My Fairytale - Larry AU boyxb...

By dianexagnes

Prince Louis William of York is tired. He's tired of formalities. He's tired of attending events, showing a n... More

My Fairytale - Larry AU boyxboy
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
ABOUT NEXT CHAPTER (please read)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 part I
Chapter 28 part II
Chapter 29
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 22

10.6K 551 757
By dianexagnes

When Liam opened his eyes, he was disoriented at first.

He blinked twice, trying to adjust to the dim light of the room.

He knew where he was. It was his room at Buckingham. But what was he doing there?

He forced his mind to remember.

Wasn't he supposed to go to a museum with Ed? Was this a very vivid dream?

No, he remembered waking up. In fact, he remembered packing lunch for the field trip. They did get in in Ed's truck, and... Oh...

Liam suddenly remembered too well.

They were driving to the museum. Chatting away the drive and then, out of nowhere, a car  going at a ridiculous fast speed lost a little bit of control, diverting off his lane and crashing with them.

Liam took a sharp breath, the memories scaring him.

Suddenly there was a person wearing white clothes hovering over him.

She took his wrist, which had some wires attached he hadn't noticed, and asked, "Hello, dear. Can you give me your name?"

Liam frowned, confused, she didn't know him? Then why was she in his room? Still, he answered, "Liam," he was surprised by his rough voice and throat.

"Liam!" An all too familiar voice called.

Liam immediately lifted head, searching for his cousin. But as soon as he moved his head, a sharp pain went through it.

He squinted his eyes and rested again.

"Easy there," the nurse soothed while she checked other devices placed by Liam's bed.

"Liam!" Louis called again, already by his side.

"Lou," Liam crooked a smile.

He frowned when he took a better look at Louis, whose cheeks were hollow, with no shine in his eyes and bags under them, "You look like shit, mate," Liam said.

Louis let out a tired chuckle, "I could say the same about you,"

"Alright," the nurse interrupted, "Before anything else I'll need to ask some questions. Meanwhile, please let everyone know Liam is awake," She instructed Louis.

While Louis went to the door and told the person guarding it to bring Liam's parents, the nurse asked Liam things like the last thing he remembered and such.

Louis was quickly by his side again, holding his hand.

"But how's Ed? Where is he?" Liam started to ask, "How did I get here? How long has it been?"

Louis took a deep breath before answering, "It's been almost a year since the accident,"

Liam's stomach twisted at the information.

"You know he has to take it easy," the nurse scolded him, "It is December second, Liam. You've been in your condition for three weeks."

Liam looked at Louis, who was smiling at his own prank. He wanted to scold him for scaring him, but he couldn't bring himself to do it because that was how Louis was and he loved him for that.

"And what's my condition?" He asked not feeling anything strange apart from his sore head.

The nurse opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Liam's parents walking in.

"Baby, you're up!" Karen, his mom, sobbed.

Liam noticed they were wearing robes, and had messy hair. He guessed it must be night-time.

"Hi, mum," Liam smiled.

"How are you feeling, son?" His father asked.

"Alright, I guess. My head hurts."

"I already administrated some meds through his IV," The nurse, very professionally, informed.

"Thank you, Vicky." Karen replied.

"But, what happened?" Liam asked, feeling in the dark.

"You suffered a lot of injuries in the car crash. A concussion, a pair of broken ribs and even a second degree burn in your right leg. You had been on high sedatives for all of this time, but a couple of days ago we reduced the dose since your body is already healed from the worst." Vicky explained.

Karen's eyes filled with tears just listening again to what had happened to her son, "We were now just waiting for you to come around," she spoke.

"Right now would be the best if you went back to sleep. To adjust your body to its normal functions, the sooner the better," Vicky indicated, "Dr Crawford will be here in the morning to check on you,"

They all nodded.

"Good night, sweetie. See you in the morning," Karen kissed Liam's forehead.

"Goodnightmummy," He replied.

"Rest well, son" Geoff spoke.

"Thanks. You too, dad"

Liam's parents thank the nurse and wished Louis goodnight.

"You're not going to sleep?" Liam asked Louis, who showed no signs of leaving.

"Yeah, after you fall asleep," Louis answered with a smile and making himself comfortable beside him, careful of not hurting him.

"Okay," Liam smiled, then he noticed another bed at the other end of his room, "What's that bed doing there?"

"He's been practically living here with you," Vicky said, "After three nights of sleeping in your couch your mom made them instal a bed for him."

Liam turned to look at Louis.

"I missed being your roommate," Louis shrugged with a smile.

Liam returned the smile, "Thanks for being here,"

Louis silently chuckled, "It's alright, Liam, I'm glad you're getting better." he said brushing some of Liam's messy hair.

And Liam still had so many questions, but as his headache started to give in he started feeling really sleepy. He guessed the questions would have to wait until the morning, so he fell asleep listening to Luis quietly humming a song for him.

*

When I was younger I was certain

That I'd be fine without a queen

Just a king inside his castle

With an ocean in between

Now all I do is sit

And count the miles from you to me

Next morning Louis woke up in a better mood than he had for the last three weeks. Liam's awakening and recovery eased some of his sorrow, but he still felt a hell of a lot of pain; so his mood wasn't great either.

He got up and saw Liam was still sleeping. He took a shower in Liam's bathroom and got ready for the day.

When he got out he saw Vicky hadn't left, even though his night shift had ended. She was talking to Melissa, who worked for the first day shift, filling her in with the latest news about Liam's health.

After giving them a short greeting, he made his way to the kitchen to have an informal and quick breakfast.

He went back to Liam's room when he was finished. Once there, he grabbed the book he was reading at the time and, carefully of not waking up or hurting Liam, he crawled onto his big bed, lying beside him.

Soon, Liam's parents and Dr Crawford were in the room, sitting and talking in the small living room area of Liam's room.

"Good morning, Doc," Louis greeted, already familiar with everyone taking care of his cousin.

"Hello, Louis," He greeted back, old-age wrinkles forming around his eyes when he smiled.

Louis felt Liam stirring, "Good morning, sleepyhead," He chirped.

Liam stirred some more and grunted, "What?" and slowly opened his eyes.

Melissa was immediately by his side, taking over Vicky's job and checking everything was in order, "Good morning, sweetie," she smiled.

"Huh?" Liam was still half asleep, and didn't get why the nurse looked so different this morning.

Vicky's blond hair and pale face were now replaced by black curls and tanned skin; but both looked about the same age, probably early forties.

"She's Melissa, your morning nurse. Vicky is gone for now," Louis explained.

Liam rubbed his eyes and replied, "Good morning,"

"Melissa McCall. Nice to meet you, Liam," She smiled.

He was quickly attacked by his mother, giving him three morning kisses, "Hi, mum," He smiled.

"Hello, Liam. I'm Dr Bradley Crawford. I've been looking over you and continue to do so until you are again as healthy as a horse," He smiled, "Now, let's get started," he said as he opened the briefcase where he carried some of his tools.

And then he proceeded to check Liam. He explained everything that had happened to him. He told him that he wouldn't be able to walk for a couple of weeks, since his leg was still healing from the burn. His ribs were doing good, healing appropriately.

He said he still would have to spend another week in bed, and then they would see about the need of a wheelchair or crutches.

He finished checking him rather quickly and then they, Louis and Liam, were left alone with Melissa, since their parents couldn't be there all the time and there was no need for a doctor to be there 24/7.

"I'm glad you're better," Melissa told Liam while she fixed his pillows, "Everyone here has been worried sick about you. The whole kingdom, I'd say," she said chuckling.

"Yeah, it's great he's good now," Louis spoke, then he clicked his tongue "But he woke up in Vicky's shift. That was no fun," He whined.

Melissa put his hands on her waist, "She didn't let you prank him, did she?" she asked with an amused smile.

"Naah, she ruined it way too early. Didn't let me get a full reaction from Liam,"

"What did he do to you?" She asked Liam, still with a smile.

Liam decided he liked her better than Vicky, "He told me it had been a year since the accident," he answered furrowing his brows, "You actually scared the hell outta me,"

Melissa laughed, "You were lucky you woke up in Vicky's shift, then. Louis had meaner pranks and I was actually very tempted to let him play them to you,"

Louis and Melissa laughed while Liam whined about their conspiracy, but then his stomach made a weird noise, interrupting them.

Melissa instantly became concerned and set his nurse-mode completely on, "How are you feeling?" She asked grabbing the stethoscope to hear his organs.

Liam chuckled, "Sorry, I think I'm just a little bit hungry,"

Both Louis and Melissa let out a sigh of relief.

"And what would you like for breakfast?" Melissa asked with the smile back on his lips.

Liam quickly chose French toasts, and no more than half an hour later a maid was bringing Liam's breakfast.

"How's Ed, Lou? Where is he?" Liam finally had time to ask everything he wanted.

"He's good, now. He's in his place. I didn't really understand what happened, I don't speak doctor. But he did lose a lot of blood and something was up with his liver."

"Oh," Liam mouthed, feeling sorry for his friend.

"But he quickly got transfusions and the doc took good care of him, so he's alright."

Liam nodded, and decided which question to ask next while chewing a bite of his French toast.

"And when did you get here?" He asked after swallowing.

"As soon as I heard about you," Louis replied, stealing a piece of fruit of Liam's plate.

"But the semester wasn't over. It's still not over, is it?" He wondered.

"No. But don't worry about that. I'm sure they'll arrange something so we don't have to recourse anything." Louis stole another piece of fruit.

"And what do your friends say? They miss you loads?"

Louis lowered his gaze and started to play with the edge of the blanket, "No. Well, yes. I don't know. But Zayn texted me a couple of weeks ago wishing you well,"

"Thanks," Liam nodded, but he didn't miss the sudden change of Louis mood, who now was lost in his thoughts, "What happened, Lou?"

Louis sighed, still with his gaze lost, "I had to tell them the truth last minute before coming back. And... Harry didn't take it so well."

If Liam could have given him an instant hug, he would have. But he couldn't move so much because his body felt heavy.

He just pushed his breakfast tray as far as he could and opened his arms for Louis.

Louis fell into them with tears already in his eyes.

"I miss him so much," Louis said, his voice breaking at the end.

Liam kissed the top of his cousin's head, "You'll get him back, Lou,"

"No," Louis sniffed, "I don't think so,"

Liam sighed and rubbed circles on Louis' back trying to soothe him.

Melissa came back from the small living room to take away Liam's tray. She sent Liam a small smile and gave the two princes a little bit of privacy, taking the tray to the kitchen herself.

*

Zayn, Niall and Harry were having breakfast together. The three of them had very little sleep, everyone spending most of the night studying for the last finals.

"Do you want some juice, Harry?" Zayn asked him.

Harry nodded, "Thanks," he said when Zayn poured some into his glass.

Niall wasn't sure if bringing the topic up was a good idea, but he spoke anyway, "I just heard in the news that Prince Liam is better now,"

Zayn did lift his head and pay attention, but Harry kept eating like Niall hadn't said a thing.

"Yeah?" Zayn asked.

"He's in a wheelchair but he's alright. Now tourists are again allowed into the palace, cause when Liam was ill no one could get in. And everyone is pretty happy over there." Niall added.

"Good," Zayn nodded.

Harry stood up and put his plate in the sink, even though he wasn't done eating.

"I should go now. See you later, lads," he curtly said before walking away.

All Zayn and Niall did was exchange a concerned look. Both of them wondering if Harry would ever be the same again.

*

Liam was glad he finally was out of his bed. Videogames and telly for an entire week isn't that fun at the end. But now he was stuck in a wheelchair.

Dr Crawford wanted to make sure his ribs were completely healed before Liam could use crutches. So that was at least a week for Liam in a wheelchair.

Louis tried to cheer him up and see the bright-side of it. He would make car noises when he pushed Liam's chair, or they would speed when no one was watching.

But at the same time, Liam was cheering Louis up. He always tried to keep themselves busy so Louis didn't have much time to think.

But sometimes, just when Liam thought maybe Louis had started to heal from his own wounds, something happened that brought everything back.

One time Liam complained about not being able to go to the gym. Louis' mood was so down that day, even Vicky asked him what was wrong.

Liam also noticed Louis didn't eat tomatoes anymore. Every time a salad or a dish had tomatoes, a special one without them was served for Louis. Liam decided not to ask anything about tomatoes, or any vegetable just to be sure.

Liam guessed only time would heal his cousin.

*

"But I don't want anything massive, mum," Louis spoke through the phone, but was actually more interested in the football match they were playing on Liam's x-box.

"Oh, honey, you only turn twenty-one years old once. Okay, I was actually thinking about a winter party. Imagine everything in white with some ice sculptures. And if there isn't any fresh snow, we can always set some fake snow in key areas. It's pretty late to be organizing something as big as this, but I'm sure everything will be ready..." His mom, who was at their house in Berkshire, started rambling about Louis' party.

Louis limited himself to reply with 'uh-hu', 'okay' and 'yeah, alright' whenever his mom voice tone suggested to, because he wasn't really listening.

But one sentence caught his attention, "What did you say?" he asked, pausing the game, earning a complaint from Liam.

"That you need to tell me the names of your Americans friends, so we can invite them. Are you listening, Lou?"

"M-my friends?" Louis stuttered, allowing himself to think of the people he had tried so much to forget.

Liam put a comforting arm around Louis.

"Yes, the people you befriended over the semester." she replied a little bit annoyed.

"I don't have any friends, mum. Just Ed." Louis said careful of not showing any negative emotion.

"Honey, if you're worried they are too many just text Paul their names later. I'm sure we can get all of them to be here. Now, let's talk about food..."

"Mom," Louis interrupted, "Can I call you back later? Dinner's ready." He lied.

She clicked her tongue, "Alright, sweetie. Talk to you later."

"Bye, mom," Louis said before hanging up and rubbing his face with both of his hands.

Liam sighed, "Maybe it's a good idea that you invite them, maybe..."

Louis interrupted him, "No, Liam. It is not." He snapped.

"I'm sorry, Lou," Liam started.

Louis sighed, "Don't. I'm sorry. For snapping. It's just so hard." He took a deep breath, "I don't even talk to any of them anymore. I figured that it'd be easier to forget them if I just, erased them from my life. And anyway, that's what Harry told me to do."

"Where are you going?" Liam asked when Louis stood up.

"I'm going to bed."

"You're not eating anything before?" Liam asked worried.

"I'm not hungry," Louis replied before walking away.

*

But I never told you what I should have said.

No, I never told you. I just had it in.

And now I miss everything about you.

Can't believe that I still want you.

(A/N) 

I'll start writing song lyrics that remind me of this fic. Just because I can :9

And thank you so much for all of the feedback!! I loved it and I love you!! keep it coming! xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
268K 11.2K 40
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹
311K 10.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. โ” Lando Norris x Fem!OC ยฉ KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
147K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...