How It Continued

By OneDLover5

***This is the sequel to "Where it All Began." I would suggest reading that first*** Uma and Harry Hook are i... More

Welcome to Auradon
Day One
Uma's Day Six
Harry's Day Six
Partners in Crime
Differences
Competition
Enemies
A Problem and a Solution
The Label of Friends
How it Starts
Prison
Excerpts
Leadership and Denial
Hers
Feelings or Not
Are You Sure?
How Dare You
Possibilities
Deserves Better
One at a Time
Excerpts Pt. Two
Repairs
Tell Me When
Is it?
What if...
Never Stopped
Overwhelmed
You Would Just Know
Soooo D3
Terrified
Trust Pt. Two
Ready?

Unscathed

1.6K 50 77
By OneDLover5

Thanks to all the people who took the survey!! It means a lot! As promised, here's the chapter!

"My name is Nathan and I'll be your new guard for the time being," he said.

Uma's heart sank, maybe she should have asked Jake what was wrong when she saw that something was. "Where is Jake?" she asked again. He wouldn't just leave her, would he?

"He had a family emergency so he'll be gone for a while," he stated.

"He's going back to Neverland?" She whispered to herself. Before she broke off in a sprint into the school.

"Uma!" She heard behind her followed by face paced steps behind her, but she didn't stop.

She ran all the way to King Ben's office before she stopped and knocked on the door. She may be in a rush, but she still knew that barging in on the King would be a strike against her.

"Come in!" she heard and she opened the door.

"I need to go with him," she said not even waiting for the surprise of seeing her to take in affect.

"I'm sorry?" King Ben asked confused.

"Jake, he went to Neverland correct?" Uma said as she stopped in front of him.

"That is correct," he nodded.

"I would like to go with him," Uma stated.

"You have classes, Uma," Ben said as he rubbed his forehead.

"I only plan to stay one day, one day is all I need," she pleaded.

"I don't know if that's..." he began but Uma interrupted him by saying, "Jake is my friend, Ben, and one thing I will never do is leave a friend in need."

Ben watched her, a smile crept over his face. He knew he assigned her the right guard. Jake managed to get through to her, he couldn't have been anymore proud. "I can only give you two days, then you must comeback."

"That's all I need," Uma smiled as she turned and began to exit his office.

"Uma!" Ben called after her and she turned back, "You have to make sure he wants you to be there."

"He does," Uma said with no hesitation.

"Then you'll be needing this," he handed her a piece of paper with Jake's address on it, "Have Nathan, take you there. Jake should still be at his house for another two hours before he must leave to get to Neverland."

"Thanks!" Uma smiled and rushed to leave the room.

Seeing Nathan right outside the door she said, "Come on Royal Guard Dog, we have places to be." She handed him the piece of paper and quickly turned in the direction of the dorm and started walking.

"Uma! What's going on?" Harry asked when Uma wouldn't stop to acknowledge him.

"What's going on is Jake is going back to Neverland, where he hasn't been since he moved here, alone and I can't let that happen," Uma stated simply as she picked up her pace since she didn't know how far Jake was from the school and she needed to catch him before he left.

"So you're going to Neverland?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Yes," she answered. Reaching her dorm door she opened in and rushed inside.

Hearing the door close behind her she glanced over her shoulder and noticed that it was only her and Harry in the room. Ignoring the quickening of her heart beat she grabbed a backpack and began to pack what she would need for the trip.

"You're not going there to avoid talking are you?" Harry asked as he crept closer to her.

"No," Uma said even though it was partially the reason. Jake had become one of the people she trusts about things like this, without him here she didn't have someone to discuss it with. "I'm always there for my friends when I know they are going to be in a tough situation. This is no different."

Harry sighed. He knew he wouldn't be able to convince her to stay. He knew that he couldn't go with her because he knew Uma wouldn't let him. He also knew that the "feelings" conversation was going to be put on hold again and there was nothing he could do about it. What he did want to know was, "You do know my father was only trying to get to you right?"
Uma stopped packing but didn't turn her around. She set her hands on the bed and closed her eyes as she said, "Harry..."

"No," he said, this time it was his turn to stop her. "My dad would do anything he can to destroy me. Now he knows that you have the possibility to crush me, so he took advantage of it."

"He looked like he was telling the truth," Uma whispered. She knew his father was a twisted man but no one can fake such heartbreak.

"He was," Harry admitted as he stepped closer to her, "But you left before he finished." Uma turned around with a raised eyebrow as if to say go on. "You missed him saying he didn't regret falling in love with her. He said he would do it again no matter the consequence."

Uma scoffed as she turned back to her task, " Who would willingly walk into such terrible pain as he claimed?"

"He would," Harry began and quieter he said, "I would."

Uma froze as she heard what he said. She didn't reply. Harry had made it too her side and was looking at her profile.

"I know you are worth the risk," he whispered, his heart was in his eyes. "And I already took that jump. I took it the day I met you."

Uma inhaled shakily as she turned her head to him. Their faces were only inches apart.
"Harry I," she began again, but Harry cut her off, "You have my heart, Uma. I'm in deep and there's no way I'm getting out unscathed."

Harry pulled her into his arms and kissed the top of her head, "Have a safe trip, Uma Darling." He pulled back and kissed her cheek, "Come back to me, my love," he said while staring deeply into her eyes. Without waiting for her response he let her go tapped her chin and walked out the door.

Uma stated frozen, her heart trying to leave her chest. Her mind was fuzzy and her eyes were blurry. She took in a shaky breath and shook her head. Later, that is a discussion for later, she thought to herself.

She zipped up her backpack and lifted it. Putting it on she walked towards the door, opened it and looked for Nathan.
Spotting him she said, "Let's go."

******************************************************************************************************************

Thirty minutes later, Uma was walking up a drive away to a tiny but cozy looking home. The yard was well kept, with a few bushes here and there.

Uma walked to the door, pressed the doorbell and waited. She heard footsteps and then the door opened.

In jeans and a green shirt, the most casual she's ever seen him, stood a confused looking Jake. "Uma?" He asked, "What are you doing here?"

"You didn't think I'd let you go to Neverland alone now did you?" Uma said as she pushed past him to enter the house. The inside of his house was the definition of a bachelor paid. A large tv on the wall with a large couch and a coffee table in front of it.

"Come in," Jake mumbled as he followed her into the house after closing the door.

"Is that why you were acting weird earlier today?" Uma asked as she sat on his couch and motioned for him to sit next to her. He did.

"I wasn't acting..." he began but Uma held up a hand to stop him, "We haven't lied to each other so far, let's not start now."

Jake sighed as he dropped his head, "Mom called that morning and said it was time to come home."

"To stay?" Uma said, her heart sank. Jake had become a close friend. Her first non-Isle friend, she didn't want to have to make do without him.

Jake shook his head, "No, it's their 50th anniversary and my mom really wants me to be there."

"50th?" Uma asked, "Wow."

"Yeah," Jake said. "It's been eight years since I left."

"Eight?" Uma's jaw dropped.

"Are you going to repeat everything I say?" He asked, the first smile since she saw him appeared on his face.

"Eight years is a really long time, Jake," Uma said.

Jake rubbed his arm, "I know, but I just couldn't face him. That fight I had with him before I left was a really nasty one."

Uma waited silently for Jake to continue but he didn't. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I'm supposed to be the one helping you."

Uma laughed, "I think we moved past that the day we had our first official sword fight."

"Which I would've won by the way," Jake smiled confidently.

"Sure you would have," Uma shook her head, "In your dreams," she smirked. "But seriously," she went back to the topic at hand.

"You had enough on your plate, you didn't need me adding more."

"I'm the captain of an 11 person crew, I will always have a full plate. Multitasking is one of my many great qualities," she blinked innocently at him.

He laughed.

"What I don't get is why you offered to go to The Isle of the Lost with me."

"It would've been a good excuse to get out of going."

Uma gasped, "So you were going to use me?" She looked at him up and down before she smiled and said, "I knew there was a reason I liked you."

Jake shook his head, "VK's sure have an odd sense of friendship."

Uma shrugged, "Can you blame us? We don't really know better." When Jake didn't respond, Uma looked around and so, "So you are packed?"

Jake nodded slowly, he stood up and walked to the luggage just out of eye sight and rolled it to where they were sitting.

"You don't have to come with me," Jake said, giving her an out. Jake knew how loyal Uma was to the people she actually liked. He knew that whether or not she wanted to, she'd be there for him. He didn't want her to feel like she had to go. Even though he really wanted her to. Out of all the people he's met since he came to live in Auradon, she was the only one he trusted not to turn on him. Having a person like that join him on a trip he knows is going to hurt, makes the trip not look so daunting.
It was the real reason he wanted to go to the Isle, it would've meant he had a reason to go to their anniversary later and he would have someone on his side to go with him after they came back from the Isle.

"I know," Uma said, "But I want to. Seems like you could use the muscle," she smirked. "And the support," her smirk fell as she turned serious. "You were there for me when I needed it, so it's my turn to be there for you."

Jake let out a sigh of relief as he nodded, "Okay, but warning in advance, you most likely will learn things about me that you should never have learned."

"I'm from the Isle, what you could have done would be nothing compared to what I've seen be done," Uma scoffed.

"Well...I hope we don't get a chance to test that out," Jake mumbled. He walked back into his room, grabbed his black leather coat and walked back out.

"Come on," he grabbed his luggage and her bag, "we must get going."

Uma stood up but froze when she saw the look in Jake's eyes, "I've made mistakes, Uma, but I'm not the same person I was."

"I know that," Uma replied.

"Well please remember that," With that he turned and walked out the door.

Uma watched him leave and tilted her head. What could he have possibly done that he hasn't forgiven himself for? She thought. Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

******************************************************************************************************************
Harry was walking aimlessly in the hallway when he heard, "Harry!"

Harry turned and saw Gil running towards him. As soon as Gil saw the expression on his face he stopped and asked, "what happened?"

"Nothing. Did you want something?" Harry changed the subject.

"Now I know something is wrong," Gil said. He knew that anytime Harry redirected a question he was angry about something.

"If you didn't come to me with important news, go away, I'm busy," Harry began to walk again.

"I came to tell you that I am staying with Chad again tonight."

Now that grabbed Harry's attention, "Why? Is Jay going to ambush me again?"

"No," Gil answered, completely avoiding the first question and asking, "Now what's wrong?"

Harry sighed, "Uma is heading to Neverland."

"Neverland?" He asked confused, "Why would she go there?"

"To be there for her guard."

"And you are upset about that?" Gil questioned.

"No," he growled.

"Then what is it?"

"Nothing?"

"Harry, it's not nothing when you look like you want to break something or someone."

"Leave it alone," Harry demanded.

"But, Harry," Gil started again but Harry interrupted him by shouting, "My father is terrible, okay? My father is the worst man I have ever met."

"Yeah, we all know that," Gil mentioned.

"No," Harry's eyes narrowed, "I don't think you do."

"I've seen what he's done myself."

"But you missed seeing what would give him the award for the worst father. He ruined my chance with Uma."

"What?" Gil asked surprised. "How?"

"He talked about my mother," now that Harry was thinking about it. Harry's heart sank even further. How could his own mother not want him? How could she leave him with his father? Gil was speaking but Harry had tuned him out.
"How could she?" he whispered. He clenched his Hook. Before this moment, Harry had never thought about his mother. He just assumed that since his father never talked about her that something bad happened to her. He basically put it down to her being dead. Now knowing that she wasn't AND that she left him, he didn't know how much more he could take.

"Harry?" Gil asked when Harry remained silent for too long.

Harry exhaled and then inhaled and exhaled again. "How could Uma leave me when I needed her?"

"I don't think that was her plan. She wouldn't have left if she didn't think you were going to be fine without her," Gil tried to reason but Harry was beyond reasoning.

"I learn that my mother abandoned me, and that my father hates me because of it and she just leaves," Harry fumed. "I'm trying to understand that she needed to be there for Jake, but I need her too. I just," Harry paused when he realized who he was talking to. Gil had seen him at his weakest but this was a whole other level, that he didn't want to expose to just anyone. Shaking his head he said, "You know what? Screw this," and ran.

"Harry!" he heard Manny and Gil call after him but he didn't stop. He shoved people out of his way and never broke pace.

Where he was running he didn't know. His eyes glistened and he felt a tear slip down his face but he didn't stop. He ran all the way to the R.O.A.R building. Since there wasn't practice there was no one in the building, or so he thought.

"Harry!" He heard again. "Stop!" And he did, because he had nowhere else to go. Manny, not thinking that Harry would actually stop ran right into him. Manny being so much bigger than Harry, knocked him over. Harry stuck out his arms to brace for impact with the ground. He narrowly missed landing on his face.
Harry rolled over and sat up. "Are you alright?" Manny asked as he kneeled behind him.

Harry threw his head back and laughed. Tears were streaming down his face, from laughing or from crying, he didn't know.

"Am I alright?" Harry laughed again as he stood up. "Is that even a question?" He roughly swiped at his face, "I can't remember a moment in my life where I was alright." He looked down at his hook. The thing that he kept with him at all times in respect of his father. Even when his father abused him, he kept it with him, for hope that one day his father would love him. Now that he knows that his father would never love him, he couldn't bare the sight of it.

Harry scanned the area around him, making sure that again it was still empty, before he threw it at the wall. He smiled at the sound it made.

"Harry, you need to calm down," Manny demanded.

"I've never been calm," he simply stated as he continued to stare at the wall. He was trying to gain control of himself again, but it wasn't working.

Manny watched him. Manny knew that Uma was usually the one who could back him off the edge. She was the only one he let close to his mind. With her not being here, he was worried that he might actually have to restrain him.
Harry crumpled to the ground and put his head in his hands.

"You know, I always thought my father was the worst person in my life. Turns out it's my mother," Harry whispered defeated.

"Alright, enough," Manny demanded. Harry looked up and him in confusion. "I don't know your family's situation, nor do I want to, but if there's one thing I know is you can't let things get to you like this. Your parents made their decisions and nothing will change them no matter how hard you try. Letting them get the best of you is only going to destroy you. Instead you should think about the good that came out of those decisions. Your mother leaving you, led you to meeting Uma, and everyone knows how you feel about her. If your mother hadn't left you wouldn't have met her.

"You don't know that."

"But I do, she would be stuck on the Isle while you would be free."

"Would that be such a bad thing?" He asked completely and utterly defeated.

"What?" Manny asked confused. Did Harry just say he would rather have Uma be stuck on the Isle? No he must be hearing things.

"I mean, if I never met Uma, I would've never developed feelings and I would have never felt the pain she has caused me."

Manny's jaw dropped, Harry has never been this down. Down to the point the thought of Uma wouldn't cheer him up. "Okay, now I think this has gone too far. Harry there are three completely different things you are dealing with. Your mom, your dad, and your love for Uma. Do not mix them up because you will only hurt yourself. Look at you, you are already hurting yourself."

"But..." Harry began.

"No, pick one situation to focus on and worry about the others later. In other words worry about Uma because your parents made their decisions and you losing your mind about it won't change a thing."

Harry looked at Manny as he processed his words. He was right, Harry was mixing up the situations. It didn't mean that it didn't hurt, but he needed to find a way to make it hurt less. He just wished Uma was around.
Harry sighed as he rubbed his eyes. His heart rate began to slow down, and his panic started to subside.

"You didn't seriously mean that you regret meeting her right?" Manny asked curiously. If he did he would have been completely wrong about him.

"No," Harry looked back at his hook that was now in two pieces, the hook itself and the handle. "I just wish she was here."

Hii everyone!! How are you??? School has been killing me, work has been killing me. So I've been very busy. But I managed to do like I promised so I hope it makes up for it.

P.S. What are your opinions on Jake? Do you like him enough for him to have a chapter in just his POV?

Thanks for reading!!
-TheOnly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 92 12
Auradon had to face Maleficent, but.... will they be able to face Uma and her crew. And not just Uma and her crew but will Liam have a change of hear...
23K 426 17
Love? Do I love her? Of coarse I love her --------------------- "Harry. I'm pregnant." -------------------- Co-Writing with @_Megan_Stroodle_
1.1M 25.2K 17
Mal promised to come back for her. She promised to come back for her best friend, but she abandoned her. People change. She changed. Is it for better...
3.9K 46 7
Mikayla DunBroch lives in Auradon in the Beast's castle ever since her kingdom was burned down by rival clans. Since she was basically family with ki...