Cyborg x Reader: Metal Heart

By Pandalion23

I love cyborg from TeenTitans and mind you that this is the cyborg from the kick ass series that used to play... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Electric ain't it...
Chapter 2: Inventor...
Chapter 3: Teammate.
Chapter 4: A fight to remember
Chapter 5: Family
Chapter 6: Conformation
Chapter 8: Nervous
Chapter 9: Team

Chapter 7: Fast Food

2.1K 62 35
By Pandalion23

     No one's ever made you feel like this. No one you've met has ever treated you like this. You have met a few people but, no one like Cyborg. Well...not in the robotic sense but, his heart and personality was like no one else. He was like a breath of fresh air filling your lungs, you've only just met him and you already felt as if you could tell him my thing without being afraid of even the slightest judgement. The way he smiled at you, the way he looked at you, the way he walked confidently, how he saves innocent lives, the way he talks so enthusiastically about what he does and how much he loves it, and how he hopes I do too.

      You smiled thoughtfully to yourself, looking down at the metal round table my fingers had slowly traced around the edges time and time again, the outside fast food joint was a pizza shack. You looked up towards the small line, a few other people sat around the tables but, none of their eyes met yours. All of them were glued to the line, they watched as Cyborg took a good stack of 3 pizza boxes in his right arm, smiling thankfully towards the cashier who gave it on the house. Cyborg slipped a few dollars onto the counter any way, the female cashier put her elbow onto the counter watching as Cyborg strode away with her hand on her chin.

     "Alright!" Cyborg shouted as he slammed down the box of pizza, you giggled at his outburst before he continued when he plopped down into a seat, "Ready to dig in little lady?" He asked, the pizza box already opened and ready to be devoured.

   Now that you looked at him carefully, you could see the challenging nature in his eye's, a gloating mischievousness about his smile making you grin his way, "I once consumed an entire buffet on mill berry lane, in Texas." You replied bluntly, you took a slice from the box taking advantage of his gaping mouth.

     As you took a bite, you couldn't help but choke and laugh whole heartedly throwing your head back, "I just saw your gloating look, you started this!" You said and his mouth closed and he chuckled before leaning over to take two slices from the box.

     People were staring.

      "Well, little lady, I once ate an entire years supply of sushi. With Wasabi. In less than a day. It took me half an hour to be exact." He gloated smugly before shoving both slices into his open mouth and swallowing whole.

    "That's nothing, big man," You took two bites and the slice was gone, already reaching for two more you continued, "But, I can't say I've done it before, so you obviously won that one," you giggled at the end of your sentence, mid-bite.

    Cyborg laughed and so did you.

    Suddenly, someone slammed down their hand on the metal table, Cyborg and you turned jumping, Cyborg still with two slices between his teeth. Expecting an opponent, You charged your hand under the table, your eye's glowing as you turned along with Cyborg. To your shock, it was a barrage of people crowded around the table, the person who slammed their hand down had a timer in his hand.

     "Ok! Ready...".

   You turned to Cyborg, he glanced from the dude back to you before looking at you fully, he seemed just as confused as you. "What the hell is going on?" You asked him. Just after you asked him, a bundle of pizza boxes were laid on the table. Who was paying for all this?

    You could hardly see Cyborg over the stack of food, you turned your head to look at the ever growing crowd. They watched intently some of them cheering, others shaking their neighbors as if they couldn't believe this was happening. The rest were chanting, "Eating Contest!"

    You sighed putting a hand to your forehead as you realized you'd probably have to choke down all this food to please the people, Cyborg seemed me than ready as he already was opening one box.

     "Oh its ON!" He exclaimed and the crowd went ballistic.

    You laughed at him under your breath before opening your own box, welp can't let free food go to waste.

     "Ready!"

    Was this some kind of sport?

     "STEADY!"

     He seemed to be talking to Cyborg, not you...

     "You couldn't wait like 4 seconds, could you?" You asked over the roaring crowd. Cyborg looked over the boxes with a his entire pizza pie rolled up into some kind of burrito, "I enjoy a good meal." He Claimed with a playful smirk.

     You gaped at him, "Meal? There are 40 or more boxes in front of you! And your calling this a meal?"

    "I like to eat around." He said simply shrugging before he grinned back at you and you stuck out your tongue at him before laughing.

    "...Go!"

  ●

    "Oh god, I'm gonna throw up!" You groaned out as you placed a hand on your stomach. You walked beside Cyborg as he laughed at you, he didn't seem that fazed at all, perks of having a cybernetic body, I guess.

     "I thought you said you could handle it?" He teased beside you with a chuckle, elbowing you playfully as you crossed the empty road.

     "I said that, when we only had three boxes in front of us. Not 58, Cyborg! I lost after my 21st box, you kept going for the final prize, which was a coupon for Wednesday's free boxes." You shouted at him as if in disbelief before shoving him to the side half heartedly.

    He laughed as he regained his position beside you, "don't be a spoiled sport. If I had a few more extra bucks if buy another one!" He gloated and your head met your back as you barked a laugh before putting your hands up.

    "Then, keep me out of it. I hardly think I'll be able to eat another pizza box without thinking about how you stuffed that whole pizzito in your mouth." you shivered in disgust playfully making him pout.

    "I'm only teasing. Sensetive little guy, aren't you?" You said pinching the skin of his cheek. He let you and you laughed as the side of his face stretched out, he made a weird face to go along with it making you giggle.

   "I'd like to think of it as Emotionally Mature."

   You snorted before letting him go, he chuckles.

   "You're like a big kid." You said to him, you both walked as the light turned green.

    "We're still kids if you've forgotten, (y/n). I just choose to embrace it more, kind of makes me feel more human." He admits with a shrug although he glances down at him robotic arm, his smile fades if only for a second before it returns briefly.

    You cross your arm's over your chest. "I am not a child. No child should have had a life like mine. And if they did, I assure you they can't believe their children any longer." You look up to the night sky and smiling softly, "I do wish I could have had a better childhood though. Maybe even with a friend like you."

     You turned your head to look at Cyborg, who had a worried look on his face before he outs his hand on your shoulder before suddenly pulling you to him. You slam into his metal body with a grunt, his chest rumbles as he chuckles with a "Sorry", you breathe a laugh before wrapping your arm's around him.

     "You wouldn't have wanted a friend like me." He mumbled, his bubbly attitude gone. You felt your chest tighten considerably after realizing it was becuase of you, you didn't mean to change the mood. He should have to feel like he needed to comfort you all the time, but you wanted him too. You wanted him to be that person that you could always depend on, your shoulder to cry on, your opposite, your living councious, and your best friend. Seeing as you currently had none of those, you couldn't bare to see his smile fade when his was the only one that kept yours frown dying out completely.

    "I'd love to have a friend like you, Cy. Your unlike anyone I've ever met, and trust me ive met more than few. But, you--You understand me, you took the chance to know me, you trust me, you helped me...I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't met you." You admitted as you turned your head wishing you could hear his heart beating beneath the metal surrounding his body. You wondered if you could listen to it, would it have the same beat as your own.

    Cyborg was silent for a moment as if thinking about your words, although it seemed to reach him as he only hugged you tighter. "You're not meant for this life, (y/n). For the life you were given..." he said as the sky thundered loudly. You didn't jump and neither did he, you looked down at your hand for a moment and let a small breath go as your hand stayed as normal as any other.

    "What do you mean?" You weren't meant to be a hero? You weren't meant for the life you had?

    "You're too good," He continued making you stiffen, "Too good for the world, you didn't need to become a hero. You could've let everything consume you, you could've let what he did to you break you, but look at you now." He sounded almost proud, he hardly knew you but be seemed proud of you, as if he had watched you progress all your life.

   "You don't know what I've done...who I am," you pulled away to look at him, shaking your head as tears made their way down your cheeks. Rain began to fall from the sky, small droplets meeting the cement beneath you.

    "I know that your a hero. I know that you can't stand seeing people get hurt, emotionally or physically it wouldn't matter. I know that despite how you may act that you want me to say this, that you need to hear this, that you've time and time again put yourself down for something you can't control." He backed you up into the side wall of the business building. Droplets met his metal exterior with an almost inaudible ting everytime.

     You stared up at him, your eye's wide in disbelief. You couldn't speak, you couldn't move. How could he possibly see through you like this? How could he know who you are just be looking at you, know how you feel, how you act, just by simple observation and feeling. Were you that easy to read that all he needed to do was look through your eye's and pin point every weakness and every strength.

     He leaned over you, suddenly you felt fragile. Like you could break any second. But, if you did. You knew without without a doubt, Cyborg would put you back together.

     No more words needed to be spoken between you both. He understood that becuase then he began to relax and placed both hands upon your cheeks, wiping the stray tears just like before. You've never broken down so much in your life, you've never shed so many tears that weren't from sadness or remorse.

    "Let me heal you, (y/n)." He whispered as your forehead collapsed against his. Thunder roared above as lightning struck the sky.

      Rain fell harder.

     You nodded as you laughed in his grip putting your hands over his, you hadn't been sure before. You didn't want to hurt him, you didn't want to gain then lose anymore. But, now you weren't afraid. Cyborg really would never leave you, you were so sure of it that it hurt.

      "Trust me, (y/n). You'll be safe."

    You already felt safe.

     You closed your eye's as the rain hit your face. You trusted him more than anything.

     "I trust you."

    Three words, you've never said to anyone until now.

    And yet three more words were crawling up your lungs, you wanted to tell him. You didn't realize you could ever feel this safe, this wanted, this loved ever again. But, you felt so much more from Cyborg, he was more human than anyone else.

     And as the rain hit your face and his, you let him grab your hand with a smile. He grinned brightly at you, you smiled back at him before you ran through the rain with him. He led you through the streets and in moments you both were in front of the blue and white cybernetic car, that was unmistakably his.

   He opened the car door for you, you glanced at him and you took a breath as he nodded at you comfortingly.

    You slid in and he closed the door for you.

   As you took in another long breath, he slipped into the car next to you.

   He took your hand in his once more, started the car, and you were off.

    You were officially a Teen Titan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 19 18
Teen Titans- Raven and Dick(Robin) have gone through some tough times together. But through all those tough times, their bond and relationship grows...
19.2K 292 27
The Teen Titans have grow and are looking for new heroes to take their place but how will they deal will with a new threat and the secret they keep.
1K 10 17
Join Anna (me) and her friends Robin, Cyborg, Raven and BeastBoy on adventures as they save Jump city from bad guys. Anna (Me) Is taking Starfire's...
16.9K 273 8
Someone from Beast Boy's past comes back to haunt him...but is that all he brings? Will Beast Boy's Emoticlones get out if control? Will Beast Boy's...