Worth It

By blackgirlwrites

[COMPLETED] This story is messy! Prepare to be pissed! Lol More

Chapter 1: Challenge Accepted
Chapter 2: All In
Chapter 3: Feels Right
Chapter 4: The Wknd
Chapter 5: A Metaphor For Always
Chapter 6: Knowing What You Deserve
Chapter 7: Got Your Back
Chapter 8: Looking Out
Chapter 9: Being Present
Chapter 10: Heart to Heart
Chapter 11: Pining After You
Chapter 12: Heated Confrontation
Chapter 13: How It Went Down
Chapter 14: The Cat is Out of the Bag
Chapter 15: You Got Served
Chapter 16: In the Blink of An Eye
Chapter 17: Major Adjustments
Chapter 18: Official
Chapter 19: The Turn Up
Chapter 20: If It's Not One Thing...
Chapter 21: ...It's Another
Chapter 22: Pinky Promise
Chapter 23: The Visit
Chapter 24: The Interlude
Chapter 25: Things Fall Apart
Chapter 26: Curveball
Chapter 27: Thanks Ma
Chapter 28: The Smoke Has Cleared
Chapter 29: Our Next Move
Chapter 30: Clear the Room
Chapter 31: The Chat
Chapter 32: First Impressions
Chapter 33: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 34: Laying it All Down
Chapter 36: Decisions
Chapter 37: A Little Solace...
Chapter 38: Bittersweet Moments
Chapter 39: Back to Back
Chapter 40: Water Lilies
Chapter 41: The Light at the End
Chapter 42: New Life
Chapter 43: It's Me
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Pieces He Left
Chapter 46: I Remember
Chapter 47: The Saturday After
Chapter 48: Puzzle Pieces
Part 49: The One Before You
Chapter 50: Denial Ain't Just A River...
Chapter 51: Detour
Chapter 52: Make Believe Love
Chapter 53: You Know How That Goes
Chapter 54: 6211 Lighthouse Drive
Chapter 55: Let's stay Together
Chapter 56: The Blow Up
Chapter 57: I'll Always Love You
Chapter 58: An Unforgettable Night
Chapter 59: The Truth About Us
Chapter 60: Snapped
Chapter 61: Go Handle Your Business
Chapter 62: These Arms
Chapter 63: Terms & Conditions

Chapter 35: Mommy Dearest

1.4K 105 17
By blackgirlwrites

"What is that noise," I mumbled as I lifted up my head from Kevin's chest. "Kevin," I mumbled as I shifted my position in the bed. When he didn't move or respond I nudged him. "Kevin."

"Huh," he said groggily.

"Do you hear that?"

"Yeah," he said sleepily. "It's probably somebody next door," he said turning over.

The loud banging persisted. I pulled the covers back and got out of bed to investigate it. "I know your ass in here," I heard someone yell on the other side of the door. "Get your ass up!" I looked through the peep hole and opened the door.

"Ma wha---"

My mother burst through the door yelling and carrying on. "What did you do," she asked, waving a bunch of papers in my face. I stepped back and looked at her. "He's gone! What the hell did you do!" I walked away from her and went to go sit down on the couch. I put my head down. "What the hell did you do Alyssa, huh!" I pushed my hair back out of my face. "Ma," I yelled back, "Ma! Calm down! What are you talking about? It's too early in the morning for all that damn yelling."

She shoved the papers in my face. "Read these." I snatched them from her and quickly read it over. When I was finished I looked up at her. "I fail to see the problem. Daddy signed the divorce papers like you wanted and left you a note saying that he was moving out. Actually, I think it was nice of him to write you that note. I wouldn't have extended to you that same courtesy."

"Don't get cute with me Alyssa, okay," my mother snapped back. "Those divorce papers have been sitting on his desk for the past four months and within that time frame he has not looked at them once. This morning, however I wake up and guess what I find? Guess," she said sticking her neck out at me."

I rolled my eyes and huffed. "The div---"

"Yep. The divorce papers sitting on the night stand near my side of the bed, signed Aimé James," she said tapping the paper. "So go 'head and fess up. I know you had a hand in this?"

"I like how you fuck up your marriage for the past twenty plus years and all of a sudden I'm the evil mastermind behind your divorce. Get a grip ma. I didn't encourage him to sign anything," I said standing up.

My mom put her hands on her hips. "Your father must know."

I gave her a blank stare. "You care to elaborate on that?"

"About you. He knows about you and it was too much for him. That's why he signed the papers," she rationalized.

"I just know you not over here getting emotional over a man you don't even want. You cheated on him for pete's sake or do I have to remind you that you're carrying another man's child!"

My mother fixed her eyes on me. "Are you and your father colluding against me?" She held up her hand. "And be honest. I rather know now so that I can prepare myself for what's coming."

"What ma," I said scrunching up my face. "You know what, never mind. It is entirely too early to be dealing with this level of lunacy, okay. I'm going back to bed," I said walking off.

"Admit it. You told him."

I turned back around and faced her. "Told him what ma?"

"About the affair, the baby, everything."

I sighed and threw my hands in the air. "You know what, yes. He asked me and I told him. He had a right to know."

"Damn it Alyssa," she yelled, "I thought we agreed that I should be the one to tell him!"

"We did, but when will you realize that the men in your life don't trust you? Dad, Dominick, and whoever else you fucked and got away with. Your word means nothing to them."

Thwack! I pressed my hand into the side of my face and winced. "Maybe that'll teach you to watch your damn mouth! You don't know everything," she said pointing a finger in my face.

"Don't put your damn hands on me again," I yelled as I pushed her away from me. "What the hell is wrong with you!"

"That smart ass mouth and that damn attitude of yours! I've had about enough of it," she shouted back at me.

"Aye. What the hell is going on in here," Kevin asked as he stepped into view. He looked between me and my mom. "Hey Ms. Carrie. What are you doing here?"

Her chest heaved up and down. She moved her hair our of her face. "I came here to speak with my daughter. Now if you would excuse us we were in the middle of an important conversation."

"No disrespect Ms. Carrie, but I think this conversation is over. You can see yourself out."

She took a step back and looked Kevin up and down. "No disrespect Kevin," she smirked, "but you don't live here. You're just a guess. You can't kick me out of my daughter's apartment."

"Well I think Alyssa would beg to differ."

She looked over at me. "Oooh. So you let him move in?" She looked Kevin up and down. "You really got her pressed over some---"

"Ma," I said cutting her off, "you need to stop worrying about me and what I'm doing and start concerning yourself with how you're going to take care of Ángel."

She turned her head and looked back at me. "So Nicky told you," she said sourly. "I can't say I'm surprised."

"Give him a break ma. He was excited."

"Yeah. Well not for long," she shrugged. "Once my son is born I'm leaving and I'm taking him with me."

"What," I gasped. "You can't do that to Dominick; not a second time. He has rights. He's Ángel's father."

"Well the jury's still out on that, so."

My mouth hung open. I was stumped. "Every time I think you can't do anything else to surprise me you prove me wrong."

She arrogantly shrugged her shoulders and smirked. "What can I say? The element of surprise has always been my specialty."

"Okay. You need to leave," I said grabbing ahold of her arm and shoving her towards the door. "Let me go," she said as she snatched her arm away from me. She looked back at me as she reached for the door knob.

"And I think this goes without saying, but do not discuss the future of my child with Dominick. I'll be the one to handle that." She looked down at my stomach. "You focus on your child and I'll focus on mine. Are we clear?"

"I can't guarantee anything."

"Just like you can't guarantee that you won't miscarry your first child. It seems that we are more alike than you think," she smirked.

"I'm going to carry this baby to term," I said more to myself than her.

She stepped closer to me. "I was right the first time. Wouldn't it be ashame if I was right the second?"

"Hold up! Is that a threat," Kevin said walking up to her.

"I mean, if you have to ask...," She smirked before walking away. "Don't forget what I said," she yelled over her shoulder. I slammed the door shut and walked back into the bedroom. I sat on the edge of the bed. Kevin came in and leaned against the doorway.

I wiped my tears away. "I can't believe her," I sniffed. "She is not the same woman who raised me. I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this, but I'm filing a restraining order on her. I can't take it anymore Kevin."

"I'm behind you one hundred percent," he said as he joined me on the bed. He threw an arm around me and leaned my head into his chest. "We need to schedule that doctor's appointment," Kevin said as he rubbed the side of my arm. I wiped my face. "I already did. We have an appointment next week," I replied.

"Good," Kevin said as he kissed the top of my head. "I think the baby is going to be fine, but it doesn't hurt to be safe."

"I agree," I sniveled.

We were silent for a long time when there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it," Kevin said standing up from the bed.

When I heard Kevin talking I threw on a pair of sweats and went to investigate.

"Oh hey dad," I said cheerfully as I entered into the living room. "What are you doing here? Did Kevin tell you mommy paid me a visit a little while ago," I said as I headed towards the front door where he stood.

"Well I---"

I cut him off. "Dominick," I questioned with a raised brow when he walked through the door. I looked between him and my dad. Kevin now stood awkwardly in the middle. "Okay what is going on?"

The two men looked at each other. "I told Dominick to meet me here. We need to talk," my dad said.

I held my hand up to my face and closed my eyes. I sighed. "Okay," I said looking back up at them, "What is this about?"

"Your mother," they said in unison.

I tossed my head back and groaned. "Of course it is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 57 34
disclaimer: this was my story story i wrote and it's very bad lol. "Please forgive me." "You've had your chance and you blew it."
PASSION By Piyu

Fanfiction

8.1K 734 68
Okay so this story is written two years back , so if it's cliché , understand . And I was really new to writing . If you guys have read it before I u...
166K 1.2K 9
"Brandon..... You're hurting me.", I hissed at him as he tightened his hold around my arm. "I don't give a fuck!", He hissed back digging holes insi...