Modern Vampire

By WritingMyHeart

A whole week is missing from Crystal's life, only in that week her life transformed into something different... More

Modern Vampire
How It Begins; the prologue
(1) Wake Up Call
(2) Nicholas Imalogalu
(3) Velvet Blood
(4) Confession
(5) Ryan
(7) Zombie Smasher
(8) Secrets
(9) Night Time Visit
Author's Note
(10) Grey Eyes
(11) Date Night
(12) Back to School
(13) Order In

(6) A Day Of Firsts'

184 14 4
By WritingMyHeart

Surrounded by blue sky, emerald softness beneath my feet. I’m standing on a hill... the same hill I was on with Lord Khalunga, I am positive it is the exact same place. Everything is clear but me, I am in my body but I am seeing things as if I am looking from the outside, I’m faded kind of ghost like. I’m standing behind two people, humming I try to grab their attention, nope. Boldly I attempt to dance around them like an insane monkey... they can’t see or hear me.

The two people are Lord Khalunga and Olivia. I feel almost glad that they are completely oblivious to me. He is talking to Olivia. Even though I am standing close their voices are muffled. I can’t quite hear what he is saying I can only make out certain sentences.

“Olivia I am the god Khalunga you probably haven’t ever heard of me, until now. I am in charge of everything on earth the mortals and immortals and creatures,” He says.

 I can’t quite make out what Olivia says and what he says after her. Why am I here if  can't hear what is going on? Perhaps Khalunga purposely put me in this dream so I can hear only parts I just don’t understand why Olivia is talking to him and what he wants with her.

“Olivia you have to understand your friend Crystal didn’t have a choice to be a Vampire I know you must feel weird and be a bit frightened but she won’t hurt you she will never hurt any of the one’s she loves at least not intentionally she cares about you a lot she also depends on you a lot. She needs your help even if she doesn’t show it,” He says.

There is a slow pleasant breeze in the air.

“Guide her, always be there for her she is not as strong as she looks well not emotionally, and just because she is now a Vampire don’t push her away she is still the exact same person as she was before she became a Vampire nothing or much has changed about her,” He says.

It seems everyone has to guide me, Lord Khalunga sure thinks so. Why all the protection? What fear does have he concerning me?

“OK I understand but I need to ask something...  will my brother Ryan be okay when she tells him?” She says, it seems she also entwined with his every word.

“All I can say is he will take it as a shock...” He replies, he looks over his shoulder.  I think he is checking if I am still listening to them, I just stand and listen but I can’t hear any more of the conversation... I’m disappearing away from them, floating  away into far darkness.

I wake up. I’m lying on Ryan’s bed, his heated embrace tells me that I am still  lying in his arms. I open my eyes; he is staring at me. His green eyes focused on me, and me alone. His face concentrating on me. I can't help but  smile at him. He is the most perfect sight to see first thing in the morning. We look into each other’s eyes, this I could continue to do forever and a day.  His eyes look soft and gentle, looking into his eyes is like looking into a beautiful lagoon of magic and life.

 He bends his head down near mine he slowly pulls me closer to him. He touches my cheek and slowly presses his soft damp lips against mine. I freeze, I don't kiss back or anything. His lips are actually on mine, my body urges to touch him and finally feel his lips. It seems his kiss has just made my body fail me.  It’s so romantic and hot. He pulls back smirking fully aware of his effect on me.

"I thought you missed me Crystal?" He teases, I do.

I won't let my body fail me again. I push myself forward, this time it's my cold lips clashing against his tender ones. I kiss him passionately. Our lips mould together, everything in me wants this. I wrap my arms around his neck tasting him. His lips push hard against mine, I put all of me into this one kiss despite the butterflies and every bone in me mushing into jelly. 

I break the kiss but stay close to him "I told you and I meant it," I breathe, no control over my voice it comes out husky.

"I don't quite believe you," He mutters chewing on his lip, before I can respond he steals another kiss from me. The taste of him is like candy to my lips. His lips are on mine and it feels like heavenly magic. This is exactly what I've been waiting for since I got here! If I could kiss him every second of the day then I would.

He pulls away and just smiles at me. He looks like a handsome sexy devil like angel. He pulls me closer and holds onto me I cuddle up to him. He kisses the top of my head. This guy can't get anymore amazing.

I lift up a bit and look around Marcus and Olivia is nowhere to be seen.

“They are in Olivia’s room in bed Olivia fell asleep so Marcus carried her to bed and he didn’t come back and we fell asleep together,” Ryan says with a sweet innocent smile which I adore very much, oh yeah I remember now.

He is mine, even if it isn't official. I can't tell him not yet, not when things are going so well for us. It's the first time in a long time that I've felt this happy, and it's because of this fine specimen that I am laying with.

The alarm clock catches my attention is that really the time? It reads 07:05 I feels like much later. Hang on, what was Ryan doing awake before 7AM? He turns over to look at the source which holds my gaze.

"Damn I haven't been awake this early since well I can't remember ever waking up this early!" He laughs.

"What should we do?" I ask, please say cuddle and talk, please.

"I have a fun idea," He smirks wiggling his eye brows.

"Not a chance!" I snort.

"Well what do you think ever guy wants first thing in the morning?" He huffs in a matter of fact way, he pulls away

I sit up, pouting with my hands on my hips.

"Breakfast!" He announces grinning holding his arms in the air. He lifts himself up and plants one soft single kiss on my neck. He stands, he looks in his drawers pulling out two tops. He throws one at me and with the other one he puts on a unit and he heads for the door.

"And where do you think you're going?" I holler after him, he turns around smiling.

"In the shower, you're welcome to join me if you wish?" He winks at me, I roll my eyes as a response.

"Fine your loss, I will have fun by myself if that's the case, I won't be long you just get ready do whatever you girls do in the morning," with that he leaves me alone in his room while he goes off to shower.

I want nothing more than to join him in the shower but I don't think either of us is ready for that, despite his attempt to tease and tempt me. I lay back on his bad, sinking into his pillows. Hugging his blanket, they all have his sexy scent on them.

He probably won't take too long in the shower so I better get changed, I wonder if Olivia would mind if I borrowed some of her shorts? I mean she borrows my clothes so I don't think she will be too fussed.

Quietly I sneak out of Ryan's bedroom, slowly I open Olivia's bedroom door. I can't help but smile at the sight. Marcus and Olivia cuddling, holding each other sound asleep. Making sure not to disturb them and I grab a pair of Olivia's shorts and head back into Ryan's room. I undress so that I am only in my underwear and bra. I pull on the shorts, they fit perfectly. My back is turned to the door, I look around for the shirt Ryan threw at me, it lays on the bed.

"Missing something?" Ryan laughs quickly grabbing the shirt, great. I raise a brow at him.

"You can have my shirt, but you just gotta come and get it," His voice is metallic and alluring only then I realize he is only wearing his boxers, my eyes skim over his body. oh wow. I can't reply, he's gorgeous, I've seen him shirtless before but not like this, his skin still wet from his shower his hair messy and damp.

"You don't look too bad yourself Hobknockle!" He grins, so typical of Ryan.

"Give me the shirt Ryan?" I ask trying to make eye contact, my eyes want to look everywhere but his face damn those abs.

"Come and get it, I won't move I promise!" He looks at me innocently, despite this I still don't believe him.

I walk over to him slowly, this time I know he's looking at my body. His eyes linger at my chest, my skin tingles as he doesn't look away. It feels good knowing he wants me, he chews his lower lip.  He likes my body, that's a relief. I am beside him, he turns to me, grinning. This time his eyes lift from my chest.

"Are you going to give me it or not?" I ask folding my arms over my chest.

"Well personally I would prefer if you didn't wear my shirt or any shirt in fact, but I mean I couldn't have any other guys looking at you the way I do can I? There's one last thing you have to do though," He flirts moving closer to me, our bodies almost flush against one another. His chest inches from mine. His scent takes my breathe away. I grin at his comment.

"Hmm really?" I muster, he bends his head towards mine, our noses touching, looking into each other's eyes. I want him, no I need him. His lips almost touch mine, the spark burns inside of me, I can almost taste him. Then again...

Seconds before he is about to kiss me I manage to loosen his grip from the shirt, I grin and take a step back he looks at me slightly confused. I hold up the shirt triumphantly, he frowns at me. I take another step back, it's great having one up on him. Without warning he grabs me, pulling me to the bed playfully, he attempts to tickle me. It doesn't work, oh. After his attempts and me laughing at him he pulls way but hovers over me with both arms above me.

"You're not ticklish anymore... you used to be the most ticklish person I know," He says with disappointment in his tone, oh I guess being a vampire changes certain things, but I can't exactly tell him that. In response I just shrug my shoulders, what else am I able to do?

He sighs "Let's go out for breakfast," He lifts up from me and heads for the door.

"Ryan?"

"What?" he turns back.

"You've forgotten something..." I laugh.

"What is that exactly?" His tone dripping with annoyance, when did he get a temper on him?

Grabbing my shirt well Ryan's shirt I begin to pull it on, I can feel him watching me. "You're practically wearing no clothes,"

This makes him grin, he looks down at himself and realizes that I am in fact correct.

"Oh will you look at that you're right," He teases. I lay on his bed watching him, he watches me watching him. He pulls on a shirt, it slips over his abs covering them up. He walks around to the other side of the room, not taking his eyes off me he pulls out a pair of jeans from his drawers.

"You like what you see?" He flirts pulling on his jeans.

"Every single bit!" I respond truthfully.

Without warning he walks over towards me, I watch him. He picks me up and I let him. There is no struggle, it's as if he is picking up a pillow. I wonder if I am heavier or lighter since I am now a vampire.

His plants a kiss on my lips but pulls away before I can indulge. He carries be bridal style out of his room, and down the stairs but as soon as we reach the door he puts me down, he sends me a look that could possibly say; you didn't think I was carrying you the whole way there did you or yeah let's go eat!

"Where you two going at stupid o'clock in the morning?" Ryan's aunt hollers from what sounds like the kitchen. Ryan and Olivia live with their aunt.

"I'm taking Crystal for Breakfast," Ryan replies while we both put our trainers on.

"Okay come here so I can give you money and I need to see you alone about something," She hollers.

"I need to go upstairs and grab my phone anyways!" I say heading for the stairs while Ryan goes tp talk to his Aunt.

I look in Ryan's room, it's not in there. I guess it must be in Olivia's room, quietly once again I enter the room. My phone is on the cabinet next to the door thankfully, I must have dumped it there when I was about unload onto Olivia yesterday.

I leave the room grabbing my purse alongside my phone, checking it while I go down the stairs, Ryan is waiting for me at the bottom. I fit my small purse in my pocket; I look up and he smiles at me rather awkwardly, he needs me and this is Crystal and Ryan time so I ignore the messages and put my phone in my back pocket, as we leave I grab his hand.

As we get on the bus he says strictly by my side, not much conversation  passes between us but it doesn't matter because each other's company is all we need. He sits down next to me, I watch him. He's gripping my hand tightly, he keeps looking around. I think he's nervous, but what about? I squeeze his hand but I get no response, watching I turn and kiss him on the cheek. This does the trick, he turns to me and smiles.

"What was that for?" He asks his voice soft. I respond by shrugging my shoulders. He grins letting go of my hand, he wraps his arm around my shoulder and I sink into. him The journey will roughly be twenty minutes.

His scent is captivating, looking up at him I can't help but admire him. His attitude has changed since yesterday, he's happier. His skin looks lightly tanned. His jawline solid and straight, I want to kiss it, every inch of it. His arm around me makes me feel secure, my body fits into his perfectly. He really is a beautiful being. The bus bell rings for out stop, reluctantly I stand up. Ryan follows me, standing directly behind me with his hands on my waist. It's nice that he wants us to be close just as much as I do.

We walk side by side, he leads me into the cafe. It's in the center of the city, and it serves the best food in the world, wait can I even eat human food? I can't exactly make a scene, perhaps it's worth a try. Ryan gestures for me to take a seat whilst he goes and orders food at the till, we've been here before together, not alone together though only surrounded with friends. This is probably the first time we've hung out together outside of each other's homes, and school alone. My phone buzzes, it's an unknown number, before answering I check on Ryan. He's standing in the queue with hands in his jeans pockets and tapping his foot.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Crystal hi, it's me Nicholas," Oh how did he get my number, wait why do I even bother questioning his actions or his ways, he knows best.

"What do you want?" I reply bluntly.

"Check you Miss Rude! I was calling to tell you that it will more than likely okay if you eat human substances," I swear he is a mind reader, but it's broad daylight and he can't be out so...

"What do you mean by more than likely, why not a hundred percent positive?" I question.

"You're a new breed, a new creation so you're unpredictable but Ryan is coming back so I will see you when you get home," He answers then quickly hangs up, great he's spying on me.

"Who was that?" Ryan asks concerned sitting in the seat opposite to mine.

"My granddad, being his usual pain the ass, he's going away for a couple of weeks to Alaska or something," I lie, Ryan nods shrugging it off.

We are served breakfast, five plate sized pancakes dripping with ice cream and smothered in chocolate sauce. Before starting we exchange a grin, I like that about being with Ryan I am completely comfortable with him. We both devour our food, the flavours explode in my mouth. The chocolate richer than ever, the fluffiness of the pancake soothing my tongue. I have had pancakes from this place hundreds of time and they have never tasted this good before. Once I'm done I sink into my seat leaning back letting the food settle. Ryan finishes up sipping at his coffee, me however I tasted mine and it was disgusting, usually I would adore coffee from here but this time round it tastes like dirt.

"That was insanely amazing!" I let out.

"It tasted the same as usual," He snorts, so he isn't tasting what I taste?

"Crystal I need to talk to you about something," He speaks, this time he doesn't meet my eyes.

"Sure thing now or do you want to go somewhere else?" Something isn't right.

"Not here walk with me," He mutters standing, we tuck our chairs in,  thanking the staff before leaving.

He grabs my hand tightly, he leads me further up the street. Shops lay adjacent from one another they isn't a single space between them. It's the same on both sides, colours changing with each shop. When you walk down or up this part of the center of town you feel like you're crossing a rainbow. I'm not a huge fan of shopping, I find it almost boring.

He stops at a dark wooden bench, the decorlouring in the seat shows that this bench has been around for at least twenty years. He sighs sitting down, he elbows resting on his knees he buries his head into the palms of his hands. His body moves up and down, his breathing is heavy.

I automatically put my arm around him "It's okay everything will be okay," I plant a soft kiss on his neck, he lifts his face, his eyes red and his cheeks stained.

Pushing myself forward I wrap my arms around him, he wraps his arms around as his head sinks into my shoulder, he breathes against my neck. I hug him tightly, planting kisses on the top of his head.

Still holding onto me he lifts his head so our eyes are the same level "I have something important to tell you, I'm not proud of it but I have to tell you otherwise things will only get worse," his voice shakes, this isn't the Ryan I know, this helpless innocent being before my eyes is broken, broken and I hadn't even noticed before this, what have I done?

"You can tell me anything Ryan, you've got me, you've got me for good," I reply, a soft sad smiles appears on his wet lips, he's vulnerable right now.

"HEY GUYS THOUGHT YOU COULD ESCAPE WITHOUT US?" Olivia's voice shrieks walking towards us, Ryan huffs. I look  behind him, Marcus is with her. She stops in her tracks, she knows something is wrong. I send her a look to back off.

"Typical Olivia," He mutters wiping his eyes with the back of his hand, he pulls away but still has his back turned to Olivia.

I reach out to him, pressing my face to his our noses touching "It will be okay, I promise," he leans forward planting a kiss on my lips before standing up. Whatever it is, it's eating at him pretty bad. He was like this yesterday too,  moments away from opening up to me. Only this time he was going to  tell me. I feel guilty and annoyed at the same time.

He runs his hands through his hair straightening himself up, I rise to his side grabbing his hand.

"So we need some serious shopping done," Olivia chirps heading towards us again. Ryan rolls his heavy eyes at hers.

"Zombie smasher tomorrow night, Crystal you haven't forgotten have you?" Olivia questions standing with her hands on her hips.

"Oh, I think I will give it a miss!" Parties are the last thing I need to be attending right now.

 "Come on it's fancy dress, Ryan is coming, aren't you?" Marcus chimes in.

Ryan looks down at me with an odd expression on his face "Only if Crystal will be there!"

"Well that's sorted. We can go at vampires, everybody loves vampires," Olivia coos, I send her a look. Why is she trying to drop me in it?

"Yeah we all love a killing blood sucker!" Ryan snorts, I can't help but feel slightly wounded, Olivia sends me an apologetic look.

"Please! I will be the best damn sexiest hottest blood sucker you will ever lay eyes on!" I announce swaying my hips at Ryan, he laughs.

"You girls go shop and we guys will chill!" Marcus says clapping his hands together, I think he is probably going to have one of those bro talks.

"What about your costumes?" Olivia pouts at Marcus, in sync me and Ryan both roll our eyes.

"We can sort our own shizz out now leave!" Ryan demands, Olivia takes a stand back startled. Before his comment really effects her I pull her away, waving goodbye I drag her into the shop.

~.~

 I sync into the sofa with my shopping bags surrounding me, I spent pretty much at least four hours shopping with Olivia, whilst Marcus and Ryan apparently went to the arcade, doubt it. Marcus dropped me off before Ryan and Olivia, since Ryan's break down he's been distancing himself from me, so I didn't even get a kiss goodbye. Although I can't complain he's been more than amazing most of the day, especially this morning.

I can't get the image of him practically crying in front of me out of my head. What has sent him over the edge? Was it  my absence?

"Yeah we all love a killing blood sucker!" I definitely can't tell him now, maybe he was joking but can I really take the chance? Although this party tomorrow night, The Zombie Smasher will be good. I will be coming as a vampire, which won't take much. What it means is that I can relax a little, of course I won't be biting or eating anything anytime soon but I'm sure I can find someway for Ryan to appreciate my vampire 'costume'.  Maybe the party will loosen him up, get him to relax a little. 

It's kind of daunting that it will be the last official thing before school starts again, there's always a party that kind of closes up the Summer holidays. Looking around all my shopping bags scattered on the floor around the sofa, I bought a lot considering I was only looking for an outfit for the party. Shopping with Olivia, despite worrying about Ryan, was actually enjoyable, that's definitely a first.

Where's Nicholas?

I rise from the sofa, in vampire speed I check the entire house, he isn't anywhere to be seen. He's probably hiding, it is still light outside. Shrugging his absence off I head into my bedroom, smiling as I notice I am still wearing Ryan's shirt. I take off Olivia's shorts replacing when with grey sweat pants and I return into the living room. The sofa looks particular comfy today. Walking over I jump onto it sprawling out, it feels so good to just be lazy for a change.

I could really do with a power nap...

I am in school, the hallways are empty. The floors are dirty covered in squished bugs, the lockers are no longer usable they are folded in on themselves. The walls are ruined, almost ready to crumble.  Looking around  there is no one in sight just me and Olivia side by side. We are in our school uniform, shirts tie and skirts. Only we have our hair tied back, belts made of ammo. We are armed from head to toe with  weaponry, and we're on a serious mission.

We search every classroom from top to bottom. It’s beyond weird and very strange to say at the least. There is too much silence, surely we can't be the only people here otherwise our mission would be pointless... there has to be something up?

I step out of one classroom and Olivia steps out of the next. We look at each other I know she is thinking the same thing I am; like something isn’t right. We both walk over to the middle of the corridor next to the faded mangled water fountain. We don’t know what to do.

“This is very peculiar don’t you think? Where have they gone? Why aren’t they attacking us? They couldn’t just disappear like that could they?” Olivia says in a worried tone, we look in all directions but no sign of anything.

“Yes very very peculiar... I’m not too sure about any of this to be honest. They couldn't have just disappeared... there is no way out only by the secret magical trap door which only you know how to use,” I respond.

All of a sudden there are footsteps coming towards us from all directions and angles; behind, in front of and all around us. We are being swarmed by an army of vile creatures. They are zombies, horrible repugnant creatures. An army of the green coated  dead.  Some have scratches and scars whilst others have limbs hanging off them. It isn’t a pretty side at all. If I was undead my stomach would be churning rapidly right now.

The crowd of zombies in front of us are splitting in halve down the middle as if they were making some sort of pathway. Please tell me that there isn't a bigger version of these things? A guy walks towards us. I’m guessing he’s their king he is wearing royal ruby red robes and a very expensive looking crown. He's alive I think. As soon as he becomes closer  I realize who he is... it's Ryan. Me and Olivia are completely shocked and lost for words. He steps in front of us and grins at me.

“Wow what a nice surprise to find you hear you traitor, you cold hearted bitch how’s life been? Well how can life feel when you're nothing but a dead person!" He spits.

“What’s up? Cat got your tongue,” He taunts with the most humid laughter

"Wow still a self-centered prick I see,” Olivia says with fear trembling in her voice, if that was her attempt to sound tough it failed. I'm frozen to the spot unable to respond.

He just laughs he seems quite amused by this remark.

“I’ve had enough of you too, you make me sick enjoy being eating alive,” He says scowling.

Before we can reply he disappears and all of a sudden all of the zombies come towards us trying to attack. They look hungry as if they would eat anything edible in sight, which I’m guessing is us two.

We pull out our swords and other useful weapons.

“You take the front I take the back,” I say to Olivia.

She just nods eyeing up her targets. I do a back flip glide in the air above the zombies I have my sword in hand. I slice heads off many zombies at once;  it’s like one of those cool zombie games and I’m definitely going to win. I land in the middle of them I do sidekicks, throw knives towards them never missing. I pull out my Aka 47 and shoot at them constantly,  I feel like a female version of Tony Montana.

“Say hello to my little friend,” I murmur.

There is endless amount of zombies are appearing from nowhere. Where are the coming, is Ryan breeding this things or something?

I notice that Olivia is nowhere to be seen but there is an odd crowd of zombies crowding around something or someone. I make my way through the crowd killing and barging past zombies doing so. They are crowding around Olivia she is badly injured and almost dead lying on the floor. Her blood creating puddles, zombies fall the ground trying to taste it.

I quickly bend down pick her up and throw her over my shoulder before one of them starts eating her. In vampire speed I take her into a quite empty classroom and lay her on the desk. She only has moments to live. My fangs appear and I bite into my arm and open her mouth quickly and let my silky ruby red blood pour down her throat. It is the only solution. I hope it will help.

she turns cold with  no movement; She is dead! I turn away and weep, something inside me forces me to t turn back round again her eyes suddenly open and she sits up, she looks so very alive but she is very weak the blood will still be circulating around her body... it hasn’t fully repaired her yet. I'm thankful this means I haven't turned her. I’m so happy she is alright, I've got her back no matter the circumstance.  I wrap my arms around her and hug her. She hugs me back weakly.

She whispers in my ear “Thanks,”

I’m so happy that she is alive; I think she is too. There is a rattle in the corner I turn around and there is Ryan he looks surprised I don’t say anything neither does Olivia; I don’t think she has even noticed he is there.There is a deadly silence in the air. I don’t know what to do I can’t hurt him I love him.  He stands staring at me, bewildered by confusion.

“Why aren’t you attacking me already? You monster go on then be done with it”, He shouts making his words bounce from each wall making an echo.

I just look at him I feel sorry for him, but he is right why haven’t I attacked him already?Why haven’t I killed him? For everything he has done setting zombies onto us, me I understand why but his own sister who would be dead right now if it wasn’t for me. I pick Olivia up and safely place her in a safe corner so she can’t be harmed and so she can rest to repair.I move slightly forward towards Ryan. He scarcely moves back. I just smirk. I can't help being turned, I am a vampire and if he thinks me being dead is a better option his has another thing coming.

“Wow not much of a big man now asshole! I guess it’s just me and you now... tell me one thing why haven’t you attacked by now?  you yourself you have had a chance to when I was healing your sister you could of put a stake right through my heart and killed me there and then and you knew you could but why didn’t you? You're too scared? Or is it the fact that you have feelings for me still?” I mock

I can see he is getting pretty pissed off.

“Well guess what honey? it’s my turn now,” I say

And before he can even think about it I have him against the wall.Our faces are about 10 inches apart. The fear is trembling off him. I can see the fear in his eyes, deep inside it is killing me but I ignore it. I can’t let it soften me, I am a 'monster' after all... My fangs appear and I put my mouth on the skin of his neck.

“Any last words?”I say

“Yeah fuck you bitch,” He replies.

Out of nowhere he regains strength and turns me around and pins me against the wall with the stake in his right hand.  he is aiming it. I feel scared and vulnerable as if my Vampire powers have been sucked from me. I let the feelings deep within take over me.

“Now who is scared? I have the upper hand on this one now. Hold still this will most definitely hurt,” He chuckles.

I shut my eyes tightly hoping this will all be over. But nothing changes; there is no stake in my heart I’m not dyeing.

Reluctantly I open my eyes and Ryan is just standing there his eyes meet mine and he drops the stake. But he still has me pinned. He eyes are full of sorrow and love. He just rests his head on my shoulder, breathing heavily. Sighing he turns away, walking away from me.

He has given up... He just walks away. I don’t try to stop him I can’t; he just kind of saved me.

I wake up in shock. I’m gasping for my breath. Nicholas is holding me close to his chest. He is stroking my hair calming me down.  Looking around I notice I’m  in my bed;  he must have carried me from the chair.

“Ssh calm down little one, everything is okay it was just a bad dream,” He says and kisses the top of my head.

“But, but it felt so real,” I whisper.

I rest my head on his chest as he cradles me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 287K 101
In this life, a human without the money to pay for their own life is worth nothing. Take those humans in as property, breed them, and you'll end up l...
763K 20.2K 64
What happens when you're sold to a pureblood vampire? ~ Brittany, a fifteen year old girl is sold to a pureblood vampire Prince. Purebloods are consi...
1.6M 98K 37
*COMPLETED* (08.05.20) Noah Sorin is a 17-year-old genius who is sent on a mission to the Elite high school, Bran Prep High. His investigation? Vampi...
161K 5.9K 68
𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋 π‘π‘πžπš, 𝐚 seventeen-year-old girl, her mom, and her fifteen-year-old brother π‘πšπŸπž moves to a new home 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭...