Harry Potter: 19 Years Later

Bởi MeganWritesBooks

Even though Harry Potter's journey alongside his friends at Hogwarts is over, his story continues with his ch... Xem Thêm

Harry Potter: 19 Years Later
Chapter 1: The Hogwarts Express
Chapter 2: Arrival At Hogwarts
Chapter 4: The Reoccuring Dream
Chapter 5: Surprise in the Prophet
Chapter 6: Christmas Eve Sleepover
Chapter 7: A Weasley Christmas (Part 1)
Chapter 8: A Weasley Christmas (Part 2)
Chapter 9: Fireworks?
Chapter 10: Hiding
Chapter 11: Trip to Malfoy Manor
Chapter 12: Scorpius and Rose's Favorite Room
Chapter 13: Albus Learns More About Holly
Chapter 14: Holly's Secret Is Out
Chapter 15: Breakfast Shocker
Chapter 16: The Intruders
Chapter 17: The End?
Chapter 18: Albus Meets Albus
Chapter 19: Life or Death
Chapter 20: The Choice To Live
Chapter 21: Albus "Awakes"
Chapter 22: Scorpius Sees The Light
Chapter 23: Holly's Fate and A Race
Chapter 24: A Much-Needed Reunion
Chapter 25: Scorpius Flees
Chapter 26: Three Worried Friends
Chapter 27: Finally Leaving St. Mungos
Chapter 28: Welcome Home Albus and Rose
Chapter 29: All We Can Do Is Hope
Chapter 30: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 31: Glad To Be Back
Chapter 32: The 25 Minute Date
Chapter 33: The Not-So-Best Day
Chapter 34: Chaos in The Great Hall
Chapter 35: Evacuation
Chapter 36: The Cause Of The Fire
Chapter 37: Another Strange Occurrence
Chapter 38: Living In The Moment
Chapter 39: Speculations And Uncertainty
Chapter 40: Transformation In Transfiguration
Chapter 41: The Prophecy
Chapter 42: Telling Albus
Chapter 43: Back At The Burrow
Chapter 44: Scorpius Finally Uses His New Powers
Chapter 45: A Quick Summer
Chapter 46: A Visit From Ravenclaw
Chapter 47: A Long-Dreaded Visit
Chapter 48: A Boost Of Bravery
Chapter 49: Prophet News and Fun in Potions
Chapter 50: The Halloween Dance
Chapter 51: Scorpius Hosts Quidditch Tryouts
Chapter 52: Therapy Session
Chapter 53: The Quidditch Match
Chapter 54: One Word DRAMA
Chapter 55: Confessing To Rose
Chapter 56: Christmas with Holly and Albus
Chapter 57: A Troublesome Train Ride
Chapter 58: The Butterbeer Malfunction
Chapter 59: Possible Fancying And A Renewed Friendship
Chapter 60: The Boy With The Silver Eyes
Chapter 61: The Return Of A Familiar Map
Chapter 62: Facing What Needs To Be Done
Chapter 63: The Last Trip To Hogwarts
Chapter 64: Finding Hope Again And Another Surprise
Chapter 65: Opening The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 66: That's Not A Rock
Chapter 67: Rose Has An Epiphany
Chapter 68: The Lion Badger Eagle and Snake
Chapter 69: The Mysterious Traitor and Scorpius's Mistake
Chapter 70: Tension On The Rise
Chapter 71: The Eve Of The Prophecy
Chapter 72: It Begins
Chapter 73: Controlling The Basilisk
Chapter 74: The Betrayal Of Slytherin
Chapter 75: Albus's Plan
Chapter 76: Experts At Avoiding Death
Chapter 77: Running Towards Danger
Chapter 78: A Victory and Loss
Chapter 79: Salazar's Defeat
Chapter 80: Aftermath
Epilogue
Farewell to "19 Years Later"
New Story Announcement/"19 Years Later" Extras

Chapter 3: The First Day

11.6K 336 304
Bởi MeganWritesBooks

Scorpius couldn't believe what happened last night. How in Merlin did he get sorted in Gryffindor? He was a Malfoy! All Malfoy's are destined to be Slytherins. He shuddered at the thought of what his parents would think. Mostly of what his father would think. His father Draco told him the story of how he wanted to change his ways after the Battle of Hogwarts, and he decided blood statuses weren't important anymore. But still, Scorpius wanted to make his family proud by continuing on the family legacy. He sure wasn't going to do that while being a Gryffindor.

Although the outcome didn't satisfy Scorpius at first, another part of him was happy he was Sorted into Gryffindor. All his life, wizard children refused to befriend him because of his family's past. You could say Scorpius was a lonely child. He wasn't expecting much friendship activity to happen for him when he arrived at Hogwarts. But he was gladly mistaken. When he expected to be kicked out of the compartment on the train by Rose Weasley and Albus Potter, they accepted him. And he'd forever be grateful for this.

Maybe he'd have friends after all. Rose and Albus were great. He especially admired how kind Rose was. The thing that worried him though was that he possibly might...fancy her. No, he told himself. Rose was quite pretty, smart, and very kind, but he doubted she'd like him back. But part of him thought, "We DO have 6 more years here. You never know what could happen between you two."

Scorpius sighed. He couldn't let this bother him anymore. Today was the first day of class. He had no idea why he decided to wake up at 5:00 in the morning, when he didn't have to be up for breakfast until 7. Everyone else in his dorm was still fast asleep, some snoring slightly. Scorpius decided to walk down to the common room and write for a while.

Nobody knew his passion. Scorpius absolutely loved to write. He never bothered to tell anyone because he was embarrassed. Boys his age didn't sit around and write novels and poems all day. They liked playing Quidditch and doing other normal things eleven year old boys did. Scorpius liked playing Quidditch, and it would be nice if he could possibly play for the Gryffindor team one day, but writing was his comfort hobby. He preferred to express his thoughts and imagination on parchment more often than flying, really.

Quietly as possible, he tip-toed down the stairs and sneaked into the dark common room. When he made his way towards the small desk in the corner, as if it sensed him, the fireplace roared to life by itself. Scorpius was startled, yet sighed in relief that he had light to see. He took his quill and roll of parchment out of his sleep robe and laid it out on the table. Then, he began to write.

As he scribbled, he lost sight of the time. Thirty minutes passed and his hand never once stopped moving. He immediately froze when he heard footsteps on the steps.

"Scorpius?" A female voice said.

Scorpius turned and looked to see who was there, and his heart sped up. There stood Rose, dressed in a light pink nightgown, her hair slightly tousled from sleeping. Her eyes were squinting from sleepiness and she let out a huge yawn, which Scorpius found quite cute.

"Uh, hello Rose. What are you doing up?" He asked, moving in his seat to here he was blocking her view from his work on the desk.

Rose rubbed her eyes. "I just woke up...couldn't go back to sleep. May I ask what you're doing up also?" She took a few steps into the common room, sitting on the sofa near where Scorpius was sitting.

Scorpius gulped. "Um, I couldn't sleep either, so I came down here to...do homework."

Rose raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "Homework? Scorpius, we haven't even started school yet. What are you hiding behind your back?" She smirked, standing up and walking over towards him.

Scorpius panicked. "It's nothing, Rose! Really!" He stood up too, blocking Rose from the desk.

Rose didn't buy this. She managed to get past him and snatch the parchment away. Scorpius grabbed her arm and pulled her back, stretching his arm to try and reach for the parchment back. Rose had her arm outstretched, keeping the parchment away from Scorpius's reach. She giggled as she struggled to get away.

Scorpius pulled her closer, and Rose stumbled forward and fell in his arms. Their eyes locked accidentally. His arms were wrapped around her waist tightly, then he realized what he was doing.

He quickly let go and muttered, "Sorry," hiding his blushing cheeks.

Rose was blushing like mad too, but she was grinning. "I still won." Then she held up the parchment. Her eyes began scanning over it. Scorpius decided to give up, and walked over to the couch and put his head in his hands.

"Scorpius, did you write this?" Rose asked, siting next to him on the couch. "It's really good. Why would you hide it?"

Scorpius looked up at her, but didn't look her in the eyes. "Because I was embarrassed. Usually boys my age don't write as a hobby...." His voice trailed off, and he stared at his shoes.

Rose chuckled. "Scorpius, there is nothing wrong with writing as a hobby. In fact, I find it absolutely fascinating!"

Scorpius's eyes widened and he stared at her. "You think so?"

She smiled. "Of course I do! You'd make an outstanding writer in the future! You could easily be successful as a novelist or a writer for the Prophet!"

This made Scorpius blush. No one had ever told him this before. Yet, no one had ever read any of his works. "Thanks Rose. So...you really liked my prologue for my story?" He glanced at the parchment still clutched in Rose's hands.

"Liked it? I loved it! It's genius! A story about a wanted student from Hogwarts who's accused of murdering his family, and he's on the run from the Ministry? That sounds exciting! I'll definitely buy it when it gets published." She smiled again, making Scorpius's heart pound.

"That means a lot, Rose. Thank you." He told her. For a moment, they sat there and stared at each other. It was nice, until they heard the loud footsteps of students awakening and stomping down the stairs, heading towards the Great Hall for breakfast. Scorpius sighed. He had to get ready for his first day of class.

* * *

Albus pushed his food around on his plate with his fork, not having the stomach to eat. He was nervous about his first day of class. It was exciting, yet scary. What if he was no good at magic? What if he wasn't good at making potions, or learning charms and magical herbs, or learning defensive spells? Albus had to calm down. He didn't know what to expect yet, so why worry?

James was sitting across the table, flirting with a pretty blonde girl in his year. Of course James would do this. His confident smile and attitude, and charming looks, won over many girls in his year. Albus wondered if he would ever get a girlfriend. He sighed, pushing the thought aside. Then he felt another presence beside him.

There was Holly, his new odd but fun friend he met last night at the welcoming feast. Today, she was dressed neatly in her Hogwarts robes, and her hair was in a classic long french braid that cascaded down her back. Albus noticed she was wearing sunflower earrings too. They were a bit over the top for the occasion, but Albus loved them. They reminded him of his mother's garden back home.

"Good morning, Albus! Did you sleep well?" Holly said, smiling and grabbing various fruits from baskets. She didn't touch any of the meats, so he guessed she was a vegetarian. Albus admired her pureness and earthy aura.

"I slept okay, what about you?" He replied.

"Oh I slept wonderfully thanks to a splendid dream I had! I was riding on a gigantic snowy owl through the mountains in Switzerland!" Then she went on about her silly dream, and they both cracked up about it. Soon, Scorpius and Rose arrived and sat in front of them.

"What are you laughing about, you two?" Rose asked, giggling. Her and Scorpius were sitting quite closely together. Albus eyed them suspiciously.

"Oh, I had a lovely dream last night about a journey I took a Switzerland with my snowy owl and Albus's pet ferret Wendell!" Holly explained to them. Scorpius raised an eyebrow, while Rose laughed.

Pretty soon, breakfast ended and it was time to head to their first class. Albus received his schedule and skimmed at his list of classes. His first class was Charms, which he luckily had with Holly, Scorpius, and Rose. His schedule consisted of:

1. Charms
2. Transfiguration
3. Herbology
4. History Of Magic
5. Potions
6. Defense Against The Dark Arts
7. Care Of Magical Creatures (which is now a required core class)
8. Astronomy

"Look, Albus! We have the same classes!" Holly exclaimed. Albus smiled back happily. It turns out that Rose and Scorpius had the same schedule as him too. This would be an interesting year.

Charms was a class where you did more group work than individual work. Plus it wasn't exactly quiet all the time so Albus got to talk to his friends. Today, the class's first charm they'd be learning is 'Wingardium Leviosa.' Albus heard of this before. His father told him stories about his first day of class, and how that was the first charm he learned too.

The spell levitated objects, and they'd be attempting to levitate feathers. It took Albus three tries before he finally levitated his feather a few inches off the desk. That was good enough for him. After all, it was his first time performing a spell with his wand.

Rose, of course, flicked her wrist easily and levitated hers on her first try and it went higher than anyone else's. She smiled in triumph as Professor Flitwick praised her.

"Very good job, Miss Weasley! On your first try, just like your mother!" The tiny teacher squeaked cheerfully.

Scorpius smirked and said just loud enough for Albus and Rose to hear, "Nerd."

Rose acted surprised and laughed. "Oh really? I take that as a compliment."

"So you say?" Scorpius winked at her, making her giggle again. "Whatever you say, nerd."

Albus let the two flirters be and focused on his feather. The best he could do was just high enough over his head. As for Holly, well, she had a different way of doing things.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" She said, pointing her wand to the feather. Suddenly, her feather twitched and transformed into a small white mouse. It squeaked and scurried off the desk. A few girls around the room squealed in fear, jumping on top of their desks.

"Class! Calm down!" Professor Flitwick yelled. Then he pointed his wand towards the mouse and he changed it back into a feather.

Holly was red from embarrassment. "Sorry, Professor Flitwick!"

The tiny teacher chuckled. "It's fine, darling! Far worse things have happened while first years first attempt this charm! On the bright side, you'd do well in your Transfiguration class with those skills you just showed!"

Holly turned even redder. Albus couldn't help but laugh. Soon Holly was laughing along with him over her silly mistake. She was just like her father, clumsy and accidental Neville Longbottom.

The rest of the day went by surprisingly smoothly. Transfiguration, taught by Professor McGonagall, was a particularly hard subject for a lot of the students, except Rose and Holly. They both transfigured their teacups into a mouse on their first tries. As for Albus, his changed into a brick. Scorpius's teacup spontaneously combusted. Albus had never seen Rose laugh so hard.

Herbology was actually fun. Holly had a natural talent for it just like her father, who was the teacher of the class. Albus mostly copied Holly the whole time, but he still liked watching her care for the tiny worms.

History of Magic was very boring. It was still taught by the very old ghost, Professor Binns. Without a doubt, Albus knew he'd be sleeping in that class. Of course, Rose adored the subject. She was the only one paying attention in the class.

Lunch went by, and then they headed to Potions. This was taught by Professor Slughorn. He was kind to Albus and Rose mostly, because they were the children of the Golden Trio members. They made a potion for a cure for boils, which didn't work well for a lot of people. Albus and Holly's potion smelled like eggs and had the texture of tar when they were done. Scorpius and Rose's was almost perfect, but Rose messed up by one stir of the potion. She was furious.

Defense Against The Dark Arts was taught by Aberforth Dumbledore, but he insisted the students call him Professor Aberforth instead of Dumbledore. The students didn't argue. Their first lesson was for them to read chapter one. Albus groaned; he hated reading. Rose was rather thrilled though. Even Scorpius looked happy too. They had to read chapter 2 for homework, which made the entire class groan.

The next class was very fun. Albus was glad first years were required to take Care Of Magical Creatures now. Hagrid was the most fun teacher at Hogwarts. For their first lesson, they got to see a real live unicorn. Holly almost screamed in excitement. Albus learned unicorns were Holly's favorite animals.

Lastly, they had Astronomy. Sometimes, this was an evening class, since the stars were visible at night. But mostly, they did book work in the class. Albus actually found Astronomy interesting. Almost as much as Rose did.

The day had been exhausting, but it was one of the best days of Albus's life. He had all of his classes with his best friends. The homework wasn't as bad, because he got to do it with Holly, Rose, and Scorpius. Mostly, everyone copied off of Rose. She didn't care though, probably because she liked feeling like the smart one.

That night, Albus fell straight to sleep. Little did he know, his dreams were filled with disturbing nightmares. And they didn't occur just once. They occurred almost every day of Albus's entire first year. And even past his first year.

~ ~ ~

So that's chapter 3! Ooh I added suspense 😏

Okay, so you know the drill! Vote, comment, and share if you can! Thanks for reading <3

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

16.2K 457 23
// In which Rose Weasley's Sorting goes oddly, and she strikes up an acquaintance with two unlikely people. Mysteries unfold around the disappearance...
3.6K 84 18
Albus severus Potter starts his very first year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But he faces great danger and peril upon the year. His...
8.3K 407 24
Book 1 of 'The Veil' Series "I can see them..." "Who? Rose, what are you talking about?" "They're trying to kill me..." ~~ Rose Granger-Weasley, bor...
38.2K 601 38
Note: The story takes place after the events of Cursed Child. Albus Severus Potter is about to begin his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft...