Dancing Flames (Pranushka sto...

Autorstwa sryscribbles

An intriguing story that unfolds in the delphic village of Kamarottu. Genre - Mystery Thriller Disclaimer: T... Więcej

Mission Anashku
The Mysterious Box
Kamarottu Grama
Ambiguity
New People New Problems
My Inamorata
Sphinx or Jinx
The Recrudesce
Braided Realities
He's Hungry!
Suspect or not?
Angaara
Harini Ranganath
The Accident
My Vihaan
Story Alert!
Fixing the Puzzle
On my way to you!
It's You Forever
Epilogue
New Story Alert!

Investigation

456 50 69
Autorstwa sryscribbles

Before I begin, I wanna thank my endearing friends Radhika and Deva for taking out time to make these incredible posters! These are precious guys! Don't y'all think!😃 Loads and loads of love to you! 😘😍

                     Radhika402

DevaDDK

......................................................................
"Anna, is Akka fine? Did she regain consciousness?"
Rafiq, who was waiting at the entrance by the jeep, shot questions at Vihaan who was in no state to answer. Girija stood at a little distance next to a tree, listening to them.

"Get in."

"But Anna!"

"There's not much time. Hmm!" he motioned his chin at the steering.
- - - - -

Ching Ching Ching Ching

Sandhya was startled to hear the horrible noise again. She quickly stiffened seeing the lights go off and sensed a figure swiftly pass by the room door.
She sounded like a patient whose oxygen mask was removed forcefully, as her body shuddered in fear. Moving to the living area, she took a gander after the imparities restrained.

Before she could breathe completely, the anklets chimed above her head making her choke. She wiped her forehead with her back of her palms and shifted her sight to the ceiling.
All the senses prorogated.

Clunging to the pillar was the same person in the yakshagana outfit. He spread his arms and legs wide as he swooped in the air towards her.

"Vihaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- - - - -

The village was hit by a terrible storm when a vehicle pulled over by Kamarottu's dainty police station.

"Take a break Mister. Sir will arrive soon."

Vihaan banged the table fisting both his hands.
"Is it so difficult to register a complaint? I've been telling you this is urgent! Why isn't the situation sinking into that brain of yours!" he bawled in front of the heedless policeman. Soon he felt a sting on his cheek and with the support of the wall faced a man who was almost his height and a few years elder than him.
His hair and coat was drenched in the rainwater and the rage in his eyes was evident.

"There are three things that annoy me! One, calling me here when I'm off duty. Two, shouting in my station and three, questioning me regarding my--" he barked.

"Listen Inspector--"

"No one should interrupt when I am talking!" he raised his finger at Vihaan.
"Constable, go get me a tea!" he ordered pulling his chair. Snapping his fingers, he signalled Vihaan to take a seat opposite to him.
"Yes, you! Come here." he repeated.
"Tell me what your problem is."

"My wife is missing. She's pregnant. Almost eight months."

"From how many days?" he asked still writing something on a few papers.

"Nearly two hours."

The inspector lifted his head and frowned staring at him. In a few seconds, he cackled clapping his hands surprising Vihaan.
"Do I look like a fool? If I start taking cases like this, we'd have to open a separate counter. Go home man! She might be at her friend or relative's house."

"There's no one she knows here. Besides, she wasn't in a condition to even walk."

Cleaning his ear with the end of a pen, "Have any jewels, money or valuables been misplaced?"

"No."

"Do the furniture, windows or doors look mishandled?"

"No."

"Then how can register this case Mister? If she can't walk, maybe someone has taken her out."

"Didn't I just tell we don't know anyone in this place!" he pushed away from the table.

"Hey! I said, no shouting! I don't like that."

Vihaan inhaled to calm himself.
"OK, listen. Two days back, someone fired a bullet at me. Go interrogate him."

"Whoa whoa whoa! Hold your horses right there. I know my job. Now you give an explanation about that attack on you. Why didn't you file a complaint against him?"

"I didn't feel that was so important then."

The inspector continued his laughing spree adding fuel to Vihaan's temper.

"A guy shot you with a gun and you didn't even bother. But now you're here to complain that your wife is missing from two hours?"

"We are waisting time!"

"YOU are wasting time! Something's sure fishy. You are playing games here. Aren't you?" his voice lowered.
"Or else, she must've eloped with someone. Who could it be? Wait! What if it's the guy who attacked you! Yes, that's why he shot you!"

"What did you say!"
Vihaan sprung from his chair over the counter and grabbed the officer's collar firmly pushing him back. The constables hurried over and dragged him to the cellar while the latter shook his head vigourously and fixed his dress.
- - - - -

Kalinga rushed to his chamber where he saw someone checking the envelopes in a gunny bag which was lying on a stool.

"Lady lady at my stall, you seem to be curious of them all?" he sung.

"I-I'm sorry. I thought this place was vacant, I mean without people."

"No issues. Sit down please. Tell me, how may I help you?"

"Namasthe. My name's Janani. I wanted to ask you about a post box number here?"

"Now would you look at that? I better not delay in applying for a few post boxes. It would definitely be useful since people are actually coming to this post office!" he chuckled.

"Maybe. But I needed information, that's it. Umm.. You said people are coming over here lately. Mind if I question who that is?"

"Oh! The person wanted me to keep it confidential madam. How can I--"

"Please! It's important. The person's my.. well wisher."

"Well.... I'll inform him the next time he visits. If he permits, I will surely disclose it!"

"Great! Until then, I will disturb you everyday at this time."
Flashing a smile, she picked her bag and scurried to the door scrolling the screen of her cellphone and bumped into Shankar master.

"Oh dear! I'm sorry, I really am!" she apologized walking out.

Kalinga giggled at the perplexed old man.
"What is this master? Had you been to any performances?"
He wiped a black mark on the man's chin.

"Ahh! It's that wrecked scooter of mine again."

"Buy a new car! You are obsessed with that scooter of yours I tell you."
- - - - -
The station echoed with whistling sounds as the officer used his two fingers to spin a small globe on his table, eyeing Vihaan who was face was bruised and lit a cigarette.

"Sandhya Suvarna, eh? When was the last time you saw your wife?"

"Approximately at six in the evening."

"And you've been married for?"

"Six years."

"Had you two fought or had any misunderstanding in this span?"

"No."

"Do you have a picture of her atleast? A recent one."

"She never fancied the idea of taking pictures of herself."

"How about your wedding album?"

"All that was burnt during the gas explosion at our previous dwelling."

Vihaan did not pay attention to the officer's laughter that thundered.

"Are you story-telling? Anyway, which color dress was your wife wearing this evening?"

"A black saree."

"Do you know any of your neighbors?"

"There's an old woman named Manjakku and I also know her daughter-in-law Girija."

"Was there anyone with you when you last saw your wife?"

"Rafiq. My driver. We had gone to the clinic together."

He rubbed his stubble and stuck his eyes to Vihaan who was cleaning the blood at the corner of his lips and nose.
......................................................................

Dennana dennana! Tulunada seemeda.. Kamarottu Gramoodu.. Guddeda bhūtha unte ye!!

Who is the suspect? 😨
Things are getting complicated, aren't they?
I'd be delighted to see you making a few guesses and sharing your opinion about it guys! Please!
Let's all solve this mystery together! It'll be fun.
Sandhya needs our help or should I say Vihaan does?

Hit that star and type a comment regarding your thoughts about this one please! 😁

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

10.7K 616 5
True Love has a habit of coming back!!! {Five Parts Story on Pranushka} Cover Design By: @DrabbleLove (Enchanted Graphics)
3.1K 223 28
Note: This novel is inspired by the Telugu hit film Ek Niranjan directed by Puri Jagannath Summary: At the age of three, Ram was kidnapped by a middl...
50K 4.1K 48
What if Amarendra and Devasena met again, in the next life, only to rediscover their past? Devasena wakes up in a mysterious palace. Jolting through...
1.9K 92 16
GENRE : thriller .......... A mistake done by the royal family in the past causes a problem to the whole kingdom. The whole kingdom suffers because o...