Belle's Book

By beaaquinoxoxo

The school's fairest bookworm, Belle Sawyer, clearly got herself in quite a situation. Her beloved father, M... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

73 7 5
By beaaquinoxoxo

"-so, you want to introduce me as your fiancee, to your dad- just to assure him that you're finally mature enough to have a 'relationship' with someone, so that when we graduate, you can automatically get a position from your dad's company." Belle squeaked, her hands feeling clammy, just as she her knees became jelly.

"Yeah. That's just about it." Beast, ran a stressed hand through his soft hair, that got Belle distracted. She wondered how his hair must feel, and wanted so badly to run her own fingers through them. Clearing her throat, Belle narrowed her eyes.

"But-"

"Take it, or leave it."

Belle clenched her fists, breathing deeply and closing her eyes- listing all the hazards and consequences she'd face if she said yes.

She had no choice.

"I-i'll take it."

"You will obey me?" Beast countered, more of a question than a demand. The annoying tone if his voice reeked of mockery and authority.

Belle had her lips in a tight line, as she was resisting the urge to scream and run away, "You have my word."

Satisfied, Beast smirked smugly, walking a step towards Belle, making her narrow her eyes and take a step backwards. "Rule number one. You will, join me at my lunch table every.single.day."

Belle raised an eyebrow, she was often found joining gaston at his table with hos crowd. Maybe it's about time she had a change of atmosphere.

"It's not like I have a large group of friends to sacrifice anyway."

Beast took another step forward, looking thoughtful, "Well, what about that Gaston Vale kid?"

"Gaston? He doesn't need me. He has plenty of friends much more valuable to him." Belle sighed, now looking at the floor.

"Well. I don't want you anywhere near him." Beast's face turned serious, remembering the day where Belle dropped her books. He saw how Gaston laughed at Belle, and how Belle must've felt so humiliated.

"But-"

"You will obey me." Beast voice was clear with authority.

Belle bit her lower lip, ignoring the chills that crawled up to her neck.

"Yes."

"Good. Rule number two-"

"Must you have many rules?"

Beast chuckled, "Rule number two. You will dress yourself, much more nicely."

Belle took an irritated step forward, shoving him- much to his surprise, "I don't want to dress up like one of your concubines. I don't like skimpy ski-"

"I said nicely. I never said anything about dressing up provocatively." Beast's face went blank. He'd had enough of girls who showed too much skin.

At that, Belle felt self-concious, tugging on the hem of her hoodie and looking down at her dirty, rugged red converse. She didn't even remember the last time she bought shoes, or even a shirt for herself. She was too busy buying books or saving the little money her dad often gave her.

Noticing her discomfort, Beast took another step forward, "Rule number three. We should constantly endorse our newfound romance."

"Which means?"

Beast slowly smirked, unknowingly making Belle faint and swoon internally. "We do the things a couple does. Hold hands, lap sitting-"

"What?! I don't want to do that!"

Beast took another step forward, causing Belle's back to press against the concrete wall. "Don't worry. No kissing, till you're okay with-"

"Which will be never."

"Come on Belle." Beast trapped Belle by placing either his arms at the wall and leaning close, their faces inches apart.

"Everyone's thinking of you as a desperate slut anyway."

Belle's eyes began to water as she stared up at his deep blue eyes.

"And come to think of it- You should consider yourself lucky. You're playing the part that thousands of women will kill for. Deep down, I know that you're loving this. You're-"

A loud smack was heard throughout the empty classroom. Students were bustling with activity, whilst the room they were in, seemed utterly deserted.

"I am doing this for my father. And Trust me when I say that, I hate being me right now." Belle's voice was harsh, sharp but hushed. Belle's hazel eyes watered, but instead of wiping them, Belle shoved beast roughly, causing the shocked male to stumble backwards and look at her with utter anger and shock.

Never in his lifetime, had someone treat him like that. Most especially a girl, when all females he'd encountered did nothing but swoon or be afraid of him.

This one was different.

"Y-YOU WILL NOT DISRESPECT ME!" Beast grabbed her roughly by the arm, and suddenly had Belle pinned on the wall, squirming under his tight grip.

"WELL WHAT DID YOU JUST DO TO ME EARLIER HUH?! DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE WORD RESPECT?!"

"SHUT UP BITCH. I HAVE YOUR FATHER AND YOU WILL NOT DISRESPECT ME."

That had Belle sliding down the wall and crying. Beast took a step backwards. His eyes softened when he saw how hurt, pained and alone Belle seemed as she curled up in a ball while sobbing shamelessly.

Clearing his throat, Beast looked away, and took out his phone his fingers feeling weak and shaky as he typed and dialed.

Belle felt more scared than ever. She missed her late mom, and wondered what else can she do for her and her poor father? She thought that, maybe least she can do right now for them was to follow Beast.

"Shut your pathetic crying and listen to me. Your father's on his way home, thanks to me. Because, I've already contacted my father and paid his debt with half of my monthly allowance. The least you can do now is to be mine. You gave your word and now, you're my fiancee."

That had Belle feeling slightly better.

"Oh, I forgot to mention. You'll be moving in with me whether you like it or not. I don't want my father to have any ideas that we're faking it."

Belle sniffed and sat up straighter, her hiccups dissolving as she wiped her soaked eyes. "Thank you."

Beast smirked and turned around to look down and face her only to stop his smug movements when he saw how glad and hopeful she looked at him.

Belle looked at him like he was the kindest thing ever created.

And that means something.

***

"I still can't believe the principal let us off like that. You didn't even need asking twice." Belle laughed, walking towards the parking lot. Beast shoved his hands in his pockets, his signature smirk ever-present on his plump lips.

"What can I say? I'm too irresistible."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Belle rolled her eyes, stopping just as they slowly neared a sleek black car.

"What is that-that- Thing!?"

"My car." Beast's face was blank, as his eyes seemed to look at her like she was dumb.

"That thing's your car?"

"Got any problem with that?"

"That thing's worth more than my crappy life!"

"Well, that thing should take us to your crappy home so you can pack your crappy things." Beast deadpanned.

Belle opened her mouth to say something, but stopped instantly- having nothing more to say. "It's beautiful."

"Quit gawking and get inside the damned car Sawyer."

Beast opened the door and slid inside, leaving Belle to gather her thoughts and stop herself from drooling.

Slowly, she walked towards the door handle, savoring the feeling of the luxurious car, ignoring Beast's irritated honks.

Sliding herself inside, Belle blinked furiously and ran her hands on the cat seat. Beast rolled his eyes, just as Belle closed the door and buckled her seatbelt.

"About damn time."

Belle ignored him, and practically pressed her nose on the glass window, watching as the view blurred as they passed them by.

Beast kept glancing at Belle's direction- finding her movements peculiar and interesting. It was, of course, not the first time he'd brought a girl to and inside his magnificent car- but all of them paid no attention to the simple details, because all of them would automatically proceed on taking what little clothes they have, off.

"We're here."

Beast slammed on the breaks, making Belle jerk roughly forward, "What the- it's fucking near,"

"I told you earlier at the office that we can just walk towards it. Not my fault that you're too damn stubborn and lazy." Belle shrugged, massaging her aching neck.

Beast rolled his eyes, "Shut up, get out, and come back when you're all packed."

Belle hesitatingly got out and walked inside, her sneakers thumping softly at the wooden floor.

Passing the living room by and walking upstairs, a weak voice below from the living room called out, "B-belle?"

Belle stopped in her tracks and walked back to the voice's location.

In the living room, two men wearing sleek black suits, instantly came into view. Belle's gaze soon landed on her father. Her father still looked the same and still wore his blue uniform, but his face was filled with bruises and he seemed thinner than the last she saw her.

"Daddy!" Belle sobbed, running and hugging her father

Her father didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve what he had as a life. He didn't deserve to have a wife he loved so much- only to be taken away from him by a sickness that she kept hidden to keep them from worrying.

Maurice, Belle's beloved father, was a kind man to everyone. But everyone didn't return his kindess.

"Oh darling. I am so sorry. So s-sorry." Maurice sobbed, burying his injured face on his daughter's hair.

Belle pulled back to look at Maurice, cupping his face with her hands and kissing his forehead, "It'll all be okay daddy."

"Oh baby. P-please- you don't have to do this. I-i know all about you giving yourself to the Boss' son. Pl-please-"

"Daddy, I love you so much-"

"Time to start packing Sawyer." A voice spoke from behind them.

"P-please sir. D-don't take m-my little girl-"

"You should've thought things through before spending the huge money my father lent to you to a casino. Anyway, it's already done. Sawyer, change of plans. You're coming with me. Don't bother packing." Beast spoke, grabbing Belle's arm roughly and practically dragging her to his car. Belle let herself be dragged, the sound of Maurice's pained cries becoming muffled.

She couldn't believe it. Her poor daddy? Maurice?

A gambler?

"C-casino?" Belle whispered, just as Beast practically shoved Belle inside and shut the car door.

"Didn't know daddy was a gambler?"

Belle ignored Beast, as she kept watching out the car window, seeing a glimpse of her father ran out of the house while crying her name, along with two men, whom currently had trouble holding him back. It was just time for Beast to drive away and take her to the place she'd be trapped into.

Beast every now and then, would glance at Belle. For the first time, he felt something at the pit of his being. He didn't like it.

He actually felt worried.

He wondered, how could anyone look so fragile yet actually be someone so strong? It can only be a matter of time when she'd break.

Yes, he was optimistic like that. Deal with it.

"You'll be fine." Beast's lips moved on it's own accord. The words were new to him, But it felt good saying them out loud.

"Don't worry about me Beast. And yes, I'll be fine. Thank you." Belle smiled widely at him.

He didn't say anything and kept his face blank as the traffic light dropped to red. Finally, he looked at her. Belle smiled at him one last time before looking ahead, still smiling.

She smiled as if she had used her smiles as a weapon that fools everyone into the thought of her being happy. But as he looked further, looking into her eyes instead of her smile, he realized how fake it all was.

How close she was to tears.

When the light flashed green, Beast turned ahead.

All throughout the ride, Beast chose to say no more, when his peripherals depicted and saw Belle's cheek glistening with fresh tears.

Continue Reading