Loving Maya

By gizness

Maya has been through heartache all her life. She lost both her parents at a young age of 8 earning her to g... More

1. The Nightmare
3. The Boss & Cop
4. The Date
5. The Stepdaughter
6. The Red Rose
7. The Comfort
8. The Forgetful
9. The Proposition
10. The Runaway
11. The Date With Nate
12. The Sickness
13. The Slow Burn

2. The Birthday

216 46 62
By gizness

Chapter 2:

The Birthday

Lucy Reed 🔝 played by Emily Osment.

"I don't want to see another shopping bag in my life," I huffed once we were finally done shopping. And when I say shopping, I mean Lucy shopping while I mope around carrying her bags. So much for a fun day to get my mind of things. Don't get me wrong, I'd still prefer to be out than at home alone doing nothing.

Lucy giggled once she looked over at me as we sat down in the cafe outside the mall. "I'm sorry, but I needed new clothes," she stated defensively. This girl does not need new clothes. Our apartment has three bedrooms and can you take a guess what the third room is used as? Yup. You guessed it, a walk-in closet!

"I thought you said you wanted to come shopping for an outfit for Caleb's party, not an outfit for everyday for the rest of the year!"

           "Oh calm down," she said. She placed her 20 or so, shopping bags in the booth beside her. I noticed the entire time we were sitting there and talking, she kept looking over my shoulder, straight behind me. I began feeling annoyed that I kept talking and she would nod,  but I could tell she wasn't even paying attention to what I was saying.

            "Then I saw Caleb stick his tongue down a girl's throat and he made me promise not to tell you,"

          Nothing!

         She didn't even look at me at all. That's it! I stood up and stormed out of the cafe before we could even drink our coffee's.

"Wait, Maya!" I heard her call after me but I was pissed so I ignored her and continue walking down the street. I was going home. Screw the party tonight and screw everyone.

"Excuse me, miss?" A deep masculine voice asked from behind me as I stood in front of my White Range Rover. "Is this your car?"

"No! This isn't my car. I'm just standing here about to steal it so you better not call the cops, okay?" I blurted with rage as I spun around and noticed who I was talking to.

A police officer!

Great, I muttered to myself.

The officer had a slight smirk displayed across his face, like he was humoured by what I had just said. "Well, I can see your having a bad day, Miss. I guess it'll be a bad idea to tell you that you are illegally parked here and I could write you up for a ticket." He paused while looking at me, letting his eyes linger on mine. "But I won't do that," he offered a warm smile.

I was in shock because of two things. This officer has got to be one of the most handsome and good looking men I have ever come across. He's just as good looking as our boss, only he looks a bit younger. Maybe twenty or twenty one. The other reason I stood there shocked was because no police officer would ever say what he just said. Not give someone a ticket for disobeying the law.

He noticed how I was speechless because I actually didn't know what to say. "Have a good day, Miss,"

With that said, he smiled once more and spun away and headed inside the cafe I just came out of. So I guess it is true about cops loving coffee and doughnuts. Hm.

Lucy finally caught up to me and had a sorry look in her eyes. "Please, forgive me. I didn't mean to ignore you, Maya. But I kept looking at that hot police officer who was sitting right behind you and he kept looking at you the whole time we were there,"

So that police officer was in the cafe the whole time? Why did he follow me out just to tell me I'm illegally parked then? "That's still no excuse to just ignore me while I'm talking to you. I looked like an idiot talking to myself and my best friend not listening to a word I said,"

"Oh I heard what you said, and let me tell you, this girl that Caleb's tongue was inside of, I'm gonna kill her,"

We both giggled and I ended up hugging her. I can't stay mad at her. Ever. The whole ride home I told her how the officer didn't give me a ticket for illegally parking and he was actually being friendly and nice for a cop. She told me that he likes me and that's why he kept looking at me and just followed me out to talk to me. I had to remind her yet again, that her imagination is running wild. Again!

           Caleb's birthday party was not what I expected it to be like when we walked through the front door. The whole place was decorated with party balloons, streamers and big banners hung on every wall reading "Happy Birthday, Caleb". It was like walking into an eight year old's birthday party.

           "Oh my god!" I laughed when we saw Caleb in the living room, surrounded my a bunch of people. Some I didn't recognise and some I knew to be his family and friends. The reason I laughed when I saw Caleb was because he had a party hat on and was standing around his birthday cake with a grin on his face. The cake was shaped as Pokémon because apparently that was his favourite show when he was young.

           Caleb saw us enter and he blushed when his eyes fell onto Lucy. I love how they both look at each other lovingly and they still blush and get shy from one another when they see each other. They're adorable. Caleb approached us with a goofy grin on his face. "See what kind of birthday I get? Apparently I'm growing too fast and my parents wanted to give me a birthday to remind me of when I was young."

Lucy kissed him on the lips sweetly. "Oh, poor baby. I guess we'll have to take you out later to a club to actually celebrate your birthday."

Caleb's eyes lit up as she pulled away from the kiss. "Really?" He asked excitedly. "Really?" He asked me this time to confirm.

I smiled and nodded my head. "Yup. We're going clubbing tonight. Even though I'd much rather stay at home tonight. No offence Caleb," I quickly added.

"I understand," he said. Looking at Caleb I realised he's a very funny and down to earth guy. He is the opposite of Lucy. He's calm and easy going, whereas she's wild and loud. I guess it's true when they say opposites do attract.

Lucy sure knows how to pick em. Caleb was very good looking and he took pride in his appearance. His golden blonde hair reminded me of summer time especially since he had tan skin to compliment his hair and the blue eyes. He looked like one of those hot surfer dudes. Lucy certainly was very proud whenever she was walking round with him. She loved making girls jealous.

"Happy Birthday, Caleb," I handed him my gift box which had a watch inside that I knew he had been eyeing for the past few months but hasn't gotten it for some reason.

           "Oh, Maya," he looked at me with red cheeks. This boy blushes a lot! "You really shouldn't have. But thank you," he hugged me and I was happy because I knew when he opened his gift, he'll be extremely happy with my choice of gift.

          Lucy then cleared her throat to get his attention as she held up her gift box. she had bought him the latest iPhone which is an iPhone X. She also said that she'll let him do whatever he wants to her tonight when they're alone. I guess that means I'll have the whole apartment to myself.

          "Yo, Caleb! Come here for a second," Hunter, his friend called him from the living room. Realising we were still standing in the foyer, we moved inside the house and Lucy wondered off to greet some of his family members such as his mother, father and siblings. They all love Lucy and they all know that Caleb's plans are to marry her. But no one has said a word to her about any of this.

Not knowing what to do and just standing there awkwardly, I decided to pour my self a drink from the table that had all the snacks and drinks. Then I felt someone stand beside me. I mentally cursed because I really hate talking to people unnecessarily.

"Judging from your face expression, I take it you don't wanna be here right now?" The voice said, standing to my right.

Am I that easy to read? Could people see right through my facade? "Well, you aren't wrong. But I have to be here, so.." I trailed off with a shrug as if I had no other choice. The voice let out a husky laugh. The sound intrigued me so I looked up and turned to face the person I was talking to.

The guy standing next to me was tall. He was so tall that I barely reached his chest. I looked up and saw his face. He is very good looking. His golden blonde hair is what I noticed first. It's similar to Caleb's hair.

"And why do you have to be here?"

"Because this is my best friend's, boyfriend's birthday party," I stated in a "duh" kinda tone.

He looked at me interested by the piece of information he just received. "Oh, so your Maya Brown? Lucy's friend,"

Now I looked interested, more curious actually, to know how this guy knows me. "I'm sorry, do I know you?" I asked hoping I didn't sound rude.

"I'm Nathan. Nate for short," he replied casually as if hearing his name would make me instantly know him. But it didn't.

          "I'm sorry, I still don't know you,"

           He looked amused. "Just because I know who you are, doesn't necessarily mean you know who I am,"

          Before I could ask what he meant, he walked off leaving me standing there feeling confused. Who the hell was that mysterious guy? And how did he know who I was? I continued drinking my drink as I stood there by the table awkwardly. Mr. and Mrs. Wood, Caleb's parents, eventually came and said hello to me. They are the sweetest people I've ever met and I can see so much of them in Caleb. They've raised a great guy and they must be so proud of him. It was nearing 10pm and I felt more than ready to leave when Lucy and Caleb came and found me, not that it was hard or anything. Everyone wished Caleb a happy birthday, he blew out the cake and we all ate some. It was quite delicious, so I made a mental note to ask Caleb to pack some for Lucy and I for later since we will definitely be drunk and it'll taste a hundred times better.

            At the club, Lucy and Caleb spent the entire night dancing together. They were really drunk but it was entertaining watching them dance the way they were. Lucy always managed to put a smile on my face which I was thankful for. I was on my fifth shot of vodka that I had mixed with red bull when I saw someone I didn't expect to see.

           Holy shit. We're busted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388 81 17
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
8.3K 954 20
Alex is a newly elected Attorney General with a secret (surprise, he's Gay) and he's trying to figure out how to deal with that while being the succe...
200 10 6
Harper married young and she married wrong. She tried for years to make her relationship work, until one fateful day when she arrived home early fro...
126K 2.8K 71
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "BREAKING FREE" Meet Aurora Reed.She's the schools hot new girl.She is strong willed and confident but has a heart made of gold.S...