{Not a Villain} BNHA x Male OC

By RyuShinawa

Ryu Shinawa, son of the infamous villains Black Cat and Soul Crusher. Despite his parents being locked away f... More

Ryu Shinawa: Origin
Chapter 1: Midoriya, Izuku!
Chapter 2: SERIOUSLY NOT OKAY
Chapter 3: The Rest of My Life
Chapter 4: Banana Monster Sensei
Chapter 5: Bakugou=Saltness
Chapter 6- The Villain You Truly Are
Ryu Shinawa: Hero Costume
Chapter 8- K.A.I.H.A.
Chapter 9- Cheering For the Wrong Team
Chapter 10- "Playing the Hero"
Chapter 11- Damn Cat

Chapter 7- I'M DEKU!

9.9K 317 85
By RyuShinawa

"With that, we're done here. There are handouts with the curriculum and such in the classroom, so when you get back, look over them." Aizawa-sensei drawled, walking away from class 1-A.

The teacher stopped, however, and turned to a certain green haired student.

"Midoriya," Aizawa said, handing him a note, "Have the old lady fix you up in the nurse's office."

"Tomorrow will be packed with even more rigorous tests. Prepare yourself." And then, he walked off.

Ryu glanced over at Midoriya, who looked dejectedly down at the slip of paper.

"AHAHA!" Ryu shouted, slapping Midoriya's back, "Nice job! You were super cool, Midoriya."

Midoriya smiled shyly. "T-thanks.... but even if I tried my best.... There's so much I couldn't do."

Ryu frowned.

"I'm starting from last place." Midoriya gestured to the score board.

Ryu smiled. "Then that means there's nowhere to go but up, ne?"

Midoriya smiled as well. Ryu noticed that all too familiar look of determination on his face.

"Aizawa-kun. You liar."

Ryu suddenly heard a voice speak from the direction Aizawa had gone. His ears perked up.

"All Might..."

'All Might's here...?'

"So you were watching? Too much time on your hands?"

"'A rational deception' you said? April Fools was last week. You punished a whole class of last year's first-years with expulsion. You cut those you judge to have no potential without hesitation. For a man like that to take back his words—

That must be because you also felt the potential of that kid, right?"

"'Also?'

You seem to be supporting him quite a bit. Is that how a teacher should be acting?

His potential was not zero. That's all it was. I will always cut those without potential. There's nothing crueler than letting a dream end midway."

Ryu grumbled. "'That's all it was', my a—"

"What was that, Ryu?" Midoriya asked.

"Ahaha, nothing, nothing." Ryu scratched the back of his head. "Just talking to myself."

Timeskip:

Ryu and Midoriya were walking away from U.A. at the conclusion of their first day of school, headed to the train station.

Midoriya was hunched over. "Ughhh.... I'm so tired."

Ryu giggled.

"Hey, Iida-kun!" Ryu said suddenly.

Iida, who had been walking behind the two to catch up with them, jumped in surprise. Midoriya stopped and turned around, also startled.

"How did you know he was there?!" Midoriya said, releasing a breath.

"I could hear his footsteps from a while back. His steps are really easy to tell apart from everyone else's." Ryu explained.

Iida regained his composure, and the group started walking again.

"Ah, I see... I just came to ask if Midoriya's finger was healed." Iida said.

"Yep! Thanks to Recovery Girl." Midoriya held up his bandaged finger.

Iida put a hand up to his chin. "I was really taken aback by Aizawa-sensei. I even thought, 'this is the best of the best' and such."

"I didn't think a teacher would encourage us with a lie." Iida said.

'Actually, I don't think he was totally kidding....'

"Oi! You three! Going to the station? Wait for me!"

The trio turned around to see Uraraka running towards them.

She managed to catch up to the group. "You're the infinity girl." Iida said.

"I'm Uraraka Ochako! Um, you're Iida Tenya. And you—" Uraraka looked at Ryu.

She smiled. "You're the nice girl who saved me and I don't even know your name!"

Midoriya stifled a laugh and Iida looked very confused.

Ryu closed his eyes, willing away the tick mark on his head. "I'm Shinawa Ryu. But you can call me Ryu."

Uraraka tilted her head to the side. "Ryu...? That's not a very girly name..."

Ryu sighed. "That's because I'm not a girl."

Uraraka blinked. "Haaaaaah? Seriously?! No way! You're way too cute!" she laughed.

Ryu sighed again. Iida just looked relieved that the misunderstanding was cleared up.

"Oh! And you're Midoriya Deku, right?"

"'Deku?!'" Midoriya said in surprise.

"Pffffffffftt...." Ryu put a hand over his mouth.

"Huh? But during the fitness test, the boy named Bakugou said— (flashback to: 'DEKU, YOU BASTARD!'), remember?" Uraraka said.

"Uh... my real name is Izuku, but Deku is what Kacchan calls me to make fun of me..." Midoriya explained awkwardly.

"An insult...?" Iida asked, mainly to himself.

"Oh! Is that right? Sorry..." Uraraka said.

Ryu grabbed Midoriya's shoulder. "But hey! 'Deku' sort of sounds like that Japanese word for 'you can do it', right? So I kinda like the name." Ryu grinned.

Midoriya's face went red.

"I'M DEKU!" he exclaimed.

"Midoriya-kun?!" said Iida, "You're accepting it too easily! Wasn't that an insult?!"

Midoriya had his face in his hands, and Ryu couldn't help but laugh at his actions.

Timeskip:

Ryu and his classmates quickly learned that some things about U.A. were entirely normal... just in an abnormal way. Although, the "normal" things were still foreign to Ryu, since his only school experience was homeschooling.

In the morning, class 1-A had completely regular classes. It was a little strange having super heroes teaching regular classes like English, though.

Lunch was held in the main cafeteria. The cafeteria staff was also composed of heroes, which was... interesting to say the least.

In the afternoon, class 1-A has their Hero Basic Training.

"I... AAAAAAAAAAMMMM—"

A random All Might appeared in the doorway of the classroom.

"Entering through the door like a normal person!" All Might yelled.

Ryu sweat dropped, but couldn't help smiling.

"It's All Might!" Kaminari said.

"Wow, he really is a teacher!" exclaimed Kirishima.

"That's a costume from the Silver Age, isn't it?" Asui asked.

All Might dramatically walked to the front of the class, swinging his arms as if he were jogging, but moving incredibly slow.

"I teach Hero Basic Training!" All Might announced when he finally stopped. "It is a subject where you train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero."

"You'll take the most units of this subject! Let's get right into it! This is what we'll do today..." All Might magically pulled out a sign as he held it out towards the class.

The small sign read: 'BATTLE'

"Combat training!" All Might shouted.

"Combat!!!" Bakugou said, already looking forward to battling.

"Training..." said Midoriya.

"And to go with that, are these!!!" All Might pointed to the wall.

Sections of the wall started protruding outwards. The sections had small compartments with numbers on them.

"Costumes were made based on your Quirk registrations, and the requests you sent in before school started!" All Might explained.

"Wooooaaahhh!" The class shouted in excitement.

"After you change, gather in Ground Beta!"

"Yes, sir!" the class responded.

Everyone animatedly talked about their new costumes and the combat training, but only one thing was going through Ryu's mind:

'We were supposed to make a costume request...?'

Author's Note: That's it from me for today! You'll get to see what Ryu's costume is like in the next chapter! Sorry for the late update.

*bows profusely*

*bow*
*bow*
*bow*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 17.2K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
596K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
1.1M 30.2K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
70.5K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...