You're My Everything

By kirariidol

She was never born to be loved and she herself knew that. As far back as she could remember, there wasn't a s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 16

5.6K 178 76
By kirariidol

The rukh fluttered around in frenzy, surrounding Lucy as she stood there, a grin wiped across her face. She tilted her red paper umbrella back, revealing herself before all of them. She had gotten tired of watching them battle each other out and didn't want to deal with all the bothersome stuff that came after if they destroyed part of Mercurius. Seeing their gaping expressions, she looked to the members of Fairy Tail.

"Hey," she laughed. "Three years and you guys have already forgotten what I looked like?"

"Myuu," Kyubey hopped onto Lucy's shoulder.

Everyone present in the room looked at her in shock as she stood there, tall and proud, her eyes clear and filled with authority. They felt their knees buckle just by looking at those brown orbs of hers. Her magic presence was overwhelming that for once, they could see the true essence and form of magic: rukh. She stood there with a grin and spoke up, her voice clear like a bell ringing through the spring wind.

"Sabertooth will be the one to spin next."

Despite her statement, they all remained dumb-founded and just stood there in complete shock. Sabertooth was at a loss for words at her sudden appearance, Toma and Hisui just stood there, not knowing how to process the fact that Lucy actually stood there before them, and Fairy Tail stood there, pale, unable to comprehend what just happened. The room was filled with a deafening silence until a tiny whimpering voice cried out.

"L-Lucy~!" Frosch flew to her, tears in its eyes. "Where were you~?"

"Frosch," Lucy held it as Kyubey reached out a paw to pet its head. "Sorry for worrying you."

"We're just glad you're back," Lector exclaimed.

Lucy smiled and bent down, petting him. "Thank you for worrying, Lector."

Lector grinned, a blush on his cheek for he was happy that he was being petted by Lucy. Her hand was soft and smooth and most of all, she smelled nice. She had a way with pets and Lector enjoyed being touched by her the most. Lucy continued petting them affectionately but soon glanced up as she saw Minerva standing over her, her expression blank.

"You..." she said.

"Minerva?" she tilted her head to the side.

"Where the fuck were you?!" Minerva shook her. "How can you just suddenly disappear like that right after we entered the castle? Do you have any idea how much we panicked? At least say something before you disappear every time! You got it?!"

Minerva continued shaking her vigorously, much to the latter's displeasure. Lucy soon grew nauseous and being shaken so hard, her face pale and her eyes blank.

"M-M-Minerva...stop shaking me," she held out a hand.

"Next time, I'm going to handcuff you if you keep on leaving like that!" Minerva continued shaking her with no sign of stopping.

"M-Minerva...really...stop," Lucy said, really looking like she was about to throw up.

"Myuu, myuu!" Kyubey hissed.

"Minerva, I think you should really stop," Rufus said, a sweat-drop rolling down his face.

"Lucy's complexion doesn't look quite well," Orga agreed.

Minerva seemed to have heard what they said and as she saw Lucy's expression, she immediately stopped, a worrisome expression washing over her face.

"Oh my gosh, Lucy!" she exclaimed. "Whoever did this to you?"

Who else could it be beside you? the members from Sabertooth all thought.

"Ughhh..." Lucy shook her head, regaining her composure again.

She didn't mind being shaken and it never really caused her much harm besides causing her head to spin but with Minerva, it was a completely different story. Maybe it was because she was half-demon that whenever she shook her, she felt the world spinning around her and her blood gushing around in her head. It was a similar feeling to being hung upside down for at least an hour. Lucy seemed to stabilize herself and seeing so, Rogue breathed a sigh of relief.

"It's good to see you unharmed," he gazed at her with a soft expression.

Lucy looked his way and chuckled. "Did you think I was going to get harmed? There's no way that would happen, Rogue. You're worrying too much."

"But it's normal to worry like that," he objected. "After all, we're friends, aren't we?"

Lucy stared at him in surprise before laughing. "Yeah, we are."

Rogue smiled softly as he went over to take back Frosch from Lucy, who was snuggling itself into her chest. Sting stared at her, displeasure and annoyance were written on his face.

"So, where were you?" Sting walked up to her.

"Hm? Where was I?" Lucy repeated his question. "I was right beside you guys the whole time."

"Stop lying!" he yelled, clearly not believing her words. "If you were, we would know. We're not blind, you know? So, spit it out. Where were you?"

Lucy sighed and harrumphed. "I'm not lying."

Sting furrowed his eyebrows and pulled at her cheeks. "Come on, Lucy. Stop kidding around now. We're not going to get angry."

"Hi'm fuelly hat hrying," Lucy complained.

"Myuu!" Kyubey swatted at Sting's hands. Why was it that everyone today wanted to bully its master?

Sting let go of her cheeks and sighed in frustration. "Can't you tell us already, Lucy?" he looked at her with pleading eyes.

Lucy looked him straight in the eye. "I was with you guys the whole time."

"Huh?" Sting looked at her, realizing that she was serious.

She closed her eyes and turned around, her umbrella facing them. "I merely faded out my presence so that no one would be able to sense me. It wouldn't be a surprise if you guys didn't know since our magic ability is on an entirely different level from one another."

"So you really were there?"

"That's right," she turned around to face him. "Though, I just watched for the most part from that balcony over there," she pointed to the place where she had previously been sitting on. "It was fun watching you guys."

Sting heaved a sigh. "And you didn't bother to step in."

"There was simply no need to," she hummed.

Lucy walked around and flitted to one side of the room, her eyes coming into contact with Jura's. She smiled, acknowledging his presence. Jura, likewise, nodded his head in respect towards her. Of the few people that knew about Lucy's identity as a wizard saint, Jura was one of them. In fact, they had known each other for quite a long time; way before even Fairy Tail had come to know her.

"You've gotten better," she remarked.

Jura laughed. "I wouldn't really say that."

"Even the other wizard saints hardly recognize my presence," Lucy glanced over at Makarov before looking back at Jura, her eyes soft. "But you did."

"Only because I've gotten used to your antics," he grinned. "Besides, we aren't people who've been friends for ten years just for nothing. There's no way I would ever forget your presence even if you did hide it."

Lucy chuckled. "It seems that way."

The others continued to gape in shock. Now they were trying to process how in the world Jura and Lucy were on such good terms even though they hardly came across and interacted with each other. Jiemma, who understood all that was going on, smiled.

"But I should really thank you, Lucy," Jiemma came up to her. "You saved us a lot of trouble."

Lucy chuckled. "No one would really want to deal with the aftermath of Mercurius being blown to pieces, now would they?"

Jiemma gave a helpless smile. "You got that right."

"Now then, let's get back to the topic," Lucy made her way over to the lottery wheel and locked eyes with Hisui. "May I?"

"O-Of course," Hisui stammered. She was flustered at hearing Lucy address her again and hearing her nostalgic voice, she flashed her a bright smile, tears streaming down her face. "Lucy-sama."

As Lucy reached out to touch the handle of the wheel, an ice-formed arrow came hurdling at her hand. Kyubey immediately jumped off her shoulder and opened its mouth, changing the arrow back to its original ice form and consumed it.

"Myuu," it growled.

"Lucy-sama!" Hisui yelled.

Lucy stared at where the arrow had come from and gave a mocking scoff. She turned to face them, her eyes bright with delight at being challenged by her previous comrades. She set her eyes upon Gray, those warm orbs now holding ridicule and resentment.

"Is there something wrong?" she questioned.

"Fairy Tail is the one that will spin next. Get your hands off of it,"

"Who was the one that decided that?"

"Us," Laxus glared at her.

Lucy's smile dropped as her lips pulled into a scowl, her eyes narrowing into that of a glare. "And you think you have the authority to do that?"

"Then shall we see who has the right to?" lightning started crackling and splintering around him. Resounding through the air, the roar of thunder, plunge from the heavens and reap destruction!

The rukh gathered around Lucy as she chanted the words, Originator of life, renewer of the past, come hither and surround thy palace!

"What?!"

Water appeared before Lucy and circled her, obeying her command. The rukh fluttered here and there, following the water that she had conjured up out of thin air. It took on the shape of a water serpent, its form bouncing every now and then as the water escaped and condensed. It had blocked Laxus's lightning magic with ease and waited at Lucy's side, moving around for her to signal another command.

"Didn't you know?" she said, the serpent motioning forward. "One of lightning's weakness is water."

"Why are you doing this, Lucy-san?" Wendy asked.

"Why are you taking Sabertooth's side in this?" Erza flared.

"Why, you say?"

Lucy stared at them as if they were the stupidest people in the world. Even after everything, they still hadn't figured it out. She didn't think they were blind to this extent and seeing just how hopeless they were, she couldn't help but pity them. She looked down and held a hand to her face, her bangs covering her expression.

"What's wrong now, Lucy?" Mirajane asked.

Laxus scoffed. "If you understand your standing, then move aside. This is between Fairy Tail and Sabertooth. It doesn't concern an outsider like you."

"You-!" Sting gritted his teeth, ready to punch him in the face.

"Lucy's not an outsider," Minerva glared.

"If she's not an outsider, then what is she?" Gray laughed. "Look, her silence only proves that we're right."

Fairy Tail and Sabertooth glared daggers at one another and it wasn't only Sabertooth that had been angered but the other guilds as well. They knew of the incident regarding Fairy Tail three years ago and were notorious because of it. However, they didn't expect them to be obnoxious to this degree. Lucy's keys by her side glowed and shook violently, ready to appear out of their gates if one more vile comment about Lucy came out of their mouths.

"This is stupid," Lucy murmured.

"What do you mean?" Erza stared at her.

"This is utterly and preposterously stupid," Lucy threw her head back, her hand still on her face before bringing her face to meet theirs. She opened the eye that had not been covered by her right hand and grinned with malice. "Have you guys still not figured it out yet?"

That was when they saw the insignia that she bore on her right hand, the very place where her Fairy Tail insignia had been stamped. In place of it was none other than Sabertooth's insignia, in the same color same place. Natsu stood there in disbelief, his eyes wide and his hands trembling as Lucy stared at their expressions with glee. Sabertooth stood behind her, their eyes glinting with murderous intent, confirming the fact that Lucy was indeed part of their guild. Everything clicked in their minds as they pieced together all the hints that had been given previously. The reason why Sabertooth defended her, the reason why she was so intent on letting Sabertooth spin first...it was because she was part of Sabertooth. Furthermore, it wasn't that simple. Lucy was the highest ranking member in their guild.

"If anyone one of you would still like to spin, then please, by all means, come up," her eyes cruel and at the same time, sadistic. "In the end, the one who's going to spin it will be Sabertooth."

Fairy Tail clenched their teeth and looked at her with loathing and wanted to prove her wrong. They wanted to stand up to her and say that Fairy Tail would be the one to spin it but they found their feet chained to the ground, unable to move. Even Makarov stood there, knowing that he was no match against Lucy. She stood way above them all in terms of magic and going up against her would only mean defeat...even worse, death. They stared at the ground, unable to do anything, and Lucy dropped her grin, looking at them in despise. Just a few minutes ago they were saying that Fairy Tail would be the one but now, they couldn't even defend their statement. During the three years, they hadn't changed. They were still the same childish guild.

"Useless," she said.

She looked towards her water serpent and it nodded its head, disappearing back into the air. The rukh around her dispersed, leaving a few fluttering around as they made their way back to the others. Lucy turned to the lottery and smiled at Hisui.

"Please," Hisui smiled softly.

"Mn," Lucy nodded her head.

She took the handle and spun the wheel of the lottery, the remaining three balls inside the lottery spinning around until one of them found the whole to the outside. It rolled out onto the silver platter and Lucy turned around, not even bothering to look at it. She already knew what day they had gotten and returned back to her guildmates, a grin on her face. Hisui took the ball and smiled.

"Sabertooth will be performing on the sixth and final day," she beamed. "We wish you the best of luck!"

"Yes!" Minerva hugged Lucy in utter joy. "We got the sixth day!"

"With that, it's finally settled," Rufus smiled.

"Ah. Our victory is ensured now," Orga nodded his head in satisfaction.

"Now we can carry on our plan!" Lector jumped up.

"Sabertooth will definitely win this year," Rogue remarked.

"Fro think so, too~!" Frosch agreed happily.

"It will be a success," Minerva jumped up in joy and Jiemma, seeing his daughter so happy, smiled softly to himself.

Sting walked up to Lucy and she smiled at him. "How was that?"

"Thank you, Lucy," he took her hand. "For coming to help us."

"What're you talking about?" she gave him a quizzical look. "We're friends, aren't we? As a guild, it's the most obvious thing to do."

He stared at her and laughed. "Yeah!"

"In exchange for making me work so much," Lucy closed her face in on his. "Show me the best Fall Festival ever with Sabertooth shining the brightest amongst all the guilds!"

"You got it," he smirked. "I'll definitely show that scene to you."

The two laughed, Sting's two hands on her cheeks as Lucy laughed in a way that Fairy Tail knew very well...no, a way that Natsu knew very well. That was how she laughed when she had been with him and during the times they went on adventures together. They all hadn't seen that laugh for three years and now that they looked at it, they remembered the times where she sat in the corner of the guild, drinking her strawberry vanilla milkshake with a downcast expression. Thinking back, they wondered why they had left her alone.

"Now then, let's conclude this event," Toma cleared his throat.

"Lamia Scale's fine with whatever day," Jura said, giving in. "Whatever day we get, we're sure to make it work."

Sherria and Lyon looked at one another and grinned.

"Jura's right! Lamia Scale is fine with whatever day," Sherria exclaimed.

"We don't really care much about the competition," Lyon added.

"Then Fairy Tail will be the final spinner," Toma looked towards the said guild, who was still standing there in silence. "Excuse me...?"

They snapped out of their thoughts and Makarov walked forward. "I understand."

Lucy paid no heed to them, already knowing what the outcome would be. If it was fate that wanted Sabertooth to claim the last day, then it would only mean that Fairy Tail would have the first day. After all, wouldn't it be more fun if the two guilds formally battled each other out in this competition?

"Very well," Hisui picked up the ball. "Fairy Tail will be performing on the first day while Lamia Scale will be performing on the fifth day. We wish both guilds the best of luck."

"With the decision-making over, it's time for the preparations for the Fall Festival to commence! But, I'd expect that many of you guilds have already started," Toma laughed heartedly. "Feel free to use anything and do anything - as long as it doesn't cause destruction - to lead your respective guild to victory!"

The guilds laughed in response, glad that Toma seemed to know they were all hyped up for this year's party. However, there also seemed to be a snide remark regarding Fairy Tail in his words for everyone in the room were fully-aware that Fairy Tail was a guild notorious for its destruction and havoc.

"As always, though the reward might be tempting, the whole goal is to celebrate this year's harvest and bring about joy to the people of Fiore," Toma regained their attention. "This year, I'm looking forward to seeing the performances of each guild again."

The members of Sabertooth looked at one another and held up a thumbs-up sign. With their placing confirmed, they got the cat in the bag. Although the competition was high, especially with Fairy Tail performing first, they were positive that they would be able to conclude the festival with a large bang. Their parade would be the most eye-catching and would end the Fall Festival with choruses of laughter and joy among the people of Fiore. Lucy watched them, a soft smile planted on her face as she mused herself. She believed in them; she believed in their ability to pull it off. Sting promised her so, after all. He promised to show her the best Fall Festival and she looked forward to it with anticipation.She looked forward to seeing it with him, with everyone.

"Shall we go home?" Jiemma voiced.

"Ah," Minerva grinned. "It's time we start building."

As they all followed Jiemma out the door, Sting turned around and grinned, holding out a hand towards Lucy. "Let's go, Lucy! Back to Sabertooth!"

Lucy stared at his hand and took it, her cheeks a rosy red as her eyes shone with happiness. "Mn! Let's go back!" she nodded.

Sting pulled her hand along and the two walked side by side, Rogue and the others looking back at the two with contentment. With Lucy around, they had a feeling that this year's festival would be a huge success. To Lucy, the guild wasn't someplace where she felt like she belonged to but it became a place where she could return to; it was her home with everyone else and just by knowing that, she was beyond grateful. She felt Sting clasp onto her hand, his face lighting up as he looked back at her, and she smiled.

She really loved them.

From the sidelines, Natsu watched as Lucy and Sting exited hand in hand. Though Minerva, Rogue, Lector, and Frosch seemed to intervene upon the two of them, Natsu didn't notice it. All he knew was that the smile that had been directed at him was now directed towards Sabertooth, specifically Sting. His heart tightened up and he clutched at his chest, wondering what was wrong with him.

"Natsu, what're you doing?" Gray looked at him.

"Are you okay?" Mirajane asked.

"I'm fine," he muttered a quick reply.

"Then come on," Erza said with a smile on her face. "We have to start preparing for the Fall Festival and beat those Sabers once and for all."

"Ah. It's time to show them their standing," Laxus agreed.

"Let's go back, kids," Makarov motioned for them to follow. "Back to Fairy Tail."

"Stop with that gloomy look," Gray remarked.

"Yeah," agreed Erza. "Come on, Lisanna's waiting back at the guild, isn't she?"

Natsu seemed to widen his eyes a little at that statement and murmured a quick affirmative reply. That's right, he had Lisanna waiting back at the guild for them. But, even so, his mind was glued to Lucy as he replayed her smile, the smile that she always used to have on her face three years ago. His heart pounded and he gritted his teeth. He had Lisanna, there was no need for him to be like this. He had Lisanna.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 7.1K 57
Highest Ranking(s): #12 in anime, #1 in lucy, #1 in lucyheartfilia "Weak" "Useless" "Trash" Those words were from the ones she had loved for a long t...
35.8K 1K 30
[COMPLETED] Word count: About 28,000 After the War with the Alvarez Empire, all of the guilds in Fiore have started their gradual recovery. Sting has...
370K 8.9K 37
While they were on a mission, an unexpected turn of events happened. Lisanna returned from Edolas. Everyone started focusing their attention on thei...
226K 5.9K 26
* This book was originally created in 2014 & is being rewritten. When Fairy Tail's star, Lucy Heartfilia, Gets kicked out of Natsu Dragneels team, am...