precise moment than Jake's life. The kind nurse gave me another cup of water before asking me again if I needed medical assistance. This time James answered for me saying I was going to be alright by his side. She smiled at both of us and walked back to her desk.

James- (I sat next to her as she leaned her head against my chest I hugged her gently)..Baby if you're feeling a little better I'd like to know what happened...

Jazmin- I-I was going to go look for you but I stumbled onto Jake..He was outside my front yard..He didn't get to tell me what he wanted because that's when it all happened..

James- Was that a direct hit for him?..

Jazmin- No...There was a car that was speeding from the corner of the street and onto our drive way..Then the driver took their arm outside the window he or she directly aimed a gun at me...James someone tried to kill me!...and Jake ran towards me taking the bullet and saving my life!....I was suppose to be the one fighting for my life right now!! Not him!! *Cries...I...I don't want to lose him James...

James- (Her words cut me but I knew she was feeling vulnerable so I tried to let it go and just comfort her).....Baby he'll be fine alright?..

Jazmin- How do you know that James!

James- He survived a shot once already remember?...That is one lucky bastard....Plus if he wants to see my girl again that asshole will fight to live another day...

Jazmin- *Smiles...I love you James...

James- (I gently kissed her forehead)...I love you too Tiger...

Jazmin- Baby I need to find out how Jake is doing..

"I'll go find a doctor you stay here.." He said as I nodded while he gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving my side. I then turned to look towards the E.R. Behind those closed doors in a room somewhere inside Jake was fighting for his life and it was all my fault. I couldn't deal with the guilt and knowing that there was a possibility that I would never see him again. That just maybe the last time we saw each other was precisely couple minutes even seconds before it all happened. We barely crossed any words with each other. What was I going to hold onto? The memories we lived before we broke up? I couldn't deal with the idea of losing Jake over a gunshot that was meant for me. Things just couldn't end this way. He didn't deserve to die..Especially this way..Not because of me.

Nurse #2- Are there any family members of Jake Kingsley?

Jazmin- Excuse me you said Kingsley?..

Nurse #2- Yes

Jazmin- I'm here for Jake Berkeley...Maybe you have the wrong last name?

Nurse #2- We don't have anyone with that surname..

Jazmin- The ambulance rushed my friend Jake Berkeley here because he got shot..

Nurse #2- I have his I.D here..

Jazmin- May I please see it..

Nurse #2- You cannot see his information due to the privacy of the patient however you can see his picture and identify if it is the same person..

She covered the rest of the information on Jake's I.D only leaving his surname for me to see. I wondered why he told me his last name was Berkeley. The nurse was right it was clearly Kingsley. "That's him...How is he??!".

Nurse #2- He lost a lot of blood we need to do a blood transfusion..Unfortunately we do not have his blood type here..We need a family member or a friend of his that would be willing to get blood drawn..

Jazmin- What type of blood are you looking for? Maybe I can help!

Nurse #2- AB(-)....It is a very rare blood type..

I felt completely hopeless. Finding another person with that special blood type would be a one in a million shot. Unfortunately I didn't know Jakes family so there was no way of contacting them...Jake was dying!

James- I couldn't find any doctor baby..

Jazmin- ....James! Jake is dying!

Nurse #2- We need to urgently find someone with his blood type which is AB(-)...Otherwise the risk of him dying is very high right now..

James- (What are the fucking odds...This guy is really a lucky bastard)...*Sighs...I have that blood type..

Nurse #2- Wow that is very rare and in this case a miracle...Would you be willing to submit yourself to a blood transfusion?..

Jazmin- (I gave a desperate look to James who seemed to take his time thinking about it)...James he is dying...Please...

James- (I had his life in my hands...If I wanted too I could take him out of Jazmin's life forever..but the desperate and hopeful look she gave me made it hard for me to let that little bitchass die) *Sighs....Tell me where I gotta go.

Nurse #2- Follow me..

Jazmin- (I held his hand as I looked at him with appreciation and admiration for what he just did)...I love you so much.

James- I'm doing this for you...Not for him..Here hold my phone...I'll be right back..

I pulled him in for a sweet loving kiss before he left following the nurse. I sat back down praying and hoping everything would turn out good. The dream I had was about me almost dying and in reality that bullet was suppose to be for me. Jakes heroic act will forever stay in my heart. I will never forget the way he risked his life to save mine. I was still confused as to why or who would try to kill me. The only enemy I had in Redwood-Ville was Lina but I refuse to think it could've been her. She was too naive to be able to know how to use a gun or to drive a car so professionally the way that person did. It couldn't have been her..but who? As the thoughts ran through my mind James phone rang. He was getting a call from his mother Emma.

Jazmin- Hello?

Emma- I'm sorry I must've dialed the wrong number..

Jazmin- Ms. Dawson please don't hang up..It's me Jazmin..

Emma- Jazmin?...Why do you have my sons phone?..

Jazmin- (I didn't want to worry her so I made up a lie)...Oh he went to use the restroom and left his phone behind..

Emma- Oh okay have him call me back sweetie please..

Jazmin- Sure thing Ms. Dawson..

Emma- Please call me Emma..

Jazmin- Sorry...It's a forced habit..I'll tell him to call you back Ms. Emma..

Emma- Thank you honey. Goodbye.

Just as I had ended the call his phone suddenly went off again. This time it was a private number. Before I could answer the call it suddenly stopped ringing then a voicemail was left. My curiosity got the best of me so I decided to hear it.

-I just want to let you know I won't give up on what we use to have...I know deep down you miss me as much as I miss you..I need your touch and the sweet taste of your lips...I noticed the way you got when you saw me..Your body trembled and your eyes couldn't stop looking at my body..That girl you're with means nothing and you know that!..She isn't me James..She won't thrill you the way I did..She isn't capable of accepting you the way you really are and the edgy dangerous lifestyle you live..You know me and my determination..I will stop at nothing to get what I want and I only want you..I won't give you up without a fight James..I won't-

I felt my blood boil with rage inside me. It was none other than Becca. That bitch decided to call him in private not leaving a number for me to call back too and give her a piece of my mind. I wondered how she got James number. The thought of her and him talking again made me angry and also worried. I knew he loved me but she obviously also meant a lot to him at some point in his past and that worried me. Did he really get over her completely? If there was one thing I was certain about was that she was going to find out what I was really capable off. I loved James and I wasn't ready to go down without a fight either. So if a battle is what she was looking for...I will be bringing war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3K 57
Chase made my life a misery for years. He was a monster who bullied and tormented me on a daily basis and he was my worst enemy for a long time. Unt...
4.2K 14 20
Trigger warning for the following: -mature content -some strong language -fighting -mentions of abuse Everything was cool. It was fine and normal...
83.7K 1.6K 74
I walk out my dorm building to the cafe. Just as I'm about to open the door I hear a person call out my name. I turn around to see the person joggin...
3.5K 59 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...