The Four Guardians of Earth

By Aqieane1286

Ash Ketchum is a 7 year old kid back then, when a wild Usarang attacked him and Gary. He fought the pokemon a... More

The Faithful Encounter As Children
The sea water Serpent
The Fossil Pokemon
A Pokemon for Delia! An Egg hatches!
Two New Pokemon! The True Power Of the Chosen One Awakens!
Almost to Rota! The Evolution Festival!
A New Pokemon and Umbreon's Bond Phenomenon! The Kingdom of Rota
Lucario and the Mystery Of Mew! Part 1
Lucario and The Mystery Of Mew! Part 2
The First to the Last Badge! A Mysterious Invitation
A Totally Epic Day For a Battle!
Mewtwo Strikes Back! (Part 1)
Mewtwo Strikes Back (Part 2)
The Indigo League And the Reunion of Guardians!
Off We Go...
An Unofficial Battle With the Gym Leaders Clemont And Bonnie!
Mega Milotic and Garchomp Goes on a Rampage!
Garchomp Goes On a Rampage! (Part 2)
The Battle for the Bug Badge!
The Fire Chaos In Town! The Firefighters to the Rescue!
The Sleeping Giant

The Long Road To Becoming A Pokemon Trainer!

12.6K 195 232
By Aqieane1286

The Summer camp soon ended, as Ash and Gary introduced Professor Oak at the pokemon they managed to befriend. 

Let's just say, the old professor fainted at the sight.  

---------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing Ash did when they went back to Pallet town was to hike up a large and peaceful mountain. Up at the top, he meditated and soon felt the aura around him and the nature also pokemon.

There were some changes to Ash body and appearance too. Around a month of meditating and constant practise of aura. One day he woke up and freaked out when his eyes turned completely red! His once spiky raven black hair started to be tamed and was not that spiky anymore.

Well, the best thing to Ash was, that the zig zag marks on his cheeks faded as well.

He now could understand pokemon well, and soon befriended even more pokemon from the forests. Everyday he would wake up at 6 in the morning with his pokemon Dratini and Eevee then meditate until 7am on the mountain. Then head towards Professor Oak's lab which was a good 10 minutes away from his usual meditation spot.

Time Skip - At Professor Oak's lab - 7:16am

"Professor Oak!" An excited Ash shouted to professor Oak, waving his hands around. Eevee was running next to him, while Dratini was wrapped around his neck, "I have come to visit!"

The old professor just chuckled at the always energetic Ash. He has taken in the changes much more faster than the little boy's mother, and didn't have a problem with them.

"Ah Ash, here to start your usual training?"

Ash beamed a bright smiled as he stopped running, he let Dratini and Eevee join the other pokemon before replying, "Yes professor, but have you seen Gary?"

"My grandson is at the back of the yard helping out the new student I have. She is a really bubbly and caring person... her name is Leaf." Oak said, pointing towards where Gary and Leaf were.

Ash nodded and thanked the professor before sprinting towards Gary and Leaf. He could make out a young girl who was the same age as them and had brown hair and grey eyes. She was wearing a blue shirt with a red skirt along with a white hat. 

Ash properly introduced himself, while Gary happily told Ash all about Leaf. She was a energetic girl just like Ash, and couldn't stand in the same spot for too long. The three instantly formed a new friendship, and promised to support each other when there are times in need.

Time passed, and soon the trio grew up. They went through many adventures like camping out for a whole week with only their pokemon with them and was left without any food. But that did concern Ash because he survived with wild berries and fruits that he found by befriending the pokemon around the forest. 

One time they even went on a trip with professor Oak and visited a famous pokeball maker Kurt. He showed them how to make a proper pokemon and what caught their attentions the most was a cherish ball. The three kids who were around almost 9 years old by the time decided to try and make their own cherish balls, and succeeded.

They made cherish balls that captures a pokemon and never fails. They even managed to make a screen inside them so the pokemon inside can actually watch what was going on in the outside world in the pokeball. Ash made his red, while Gary's was green based on his eye colour and finally Leaf's was blue.

Let's just say, the two researchers were simply AMAZED. But they promised to never reveal the new pokeballs to anyone including the league and gave them the permission to make 60 more for themselves when they become a trainer.

And the last experience that stood out was the one time when they decided to take a holiday and went to the Kalos region, Lumiouse city. Their appearance made the ways to the local TV and they soon became really famous in Kalos.

They stayed for a few more days. Training the pokemon at professor Sycamore's lab and befriending many different pokemon. Gary made friends with a shiny inkay that was showing signs of evolution.

Leaf made friends with two pokemon - A flabebe that really wanted to go on a adventure to become the best Flortress there will ever be. It was a good addition to Leaf's team because she has only got a bulbasaur and Pidgeotto back then.

Ash has made the most rare pokemon friend. The entire Kalos and many different trainers has tried to capture this pokemon just because of how rare it was for it's species.

It was a SHINY AND GIGANTIC FLECHINDER. It was so big that many others would think about how big it would be when it reaches it's final evolution - Talonfalme. Well, don't forget it is also a shiny pokemon, almost as rare as seeing a legendary pokemon in Kalos. 

So yeah, when they went back to Kanto, the big shiny Flechinder decided to join Ash. While the Shiny Inkay joined Gary and lastly the Flabebe joined Leaf.

The 9 year olds were jumping in joy on that day, especially Ash. His red eyes were gleaming with pride and happiness the entire day, and thanked Arceus many times for gifting him such a pokemon for his future pokemon team.

------------------------------------------------------

Years soon passed, with Dratini and Eevee getting stronger and stronger with the training of Professor Oak's Dragonite, the ace of his team when he was still the champion of Kanto and Johto. They got stronger and stronger, and Eevee soon decided to evolve in one of her rare forms. An Espeon.

Dratini was doing really good. The dragon pokemon was determined not to fall behind the rest of the team and soon showed signs of Evolving into a Dragonair. She kept getting stronger everyday, and soon reached a new height very few Dratini are able of achieving.

While Ash's huge shiny Flechinder, was a monster. It could fly with 4x the time speed of normal Flechinder or even a Talonflame. Ash came up with a possible solution that maybe it can even rival a Dragonite in speed when it evolves.

Ash had matured and decided to take up his training too. He was no longer the once 8 year old clueless and brown eyed boy he once was. Instead, his eyes turned red, and his body turned from slim to a muscular form. By the time he reached the age of 11, he was already looking like a fit 14 year old.

Today was the day of his journey to start. Ash was very excited, as most other new trainers would be. At 7:00am sharp he, Gary and Leaf all gathered together to get their pokeballs and pokedexes.

"Hello children!" Oak said to the 6 children gathered around the room, "As you all know, you are here to get your first pokemon."

Ritchie, Johnathan and Hannah all nodded, excitement gleaming in their eyes. Immediatly, Johnathan went towards the pokeball with a water drop on it and took it, he then proceeded to open the pokeball. A squirtle came out, and then looked at his new trainer curiously.

"Hi Squirtle, I am aiming to become the indigo league champion this year! Will you join me on my journey?" Johnathan asked happily.

"Squirtle! (Of course!)" Squirtle said, leaping onto Johnathan's shoulders, "Squir Squirtle. (Let's get going.)" While Gary, Leaf, Ritchie, Johnathan, Hannah and professor Oak can only hear Squirtle saying it's own name, Ash due to his blessed ability from Arceus can hear what squirtle was saying.

Hannah then came fowards, and took the pokeball with the leaf sticker on it and released the pokemon. A bulbasaur came out, and looked around. Then surprisingly, she curled up and fell asleep. Hannah smiled and then returned Bulbasaur into her pokeball.

Lastly, Ritchie went up and picked up the last pokeball with a flame sticker on it and released the pokemon inside. A charmander appeared and energetically looked around, when he spotted Ritchie he went over to him.

"Hi Charmander!" Ritchie said, bending down to the fire lizard pokemon, "Will you join me on my journey?"

The charmander nodded, jumping around. Ritchie laughed and got excited, "I am going to call you Zippo!"

Everyone sweat dropped at the name, even the pokemon. But the charmander seemed to like the name very much, and he cheered, running around in small circles.

"Alright everyone, here are you pokedex." Professor Oak said, handing Ritchie, Johnathan and Hannah each a pokedex, "And here are 6 pokeballs, your carrier limit is 6."

The three starters nodded, and each said goodbye to Ash, Gary, Leaf and professor Oak as they all headed out. Once the three were finally alone, the old professor cleared his throat and addressed his long students.

"Now then, for you three you already got pokemon so there is no need for you of having a starter." Oak said, and taking out each a red, green and blue device, "These are national pokedexes, and they can scan all the pokemom from all the regions, and legendaries."

Then he handed the red one to Ash, green one to Gary and the blue one to Leaf, "and you have a 10 limit carrier. But Ash, since you have always been my first student, you get to have a 15 limit carrier." 

The three smiled, there was clearly no objection to that. Each of them grabbed 20 of the different coloured cherish balls they made and slipped it into the empty spots on their belts. 

Ash's pokemon can see the outside world through a screen in the pokeball, and the screen is linked onto Ash's necklace he was wearing. The necklace was red in colour and at the bottom was a colourful and glowing rainbow wing, given to him by Ho-oh herself. 

Gary's green cherish balls are connected through the screen to the necklace he wore. On the necklace was a sphere with green physic energy given by Sabrina to him to store his physic powers. 

And lastly, leaf's blue cherish balls were connected through the screen inside to her blue earings she wore. They were made out of a water stone and were a special memory of her father.

 "Goodbye children!" Oak said cheerfully, "Make sure to say goodbye to your family first!"

Ash, Gary and Leaf did as they were told, and went over to their family members. When Delia saw Ash she immediately went over to him.

"My little baby boy, he has finally become old enough to travel!" Delia said, tears of happiness and pride in her eyes.

Ash chuckled, and simply hugged his mom, the one family that has been there his entire life and helped him go through all his troubles and struggles unlike his dad, who instead went off on his own, not caring a single bit about them. Ash did some research and it said that right now he was in Kalos. The region he was planning to go to after doing a certain thing first.

"Hey mom, just as we talked through, I am going to Rota and to cameran palace where there is going to be a tourament held before I make my way to catch some new pokemon first before going to Kalos."

His mother nodded and surprisingly took out three boxes, "Dear, I have three gifts for you. One is a really rare egg with a pokemon inside, the second box contains two of each evolution stone while the last one is 5 mega stones as well as a key stone."

Ash jaw dropped, his mom was giving him all of THIS? But he was wondering what pokemon was inside the egg. Wehn he asked his mom, she just smiled mysteriously and said for him to wait and find out since it was close to it's hatching date. 

"Goodbye mom!" Ash said as he ran off to route 1, where he would start his journey over to Rota and participate in the yearly tourament held there.

After saying goodbyes to Gary and Leaf, he headed off to capture a water pokemon, with his eevee in his arms while Dratini and Flechinder were in their pokeballs.

Total word count: 2068 words 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 1.1K 24
Ash Ketchum is a man of many secrets he is The Unknown Champion of Alola, An Aura Guardian and A Psychic, and The Secret Prince of The Kingdom Of Rot...
52.2K 1.3K 55
The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was renowned for being a Dragon Master, and her...
52.1K 787 41
If Leon vs. Alain, or the Tournament in the anime is not your cup of tea, why not read another version of the Masters 8? The story continues from Pok...