Heroes Assemble!

By stargon1

After five years travelling the world, Harry Potter has landed in New York. He figures that there's no better... More

The Sixth Continent
Filing A Signature
A Return Address?
Employing the Extraordinary
On The Roof
First Forays in Exploration
Together Once Again
It's Not Exactly Safe Here Is It?
There's No Place Like Home
We Have An Enhanced In The Field
I Know A Guy
Shortest Trial of the Century
Got A Suit?
The Afterparty
Taking Stock
Unexpected Occurrences
We Have To Work Together
It's Just Not Safe For Good, Honest Crooks Around Here
He's Not Alone!
Just People With Different Agendas
I'll Leave The Door Unlocked
The Devil's Days Are Numbered
Not All It Appears To Be
They ... Made ... Me ... Miss
That's Just Not Right
Getting The Band Back Together
The Babel of New York
Call The Exterminators, We've Got Squirrels!
Can't Say No To A Roast
Nooo! Anything But That!
It's A Visit, Just A Visit
I've Never Been More Than Each Of You Created
Darcy? Jane? Mage? Ian? Dr Selvig? Myeu-muh!
Aren't You Supposed To Be Dead?
Auxiliary Avengers ... Assemble!
It's A Magical Place
Yeah, Right, Like I'm An Alien!
You Have My Word
Don't Eat All The Pop Tarts
Final Stop, New York City
Big Green Times Two
Avocadoes At Law
Foxtrot Is Down
It's Too Big To Do Alone
A Soldier's Fight
Working For The Bad Guys
The Price Of Freedom
Out Of The Shadows
Even When I Had Nothing
Welcome To The Colonies
I Don't Like Bullies
Foul-Mouthed Little Toad
We Lost Our Wizards
For The Greater Good
While The Wizard's Away
Promises For The Future
I'm With You
Unexpected Gifts
Let The Hunt Begin
Taking Aim: Two Birds, One Stone
Found!
We Have A Plan. Attack!
Now, That's A Distraction!
Hold On Tight
Mopping Up
Taking Some Vacation Time
Time To Process
Home Away From Home
What Lies Beneath
Not What We Once Were
Here There Be Dragons
Finally!
Getting Past The Bouncer
Finance Is So Weird
Honey, I'm Home!
Reflections of Reality
Walk Through That Door
No Good Answers
And You Are ...?
I've Got The Power, Man
Say, 'Yes'!
We Could Really Jack Up Our Prices!
Ain't No Thing Like Me
The Path You Choose
Is She Worthy?
Blending Into The Background
Up, Up And Away!
Visitors From Above
Let's Get Ready To Rumble!
There Are Some
The Five Tribes of Earth
As The Old Man Said, Together
We Are Gathered Here Today
Human And Proud
Like The Beatles?
Welcome Home
Free To Be Yourself
I Accept Your Challenge
From The Ashes, Rise
Surround Yourself With People You Trust
You Ain't Locking Me Up!
Far From Home
Change, Change, Change
Appearances Aren't Everything
Come One, Come All!
Best Day Ever
Case Closed?
Unexpected Arrival
Secrets Revealed
A Decision Revisited
The 'H' Word
Back To Business
It's Strange But Who Am I To Judge?
Nothin' But Pride
It's Time
Tripping Down Memory Lane
And The Throne Belongs To ...
Death Is Inevitable
Destination: Space
The Battle For Asgard
Sorry, We're Closed
Unmasked!
Counter Strike
Heroes Assembled
Infinity War
The Master
Where To From Here?

Testing Times

4K 198 34
By stargon1

Tony cast one last eye over the plans for the redesign of the Tower. Really, it wasn't a lot, but still, Avengers Tower seemed to be undergoing a reconstruction every other month.

This time, the changes were minimal. The floor above Candy Land – the ten levels of the R&D division of Stark Industries in the Tower was being retrofitted to become an additional lab. This would tie it in to the ones below and also to the three above, specially purposed for himself, Bruce, Peter and Doctor Cho when she was around.

Hopefully, that would keep Jane Foster and Eric Selvig happy with their specialised research. Not to mention keeping Darcy out of the way – the Tower really only had enough room for a certain number of smart-mouthed individuals and, with Peter added to the mix these days, that number was fast approaching critical mass.

The next part of the redesign was more cosmetic, altering the super-reinforced floor for Bruce and the Hulk so that it could sleep two. Jennifer may be a much more tame version of her cousin, but she was still super strong and weighed a tonne – not that he'd ever say that to her, for some reason, girls tended to be sensitive about their weight and he liked his head where it was, thank you very much.

The last part, since he had the construction crew in anyway, was to change up the training floors some. Harry particularly, backed up by Pepper of all people, seemed adamant that their newbies needed training. The web-head and rodent girl were one thing, but if Tony's instincts told him anything, it was that there'd be a big, green addition to that group before too long.

"Approved," Tony said, swiping the plans away.

"Yes, Sir, "Jarvis replied. "I shall forward the schematics to the contractors."

Tony swivelled his seat around to a combination of three screens clustered together and rubbed his hands together.

"Right. Time for something fun," he remarked. "Give me some thinking music."

In response, some Black Sabbath began playing at a volume that made talking only just possible.

"Hmm, not quite right," Tony said, shaking his head. "Switch it up to something funky, something really out there."

The music being played changed mid-tune to something that had Tony bobbing his head.

"Perfect. A little David Bowie sets the mood perfectly," Tony grinned. "Alright Jarvis, new file: Iron Man Armour Mark XLVII."

"Of course, Sir," Jarvis replied. "Does this suit have a particular function?"

"Yes," Tony replied seriously. "Capable of independent space flight."

"File created. Are you ready to begin?" Jarvis asked.

"In a minute," Tony replied. "Second new file. Put this one in the Quinjet files. Label it: Mark V, specialising in independent space flight."

"File created. Is there a reason for this type of project?" Jarvis asked.

Tony frowned. "Let's just say that I'd rather we not get caught with our asses hanging out again."

"Always a good sentiment, Sir," Jarvis replied.

"Right. Throw up the Mark XLIII armour on the left monitor and the Quinjet Mark III schematics on the right monitor," Tony instructed. "There's going to be a fair bit of overlap in these projects, so I'll be primarily using the middle monitor."

"Yes, Sir," Jarvis replied as both schematics appeared.

"Right," Tony said, interlocking his fingers and flexing his arms to crack his knuckles. "Let's get to work.

ooo00ooo

"You're early," Tony stated, pointing an accusatory finger at the trio that Happy had just escorted up from the garage of Avengers Tower.

"Sorry?" Jane replied, sounding as though she wasn't actually sure if she should be apologising or not.

"Would you believe our plane got in early? I mean, that never happens. Except this one time, right? But what are you gonna do?" Darcy explained with a shrug.

"Thank you for sending Mister Hogan to pick us up," Erik said, reaching over to shake Tony's hand.

Immediately, Tony's hands flew up and he backed away.

"Don't mind him, he doesn't like to be handed things. Including hands, it seems," Pepper apologised as she walked into the lounge.

"Can you blame me? You never know where things have been," Tony stated.

"But it's alright for me to take things from others and then hand them to you?" Pepper asked before continuing without waiting for an answer. "Jane. Darcy. It's so good to see you both. You, too, Erik."

The three women hugged in greeting, leaving the two men looking on indulgently.

"I thought Thor would be here," Jane half-stated, half-asked, looking around the open room.

"Point Breaks' down playing with our newest puppy," Tony explained happily.

"A puppy? Thor? This I've got to see?" Darcy exclaimed with a huge smile. "Can you imagine the adorableness? The levels have got to be off the chart."

"Darcy, if you're going to stay here, the first thing you're going to have to learn is never to listen to what Tony says, only to what he means," Pepper told the young woman with a pat to her arm.

"Huh? What does that mean?" Darcy asked.

"In this case, I would assume that someone brought a new person to the Tower and Thor is ... testing out their skills?" Jane asked, looking at Pepper.

"I like her brain, she's smart," Tony said, cocking a thumb at Jane before turning to point at Darcy. "This one, though, we can keep her, she's more fun."

"There, see, I told you I was fun and you didn't believe me," Darcy said pointedly to Jane.

Pepper closed her eyes momentarily before interceding.

"Come on, I'll take you down so that you can say 'hi' to Thor," she said.

ooo00ooo

"Woah, that's one big, green woman! And I mean all woman. She's like ... she's ... hulk-like," Darcy exclaimed.

The woman in question turned from where she was standing in front of a weightlifting bar that was filled with the biggest weights imaginable. The menacing stare that she was giving had Darcy backpedalling, her hands raised in front of her.

"Hey! I meant that as a compliment. We need more strong, powerful women types to balance out the testosterone levels in the world," Darcy stated.

"Darcy truly meant no harm," Thor said, placing a hand on Jennifer's shoulder. "She often speaks before thinking. It can be quite refreshing."

"And irritating as hell," Jane added, before walking forward, her hand extended. "Hi, I'm Jane Foster."

Almost tentatively, Jennifer shook her hand, realising that she'd squeezed too hard by the wince on the other woman's face. "Sorry, I'm still getting used to my strength like, well, like this. I'm Jennifer Walters, Bruce's cousin."

Jane gave a nod to Bruce before turning and stepping forward and giving Thor a hug and kiss.

"I can totally see the resemblance," Darcy said. "Well, not now, obviously, but when he's all big and green and muscly, too. I like your hair, that green tinge is really unique."

Self-consciously, Jennifer ran her fingers through a lock of her hair that had fallen over her shoulder.

"So, why are you all big and green and he's not?" she asked, sticking her thumb over her shoulder at Bruce. "I thought that only happened when he was all angry and if you're angry, shouldn't he be, too?"

"That doesn't seem to work the same with Jennifer. It's something that we're still trying to work out," Bruce said.

"Well, if you're needing some extra opinions, we'd be glad to help out," Erik said to Bruce before reaching forward to shake Jennifer's hand. "Nice to meet you, Jennifer. I'm Erik."

"So, how's things been going down here?" Tony asked.

"Wonderfully," Thor beamed. "Jennifer is strong and quick. With a little training she has the makings of a fine warrior."

"Oh no!" Jennifer protested. "I'm a lawyer, not a fighter; I fight with words, not fists."

"Might not be a bad idea, though; girl's gotta know how to defend herself," Darcy said. "Me, I'm not a fighter either; that's why I always carry my taser. Works a treat."

"I can attest to that," Thor stated grimly.

"See? If it can stop a big guy like Thor, it can stop anyone," Darcy said happily.

Jennifer's eyes widened. "You tased Thor?"

"Well, at least I didn't hit him with a car. Twice!" she protested.

"I said I was sorry," Jane retorted.

"You ... you hit Thor with ... with a car. Twice. And you ... tased him. One of the strongest Avengers, beaten by a pair of girls?"

At the start of Jennifer's summary, she's sounded incredulous but amused; by the end, she was outright laughing.

And that's when it finally happened. As she laughed, Jennifer's skin began to fade from jade green to a more natural skin tone. At the same time, she began losing height. Within half a minute, the jade green giantess had given way to a normal sized, human girl.

Seeing her put a hand up to her head and begin to sway, Bruce rushed forward to catch her the same time that Thor did. Together, the two lowered the now unconscious Jennifer to the ground. Bruce's fingers immediately reached out to check her pulse.

"She's fine. Just sleeping," he said, sounding relieved. "I go through the same thing."

"What happened? Why'd she change back now?" Tony asked.

Bruce shook his head. "I've got no idea. That was the first time I've heard her laughing though, so I'm guessing emotion played a part? Again, that fits with what happens with me."

"Will she stay normal or will she change back again?" Pepper asked.

Again, Bruce shook his head. "I've got absolutely no idea. I could make guesses but I'd rather wait until I can run some tests and I'll hold off on that until she's rested."

"If you wish, I can carry her to her room," Thor offered.

"Thanks, Thor, I'd appreciate that," Bruce smiled.

ooo00ooo

Tony led the three into the semi-revamped lab and spread his arms wide.

"I'm hoping that you'll find this satisfactory," he said.

"This is for us?" Jane asked, looking around in awe.

"Well, yeah," Tony replied.

"It's too much, this must have cost a fortune; the equipment in here, it's state of the art," Erik stated.

"Nothing but the best," Tony beamed, then, seeing that they were about to protest, explained. "Look, you're all astrophysicists, right?"

"I'm not," Darcy said, raising one hand. "I just do what they tell me. Well, most of the time."

Tony ignored her, focussing on the two vaunted scientists.

"If my facts are right, you're both studying Einstein-Rosen bridges?" he asked.

"Wormholes, yes," Erik nodded.

"And you both think that they're the same thing as that pretty light show that Thor uses to travel between here and Asgard and to make annoying patterns in the grass?" he added.

"Yes." Jane said. "From what Thor's explained, the Bifrost links the nine worlds of Asgard together allowing them to travel between them."

"Well, if we mere humans can create our own, then that gives us a little more independence, an extra option ..." he said

"Option?" Erik questioned.

Tony shrugged. "In case we ever want to travel about and see the cosmos. Anyway, you're studying it and I'm all for it. This is my way of helping. Take a look at what's here and let me know if there's anything else you want or need and I'll see what I can do."

Jane's heartfelt, "thank you," barely preceded her dashing away to examine and touch it everything in sight.

"You're just a big softie, aren't you?" Darcy stated, poking Tony in the arm.

"Well, I do like to make people happy," Tony replied.

"That's not what I've heard. Still, you've made those two happier than I've seen them before; they're like kids in a candy store."

Tony grinned; that was exactly what they looked like. He couldn't wait to show them Candy Land and to see their reaction to that.

ooo00ooo

Jennifer's woke slowly, stretching her entire body before snuggling back under the covers, a small smile playing on her lips. The bed was incredibly comfortable and she luxuriated in it, especially after the hard mattress and stiff, starchy sheets that she'd had to put up with in the hospital.

The hospital.

Her mind snapped into drive then as images flashed. The two men standing over her in the dark. Her anger. The feeling of her body changing; the sound of her clothes ripping. The feeling of crushing that gun in her very hand. The image of her changed, green face in the mirror.

Jennifer's heart was beating wildly and her breathing was becoming short and rapid.

Suddenly, a hand was rubbing her back soothingly.

"Hey, it's alright, you're safe. Nothing's going to happen to you. You're safe here, you're with friends," a soft voice was saying.

Jennifer focused on it, her brows coming together as she tried to place the familiarity of it.

"Bruce?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm here," he replied.

Her eyes opened then and he smiled down at her.

"There you are. See, you're good; nothing to worry about here," he said.

She nodded and pushed herself up, sliding upwards until she was sitting up in bed against the headboard. It was then that she noticed her hands – all pink and normal sized. Jennifer gasped and pushed up her sleeves. No green. Urgently, she pushed the sheets aside, checking over her legs before patting her face and pulling a lock of hair around. It was gone, no more green; she was back to normal.

"I'm normal," she grinned. "I'm cured."

Bruce's face instantly froze her.

"I am, aren't I?" she insisted.

Bruce looked down and away, with a small shake of his head.

"Your DNA says otherwise," he stated gently. "It's been changed, altered."

Jennifer stared at him. "You're saying I'm not human anymore? What am I, then? Some freak!"

Her voice had risen alarmingly by the end and she could feel herself getting angry.

"You need to calm down!" Bruce said urgently. "Slow your breathing, concentrate on it."

"I don't want to calm down!" Jennifer bit back.

"If you don't, you'll turn into your Hulk-self again, you'll be big and green just like before," Bruce snapped back.

That froze her.

She stared hard at him, her eyes staring intently into his, seeing the truth and anguish written there. Slowly, she tried to do as he said, concentrate on her breathing but it was so hard. Everything about her screamed to continue getting angry, that getting angrier and angrier could make the pain and hurt go away. Only Bruce's presence and that not-so-tiny part of her that was deathly afraid of what could happen was there to counter it.

The battle was hard and felt like it took hours, but slowly, Jennifer was able to calm herself down. Eventually, she settled, slumping, back against the pillows, spent.

"What's happened to me?" she asked.

Bruce sighed. "Somehow, my blood has altered you. I hoped that it was only temporary, that after you changed back, you'd go back to normal. But that hasn't happened. Your very DNA changed; it's very close to mine, now."

"But not the same," Jennifer latched on to that. "So, there's still hope."

"Maybe," Bruce allowed. "The only thing different about our ... transformations is that you get to retain your intelligence and memory, where as I don't. Why that is, I have no idea. I'd give anything for Betty to be here right now."

"Betty?" Jennifer asked.

"A former ... colleague of me. She was there when my ... accident occurred as well. She knows gamma and its effects almost as well as I do," he explained.

"Well, where is she? Maybe she'd be willing to come here and help you," she suggested.

Bruce shook his head. "I haven't heard from her in years and wouldn't know where to start looking to find her."

"Will I turn green again?" Jennifer asked softly.

"Let's hope not, but I wouldn't rule it out," Bruce replied, laying a comforting hand on her arm.

"I'm guessing it's when I'm angry?" at his nod, she continued. "So, if I'm not angry, I turn back?"

"That's what I'd expect," Bruce replied, "at least, that's the way it happens with me."

"But I haven't been angry for a couple of days. Why didn't I change back earlier? And what made me change back anyway?" she asked.

"I'm only guessing here," Bruce warned. "But I think that the reason you took so long to turn back was that you were so stressed, your ... Hulk-side ... decided that the best way to protect you was to ensure that you had your full strength ready at hand. As to what finally changed you back, well, you laughed. I'm guessing that you finally allowed yourself to relax."

"I'm guessing you want to run some more tests?" Jennifer sighed.

"I do," Bruce replied. "But I think it's not going to be what you expect."

She looked at him quizzically and gestured for him to explain.

"I'd like the two of us to go somewhere remote, somewhere where there's no people around. And then I want you to trigger your change," he said.

"WHAT! Why?" she panicked.

"Listen, you get to keep your intelligence. I think you can use that. You can calm yourself down and have some control over changing back. Who knows, you might even be able to control changing back and forth at will," he explained. "The problem is that it's not going to be an easy process; in fact, I expect that it'll be long and hard. But I know you, Jenn, you're strong – in your mind, your will – and I know that you can do this."

His belief in her all but permeated the very air. Jennifer could only stare at him. She was strong, she had to give him that. And stubborn, got that from having a cop for a dad. Looking back, she recognised how much work she'd had to put in just to get a place in college to become a lawyer and then all the years of long, hard work and study to pass and to graduate in the top five percent in the state.

"Alright," she finally agreed. "We'll do it your way. But if things go south, I'm blaming you."

ooo00ooo

"Hello?" Harry said.

"Hello, Harry? Is that you?"

The phone ringing had been expected and the fact that it had been answered after only the first ring told its own story, but the voice on the other end, while female, definitely wasn't Skye. It didn't even have an American accent; no, the accent was British. But the only person to ring from there was Hermione and this wasn't her either.

It took Harry a couple of moments before he was able to place the voice.

"Lavender?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, hi, Harry. How are you?" Lavender's voice was full of relief.

"I'm good. You?" Harry replied.

"You know, about the same," Lavender replied.

There was a pause then and, while Harry suspected that he knew what the call could be about, knowing who was on the other end, it sounded as though he was going to have to guide the conversation there.

"I hear that the article you wrote about us got a lot of interest back home," Harry commented.

"Yeah, people seemed to like it; at least, I think they did," Lavender replied.

"Well, we greatly appreciated it," Harry said earnestly. "Have you written any more interesting pieces that I should read."

"No," Lavender replied quietly. "No one'll publish anything that I write."

"What about The Quibbler?" Harry asked.

"Luna wants to, but they only publish every two weeks and my pieces don't always fit into their theme for the issue," she replied.

"I understand. So, I'm guessing that you're finding it hard. You know that there's always a job here for you, if you want," Harry stated.

"That's ... that's actually why I rang," Lavender said. "Are you really serious about that? I mean, you're not just feeling sorry for me or something?"

Harry smiled slightly, even though she couldn't see it.

"Absolutely not. What you wrote about us, about the Avengers, was perfect. We need that kind of press, especially here in the 'normal' world. You'd make a great Press Secretary."

"Is that really a full-time job, though?" Lavender asked.

"Well, no, but Tony has a position for you with Stark Industries," Harry replied. "It's in the secretarial office, but more a specialised position, where you'll be dealing with the Avengers mostly and only a little bit of the company stuff when you have the time."

"Okay," Lavender said after a pause. "I think ... I think I'd like to accept, if that's okay?"

"It's more than okay, Lav," Harry said enthusiastically. "When can you come?"

"I, uh, I don't have any money to get there," she admitted.

"Not a problem," Harry replied. "I'll organise a ticket for you; all you'll have to do is go to the airport and pick it up. And there'll be an apartment waiting here for you, too."

Harry could hear sniffles on the other end of the phone and he waited patiently for Lavender to get her emotions under control.

"Thank you, Harry, you've no idea how much this means to me, how much it'll change my life," she said.

"My pleasure, Lav. You'll be helping us just as much. I look forward to seeing you when you get here," Harry said.

"Thanks, Harry. I'll see you then," she replied.

ooo00ooo

"Right, everyone, we all know why we're here," Tony said excitedly, rubbing his hands together before flinging one arm out to point at his 'guinea pig', "to work out the science behind him being able to change from a regular, if scruffy-looking guy, into a bird."

"Who's scruffy-looking?" Harry asked, one eyebrow raised.

"I thought we were here to do science, not quote ancient movies," Peter stated.

"Ancient?" Tony spluttered.

"Exactly how old is this kid?" Darcy asked.

"Apparently Peter's still in high school," Jane replied.

"Well, if he wants to graduate, I'd suggest that he not make disparaging remarks about the classics," Harry said pointedly, waving a finger in an intricate pattern in Peter's direction. "Bad things could happen if he keeps it up."

Snickers erupted around the room and outright laughter by Bruce.

"You know that's from the wrong movie, don't you?' Bruce managed to ask, wiping tears from his eyes.

Peter's confused expression vanished when he realised that everyone was laughing at him and he looked down. All the blood instantly drained from his face before rushing back with a vengeance to turn not just his face but his ears, neck and the top of his chest a vivid, vibrant red.

In place of the black jeans and dark blue t-shirt that he'd been wearing when he entered the lab, he was now wearing a gold bikini, an exact replica of the one worn by Princess Leia in The Return of the Jedi.

"I don't care if it's from the wrong movie, I love it!' Tony exclaimed. "You better be recording this, Jarvis."

"You're just happy that it's not you for once," Pepper commented.

Tony shrugged but didn't correct her.

"Okay, already, I take it back," Peter said hurriedly, scurrying behind the closest, largest piece of equipment that he could find. "I was wrong to dis a classic. Age doesn't mean something's bad."

"You just remember that or we might have to bring out the big guns. Aunt. May," Harry stated sternly. After eyeing him for another minute, Harry relented and waved his hand, cancelling the transfiguration.

"Oh, thank god for that," Peter sighed, patting his clothes down, attempting to reassure himself that they were actually returned to normal.

"As amusing as all this is, shouldn't we be getting down to work?" Erik asked.

"Selvig's right," Tony stated, turning serious as his wont was when he was in full blown science mode.

Five of the science stations set up around the room were quickly occupied by Tony, Bruce, Peter, Jane and Erik. Each station was equipped with multiple computer screens, although Tony had the most, including a holographic one. There was also a number of specialised scientific equipment at the different stations, depending on the specialisations that that particular person held.

Harry had been placed in the very centre of the room. At the moment he was fidgeting, shifting from foot to foot, uncomfortable with the level of scrutiny that he was already under and the tests hadn't even started yet.

"Everyone should have received a copy of the results of the tests that I've already conducted on Harry's wizarding hocus pocus," Tony said.

There were various nods around the room and even a couple of screens flickering on with the relevant data being displayed.

"None of those tests studied the change that a person could be put through magically," Tony continued, "because someone forgot to tell me that that was even possible."

"Quack," Harry pointedly stated and Tony visibly blanched, making Pepper and Peter snicker.

"Moving right along," Tony said hurriedly. "Is everyone ready to see Harry transform into a bird and to find out how he does it scientifically?"

"You know this is pointless, don't you?" Harry asked. "You can't explain magic."

"Everything has a reasonable explanation," Jane stated.

"'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.' Arthur C. Clarke," Erik quoted.

"It's not technology, just magic," Harry countered. "But I realise that I'm never going to convince you otherwise until you get this out of your system. So, get to it."

"Excellent," Tony beamed. "Glad to see you getting into the spirit of things at last. Everyone ready? Jarvis?"

"Of course, Sir," Jarvis replied, echoing the scientists in the room.

"Alright, Gandalf, do your thing!" Tony commanded.

Instantly, Harry gathered his magic and changed, transforming into Ged, his Sparrowhawk form. Spreading his wings, he pushed down hard, working to overcome the lack of air currents to get himself aloft. Once he was airborne, he began a careful circuit of the room, taking the time to watch everyone's reactions.

Bruce had taken a single look, a brief moment of wonder crossing his face before he began concentrating on his screens and equipment. Harry figured that, with all of the bodily changes that he'd gone through in his lifetime, seeing it happen to another wasn't such a big deal.

Jane and Erik were fully immersed in the science, even alternating between their own data and the data that the other was gathering. Peter, meanwhile, was fiddling with something with far too many buttons and switches for Harry to understand. Tony was being Tony, flitting between three different screens and a holographic projection of Harry's change, being played at, Harry guessed, one hundredth of normal speed.

Angling his flight feathers, Harry soared over the heads of Pepper and Darcy, enjoying the way that they were so engrossed in watching him that they didn't even seem to notice that their mouths were still open from when he first transformed.

"That mass has to go somewhere," Harry heard Peter mutter. "An alternate dimension? A pocket universe? It's definitely been removed from this plane of existence."

"Obviously," Bruce answered. "If he'd maintained his mass despite his form and shape changing, there's no way that he'd be able to fly."

As Harry continued to circle the room above them, the scientists focussed on their consoles and screens, shooting out questions and comments to each other. And from everything that he heard and understood – which, admittedly wasn't a lot – it seemed that he was right: they had absolutely no idea how he was able to do what he did.

Harry sighed internally. He had told them that science and magic didn't mix. Maybe now they'd listen and believe him. Then again, knowing this lot like he did, he didn't think that that was likely to happen any time soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.9K 17
Leaving Asgard amidst a scandal, Y/n L/n finds herself travelling from realm to realm before settling down on Midgard, a fruitful realm with culture...
Finis By ANDREA.

Fanfiction

46.8K 1.7K 19
The Ministry of Magic is terrible. Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter want to do something about it. But they fall through the Veil and bring someone alon...
1.5K 30 27
As four 13 year olds hide in a alleyway from S.H.I.E.L.D agents, after one of their hideouts are discovered. they run into problems on there way from...
140K 8.4K 25
College AU ~~~ Getting into College is difficult. Add in the fact it's the most prestigious hero academy in the whole world and you've got yourself q...