Golden Child Imagines

By hoejoochan

A bunch of drabbles for my Golden Child ♥ STAN GOLDEN CHILD EVERYONE 05.17.18: 5K reads 07.12.18: 7K reads 10... More

•| R E Q U E S T S |•
55 • Bestfriends
98 • Truth Or Dare
20 • Suicide
82 • Flights
33 • Braids
55 • Music Classes
3 • Walking
7 • Gift Giving
89 & 19 • Umbrellas (Pt. 1)
20 • Cupid Ball
80 • Ko Ko Bop
11 & 20 • Sick
55 • Letters (Pt. 1)
55 & 33 • Lie
33 • Serendipities
89 • Minnie
55 & 98 • First & Second
82 • Will You Be Mine
89 • Actions & Words
89 & 19 • Strings of Fate (Umbrellas Pt. 2)
19 • Promise
11 • Boyfriend
7 • Eye Contact
3 • Caps (Pt. 1)
3 • How Can I Say (10k 🎉)

55 • The Moon (Letters Pt. 2)

1.4K 48 128
By hoejoochan

•| requested |•

2.5K READS ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?!

and yeah I'm sorry i havent updated in a while bc of reqs in school ㅠㅠ

Oh and I changed it up a bit. Instead of a backstage pass, imma change it to a hi-touch, which actually happens. And also, the concert is like a big big fanmeeting, sort of like BTS' Muster or something. im sorry you guys im just a noob in concerts ㅠㅠ

This is a long drabble to make up for the inactiveness here's part 2 of the request!

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

The ends of my dress flow up and I try my best to hold it down. Another gust of wind and it almost showed my underwear. I curse out loud as I still hold the skirt down.

"What the ef, Picasso. How unpractical can you be?" I whisper to no one in particular, frustrated at Picasso's unpractical choice of clothing. Don't get me wrong, I really love the dress but it's not...appropriate for attending a concert. But I couldn't change; Picasso wouldn't be able to recognize me if I do, so I'm stuck feeling the discomforts of my outfit as I wait in line.

Out of all the clothes Picasso could buy for me, he bought a dress for me to wear to Golden Child's concert.

It is beautiful though.

I stood out from all the fans who are waiting for their turn to get admissioned. I search for someone who is also wearing a fancy dress just like mine, well there are others who are wearing a dress but not as formal as mine. I sigh. Later, when I meet him, I'm going to scold him for his inappropriateness.

Maybe this is what he meant by easily recognizing me.

As I get nearer and nearer the end of the line, my heart beats faster and faster. Because of this whole thing with meeting Picasso, I completely forgot that I am going to meet one of my most favorite kpop groups.

Golden Child.

I smile at that, thinking of the members just made me grin that easily.

All of them are all dreamy and boyfriend material, and out of all the members, I like Sungyoon the most, although sometimes, Joochan wrecks me.

Sungyoon looks so manly, and you know the athletic type of guy who would be protective over you and be sweet to you everyday. On the other hand, Joochan is that cute and silly guy who never fails to make you laugh even if you're feeling down. I swear he has some issues with his brain but let's just nevermind that.

"Golden Child..." I whisper in awe as I finally got admissioned and enter the arena.

The arena is huge, and slowly, people flock inside and crowd, making it look smaller and cramped than usual. The stage is decorated with yellow and white balloons on the edges and ribbons of gold and silver lines the whole stage. On the backdrop, they project the words "Golden Child: 1st Golden World Tour" and a small mesaage below saying hello to the Philippines.

I chuckle as I see an animation being projected on the backdrop. The members became chibi-like, with their heads two times larger than their whole body as they ride in a huge car that went around the world.

I shake my head. Now is not the time to be distracted. I need to go find my seat.

Hurriedly, I try to find my seat, and it is really near the stage. I would be able to see the members clearly in this view.

I wait as more people come inside the arena. I become curious and look at everyone who might be Picasso, but nobody was looking my way except when they're finding their seat.

Sighing, I sit back, and wait for the concert to finally start.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

I'm going to meet Haemin tonight!

Joochan lets out a smile. His heart seems to beat faster than normal at the thought. He thinks of what he could say as the stylist fixes his hair and makeup.

How does she look like?

Does the dress even fit her?

I bet she looks breathtaking in it.

"Why do I feel so nervous..." He mutters as questions still wander in his mind.

Donghyun, seeing Joochan's state from the reflection in the mirror, looks up from his phone. "It's our first concert outside Korea, maybe that's why."

He shakes his head slightly as he weakly smiles. It was a different reason, of course. It's because of a certain girl...

"Maybe, but not exactly..."

"Are you excited to meet our fans?" Donghyun's eyes light up when he mentions about Golden Child's fans.

"Of course I am," The blonde guy chuckles. Especially because of a certain someone. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Have you practised your English? Oh, and a little bit of Filipino?"

"I did, of course I won't forget about it..." He drones out. Joochan thinks about those times when the project was still ongoing. Haemin taught him basic Filipino words and phrases that he couldn't possibly forget.

Honestly, Joochan stored all of her letters inside a box. All of the letters, starting from her first failed Korean letter, down to the last before he sent her that last one, were all kept securely inside a container. Nobody in Golcha knew about this, well maybe except Sungyoon who sneaked into the member's cabinet and found and read all those letters.

Speaking of Sungyoon, he enters the room with an air of confidence. "You ready?"

Assuming that it was directed at Joochan, he nods slightly. "Yeah, sort of."

Sungyoon turns to him with a smirk on his face. "Joochan! You're excited to see the fans, am I right?"

Joochan nods profusely, but his eyes are glaring at him. "And the fans will also be excited to come and see you."

Even Haemin would be ecstatic to meet you.

Joochan smiles bitterly. He's supposed to be happy that she's finally getting to meet one of her bias (and it isn't even him) but there is this feeling inside him that's telling him otherwise.

"Oh, they sure will," Sungyoon chuckles. "Anyways, I'll have to go now. See ya."

Sungyoon exits the room, and the stylist leaves to go to another member when he was already done fixing his makeup and hair.

That reminds me, I'd have to introduce Sungyoon to her. Even though there is a voice inside him that's telling him not to so he won't hurt hisself, Joochan shakes those thoughts out and thinks of what will make her happy when he sees her later.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

"Make some noise!" Jangjun drags out as he shouts through the mic, encouraging the crowd to be hyped with him, and of course, the fans respond delightly.

I shout as loud as I could, thinking that if I yell as loud as possible they would be able to notice me. I wave the lightstick high up in the air as I scream, the others following my lead.

"Yah, it has been tiring, eh?" Daeyeol starts as he grabs the water bottle from the edge of the stage, thirsty from their last performances.

"Mhmm," Sungyoon murmurs after he drank. "But, sadly, the concert is nearing it's end."

"It was surely nice to meet all of you guys," Seungmin grins and the fans yell.

"Scream your hearts out and enjoy as we perform our last song with you guys!" Bomin winks and gives a finger heart to engage the crowd as they step into their positions.

The lights go dim for a second and light up in the middle where Golden Child is located and the music starts.

"네 눈빛이 딴 데 있어, 턱까지 차오른 마를 또 삼켜," Joochan starts, reaching out his hand into the audience, his eyes full of emotions as he sings the first lines of the song.

My heart beats abnormally at the sight. It looked like Joochan was gazing at me, reaching out for me, and I grin unconciously as I fangirl in my mind.

The fans start to sing along with Golden Child as they sway to the music, enjoying the feeling of unity and oneness inside the arena. I look around and gawk at the lightsticks swaying slowly in unison and in sync with the song.

It feels so happy to be a fan of Golden Child.

I think as I sing along with the music.

It was almost the end of the song, and the members decided to roam around the stage and interact with a few Golcha stans, still while singing Lady.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

Joochan immediately goes to the front of the stage where he bought the ticket for her in hopes of finding the one he's fallen in love with even without meeting each other.

Joochan is still singing while still searching, until his eyes lay upon two chocolate orbs that gaze back at him with adoration. He immediately recognizes the dress he bought and almost shouts into the mic in pleasure and delight when he finally saw her.

"...Haemin..." Joochan mutters, and the other members heard the name as it slips through his mouth, audible because of the mic Joochan is holding.

Sungyoon's ears perk up and instantly goes to the part of the stage where Joochan is situated. Of course he's also curious of the looks of the girl Joochan has his eyes on, especially because after his snooping incident, Joochan started to open up to him and tell him feelings he couldn't explain as he read her letters and as he wrote back a heartfelt one. Sungyoon was the one who made him realize Joochan was slowly falling for the girl, and Joochan didn't even dare talk to him for a few days after that. Joochan thought about what Sungyoon said greatly and thought that he was right.

Indeed, Joochan is in love. With Haemin.

Sungyoon, while chuckling, slings his arm around Joochan's shoulder to take him back to his senses.

"It's best not to murmur some girl's name now," Sungyoon whispers into Joochan's ears. "It might confuse the crowd."

Sungyoon, like a hawk, searches for the girl, though impossible to find. But then he spots a girl wearing an expensive dress he saw Joochan holding it some time before and that's when he knew that was the one. Her mouth is a little parted and her head is tilted in a confused motion, probably wondering how in the world an idol got to know her name and mumble it for everyone to hear inside the arena.

"사랑해요 Philippines!" Sungyoon screams and creates a big heart with his arms as the others still continued to sing.

"Mahal ko kayo! (I love you!)" Joochan then shouts back in Filipino and the fans respond back with much more screaming.

Sungyoon makes his way back to the center for the encore but Joochan is still rooted to his place, not wanting to move. He doesn't want to lose Haemin in the crowd, but then he realized the song is almost done. He blows a quick kiss to the fans before running to the center for their encore.

"We'll miss you, Philippines!" Joochan says and then the music starts.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

I don't know what to think. My mind is everywhere. My thoughts are scattered.

How did Joochan know my name?

Why was he staring at me like that?

Is he...Picasso?

I shake those thoughts out. That's absurd, Haemin! My mind replies. Of course it isn't him.

I can't deny it, though. My heart actually fluttered when Joochan whispered my name. It just...felt so right. I might be going crazy, but it did actually feel like it. I swear this was just the first time I met and saw him, but why do I think that I've been with him for quite a long time now? Sungyoon saw me, and I think he also gave me a small grin, but it just couldn't compare to the gaze Joochan was giving me. It gave me goosebumps, I felt weird, but what was more absurd is that I somehow enjoyed it.

The concert finally ended and now I'm taking a break before the hi-touch commences.

I'm seriously doomed if I still think about what happened, my mind ponders. Especially because Joochan will of course be there in the event.

The speakers goes on and announces that the hi-touch will start after 10 minutes so I hurry up drinking the milkshake and head to where it will be held.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

The place is loaded with people.

I mentally facepalm myself. Well of course, Haemin, Golden Child is a famous personality here. Of course there will be many people coming.

Fansite masters scatter around the place, in their hands an expensive camera of their own, taking pictures of their bias or the member of their fansite.

The fans then start to line up, ready to touch and give a high five to each of the members. Golden Child position themselves from oldest to youngest.

My eyes, unexpectedly, glances at Joochan's place. There I see him on his toes, as if looking for something or someone in the crowd.

The line gets shorter and shorter by the second. Of course it would be quick since it was only just a hi-touch, nothing less, nothing more. Nobody could converse with them for a minute (except for Jaehyun because he's fluent in English, but that's unfair to the other members) , unless you can speak straight Korean. If we are actually given 1 minute, other fans can only say '사랑해요', '고마워요/감사합니다', '안녕', '괴여워/잘생겼어', and '오빠'.

I'm already the next one, and then I high-five Daeyeol. I blush a little when Sungyoon and I high-five each other. He even said something: "네 이름은 해민아, 맞아요? (You're name is Haemin, right?) " and I mumble a simple "맞아요... (Yes...) " in response.

And then I ponder again. How did my bias know my name? Why do idols know my name? And why did he talk to me when this event is solely for touching? He even knew I could speak a little Korean that's why he talked to me!

I start to question my own existence as I advance the line.

My mind goes blank as I walk and touch the members' hands until I am brought back to reality when a member intertwined his fingers with mine as I high-five him.

The hand belongs to Hong Joochan himself.

Again, the pounding in my chest gets faster, I feel a tingling sensation in between our intertwined hands, and I feel his strong gaze on me.

I look up at him slowly, not knowing how to react and what to say.

What the hell is he doing to me?

"Haemin..." Joochan whispers, his soft voice sweet music to my ears.

"Ummm, yes?" I reply back hesitantly, still questioning how the fuck these people know my name. I try to let my hand go from his grasp but he wouldn't let me.

He gives me a hopeful grin. "제발 날 기다려줘요... (Please wait for me...) " He suddenly switches to Korean. Probably so that the other people wouldn't understand? I don't even know how and why these idols talk to me.

I must've saved a lot of countries in my past life for me to be this lucky.

"근데 왜요? (But why?) " I mutter back, not actually knowing why he wants me to wait for him.

"너에게... 말할 게 있어요. (I have something to tell you.) "

He still isn't letting go of my hand and the fans next to me are getting angry, telling me to move to the next one. Even the managers are telling me to move, but Joochan is insistent.

I nod with a bit of hesitation, smiling nervously. "Okay...?"

"Would you hurry up?" The girl beside me rolls her eyes at me in annoyance. "Don't hold the line."

Finally, Joochan lets go of my hand and then I high-five Bomin and go to the back. My cheeks are burning hot and my hands are still warm from Joochan's hold. But as I looked through my shoulder, I couldn't miss out Joochan still gazing at my back, ignoring those who were high-fiving him.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

People finally say their last words to the members, and Bomin takes out his phone to take a selfie with the members and the fans.

Haemin is nowhere to be seen. Joochan searches from side to side in the small hall, but there's still no sign of her. He wanted to take a picture of everyone with her in the very front, but Haemin isn't present so he couldn't do it.

"Yah, Joochan, cheer up, you're ruining the picture! You look like your dog just died," Donghyun snickers.

"I would be much more gloomy than this if my dog really dies," He replies back, forcing in a laugh but he isn't able to.

After that picture Joochan decides to leave the room and search for Haemin. Just a glance at least, and that would suffice, Joochan thinks.

He just really wants to see her again. He thought she looks breathtaking, especially when she was wearing that dress he bought for her as a present.

Joochan is about to run to god-knows-where after he opened the door but there, leaning on the wall beside the door is Haemin herself, her arms crossed, biting her lips.

Haemin looks up and her eyes widen at the sight if Joochan this close.

"J-joochan..." She stutters and stands upright. Joochan finds it amusing and stifles a cute chuckle. He decides to lean on the wall beside her.

"So... You know who I am now?" He starts the conversation, as there is this awkward silence already forming in between the two.

"You're Hong Joochan, from Golden Child an---"

"Not that," he interjects. Joochan grabs something from his pocket and gives it to her. "That... Is your first letter that you sent to me."

Haemin holds the white envelope and gets the paper inside. Indeed, it was the first letter, the one wherein she failed writing in Korean. It was still readable and the paper didn't have any crumples or dirt anywhere. Haemin didn't know why he would keep it, but she feels flattered that he did.

Haemin is shocked to say the least. She did somehow suspect Joochan being Picasso, but she was doubting herself. That was absurd right? Out of all the people who could have conversed within Korea, it has to be an idol well-known.

It sounds too good to be true.

And to think that she's starting to fall for Picasso... and then Joochan was Picasso all along.

"No way..." Haemin whispers. "Are you...really..."

Joochan scratches the back of his head. "Picasso? Yeah. Can't believe it?"

Haemin blinks rapidly, still trying to discern what is happening. She opens her mouth and then closes it. She repeats it again for a number of seconds, clearly speechless.

"I told you to not be so shocked in the letter, didn't I?"

"Well I wouldn't expect for you to become an idol, much less from Golden Child..."

They just stare for a moment in silence when Joochan breaks the gaze. He looks at the ground, and glances at the dress.

"You look pretty, by the way." Joochan refuses to make eye contact as a blush crept onto his cheeks.

Haemin looks stunned and looks to his direction. "T-thanks. The dress... It's beautiful. It looks expensive though, let me give it back t---"

Joochan genuinely smiles, the moon already up in the nightsky, illuminating the once dark and gloomy sky.

Haemin was like the moon to Joochan's life: she brought light and hope in his time of darkness. Whenever he received her letters Joochan would also light up like there was no tomorrow. He always enjoyed reading her messages for him, likewise writing to her. He was forever grateful to the girl who brought him happiness.

"You deserve that dress, keep it. After all that's my present," Joochan interjects. Haemin only slowly nods.

Silence.

Haemin starts to play with her fingers as silence envelops the two. It didn't feel the least uncomfortable though, Haemin actually likes the silence. She's already contented with having Joochan beside him, even though they've only met today. Haemin let out a small grin break through her lips. She couldn't control her heart which is beating faster than ever.

"You know, this...this feels awkward," Haemin pauses. Joochan looks to the side to glance at the girl and his eyebrows cross at what she had just said. "But oddly...satisfying...? Wonderful? But oddly natural? I'm sorry I-I can't find the right words."

Joochan becomes silent so Haemin just stares at the horizon again.

Then she hears Joochan sniffling so she faces him again, only to see Joochan on the verge of tears.

"W-why are you crying?"

Joochan didn't speak and instead grabs her arm and engulfs her in a tight hug as if his life depended on the girl he is currently holding. His tears finally fall and he tries his best not to make any sound as he cries. Haemin is surprised, but hugs him back.

"I wanted to see you for the longest time," he says in between tears. "I want to thank you everyday. You were the reason why I'm still here, why I'm happy today. You were the reason why I pursued being an idol. Because of your letters, because of you, I had a reason to wake up to everyday. You lightened my once crumbling self..."

Haemin didn't reply. She simply pats his back, trying to comfort him as he lets out his emotions.

"I waited for so long for this day to come...the day wherein I will meet the girl who made my life less miserable..." He lets go and wipes his tears. "Haemin...thank you, so so much."

Haemin now hugs him. "I might not know what you've been through, but I'm glad that I somehow helped."

They stay in that position for a moment. Haemin comforting a sulking Joochan and Joochan hugging Haemin, relaxing in Haemin's touch.

"야, 주찬아, 어디--- (Hey, Joochan where are---) " Seungmin starts as he exits the door, but he sees the two hugging and stops. "어... (Uh...) "

Joochan breaks free from the hug as soon as he hears the voices of his hyungs and quickly wipes the tears still on his cheeks. "승민형... (Seungmin hyung...) "

"여자 누구니까? (Who is this girl?) " Daeyeol asks.

"해민 (Haemin) ," Sungyoon answers for her.

"난 나중에 이야기 할 것이다 (I'll tell you later) ," Joochan says.

"Hello, Haemin. Nice to meet you," Jaehyun holds out his hand and Haemin gladly takes it. "You're the one Sungyoon hyung and Joochan talked to a while ago right?"

"Yeah, I am..."

"You can talk in Korean?" Jaehyun questions and Haemin nods. "Oh. Anyways, we have to get going now. Sorry for...ruining your moment with Joochan."

"It's okay, you can go now," she smiles, a bit forced since she still wants to spend a little more time with the idol.

"먼저 가서... (Go first...) " Joochan says to them. They get confused as to why he is telling them to leave but Sungyoon just pushed them, leaving Haemin and Joochan behind.

Joochan gets something from his pocket and again gives it to her. "Another present...don't forget about me."

It was a small velvet box with a silver ribbon tied to it. Haemin stares at the cute little box, but then something bothers her. "Are we still going to write letters to each other?"

Joochan grins. "Open the box." He looks to see that the others are already far behind. "I really have to leave you now, I'm sorry Haemin. I'll see you soon."

Haemin is left in utter surprise and shock when Joochan gave a quick kiss on her cheeks before he left.

"What the..." Haemin touches her cheeks, still tingling from the touch of his lips on her skin.

She then opens the box. It was a folded paper. She quickly opens it and reads what is inside.

Hey, Haemin,

I'm actually glad I got to see you. I hope you weren't that shocked that I'm Joochan :D

You see the gift inside? Yeah, I decided to buy you something again. This really reminded me of you. So I hope you appreciate it and love it as much as i love you (im joking okay)

About writing to each other? Let's just stop. It's time consuming, and although it holds a lot of our memories, let's stop writing to each other.

Here's my number and let's text instead: xxxxxxxxxxx

Love, Joochan

After reading, she gawks at the jewelry underneath.

A bracelet.

It was a simple silver chain bracelet, but what intrigued Haemin the most was the charm used.

It was the moon.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

I hate writing so much urrhghhh i cnt seem to write what I think and its frUSTRATINhg

YALL I LOVE YOU THANKS FOR STILL READING MWAH

AND BTCH GOLCHA JUST UPLOADED THE GOLDEN MOVIE WAAGHHHH ()

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 105 14
Golcha one-shots where the story will be inspired by songs. (Aug 2020 - June 2022)
700 54 11
Youngtaek's blind date with the mysterious but charming Jaehyun goes sour as soon as he wakes up the next day in an underground facility owned by a s...
34.8K 1.8K 47
⪻ it's hard to accept the apology of an idiot ⪼ ꧁ Lee Jangjun X (Y/N) reader ꧂ Highest Rank: • #1 goldenchild • #1 leejangjun • #1 jangjun • #1 bomin...
45.4K 801 36
A collection of drabbles and oneshots taken from my Tumblr.