Can Love be Electric? - Space...

nightslegacy द्वारा

Avery was always quiet during the mystery at KISS World, and she only talked when needed. When she returns la... अधिक

Avery Rose Cromwell
Before You Start this Story...
A Shockin' Intro
Chp. 1: Return to KISS World
Chp. 2: Being Watched...
Ch. 3: Hiding and Thorn(s)
Chp. 4: A Bear of an Attack
Note: Apologizing
Notice
Chp. 6: Gabriel
Chp. 7: Fierce Encounters
Chp. 8: Bonding and Explanations
Chp. 9: Visions to Not-so-Normalcy
Authors Note *Please Read*
Chp. 10: Control
Ch. 11: Shouldn't Have Left
Ch. 12: Voice
Ch. 13: Screw You Thrice Over
Ch. 14: New Found Confidence
Ch. 15: Need to See

Chp. 5: Truths Revealed and Missing

1.8K 43 1
nightslegacy द्वारा

"This must have happened the same time the girls were being chased." Starchild concluded. We were near one of the gifts shops. The glass of open of the windows to the store room was broken.

"They must have used the window to get in." The security guard from earlier was here too. That statement caught my attention. The glass was all wrong.

"No they didn't." They all turned to me.

"What?"

"They didn't use the window to break in, they used it to get out." I moved carefully toward the window. "If they broke the window to get in, the majority of the glass would be inside. Not out here on the ground."

"She's right." As Catman said that, something caught my attention on the ground next to the door. I knelt down, picked it up, and examined it.

"What is it?" Ace asked. I didn't answer him. I looked up at the door and examined the lock. 

"Do these doors automatically lock?" I asked. I turned my head toward the guard.

"Yes they do. Why?" I look at the lock and the window.

"Do you have the keys?" He nodded and gave them to me. I opened the door and looked at the lock on the other side to see no scratches like on the other side of the door knob.

"Avery?" I heard Thorn call from the other side. I came out.

"Lock picks." I said out of the blue. They looked at me blankly. "Whoever broke in used lock picks. But they didn't realize the door locks automatically. So once they were done taking what they wanted they found the door locked. They panicked and broke the window to get out, picked up the lock picks." I held the lock pick. "And ran."

"Wow. You found that all out with only this?" The guard was dumbfounded. I just nodded. I handed the tool and keys to the guard. He walked into the room. I looked at the guys. They just looked at me amused. I smiled until I noticed Thorn was walking away.

"Thorn?" I called to her like she did to me a minute ago. I looked at Ace and then ran after her. I could hear them after me. "Thorn!" She had turned the corner and disappeared. Once we finally caught up to her, she was in the same place we saw the bear.  She was knelt down. I came up behind her. "What is it?"

"Stage effects." She stood up and showed me her hand. There was a colored residue on her hand. "It's the same stuff that we use."

"What do you mean 'we use'?" We looked at the guys when Demon asked.

"Oh! They don't know." I looked at Thorn as I said that.

"I'm in a band with two other girls. We're called The Hex Girls." She explained to them while examining the powdery residue.

"Really? You're one of The Hex Girls?" Catman asked.

"Yeah. I'm the guitarist." She turned toward us.

"I though you looked familiar." Catman said. We got a sample of the substance and was on our way back to the stage area when my phone went off. I jumped because this the first time it's gone off in hours. I took it out to see it was my Aunt Torilie. I stopped to answer.

"Hello?" I said into the phone. My sudden voice made Spaceman look back at me.

"Aver? Where are you? I know I told you to go out but I haven't heard from you." 

"Sorry Aunt Torilie. I've just been a bit..." I paused to see everyone looking at me. "A bit busy."

"Do you know when your going to be home?"

"No I don't but don't worry. I'm with friends."

"What friends hun? Do I know them?" I rolled my eyes at her protectiveness.

"Yes you do. I'm with Thorn and a few others." Thorn walked over. I held out the phone.

"Hello Miss Addams." She called though.

"Oh hello Sally um I mean Thorn. Sorry darlin." We laughed at her stumble.

"It's fine."

"Okay well see you later Aves. Just let me know when you're coming home."

"I will bye." I hung up the phone. "Holy crap. She can be protective." Thorn laughed at me. "Shut up." I walked away from her. As I did my phone started going off again. This time it was my mother. I just stared at it as it went off.

"Avery?" I heard Ace call. I looked up at him. I saw concerned look on his face as well as the others. I declined the call and walked on. I walked past everyone.

"Avery? Who was it?" Thorn ran up next to me. I stopped.

"It was my mom." I went backstage and left them all there.

Thorn's POV

I sighed as Avery walked away. I ran up a hand through my hair.

"What was that?" I heard Catman ask. I turned toward them.

"That was her mom. They..." I thought about how to say it. "Don't get along or they...are not on the same track."

"What do you mean?" Spaceman asked.

"Her parents weren't the best when she was growing up. They were somewhat neglectful until her sister was born. Then they basically acted like she wasn't even there. That's one reason she's so self-reserved and shy." I let that sit heavy. "When her parents call it's mainly because they want something. And also they're why she try's not to get close to a lot of people so it doesn't hurt when they leave and her insecurities add to everything as well." I didn't say anything more. I couldn't really.

"That explains so much." Spaceman said.

"But how did she open up to you and the Scooby Gang?" Starchild asked.

"She grew up with the gang so I'm guessing she grew to trust them overtime. And with me and the rest of The Hex Girls was during the Witch's Ghost mystery. They had come to our home town of Oakhaven and we grew close somehow during that time." I explained.

"I knew she was shy but did realize it was that bad." Spaceman said. Demon nodded.

"I wish I had never said what I did." Demon breathed out. Spaceman  gave him a sympathetic look. They talked amongst each other for a minute.

"I do have one thing to ask of you guys." They all turned attention to me. "Don't let her down." I walked away to find Avery. Once I did I said nothing as I sat down next to her. She lent into my shoulder.

"You told them didn't you?" I nodded. She sighed. She wiped a hand across her face.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. You probably got it out better than I would've." She chuckled. I smiled. The door opening cause us to look that way. The guys walked through. Avery wiped her hands on her jeans.

"We're sorry Avery." As they said that, her breathing went rugged. I rubbed her back. Spaceman came over and sat down.

"Avery?" He asked softly. She moved to where her head was buried in his neck. I smiled small and left them alone.

Avery's POV

I was trying not to cry as I lent into Ace. My breathing was jagged and was getting harder to breath.

"I'm sorry Avery. I didn't know. It does make things clearer. But I wish why it makes it clearer wasn't the reason." I chuckled lowly. 

"But it is. Isn't it? Can't change that." I sat up but grabbed his hand to keep contact. His thumb ran circles on the top of my hand. That did calm me down a little. I looked over to where the rest were standing. They were talking amongst each other about god knows what.

"Avery...Thorn said that things changed after your sister was born. What happened?"

"My sister is 5 years younger than me. When she was born it was like I disappeared into the shadows. They treated her like she was a goddess. I love my sister don't get me wrong but the people who your supposed to be able to trust the most...I can't trust at all. If it wasn't for my Aunt Torilie, I might not have been with the gang to meet you guys. I might not have been anywhere." I could feel tears coming on. "I'm going to get some air." I got up.

"Do you need me to go with you?" He moved to where he was sitting on the edge of the seat.

"No. I'm fine." I brushed some hair out of his face and kissed his cheek. "Be back after bit."

I walked out of the catacombs and took a big breath. I was able to fight back tears as I walked through out the semi-dark park. I started humming to "About the Boy" By Little Mix. I loved that song. As I walked and hummed, I calmed down. I was walking down the strip near the Rockin' Flume when I heard a noise behind me. I though maybe Ace come after anyway.

"Ace?" I heard and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

I started to walk again. I made it to the drum ride when another noise came out of nowhere. I turned around again to see nothing. I was getting a little scared. As I turned back around I was grabbed from behind and pulled into an ally.

"Ahhh!" I screamed as the person pulled me farther into the ally. The person put their hand over my mouth. They pulled me into what seemed to be a storage room. I was thrown to the floor. I scrambled back and looked up at my kidnapper. It was the same man from earlier with the bear. "You..."

"Hello darling." He took a step forward, I moved to where I was against a wall. "Oh no need for that." He knelt down and brushed a hand across my cheek. I turned away from his hand. Tears were welling up again.

"What do you want?" He chuckled but didn't answer. He grabbed my wrists and yanked me up. He pulled me out the door. 

"Be quiet." He sneered at me. I did because fear was choking me. He was pulling me through the park trying to get somewhere. I was trying to get out of his grip but it was to strong. I saw out of the corner of my eye someone in the distance.

"Help! Help me!" I found my voice and screamed. I saw the person turn toward us. I t was the security guard.

"Be quiet!" He let go of my wrist only to pick me up around my waist. My wrists were magically tied together. The guard was running this way but the man seemed to be moving to fast. I kicked my legs trying to know him off balance but didn't work.

"Stop!" The guard had gotten closer to us. The  man holding me stopped and looked at the guard as he got close.

"Don't even try moron! She's as good as gone!" Smoke started to swirl around us. It built up to where it was covering us. The guard lunged forward but only caught a hold of the mans coat which ripped in his hand. The smoke completely covered us and then disappeared. We were in some kind of room. He pushed me down on a chair.

"Ow!" I muttered. I looked up at the man with fearful eyes. He walked around the chair in circles observing me.

"I gues you're wondering why I took you." I stayed silent. He chuckled and was walking behind me again. As he did he ran his hand across my shoulders. A shiver ran down my spine. "Well darling..." He paused and knelt in front of me. "Let's just say I have some beef with Mr. Spaceman." He caught my chin in hand. "And I know just how to deal with it." My eyes widen and tears spilled over.

Spaceman's POV

I was laughing at something Demon said while waiting for Avery to come back. Every now and again I looked toward the door. I was worried about her so much. The childhood I had learned about shocked me. As I thought about all of this the door opened. I turned to see Phil, the security head, came through with something in his hand. I saw a grim look on his face.

"Is something wrong Phil?" I asked. He came over to me.

"Yes. Very wrong." He looked around the room. "It's about Miss Avery." The room went quiet. The guard took a breath. "She's been kidnapped." I stopped breathing.

"What?" I barely got out.

"She was taken. Kidnapped." It was like I hit a stonewall. I sat down and gazed off. I couldn't believe it. I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Starchild.

"How?" Starchild said in a stern voice.

"Well..."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

2.3K 93 26
The fourth and final story of the "Would You Like To Know Me" saga. You are now on the biggest adventure of your life with one of the biggest rock st...
31.2K 452 10
What happened to the Scooby Gang, KISS, and My Character at KISS World. Precursors to my stories.
10.2K 605 71
***This is a continuation of the story from Kiss: Casablanca High School, so read that first if you want! It's not necessary to but it would help*** ...
11.9K 377 17
Paul Stanley became a father early in life when he was just 17. When the mother of his child decided she didn't want to be tied down, she walked out...