The New Beta[TeenWolf]

By outlovestyles2

After everything that has happened; from Stiles being controlled by the Nogitsune, to Kira leaving, and now H... More

The Incident
The New Beta
Void Scott
The Confession
The Lie
The Attack pt. 1
The Attack pt. 2
Meeting Red
Sinking Blue
A Work of Art
Identification
Teenage Lovers
Wrong Turn
Flashback

Lucid Dreams

1.8K 45 23
By outlovestyles2

Okay so I finally updated! I am definitely going to try to update more this summer. Thanks for reading and if you've already read the preview, skip to the bullet points :)

Stiles POV

I'm still shook.

For the longest time, all I wanted was for Lydia to look at me the way I look at her, and I got even more when she asked me to prom.

So now I'm at the mall with Scott as we both pick up our tuxes for tomorrow night.

The day has gone well so far, no calls from Chi. The weather is starting to warm up, and so is my dad.

He called me last night, saying that he was fine with me coming home.

"I can't stay mad at you forever, Stiles. And as annoying as you are, the house is too quiet without you. It's time to come home."

Yep, last night was the first night that I had slept in my bed in almost 2 weeks.

It felt good, especially knowing that I wouldn't have to sleep in my car. I already knew that after what happened yesterday, Chi wouldn't forgive me. He doesn't need me anymore anyways, he has Johnathan.

But even with all of that mess, I'm still a teenager and Scott is still my best friend.

A best friend with no date.

"So no date this year, huh?" Scott nodded as he whistled his way through the racks.

Since when does he whistle?

I pressed on as I followed behind him, "And you're sure that you're fine with no date? I mean, you're the hottest guy in school. I'm sure you could find someone by tomorrow--"

"Stiles!" I sighed as he chuckled, "Stiles I'm okay, okay? It's fine. With all that happened, I think this it's for the best."

I nodded, "So if Kira came back..."

He finally looked at me as he sighed, "If Kira came back— who knows. She's in a bad place right now and she needs to focus on herself."

"Scott, it's been months."

"I know, but I need to move on. Now or never, right?"

"Yeah." I tried to sense his mood, but there was no use. A few months ago, Scott had learned how to mask his scent and emotions.

I continued down the racks until I found the tux that Lydia had sent me a picture of. Apparently she had been planning to ask me for a long time, but what happened with Malia set her back.

In fact, today was her memorial at the cemetery. I had proposed the idea last night after Liam and Mason came to help.

So much had happened last night, but that seemed to be one of the things that everyone agreed on.

Malia's dad would even be there. He let us plan the whole thing— which took the entire night.

"YES!" I looked around to find the other guys in the store staring at me. I awkwardly lowered my hands as I silently danced in my head.

I found the tux!

Lydia would have killed me if someone had bought it before I got here. I quickly lifted the hanger from the rack and headed to the front cashier's desk.

I looked back at Scott, shaking the tux in my hand. He threw two thumbs-up before going back to searching for a suit.

"Hm, hm." I turned back to see the old man behind the countering glaring.

He set down his paper as he stretched out his hand, looking up and down between me and the tux.

"Oh!" I exclaimed before setting the tux on the counter, "I-I'd like to buy this one," I said a little too enthusiastically. He sarcastically grimaced before scanning the tag on the tux.

He looked down the tiny computer monitor on his desk before turning it in my direction, "200 hundred and fifty-four dollars."

I could feel my knees weakening at the price.

What the hell Lydia?!

I sighed as I pulled out my wallet, taking out the credit card she had given me. I paid for the tux and waited for the old man to stuff it in the suit bag before handing it to me. I begin to reach for it, but I stop as I hear a voice.

Stiles...

I heard someone whisper. I look at Scott, but he seems to be distracted by something on his phone.

I suddenly feel sick. I clutch my stomach as I fall to my knees. I hunch over as I hear the voice again:

Stiles...

This time it had a sort of horror behind it, it sounding almost tortured. It carries behind it a pain so heavy, I can feel my chest heaving.

Or is it trying to torture me?

I immediately clutch my head as I feel a ringing pang through. The pain continued for what seemed like hours. My brain felt as though it was being repeatedly hit with a barbed-wired bat.

"I can't take it anymore!" I yelled.

My hands find their way to my temples, trying to take away the pain. I let out a roar so loud I could still feel my chest vibrating moments after.

Then it stopped. Everything stopped.

The pain is gone, and I no longer feel sick. My eyes slowly open, but all I can see is darkness.

There was nothing there.

I stood up, trying to regain my balance on what I thought would be the counter, but it was gone: the racks, the grumpy old man, Scott, everything is gone.

"What the hell happened?" I whisper to myself.

"Hello, Stiles."

I adjusted my eyes to the darkness, using my wolf senses to try and find a person, or at this point, a thing.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Who are you?" I yelled out, "What are you?"

The thumping began to get louder and louder and closer. I turn and begin to run. I can't see where I'm running to, but I just knew I have to get away.

There is this terror growing in me, and all I can think about is getting away.

The thumping continued, louder and louder; closer and closer.

Why won't it stop?

I stop. I have been running for what feels like an eternity and all it seems to do is make the annoying sound worse.

I hunch over as I try to catch my breath. Everything suddenly felt began to feel cold. I could feel the hairs on my arms beginning to rise as I stood up straight.

The darkness seemed to gain a life of its own, as if it were a person. It wrapped itself around me, squeezing me so I tight, I can barely move.

"Hello, Stiles".

Not that again!

I feel a cold breathe brush on the back of my neck. I shut my eyes as I wait for a bang, but nothing happens. I feel my heart stop as sense the person moving around me.

"Open your eyes, Stiles".

The pounding suddenly got louder.

Where was it coming from?

I slowly place my hand on my chest as I try to stop by labored breathing from being noticeable, but there's worse.

It was me.

It is me.

The haunting feeling I felt from the thumping, the torture and horror.

Everything became clear.

The voice, the running, the darkness; it all seemed too familiar.

I felt another breath, this time on my face. They are standing right in front of me, and I know exactly who it is.

I look up with my eyes closed as I slowly begin to open them. This time everything was brighter. I was no longer in a dark hole, but in what seemed to be a hollow, white room. I looked up at the white, flashing lights, and then back down to see him.

To see... me.

"You"

"Me," he said as he flashed his devilish smile. "I'm back."

::::

"You're gone," I managed to stumble out after minutes of silence, "You're supposed to be gone."

He began to laugh maniacally. A dark and twisted laugh that churned my insides with every wave. He continued to walk around me with his infamous staggered walk, but this time he looked stronger.

How?

How can he possibly be stronger? How can he be here?

"There's nothing you can do, you can't control me anymore; I'm a werewolf now."

He paused again, "I know, I could smell your stench all the way to my grave."

He laughed again. I could feel my hands getting sweatier by the minute. Scott's not here to help me, I have no idea what to do.

"Are you scared?" I could feel my hands uncontrollably shaking. I tried to stop them, but as usual my brain had another plan.

He'd probably seen them shake.

I looked back at him as my answer. Once he was in front of me again, he stopped. For a moment I could sense him. I used my scenting abilities as best as I could, but I could only get a sliver of what I felt was fear.

Fear?

What could he possibly be afraid of?

The scent was gone as quickly as it came, a short moment of weakness.

"Stiles—" He uttered, but before he could finish he let out a shriek. He reached for him torso in trying to stop the pain, but his bandaged hands did him no good.

I closed my eyes as his screams started to fade away. The softer and further away they became, the more human he sounded.

I couldn't move, even though something felt different. Something felt really wrong.

"Stiles!" A distant voice called out.

I shut my eyes tighter. "It's just him, he was tricking you, it's a trick."

"Stiles!" I opened my eyes as the voice yelled right in my ear. I opened my eyes but I couldn't see a thing. My vision began to adjust as I looked around.

I looked down to see that I was on my knees, my claws deep into my palms by now.

"Stiles, we need to go right now."

I was suddenly lifted up. I felt to weak to move on my own so I let the person carry me.

I looked to my left to see the old man still behind the register; his eyes wide as he stared back at me. I looked down at my dragging feet to see red tracks behind left behind me.

The bell on the store door rang as we left the store. I was quickly rushed into a car. I still couldn't feel my face and my head hurt like hell.

"Stiles wake up!"

I am awake.

The words couldn't leave my mouth.

I gulped in hopes of trying wet my throat enough so I could speak.

I tried to adjust my throbbing head so I could see whom ever it was that had brought me here, but they had already shut the car door. I slowly managed to turn my head to the other side to see them getting in the car.

I tried to adjust my blurry vision, but my head hurt too much to do much of anything but stare. The person appeared to be a girl, her hair brown with blonde streaks at the bottoms. She didn't appear too tall but not too short either; definitely shorter than me.

I tried reaching for her shoulder but she lowered my hand before it even left my lap, "It's okay, Stiles, you're alright."

I blinked over and over trying to make sense of what I was seeing. Her voice was familiar. Something in my knew her.

"It's probably just my head" I thought, "We've been driving for a while now; it's just motion sickness."

"Stiles?" She looked back at me as my vision finally cleared.

I felt my head pound at who I was seeing.

Was I dreaming? Hallucinating? Were the nightmares going to start again?

How could she be here?
"It's okay, Stiles," she smiled, "It's just me. I saw him. I saw him, Stiles. I won't let him get you."

"Malia?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130 2 17
With the start of the third grade, Stiles Stilinski moves into a town called Beacon Hills. Upon arriving he joins a friendship with Scott McCall, and...
43 2 2
Theo Raeken was dead set on leaving Beacon Hills, after sticking around the hellhole for almost three years after he was pulled out of the ground. So...
565 18 16
Scott and Lydia go inside Stiles (currently possessed by the nogitsune) mind to try and get him to take control. But what if the Nogitsune had a diff...
3.8K 127 10
It has been four years since Stiles said goodbye to Beacon Hills. Four years he has spent mainly on his own trying to get away from the pain he felt...