Love The Job. Hate The Client!

By CrawlingDoom

You know when you have that one neighbor you highly despise? It rocks, doesn't it? Especially when he's the... More

LJHC (And The Nightmare Begins #2)
LJHC #3 (Second Natures)
LJHC #4 (Surprises and Old Habits)

Love The Job. Hate The Client.

3.7K 90 73
By CrawlingDoom

The idea just sort of popped into my mind today! Along with a bunch of other ideas... But let's focus on this one for now!

It might not be all that great and yes, it is kind of short. But I promise you, kind person reading this, it WILL get better! MUCH BETTER!

So pretty please with a batty on top comment?

Vote? Just a click away! ----------->

And fan? Once again, only if you liked it. Or you liked another story of mine! Lol ^^

Well, enjoy.... *Theme music* Daaaaadummmmmmmmm!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 Years Earlier

"You see this?" Blair smirked as he pointed to his chest with his thumb, an enormous grin on his face. "This is going to be famous one day!"

I snickered as I walked over to my tire swing in my backyard. "Ha! And the day you become famous, I'm going to be your bodyguard!" I laughed, sarcasm dripping off my words. He ran in front of me, jumping up on the swing before I could reach it. "Hey!" I shouted.

"Exactly! You're going to be following me around, wiping my butt and listening to my orders!" He squealed from the top of the swing, rocking back and forth. When the swing flung forward, it smacked me right in the face, sending me reeling backwards. I dug my heels into the ground below before my full body weight hit the floor, and as I pushed myself up, I shot him a threatening glare as he giggled from above.

When the swing came back my way, I prepared myself for the blow. Seizing the forceful swing, Blair fell off, collapsed on to his back on the ground. I leapt at him, pinning him down.

"Well hi there." He grinned. "You know, you didn't have to push me off the swing if you wanted this."

I glowered down at him, wanting to smack away that cheesy grin of his. "I REALLY hate you..." I growled menacingly, hoping with all my might that I'd scare him.

But instead he laughed. "Oh silly Danica. You don't really hate me. You LOVE me but you refuse to admit!"

At his words, I snapped. My fist jerked backwards and I punched Blair right smack on the mouth.

He screamed, spitting out blood as his hand shot to his mouth. "You little---"

"Danica!" both our moms shrieked, pulling me off of him. I thrashed about in their arms, managing a good kick to his shoulder.

"You see that, Blair!" I had shouted as his mom dragged him away for the day. "That's called love!"

11 Years Later. Present Day.

There's usually always one thing you hate most about high school. From homework to uniforms. There's always one thing, or more.

My most hated thing was the bell. Somehow, it would always seem to speed up whenever I had to do something, making me continually arrive late to class. Earning myself some detentions.

And now, I was charging down the hall at top speed, trying not to run over any of the younger students that seemed to ENJOY getting in my way. As I continued running up the stairs, abruptly a foot was kicked out in my direction. Going at the speed I was going and because of the tiny distance between the foot and my legs, I had no time to jump, only to trip over it and face-plant against the stairs. My binder flew out of my hands, my papers soaring all around me as I caressed my throbbing forehead.

Hysterical laughter made me glare up at the culprit. "Oh my God, Danica! If I knew you looked that hilarious falling than I should have started tripping you earlier!" Blinking my clouded vision to try to make it adjust, it cleared to reveal Blair attempting to hide his amused smirk. His friends chuckled behind him as I patted around, picking up my papers as the bell rang above me. Gritting my teeth, I imagined myself in another godforsaken detention... and it was because of Blair...

"I should KILL you!" I screamed, lunging at him. Someone seized my waist, pulling me away before my claws slashed into the arrogant bastard. I glanced up to see my best friend, Red, holding out his hand with my once-scattered papers, while glaring at Blair.

"Really. You guys shouldn't continue this feud of yours at school. Wait till you get home, shall we?" He said calmly, as if I hadn't just been seconds away from bashing Blair's face in.

He snickered back. "Wow. Red, you shouldn't really get in other people's business. It's rude." He pushed past him just as I screamed out.

"It's also RUDE to trip people that are in a hurry!"

Blair glanced over his shoulder with a wide smile. "Which only makes it even funner to trip!" Shooting her a wink, he walked off, calling back. "See you at home, Danica!"

"When Hell freezes over, Bastard!" I roared back, attempting to rip myself out of Red's arms and tackle him down.

But Red's arms wouldn't budge; and he leant over me, whispering in my ear. "Honestly, Danica. You two gotta cool it at school. You want MORE detentions that AREN'T for tardiness?!" He asked, his voice quivering a bit from his usual cool state. "And surely you know Hell WILL freeze over since Blair lives right next door to you..."

"I know." I sighed, finally writhing out of his arms. "Dang, I'm training to be a bodyguard for my parents guarding business and I can't even get out of YOUR arms!"

He glimpsed at his arms, holding them up and flexing them. Lean muscle bulged out from his bicep. "Come on, Danica. Don't be so crude! You know I've been working out recently!"

I gestured him away as I continued to walk slowly to my first period. I mean, what's the point of running when you're already ten minutes late? "Yeah, yeah, yeah. But you're not majoring in physical fitness, now are you?!" I beckoned back, silencing myself right outside the door of my first class of the day. When I glanced through the glass panel just above the door knob, I saw each student and my teacher glaring at me. 'Oh great... So they had heard me shouting in the halls...'

With a silent sigh, I turned the knob and stepped in. Mr. Liam glared at me ferociously, as if he planned on killing me with that burning gaze of his, as I leisurely tip-toed to his desk. "You're late yet again, Miss Woods. Do you have another grand excuse for me today? Had to use the restroom? Got locked in the janitors closet once again?" His voice was bitter and he made it so that his every word sliced through me.

Only it didn't. I was stronger. And I could handle all the slashes this hateful teacher was willing to throw my way.

Eyes locking with his, I simply drawled out the word. "Tripped."

Snickering erupted in the once quiescent room, the occasional "Klutz!" ringing out. But shaking their insults away, I continued my stare-down with Mr. Liam.

He grumbled, lowering his gaze as he stabbed my slip with his pen, ink flying everywhere on the tiny sliver of paper. "Detention." He snarled, almost throwing the paper at me as he pointed to the back of the room. "Now go take your seat."

I marched my way to the back, avoiding more and more feet that were being kicked out at me. Wow. Looks to me like they had already heard of Blair and our little show at the staircase. Great... Just splendid...

When I was positioned in my seat, I stared straight at my desk; or rather, the detention slip, whilst avoiding the hateful glares of the students. I didn't know why all these students seem to hate me. I mean, I never did anything for the brutal pelts of glares or scolds I constantly got every day of my academic life. I was usually quiet and friendly, unless provoked, of course. So why was I so loathed, I had no idea. Other than Red and my other buddy Amber, I had no friends. So if I had to describe my high school years, they were a living Hell. My own personal Hell in these confined walls of utter boringness.

My eyes widened when I read the reason of my detention. Not only was tardiness listed, but there was something else.

'Rude Staring.'

I was going to scream. This was unfair. The scream was crawling up my throat until it ceased when soft tapping made me glance over to the door beside me. And what I saw had that screech almost rip out of my throat and echo around the room. But I forced it down with a gulp, my brows drawing together as I glared out the glass panel.

Blair was waving at me rapidly, his bottom lip tucked between his front teeth. When I flipped him off, flashing him my detention slip, he laughed, giving me two thumbs-up. Mouthing 'Have Fun!', he strolled away, leaving me to suffer in this tormenting classroom.

A growl from the front of the class got my attention from the door. Mr. Liam was glowering at me, his fist clenching the piece of chalk, the tip of it stabbing the board. "Mind telling us what has your avid attention, Miss Woods?"

Rolling my eyes, I sighed loudly, burying my face deep within my arms, trying to find some means of an escape. Only to have the realization slap me across the face that I had six more hours stuck in Hell...

Another long suffered sigh escaped from my body.

* * *

Pulling the key out of the lock and pushing my front door open, I called out. "I'm home!"

I could hear my mother cheerfully singing in the kitchen; and when I heard her chiming to All Time Low, my favorite band whose CDs happened to be in each stereo in the house, a smile emerged on my face. Seriously, I couldn't ask for a better mom. I didn't know another mother who cooked while singing to every song from her daughter's favorite band.

My father came down the stairs, planting a kiss on my hair as he strolled over to the kitchen. "How was your day, honey?" Mom asked, tossing me a can of Dr. Pepper. I shrugged, cracking the cap as I took a sip, eyeing them from the rim. Even for me having awesome parents, they seemed to be in a waaay cheerier mood than usual.

Sensing what I was thinking, Mom said as she wiping her hands on her apron. "We've got a job for you, Danica. And it's a job you can't refuse." Dad lowered the music as I gestured for her to continue, even though I was bubbling up inside with glee. 'Finally!' I thought, 'My first actual bodyguarding job!' She proceeded. "Your job is to guard one America's soon-to-be rising pop icons." I grinned up at her. A rising icon. My first job would be to guard a pop icon... "The parents insisted that you're hired for the job and we just couldn't say no. And I believe he's to be here at any minute."

I was giddy, practically jumping up and down with excitement. I couldn't wait to meet my client, to shake his hand and thank him for picking me; or rather, his parents. Or maybe I should be calm and cool, simply nod my thanks?

When the door bell rang, I held my breath, my lips curled up into an anxious smile. My mom walked over to the door, opening it with a bright smile.

"Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Woods." He greeted, walking in.

His dirty blond hair was disheveled, his brown eyes scanning the room with a certain glow within them. His outfit was casual, nothing Pop Icon about it: a striped hoodie, white t-shirt, black skinnies and converse.

His parents walked in right behind him, greeting my parents kindly. Like they always had.

Walking over to me, he stood in front of me, that cheesy smile of his curving his lips.

"Told you I'd see you at home, Danica!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think about it! Please! All comments, votes, and fanning are greatly appreciated and well, it'll make me love you!!! XD

Continue Reading