Betrayed By Fate

Por alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... Más

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 12 | Tag Along
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 14 | Aether
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 16 | Flower
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 22 | Brother
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 31 | I Love You
Chapter 32 | Surprise?
Chapter 33 | Forest
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"
Chapter 46 | Meeting
Chapter 47 | Zaire
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 58 | Why

28.5K 1.2K 184
Por alice-ayuzawa

Please don't forget to vote
[Edited note] people could you please...I don't know... stop complimenting or prasing me? Like I can't take how I can't go through the comments without my face just flaming up! You guys are so sweet that I don't know how to respond.

So basically stop being so sweet, thank you.
Lol jk...or am I?
____

What can you tell of a person from just meeting their eyes?

Arian was used to blocking her emotions and meeting people with a hard glare, it was the only thing that stopped people from looking right through her.

But that never worked on Jake, meeting his gaze made her feel vulnerable.

Sometimes she wondered by all the things he could see in her, why hasn't he left her? Why does he stay by her side even though he could clearly see how broken she was.

Jake never realized how much he saw of Arian that no one ever got to see, she showed him her heart even though...she had a feeling she couldn't trust him. A fool you could call her.

She knew very well how ignorant she was, but just this one time she wanted to believe that there is not only pain for her if she just this one time loves someone with all her heart.

And look at her now, what did this bring her?

Arian glanced at Francis with narrowed eyes, he looked at her with pursed lips and wide eyes.

"You hurt Jakey...I didn't bet my money to see that but damn..." he stood there his broad figure shaking in laughter. "--this was not...haha..the plan but it was as entertaining, let's see if your goddess comes out now" he sobered his amused gleaming eyes turning a dark shade of brown.

"For a mere ex-mate you are quite obsessed" Arian shook off the fresh blood on her hand.

"You have talked with her...heh...that means she will show up" a smirk spreading on his lips.

Arian wished the moon goddess would show up. She is just a living dead in the mercy of Francis who hasn't killed her yet. The moon goddess is the only person who can kill Francis.

Everything stopped around her, Francis stopped playing with his knife and Jake's groans stopped.

"This is perfect! Arian this is....PERFECT" the moon goddess' voice spoke up from behind.

"What from all this is 'perfect'?" Arian gritted her teeth in distaste. "I pierced my mate with my claws...and if I don't do anything about it he will die! Tell me! What is PERFECT? CLEARLY I AM MISSING SOMETHING!" Arian's hoarse voice screamed, her voice cracked from the pressure.

The smile on the moon goddess' face faded "I...am sorry...." she shook her head "This..all this happening is new. It is the first time happening..well at least like this. Francis did come here and bring Jake to kill you...but you stood in front of Jenn who was going to die...Jake would have also killed Zaire if you haven't stopped him before even getting Jenn...you see this is new!"

"And me...hurting Jake? Is that also knew" a pained smile graced Arian's lips, tears forming in her eyes.

"That is the best part!--- I am sorry that was inappropriate. What actually should have happened would have killed you...but death was not the only reason I even began to send you back in time...let me show you...maybe then you will understand how--...why I had to" the goddess snipped with her fingers.

Arian's vision turned black, she felt her body being pulled apart with immense pressure forcing her on her knees.

She was at the same spot...but the ground was covered in blood, the deep colour tainting the fallen leaves. Arian's body shook violently fear paralyzing her on the spot. Her heart sped up, she closed her eyes trying to gain control over her body but everything was useless.

Tears stung in her eyes but the feeling of sadness or pain not the cause. It was her own body which reacted on being in this time line, the fear, sadness, and pain is embedded within her that it reacts automatically.

Arian glanced at her trembling hand and thought to herself...Is it really that horrible?

Arian could smell the sickening smell of blood in the air, her eyes wandered to the two motionless bodies covered in blood lying beside her. Her body jerked back in shock.

Zaire and Jenn.

Arian bit her lip and snapped her head away from the corpses, a tear slipped down her cheek.

This time line is one she would have lost both Jenn and Zaire.

"AHHRGH!" A loud agonising scream made Arian turn around, a sob following the ear piercing scream.

There he stood, the same midnight black hair, the same ice blue eyes. Arian looked at the figure he was holding by the neck against a tree.

It was herself.

Arian's eyes widen at Jake's blood tainted face, a silver dagger in his right hand drenched in her blood. Her clothes ripped by the amount of cuts adorning her skin, the original colour of her shirt gone by the blood soaking through it. Through the deep cuts you could see Arian's bones.

"Plea..se" her hoarse voice pleaded "just--...kill m-me" she pleaded through her crimson red lips.

Arian's heart stopped at the scene.

Jake's eyes didn't even falter as he swung his knife once more piercing it through her heart, her soul shattering scream echoed in the forest.

Tears formed in Arian's eyes, this was what her actual...future would have looked like.

Her head hung low, her body going motionless in his bruising grip. He waited a couple of minutes as her chest began again to raise and fall she snapped her eyes open in fear.

And again he withdrew and pierced her heart.

Again.

Again.

Again.

And again.

Arian clawed at her own heart in realization.

"...you said...there is only two ways to kill an immortal. Either with the blood of another immortal or...you kill them as many times as he or she got lives injected in them...now tell me moon goddess how..long does this keep going?" Arian's voice broke at the end.

'Why?' She thought to herself.

"A week....a whole week it took him to kill you completely. In total he killed you...2879 times" the moon goddess gaze fixed on Arian who was caressing her blood soaked skin above her heart. A shiver of terror ran through her. Her vision flickered in fear.

You see...look at us.

Death is mercy in comparison what this future held for us.

The voice spoke up.

"Do you now understand why I couldn't let you die like that? After everything you have been through...you end up getting killed by the hands of your own mate...not once but--...all those around you...all those who you loved were going to die. After Jake...kills you he goes back to the pack and kills all of them...with the Alpha blood in him an easy job....after that he wakes up from his mind control and finds his whole pack slaughtered around him...a scene that is familiar to him. Broken and desperate he searches for you and finds your ripped body here...tell me what do you think he will do?" The moon goddess asked her.

"Kill himself?" Arian chuckled humorlessly tears streaming down her face, her own words needles piercing her heart.

"No...he became insane. He couldn't take his own life because he already took yours, he couldn't grant himself the luxury of death. So he became a revenge driven mad man. He thought that Francis must be a Bookman since he knew he was immortal...so Jake hunted down all Bookman and killed them the same way he killed you...his hatred not only was directed towards Francis but falsely to all Bookmen. He became a blind revenge driven man who couldn't see right from wrong...after years as he successfully killed all Bookmen...he took his own life...but not in any way. He asked a rouge to kill him...first choke him until he is almost unconscious and then pierce his heart with a silver knife....this...did you want this future for Jake and you! DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND WHY I HAD TO TRY AND CHANGE YOUR FUTURE!" the moon goddess gripped Arian's shirt but her hand went right through it.

"Would you want your story to end like this?" She asked again more calmly.

Arian looked at the moon goddess a smile plastered on her face.

She found a puzzle piece she didn't know existed.

"My death would have been painful...far from what I could imagine right now. I even begged for death...after I died Jake forgot me...he only held on to the memory of his mate he killed...he forgot all of what we had gone through" Arian chuckled tears dripping down along her jaw.

"When Jake tried to kill me...just as we met in the beginning of all this. I thought if my mate rejects me I want to be die by his hands, I was scared of being forgotton, I was scared of rejection...but wishing to be killed by the hands of your mate? That doesn't make sense...even though I just got out of that prison hell...not having a mate wouldn't have fazed me--" a giggle escaped her as she wiped away her tears "--I never understood why I had this fear of being forgotton...or why I wanted to die so badly by the hands of my mate...it was because of this...because I knew how it will end and that the death I would've experienced back then would have been merciful in comparison to this. It was my own pathetic attempt on saving myself this pain in advance"

"It was never because I was too weak to live without my mate, it was because I knew the pain with him...isn't it so?" Arian stood up on her shaky legs, her eyes locked on Jake who was still hurting her.

"What will you do?" Asked Arian the moon goddess.

"I...will help you kill Francis, I am the one he wants...it is all my fault" the silver woman said.

"I won't let you die Jake" Arian whispered under her breath.

*********

Okay...how was it?

This was something I had been dying to link into the story...the first chapter with one of the last..isn't that cool? That was actually my favourite one. There is so much in the first chapter embedded that you only understand if you read till the end(it isn't just a sad beginning..but has a huge hint that I linked to this chapter *put your genius comments her pls*--well there is something in almost every chapter that you can link to the end...the hints I had put are even for me too much that I probably missed some.

And this chapter is to all (who read till the end or till now) who said "ShE iS dUmB fOr WiShInG dEaTh JuSt BeCaUsE oF a MaN/mAtE" *insert spongebob meme here*
don't get me wrong these comments amuse me to no end😂😂.

Some of you are hella impatient and like to be *excuse my french* smarta*ses and like to point out flaws and implausible things. (I am actually welcoming critic like that lol) but when it is something that is linked to the plot I am like "mhm honey you have no idea, let me give you a spoon of patience and suck it until I can hit you with my plot twists"

😂😂lmao, these comments are so funny because some really think they found something and complain while I am like :

"Heheheheh"
"You have no idea what is going to hit you"

Enough of me being amused by your comments lol (I just had to get this off my chest, can't have all the fun alone, can I? ;) )

Till next time

Comment
Vote
Share?

Enjoy<3 ;)

Btw, I like this quote from this chapter:

The first chapter inna nutshell.

Byyyye.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

832K 30.4K 43
A/N: Just as a reminder. I am not a cliche person. I do do cliche topics but they all have a Rissa twist. Check it out, and I hope ya'll enjoy. _____...
356K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
30.4K 726 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
414K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...