My Alpha Mate (Completed)

By AdamsValeria

Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notoriou... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: My Mate
Chapter 2: Mate Combat
Chapter 3: Escaping Darius Carter
Chapter 4: She Belongs With Me
Chapter 5: The Bond Calling
Chapter 6: Meet The Carter Pack
Chapter 7: Bloodsuckers
Chapter 8: Temptations
Chapter 9: Luring Me Into His Bed
Chapter 10: Sharing Our Bed
Chapter 11: Aroused, Too Much To Handle
Chapter 12: Our First Time
1 M reads - Thank you
Chapter 13: The Love-Hate Relations
Chapter 14: Childhood Memories
Chapter 15: First Flash
Chapter 16: Papa Wolf
Chapter 17: Steaming Hot
Chapter 19: True Colors
Chapter 20: Something Stupid
Chapter 21: 19 years ago
Chapter 22: Her
Chapter 23: The Secret
Chapter 24: The Kings
Chapter 25: 8 years ago
Chapter 26: All Cards Out
Chapter 27: The Alpha
Chapter 28: Clean Slate
Chapter 29: First Date
Chapter 30: Three Months Later
Chapter 31: The Joining Ceremony
Epilogue
Excerpt from my New Book - The Last Red

Chapter 18: Morning After

80.7K 2.4K 342
By AdamsValeria

I wake up wrapped up in my mate's strong arms.

He lies behind me, my back to his chest, one hand over my belly. I feel so well-rested. I could spend an entire day in bed like this.

"Good morning," I whisper, stroking his lower arm gently, then I lay a kiss on it.

I expect him to moan sleepily, but instead he speaks with an awaken voice. "Good morning, Luna." He inhales the scent of my hair and then bites my neck passionately.

I get tingles all over.
Then he whispers into my ear. "I want to make us a child."

I freeze at once. Somehow, everything is done more easily in the dark. The morning sheds a revealing light onto the real us.

I tilt my head for 90 degrees. "I didn't know you were awake."

He doesn't go off the topic, but cups my breast instead, rubbing his nose against my ear. "An heir to the pack."

I swallow hard. One he will have to claim. And if challenged for it, possibly give his life for it. "Everything in its own time," I say, removing his hand lightly.

He frowns. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I sit up. "It's just that...The thought of my children inheriting the Carter pack and its brutal traditions doesn't exactly excite me."

He broods for a few moments, not moving, but then he gets up abruptly. "We have to talk," he says firmly.

"Okay," I nod immediately. Is he finally going to tell me about the secret? "I'm all ears," I smile warmly. Maybe we can finally resolve this. And then there'll be no secret to keep me angry at him anymore. It would sure make things a lot easier. I could accept my new life.

"Not here," he's now on his feet, heading for his clothing. "Get dressed. Meet me at my office. Half an hour. Then we will talk."

Ugh. He is so bossy.

"Darius," I say gently, "I want to hear it now."

"Half an hour," he repeats simply as if I was his employee or whatever subordinate, then stretches a shirt over his head.

"I hate when you talk to me like that..." I mumble, sighing.

His forehead furrows. "Like what?" He grabs a pair of clean underwear.

I shake my head lightly. He doesn't even realize it. I stand up covering myself with a sheet and exhale in frustration. "Fine. I'll meet you at your office in half an hour."

He puts his arms around me. "Good," he sticks his nose into my hair. "So we can finally put this behind us."

I almost snort. So it is regarding the secret he kept from me. "How did you decide it was to time to share?" I ask, even though I know I might not like the answer.

"You're my Luna," his face is into mine. "Now I know you're here to stay."

I frown. "H-how?"

"Because of last night," he turns me to lay against him with my back, then rubs his head against my side. "Now we're on the same page," he lays a hand over my belly. Once again.

Wait...

I frown. "I never said I was ready for a child," I turn to look at him. "I'm not."

He observes me without a word, even though I can feel tension build up inside him and my heart races as he glowers over me. His butt still naked, but there's no trace of shame or timidity from his side, of course.

"Why did you beg me then to come inside you last night?"

"What? I did no such thing..." Then I realize... When I said 'please...' 
"I was referring to 'please wait'," I yell. "No please come inside!" Now I'm panicked. "Oh my God..." I don't feel well. Werewolves are very fertile as it is, especially mates. "Did you?" I ask with a shaky voice.

His breathing is rugged and he looks at me with anger. "Why do speak of it as if it disgusts you?"

"Darius!" I scoff. "I don't want to a child, yet," I add seeing the hurt and rage in his face.

"What's wrong with you?" he glowers ever more. "Why don't you want to have a child with your own God-damn mate?"

So that's what it's all about. Werewolf men and their offspring - a very sensitive topic. He was waiting for me to say I wanted children - one that will be heirs to the brutal Carter pack - before he even reveals this secret to me.

"Is that what you were waiting for?" I scoff with anger. "To make me pregnant and then ensure I'm a prisoner before you tell me God-knows what?" I'm furious now. "Who knows if I'll want to stay after hearing it?"

"A prisoner?" He shuts his eyes swiftly, clenching his jaw, his anger filling up the room. I wait for his next move calmly.

When he opens his eyes, I can see them a shade darker. He clutches my sheet and comes right into my face. "You're not a prisoner. You're a Luna. Or at least you should be one. You wanna leave? Where? To that fuckin' blondie?"

Now I'm pissed. "Don't you dare talk bad about him," I tighten my jaw, my nostrils flaring. "I'm not a prisoner?" I scoff. "So, what? You'd just let me leave even if I was pregnant?" Yeah right.

He pierces me with murderous eyes. "Like I said, you're free to go wherever the fuck you want. But if you're carrying my child, my child stays with me," his voice is authoritative. "Is that clear?"

"It would be our child," I hiss. "Not yours."

"Which part is unclear to you?" he rips my sheet apart now. "My child will be raised by my side! It belongs here. And you belong here, too. But if that's a problem for you, I'll make sure you get a proper send-off back to the hill-billies."

"First of all!" I shout into his face, "Don't you dare threaten me! And second... you're the hill-billie, not humans!"
Ian would never speak to me like this. This is borderline fucking abuse.

He lets go of me. "If I'm a hill-billie, you're a hill-billie. You're one of us, Lila. No matter how hard you try not to be."

"I never said I wanted to be human," I sigh now in desperation, "Nor did I want you to knock me up a few days after meeting you," I almost cry now. "But if you did... and if you want me to stay, I demand to be treated like an equal."

"You wanna be treated like an equal? Then be an equal," he clicks his tongue. "You talk about being strong and shit, but the moment you need to stand for your pack, you dodge. You wanna be an equal to me? Do you hear me talking about leaving?"

"It's not the pack I want to leave, it's you!" I finally explode. I've had it with him. I am not his subordinate - I could've beaten him in that fight for God's sake, if it wasn't for Ian. I've had it with it.

"Then leave! Get the fuck out!"

Oh my God. I can't even tell who the crazy one is anymore. This is toxic. We are in a toxic relationship. And now... there might be a child coming into it.
I feel dizzy - if I am pregnant, there's only two options: leave my child to him - which I would never do - or submit to this abuse and endure it for its sake.

Maybe there's a third option...

"Fine," I say. "I will," I walk past him, but he grabs my upper arm.

"Where do you think you're going?" he demands.

Now I'm pissed. "Get the fuck away from me," I spit through gritted teeth, then pull on the other side of the sheet. "You just told me to get the fuck out! What's wrong with you? Are you senile?"

"Not now!" he almost chokes on his own spit. "After we're certain you're not pregnant, obviously. Rest assured, Lila, my child - the heir to our pack - sure as fuck won't be raised by some spineless human! They'll be here. Under my protection. Where you belong, too."

I feel like crying. "The Moon Goddess must've been drunk when she assigned you to me..."

"Yeah?" he licks his lips angrily, "I agree. The story my gramps said seems like real bullshit now."

"Guess there's nothing left to do, but wait," I shrug. "And pray. Pray that I'm not. Until you decide whether I'm a free woman. Or a prisoner."

He looks at me in hurt now, his ego hurting more than the anger he feels. "You're a prisoner only if you make yourself one. Because you damn well know you are my mate. My Luna," he tries to cup my head, but I flinch. "We belong together," he says. "And I love you."

I swallow hard. At the moment, I honestly can't say the same. I know what love is - I loved Ian. It was an honest love. And this... is a toxic one.

He furrows his thick brows as I stay silent, now worried. "Lila, I hope you know... I'm only demanding this because I want my child to be safe. And this is the best place for them to be just that. Where they belong. Among their own sort."

"I know," I say. "I just disagree with you," I shake my head. "With me, they wouldn't have to risk their life to rule this pack. It's safer on the other side," I say.

He tightens his jaw, looking to the floor and I can tell there's something he's not sharing.

"Unless you know something I don't," I ignite it.

He takes a few steps back and dresses himself. "You won't have to wait long," he says, sounding like he quit - on me at least. And thank God for that. "We'll know soon enough."

I see hurt in his eyes - he doesn't even realize his behavior is abusive, that's the worst part. But I have to play his game for now.

"I know." Werewolves can feel their offspring very early.

"And if you're not, I'll escort you to where ever you wanna go," now he says calmly.

My nostrils widen. I don't need to be escorted. If I want to leave, I will. Pregnant or not.

"Fine," I nod submissively. "I'll take a shower and meet you in the office."

He scratches his beard. "On second thought, no need. Forget I said anything."

"You're very indecisive, Darius," I hiss. "One second you wanna talk, the other you don't..."

"I said forget about it," he opens the door now fully dressed. "I thought you were ready, but now I see that you're not," he walks out and slams the door.

I literally explode, letting a frustrated scream.

I need to leave before it's too late.

———————

The chapter has been edited, so don't be confused with some of the comments 😁😅♥️🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 50K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
2.4M 68.4K 51
Amelia Davis is 20 and she's apart of the Moonlight pack. She has already shifted and she hasn't found her mate yet. This doesn't worry her because s...
582K 13.6K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
836K 22K 30
"You're mine," he growls. "I am not an object so back off!" He steps closer to me and pins me against the wall. "You're mine," he whispers in my ear...