Just One Night

By SomeoneLovesYou

"Here's what I want you to do," I began, trailing my hands up his muscular body to wrap my arms around his ne... More

Just One Night - Before You Read
Just One Night
Just One Night ~2~
Just One Night~2~ REUPLOAD
Just One Night ~3~
Just One Night ~4~
Just One Night ~5~
Just One Night ~6~
Just One Night ~7~
Just One Night ~8~
Just One Night ~9~
Just One Night ~10~
Just One Night ~12~
Just One Night ~13~
Just One Night ~14~
Just One Night ~15~
Just One Night ~16~
Just One Night ~17~
Just One Night ~18~
Just One Night ~19~
Just One Night ~20~
Just One Night ~21~
Just One Night ~22~
Just One Night ~23~
Just One Night ~24~
Just One Night ~25~
Just One Night ~Epilogue~
Just One Night ~One Shot~
Just One Night ~Song List~
Just One Night ~Acknowledgement~
Just One Night ~Updates and Questions~

Just One Night ~11~

826K 8K 1.1K
By SomeoneLovesYou

Hey Wattpad!!

Ok, so, I FINALLY got some time to upload!!!:) Yes, this is NOT a joke, I have REALLY uploaded!:)

I just wanted to say... Thank you to everyone who comments and just makes my day!!! Every time I get a message saying someone has fanned me, I just freak out!:D Seriously, y'all are AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!!:D I'm sorry it took so long to upload:( I have family in England and I'm visiting them for only a couple of weeks, and I only get these couple of weeks once a year:'(

BUT everyone's at work today, so guess what? UPLOAD TIME!!:D

So, enjoy the chapter, and thank you again to EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!!!:)

 UPDATE 4/29/2013: Dedication because she made the new cover!!:D <3

CHAPTER ELEVEN

            "Happy Thanksgiving!" My dad greeted me.

             I just groaned in response, shifting a little in bed to get comfy again. I'd been up late, texting Rania. She'd decided to tell her mom about being pregnant tomorrow, even though it had been two weeks since she'd found out.

             I'd been up until way too late talking her into it.

             Speaking of late...

             "What time is it?" I mumbled, not even sure if my dad was still there.

             "6:30AM. Now come on! Jennifer is expecting us. I said we'd help out." My dad said.

             I shot up, shocked. "6:30?! Dad, what the hell?" I screeched.

             "Get dressed." He said, but I could see a little smile. Apparently he enjoyed seeing me suffer.

             I fell back onto my bed, wishing sleep would miraculously take over again.

             It didn't happen. Not that I'd really expected it to; I'd never really been able to just make myself go back to sleep once I'd woken up.

             After about ten minutes or so, I stood up, heading for my closet and throwing on some jeans and a random shirt. If I looked good enough to pull off a photo, I'd be happy.

             And knowing Jennifer, she'd want at least one photo. In the past couple of months, her and my dad had become serious, and I loved her, but the woman took too many damn photos.

             I checked my phone for any messages, and found Rania had sent me another one. I groaned as I read through it; she was wondering if Matthew should be there or not.

             I began texting again. Yes! Then your mom knows he's serious about being involved.

             Her text had been sent at 4AM, so either she'd be out like a light bulb, or she'd be wide awake in a scary way.

             I prayed to God that she was asleep. She definitely needed it, especially since she'd been running on pure adrenaline since she found out she was pregnant, having discovered online that she shouldn't drink caffeine.

             I heard a knock, and jumped in the middle of applying a little mascara.

             "Yeah?"

            "Are you almost ready?" My dad asked.

             Instead of answering, I screwed the top back onto the mascara bottle, and got up to open the door.

            "Yeah, I just need to put some shoes on." I told him. "You know, I don't see why I can't just drive down there later."

             "Because I need to talk to you, and this way you can't walk out of a conversation. But if we don't have it now, I'll make you have it in front of Jennifer." He said.

             I froze, shoe half tied. "Dad, what's going on?"

             He sighed. "I'll tell you in the car." He said, and walked out of my room.

             I followed him quickly, remembering to bring my phone. I'd never leave without it.

             This conversation was definitely going to be in my memory, no doubt about it.

             My dad didn't speak until the car was safely on the road, heading towards the highway.

             "So, why were you up so late last night?" He asked me.

             "Rania's going through some drama, and kept texting me for advice." I said, waiting on edge for the tougher questions.

             He nodded. "Ok. What about the night before?"

             I bit my lip. Cam's mom had been home since Monday, and we hadn't had a chance to do anything, so that night we'd decided to try phone sex.

             Let's just say that he was extremely good at keeping a girl on for hours.

             I finally decided to answer my dad, half-truthful. "I was talking to Cameron."

             "Your boyfriend?"

             "Yeah."

             "Taylor, you know I'm just worried about you." My dad said after a slight pause.

             "I know, dad."

             "And I know it might be weird for you to talk to me, but I want you to be able to trust me. Taylor, I know that you have this medical thing, but it also means you need to be more careful."

             "Dad, please. Don't talk about it, ok? I'd rather just forget all about it." I told him, knowing my words probably came out a lot sharper than I intended, but I didn't take it back.

             "Ok, but you know you have to talk at some point. Keeping it bottled up won't help anything. Does Cameron know?"

             I shook my head. "No, but honestly we'll probably be over by graduation. There's no point in telling him in that case."

             "Why do you think that?" My dad asked. Oh great, I had to deal with the psychiatrist side of him today. Brilliant.

             I sighed, knowing that this was something he wouldn't let go of so easily.

             "Well, it seems I have commitment issues, dad. I'm still surprised I've been dating him for this long." I said.

             "When exactly did you say you started dating?"

             I thought. I'd told my dad last time that we'd been dating for how long again?

             "Honestly, I don't remember. Cam probably does. I swear I'm the guy in this relationship sometimes." I laughed a little, surprised when my dad did too.

             "Good. That means I raised you right. But Taylor, don't be scared, ok? It seems to me like you are."

             I sat up a little straighter. "What could I possibly be afraid of?" I asked, feeling a little insulted.

             "Clowns? Spiders?" My dad suggested.

             Even though he was focused on the road, I glared at him. "Dad."

             My tone seemed to make him understand, and he continued seriously. "I think you're afraid of falling in love. You're terrified of letting anyone that close to you, which makes sense because that's pretty much what you learned from me."

             I was speechless. Me, afraid? In some perspectives, it was a reasonable argument, but really? No. Not in this case.

             "I know you don't believe me, but think about it."

             It was silent for a minute, the sounds of cars rushing to go places on this early Thanksgiving morning filling in for it.

             "Taylor, I know you said no a couple of weeks ago, but have you had sex?"

             I almost choked on the air I was breathing, but shook my head, deciding in a split second to ease him into it. "No, but we've talked about it." I said.

             My dad glanced at me, obviously a little shocked. "You have? Taylor, just be careful. I don't want anything to happen to you. Also, you do realize how big of a commitment doing that will be, don't you? Are you sure you're ready for that?"

             I nodded. "I know, dad. And when is anyone ever ready for it really?"

             "When you are, you'll know." He responded, and I knew I'd dodged that bullet for a while.

             Thank God.

             I checked the time, 7:23AM, and groaned.

             "I forgot how early it was. I better be allowed some coffee." I complained, as the car pulled into Jennifer's driveway.

             "Taylor, you don't even like coffee." My dad reminded me, grabbing a couple of bags from the backseat.

             "At this time of the morning, I'll like anything with caffeine in it."

             We reached Jennifer's door, and after knocking we were greeted by a woman who had obviously had the coffee I now craved.

             "Happy Thanksgiving! Come on in." I took the bags from my dad. We'd been here once before, and I knew where the kitchen was. I also needed to give the happy couple some alone time; they acted more like teenagers than I did sometimes.

             "Let me give you a hand." Another woman said, taking a bag.

             "Oh, thanks." I smiled. "Sorry, but who are you?"

             She laughed. "I'm Rachel. Jennifer's best friend and roommate. I wasn't here last time because I had a hot date." She winked, and I laughed. She definitely seemed cool.

             "Well, hi! I'm Taylor. Jennifer's boyfriend's daughter." I said.

             Rachel hugged me. "Thank your dad at some point. He's good for her."

             I smiled. "She's good for my dad too. She's his first girlfriend since my mom ditched us a few years ago." I said.

             "Sorry about your mom." Rachel said.

             I smiled a little wider. "I'm not. She's a self-obsessed bitch. I only keep in contact with her because she swore she'd pay for college."

             Rachel laughed, holding her hand up. I high-fived it as she said, "Nice one. I'd do the same thing."

             Jennifer and my dad chose that moment to walk in. "I see you've met. Good, I hate having to introduce people." Jennifer smiled, leaning into my dad's arms.

             "Yeah. Now if she can show me where I can get energized, I'll love her forever."

             Rachel immediately began making a pot of coffee. "It's black, so now not drinking it would be racist."

             I laughed. "Rachel, we're going to get along just fine."

             In the next couple of hours, we were all running around following Jennifer's instructions, and it was safe to say the woman was a perfectionist. I was also glad we had her family coming over later; the amount of food we were being forced to make could feed an army.

             Around 11AM, we were finally allowed a break.

             I breathed a sigh of relief. I was not made to stuff things, or coat food in cream, unless either of them related to chocolate.

             I stepped onto the back porch, enjoying the cool air as opposed to the kitchen's hot, humid temperature.

             I sent a mass text to my contacts (excluding my dad, Jennifer, and now Rachel), wishing them all a happy Thanksgiving, before checking my Facebook to post the same thing there.

             The notification symbol let me know I'd been tagged in a status.

             Exactly two months today. Best relationship ever?

             I froze. That was today? Shit...

             I quickly tapped back something to make me seem funny, settling for, This just proves I wear the pants in this relationship.

             In seconds, Cam was calling me.

             I felt the smile on my face as I answered. "Hello?"

             "Seriously? You forgot?" Cam asked.

             "No, I didn't. Honestly, I didn't know it in the first place." I told him.

             "Taylor... You seriously didn't?"

             "I didn't. I never remember stuff like this. Ever." I said. This was a lie. I remembered my dad and Jennifer's, as well as Rania and Matthew's, but only because the girls in each relationship always reminded me.

             "Oh. Guess I'll just have to make you remember it, won't I?"

             I sighed. "What exactly is our anniversary for? First time, day you asked me out, or Facebook official?"

             He was quiet, and I knew he was clearly thinking hard about it. "Facebook. That way you'll remember it."

             I laughed. "Then you're actually two days early, genius."

             I heard Jennifer calling me back, and sighed. "Well Player, I'll talk to you later. I'm being put back to work."

             "Bye, girlfriend." He said, and we hung up.

             As I headed into the house, my phone dinged telling me I had another Facebook notification. I stopped to read it; Cam had replied to my comment.

             Guess I am the girl sometimes, but I bet a girl wouldn't make you scream as loud (;

             I couldn't stop myself from laughing. My day was already a hundred times better.

            "I had the weirdest Thanksgiving ever." Rania said.

             I paused. "Why?" I asked, looking through the maternity dresses. it was Saturday; neither of us were dumb enough to try and brave the Black Friday sales. Hell, we probably would have been killed. Crazy ass shoppers.

             "Well, first I basically spent the entire day on Thursday throwing up. Apparently this kid hates turkey. Then I couldn't think of a good enough lie, so I ended up just blurting out that it was because I'm pregnant."

             I winced. "What did your mom say?" I asked, wishing I could understand what she was going through.

             Rania took a deep breath. "Well, at first she laughed because she thought I was joking. Then she cried about how bad of a parent she was. Then she sat there eating the turkey. Then she grabbed my phone, called Matthew, and yelled at him."

             My eyes widened. Damn, Misty had taken it badly. "I'm sorry girl." I told her, stopping my browsing through the ugly looking clothes to give her a hug.

             "It's ok, it get better." Rania smiled. "After about five hours of mixed emotions, she finally calmed down enough to ask me if I was going to keep it, and whether I'd consider any other options. I told her that I knew I would definitely not abort, but me and Matthew were going to discuss the other options after talking to her."

             I smiled. "Well, it sounds ok! So, is she ok with it now or..?" I trailed off.

             "She's a little apprehensive, but she's happy that Matthew isn't being a dickhead about it."

             I nodded, once again trying to unsuccessfully to find a cute maternity outfit.

             Well, I think everyone's happy about that. You know if he wasn't I would have covered all his belongings in some sort of poison so he died." I said, making sure Rania understood I was serious. If he bailed for a reason other than death, I would do it.

             "So, I'm all good. My mom even gave me some money for this stuff." Rania said, pointing to another disgusting design.

             "Jesus, who comes up with this shit?" I asked, faking a shudder.

             Rania laughed. "Whatever, it's not that bad."

             I raised an eyebrow.

             "Ok, it is. But how was your Thanksgiving?"

             "It was really fun. I met Jennifer's roommate Rachel. She's awesome." I smiled.

             Rania pulled out her phone. "That's cool. Ok, I have to put this on Facebook. Look at it."

             I followed her line of sight, and burst into laughter. It was a dress with what appeared to be a shrivelled raisin on it, and some deflated balloons that spelled out, "If you can see a grape, there is something inside me."

             "That's clever. Tag me in that." I laughed. "Also, get it."

             "Hell yes!" Rania took a photo, then grabbed one, pausing slightly as she glanced at her phone. "Hey, did you know you and Cam have been dating for exactly two months as far as Facebook knows?"

             I frowned. "Seriously? How did you know?"

             Rania showed me her screen. "See? It's his status."

             I rolled my eyes. "Two months is a not a big deal. He's over-reacting. He did it on Thanksgiving as well."

             "Over-reacting? Are you ok? Usually by now you're worried it's too serious." Rania pressed the back of her hand to my head.

             I bat it away playfully. "I'm fine. I mean, ok, it's a little weird, but it's fine. We have a good time together and he's not too possessive, so I don't have to worry about his getting ready to say the taboo word. Although, I should probably start worrying about his clinginess." I gestured to her phone.

            She sighed. "Relax, he probably just wants to boast to Wes that you've lasted two whole months together."

             "What do you mean Wes? What has he got to do with anything?" I asked, confused. Sure he was my ex, but what did that have to do with Cam updating his status?

             "Cam never said? Matthew told me that apparently about a month ago, Wes basically told Cam to get lost, and that Wes said he wouldn't do anything to hurt Cam because you'd be able to do that when you dumped his ass." Rania told me.

             "What?" I hissed.

             "Yeah, Wes is seriously pissed. He really loves you, and now you're dating Cameron. Can you blame him for the jealousy?" Rania asked.

             I shrugged. I could, but I wasn't in the mood to argue.

             "So, now the big question is this," Rania held up a little baby outfit with a To-Do List consisting of Crap Pants, Take Nap, Suck Some Titties. "What the hell were these people thinking when they made this?"

There it is! Chapter 11... Let me know what you think. I know it's kind of a filler, but I promise it will be worth the wait next time!:)

LOVE!!<3

PS: there is now an external link for the To-Do List!:) Enjoy and laugh:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
296K 9.5K 42
After Maggie Jones' School was involved in a shooting that shook the country, her parents decide to pack up everything and move into the state of Wis...
Sailing Hearts By

Teen Fiction

21 0 14
Hi guys!This is a rewrite of one of the first books I wrote on a different account,but I lost it.This was originally named "The players girl" but it...
1.3M 48.2K 69
Alexis Manro is a 17 year old girl who, along with her cousin Jake, was forced to move to a new town by her step-father. With her mother dead leaving...