Disguised Royalty

By Black_whitecanvas19

When Alexandra Wilfred, moves from London to a small town in America, where everyone knows each other and whe... More

Authors Note.
Prologue.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.

Chapter 10.

435 31 1
By Black_whitecanvas19

:Picture of Charles:

Chapter 10: Charles.

The time passed by. She didn't know how long she sat there, looking at the view, lost in her thoughts. She was pulled out of her reverie when she heard the crunching of leaves behind her, her body tensed, when she heard the footfalls, although, She was curious she couldn't turn around, because of the terror of the situation. She was sitting alone in the woods, it was almost the middle of the night and most probably a serial killer or an axe murderer was out on a hunt, judging by the stories she heard by the townies, it could be the evil spirits or those infamous night crawlers.

Alexandra never imagined her death, but she never knew it would be like this, now she was a very strong and hard headed girl but, anyone would crap their pants in a situation like this, She was sat frozen in her spot hoping whatever it was wouldn't see her if she didn't move, not like she could move even if she wanted to, every bone in her body was frozen.

"I don't think it's a wise idea to be here alone in the middle of the night, unless you're suicidal". A deep, husky unfamiliar voice said from behind her.

"Please don't kill me, i don't even know myself". Alexandra said in a rush, not even analyzing her words, panic clear in her voice, her eyes still closed tightly.

A deep laugh bubbled out of the man standing behind her, it sounded like santa's laugh. She heard shuffling and then a big bulky figure sat next to her on the edge of the cliff. He held his hand out towards Alexandra.

"I'm Charles and you are?". He introduced himself politely, looking at her expectantly. She hesitated for a second before shaking his hand and introducing herself. He was a tall man, with strong build, graying dark hair, dark eyes, looked to be around in his early seventies, wrinkles and old scars were displayed on his face, telling the old tales of the struggles he might've been through, although, she couldn't see much detail in the moon light. But one thing she could tell clearly, He was inhumanly huge.

"You're Esteban's daughter?". He asked after the introductions, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes?". She answered, but it came out more like a question. To say his presence intimidated her would be an understatement. She wasn't surprised that he knew her father, because it was a small town, everyone knew each other, as well as what was happening in their lives. The news spread like wild fire when they moved here four years ago and they were warmly welcomed by all. However, She didn't know who he was, but, that's normal in her case, because she was more interested in finding out the hidden things and people, rather than the apparent. He chuckled at her reply and turned to look at the view in front of him, it was silent for a while until he broke it.

"So, what are you doing here?". He asked, turning to look at her.

"I come here to think, it's peaceful". She answered after a couple seconds of hesitation, her heavy accent apparent in every syllable, the 'here' sounded more like 'heyah'.

"They say, strangers are the best listeners". He replied, he may be intimidating but, his voice was filled with a fatherly warmth which reminded her of her own father and calmed her nerves a bit, but only a tiny bit.

"I wish I knew, how to put them in words". She said, with a rueful smile on her lips.

••••

She got home around 3:00 in the morning, by then everyone was asleep. She went to her room and close the door quietly behind her as to not wake up anybody, she took a quick shower and changed into her pajamas before deciding to finish her homework, for she knew she wouldn't be getting any sleep anytime soon and she didn't want to think about anything anymore than she already has.

By the time she was done with her homework it was almost 6:00, Highschool sucks, She thought moving her neck side to side to ease the cramps. She decided to get ready for the day and went to her walk-in closet, picking out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a black hoodie with the wordings 'Bonjour Bitches', which was a birthday present from Blake and a pair of black and white sneakers, her hair was tied in a loose pony tail, her face bare of any make up.

She got ready in record time, picking up her phone and backpack, she got out of the house and made her way towards her car, She wasn't in the mood to face her parents, so she decided to go to school early after grabbing herself some food of course. She went to the cafe, which was located just around the corner, they served the best breakfast deals and their coffee was to die for.

She parked the car in the parking lot and stalked towards the door, the bell chimed as she entered, catching the attention of Meredith--the owner of the cafe, sweet lady in her late fifties.

"Alexandra dear, it's been a while". Meredith said and walked towards her, giving her a warm motherly hug.

"Well, school started. I've been busy". She replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"Food makes everthing better, come on in". She said and ushered Alexandra towards a table near the large window, where she usually sat. "The usual?". Meredith asked, once Alexandra was settled down.

She replied with a nod and Meredith went towards the back to get her order, She checked her wrist watch it was 7:02, She took out her hardcopy of 'Bag of Bones' and continued reading from where she left, a few minutes later Meredith served the coffee and the nutella pancakes that she usually ordered, Alexandra thanked her and she left, She was so into the book that she didn't here the bell chime as someone entered. Blake sat opposite her, glaring daggers at her when she didn't acknowledge his presence, he plucked the book out of her hands and she looked up ready to give whoever interrupted her a piece of her mind, until she noticed who it was.

"Where the fuck were you?! We looked for you everywhere, literally! And where the hell is your damn phone?! Do you have any idea, how worried we were?!". Blake started ranting, as soon as he got her atention.

"I'm sorry". Alexandra said, she knew it would just piss him off more, but she wasn't in the mood to give him the details by recalling the whole incident this early in the morning.

"That's all you're going to say?". He questioned, throwing his arms in the air dramatically, disblief covering his features.

"Well......". Alexandra trailed off, not exactly knowing what to say.

"Anyway, whatever. First tell me where were you last night? And please don't say you were anywhere near the woods, because i swear i'm going to have a heartattack". He said, concern and uncertainity clear on his face.

"I can't". She replied.

"What?". Blake said confused.

"I can't say that, cause i was in the woods". She said, confusion clear in her ocean blue orbs. As soon as the words left her mouth, a look of pure horror plastered itself on his features and the next second she was enveloped in a bone crushing hug by Blake, rocking her back and forth and silently thanking God that she was alive. Alexandra pushed him away and took a lung full of air, before glaring at him for blocking her air.

"What the hell is going on?!". She exclaimed, beyond confused now.

"I went to look for you in the woods". Blake said, the horror still clear on his face.

"And?".

"I couldn't find you near the wall and decided to go back, when i was on my way back i saw something and someone near the cabin, thank God the lights were on or i would've missed them". He said and took his phone out of his pocket. "Thank the heavens, i was able to get out of there before they saw me".

"Who did you see, Blake?". Alexandra asked impatiently, curiousity covering her features.

"God, it was insanely huge Alex! And it didn't look like he was bothered by it!". Blake exclaimed in disblief and horror, shoving his phone towards her.

Alexandra looked at the screen and as soon as she did her eyes widened, a look of pure shock and interest covering her features and slowly her lips tipped up into a grin, She looked up at Blake with a twinkle in her eyes, strangely enough what she saw didn't scare her one bit, but only encouraged her further to unveil all the veiled secrets.

"I'll be waiting for you in the woods tonight". She said her lips tipped up in a sly smirk, causing Blake to look at her like she was some kind of an alien.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°

Authors Note.

Hiya,

Here is another chapter, hope you guys enjoy it. Don't forget to vote and comment, because that really helps and a BIG THANK YOU for reading and supporting, it means the world to me.

Till next time......................

Romaisa Choudhry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 61 35
***Note: It's all fiction.*** A beast. A human. Both are destined to be soulmates. One thinks that it's unfair for a human to have to live with a bea...
29.8K 843 19
Lucy is just an average girl who lived an average life. At age 18, she has a job, lives in a house by herself, and has very few friends. She basicall...
210K 8.3K 41
Norah Bloodmoon had been forced to live away from her family for seventeen years after being taken from her pack at only two weeks old. Being kept in...
33K 2.2K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...