Is it really worth it at the...

By just_a_dreamer_123

Mark is in love with his hot cheerleader sister's boyfriend, jake the quaterback. What is he to do, and as ea... More

Crush.
A new friend.
The call.
Unwanted call.

The fight

24.8K 586 94
By just_a_dreamer_123

Mark's pov

I didn't realize how much Jake and Kim's making up affected me until I drank my fifth bottle of beer. I mean, what the fuck? Why can't Jake see how sneaky Kim is? It's not the first time she has cheated.

"Dude.....see that girl over there" Sam runs up to me pointing at a random girl I am not even interested in.

I squint my eyes to the direction and see a blonde. Gosh she looks slutty "the slut over there?" I ask.

He ignores my statement but roll his eyes "well I got to go.......if you know what I mean" he winks at me and rushes over to her.

My head is spinning, but I don't stop drinking. I'm down to eight bottles. That's a lot more than I can handle and I can already feel a lot more than the beer in my mouth.

"Hey sexy" I look up and see Claire Richmond, she is a couple of my classes and I have seen her around school. We are not friends so I don't know why she is talking to me right now but I am too drunk to care.

I smile groggily "hi"

She touches my arm "what's a guy like you doing all alone?" Her voice is low and I almost don't hear her over the music. I know she is flirting and she is the wrong person to flirt with right now.

"Waiting for the right girl to walk by"

But I flirt back.

She grins and I can tell she is drunk but so am I "do I fit the slot" she uses her arms as a gesture to her body and that makes me look at her closely. She is dressed in the shortest denim shorts I have ever seen and a bikini which barely covers her breasts.

I nod "we'll have to see"

It's surprising how Claire is coming on to me because I know she has a boyfriend. Rick Bane is the captain of the wrestling team; all-star state champion. I should be terrified but right now I don't give a shit. I don't know if its cause of the alcohol or just the frustration of being in the fucking closet and having no one to talk to about it.

"So where is your boyfriend?" I ask.

She comes closer to me "what he doesn't know won't hurt"

I can't believe I am agreeing to this but I take her hand and lead her to a corner in the room. She follows me willingly. She wraps her legs around my waist and my hands rest on her ass, "I've wanted to do this for so long" she says while kissing me.

I push her back against the wall with her arms wrapped around my neck tightly. Her breathing is unsteady as she kisses me. I deepen the kiss wanting to feel something; anything to get my mind off him but no matter how hard I try, this is not doing anything for me.

"Claire....what the hell are you doing?" She pushes off of me roughly and turns around and see her boyfriend "Babe it's not what you think" she says out of breath from our kiss.

It's exactly what he thinks.

He walks over to her and I take a step back and away from them. I don't think I need all this drama right now. Touching her face he asks "did he force himself on you" she stays quiet so he turns to face me "how dare you jump my girl?"

This is ridiculous.

I know I should be scared but somehow all the alcohol in my system is giving an adrenaline rush "Yeah right......Like I'd need to force myself on some slut"

He growls his face already turning red and I wince a little. I mean this dude is on the wrestling team, I should just run but before I can do anything to get out of the hole I dug for myself, he punches me in the face and I fall to the floor. I touch my face and feel blood coming out of my nose. I stand up with the help of the stairs and see him charging to me and that's when everything goes black.

Jake's pov

"Dude, you got to see this"

After me and Kim made up. I was ecstatic, she kept begging me to have sex on the beach, but I just couldn't do it. I mean sand will get everywhere. It's just gross. She left to go freshen up, so I was sitting on the sand staring at the ocean.

"What is it" I ask Dan. He's a friend, not that great a friend but we hang out sometimes "your chicks brother.....and Rick the Brick are throwing punches inside" he says in between laughs like it's funny.

I stand up still a little confused. Why the hell is he laughing? Rick is on the God damn wrestling team, he could kill Mark.

"Where are they?" I ask

He grabs my arm "come on....."

I follow him into the beach house and the first thing I see is a crowd cheering. I push my way through and see Rick standing over mark who is on the floor. I rush over and separate them before any more damage is done. Rick looks at me and all I see is anger mixed with hatred in his eyes; he looks murderous right now.

"What the actual fuck Jake" Rick seethes angrily.

I hold him from his shoulders in case he decides to attack mark again "leave him alone" 
He laughs "this doesn't concern you, so I suggest you mind your fucking business"

I shake my head "so you beat him up just because he is drunk. That's low even for you" I am trying to reason with him but the look in his eyes doesn't show remorse. He wants blood and I don't know what mark could have possibly done to him.

He pushes me and I push him back. I mean I know Rick is strong but no matter what he will never cross his boundaries. I'm higher than him on the food chain; my boys will eat his boys up and I always got my boys.

"He was screwing around with my girl" Rick says explaining himself even though I didn't ask him.

I find that hard to believe. Mark is not like that. He is calm and cautious, he wouldn't do anything as stupid as that " are you sure your girl didn't come on to him? Go have a talk with her before you jump to conclusions, besides mark is drunk he can barely stand, I'm sure he didn't know what he was doing".

We look over at mark and he is resting on the railing of the stairs "I knew what I was doing" he says slurring his words. God mark why don't you just shut up.

Before I can stop Rick he rushes over to mark and starts hitting him continuously. I run over and grab him by his shirt. "Dude, if you don't fucking leave him alone. I will fucking kill you"

I don't know why I got so angry but seeing all the blood on marks face made me angry, so angry, that I hit rick hard on the face. He tries to attack me but I hit him again. He stands up this time catching me off guard and punches my stomach. It fucking hurt but I stand up. He tries to hit me again but I hold his hand.

"Don't make a mistake you will regret'' I warn him in a serious tone.

He scoffs and looks over me then gently drops his hands down. I look at my back and see Dan, Mike and Mitch ready to back me up. I knew they were angry from the looks on their faces. Who wants the quarterback hurt? I think not.

"Whatever, you are only doing this cause you are fucking that bitch's sister, who's to say you are not fucking both" Rick says in attempt to hurt me but it doesn't work.

He starts to walk away in defeat but I stop him "Hey Rick, you forgot something" I say. He turns around waiting. I raise my hand and punch him hard on the nos. I hear a crack sound knowing his nose is definitely broken "you forgot that" I say satisfied.

The crowd starts to fade as I go over to Mark. His eyes are closed but I can tell he is awake "Mark" He opens his eyes slowly and smiles when he sees me. He is so adorable. Scratch that, what I meant to say is he is so innocent that it's adorable.

I grab him by his underarms and lift him up. He is unstable so I put his arms over my shoulder, we walk out of the house with everyone staring at us curiously.

"Where is Sam?" I ask him because I know that they are inseparable.

He closes his eyes "probably screwing another girl somewhere".

I laugh when he squints his face like a little kid and lead him to my car. I drive a black hummer jeep. He pushes off me and manages to stand upright for a second" my car is over there" he says pointing at the ocean" no.....it's there" he points to another direction.

How much did this guy drink?

I open the car door and put him in. " come on.......let's go to the moon" he slurs to me.

I smile and enter the driver's seat, " No moon today, I'm just gonna take you to my place, get you cleaned up. Don't want your dad seeing you like this" I say.

I know how over protective his dad is. He might sue someone in the process of defending his son "Do you live in the moon" he asks laughing.

I shake my head and sigh "yes I do." Its best to agree with him or the conversation will never end.

He starts singing gibberish. I couldn't get most of the words but I heard " me and Jakey off to the moon, gonna make some babies, just us two" he is so silly when he is drunk. I laugh and start the car heading over to my house.

I enter my house and my mom meets me at the door "Jake you are home earlier than you said.....is there a problem?" She is dressed in a white night gown. Her eyes are sleepy; I must've woken her up.

I shake my head reassuring her that I am fine "Can Kim's brother stay over"

She nods and says "of course.......is he alright????"

I nod and go back to my car to get him.

My mom is a sweetheart when she wants be. I love her to death. Even though we are not rich, she works hard to make me and my sister happy. I can say that I rely on her when the need arises; she is always there for me.

I wouldn't say she spoils us the way Kim's dad spoils them but we don't lack anything. Sometimes Kim can act like a princess and it really gets on my nerves although mark isn't that stuck up he doesn't flaunt his money the way Kim does.

Speaking of Kim.

SHIT!

I totally forgot to tell her I was leaving. She must be so pissed but I was just helping her brother. I'm sure she'll understand, it's not like I could've ignored him when he was getting his ass beat.

I open my door and nudge Mark gently. He shakes but doesn't wake up. I'm gonna have to carry him into my house. I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him up slowly. He is not heavy, lifting him up is easy considering how small he is next to me. I lead him into the house and then to the front of my room door.

I enter my room, and drop him on the bed gently, he stirs in his sleep but doesn't wake up. I take off his shoes and his shirt. Walking into the bathroom, I look at my reflection as I wash my hands and face.

What a day!

I grab a wash cloth from the cupboard under the sink and soak it in warm water. Taking the bowl and the cloth out of the bathroom, I stop in front of the bed and he is still sleeping, he looks dead with all these cuts and bruises. Rick really beat the shit out of him. I start to clean his wounds which makes him open his eyes abruptly.

He sits up on the bed and his eyes are suddenly wide, he would probably not remember any of this tomorrow.

"Shhhhh.........it's just me" I assure him which makes him sit back and smile. I continue to clean him up but this time he is awake. This is all really weird to me because taking care of him seems normal. I feel like I am obligated to do so and not because he is Kim's little brother.

"Jake......thanks for everything"

He still sounds drunk so I nod as I wipe the bottom of his lip softly "don't mention it"

He smiles "I love you so much Jake" his words are incoherent, it almost seems like he doesn't even know who is talking to right now.

Wow.

I'm not sure he knows what he is saying, so I keep quiet, he touches my face and I see a tear drop from his eyes " I know you don't love me back but I love you anyways" he says.

Wow. He is so drunk, at least that is what I think. He lies on the bed with his back facing me "I met a girl earlier tonight"

I go to the other side of the bed so I can see him "Really. Where?"

He smiles "Dads fucking dinner. She is so beautiful, I'd be lucky to even get a girl like her" he sounds unsure. Like he doesn't really know what he wants.

I smile and he continues "should I ask her out?" he probes looking up at me

"Oh so she's the one you meant?"

I'm not sure if he knew what I was talking about but he nods and says " uh huh....Kayla" Great. He meant to say he loves Kayla.

"Ask her out if you love her" I suggest.

He looks at me creasing his eyebrows "Love.........I don't......." Before he can complete a full sentence, his eyes close and he falls asleep again. I don't know what he was about to say but right now I feel like I have seen a side of him that he has hidden from me and everyone else I feel protective all of a sudden and there is no way I'm going to let him get hurt again.

************

Marks pov

I wake up with an excruciating headache. My whole body hurts, I can barely get up from the bed. The reflection of the sun hitting the windows is the first bang I get.

Fuck.

Where the fuck am I?

I look around and I don't recognize the room. What happened last night? I can't even remember.

Please God tell me I didn't do something stupid.

I pray silently.

I get up from the bed slowly and start to walk out of the room but before I can leave I notice someone on the floor sleeping.

I can't see his face because he is covering it all I see is his back and leg.

Where am I?

I walk closer and try to get a better view of the person but it's difficult with his back facing me. His snores are soft and steady "ummm......excuse me"

The person must be a light sleeper because of the way he jumps up "You're awake" he says.

Jake?

Why am I here right now?

What the fuck happened last night?

Jake isn't wearing a shirt and he looks so good. This is crazy "Jake, what happened?"

He smiles and stands up slowly "Don't you feel any pain?"

Well my head hurts and my face is a little numb.

Wait, why is my face numb?

I touch my face, trailing my fingers down when I reach my lips, I feel a bump.

WTF.

I go into his bathroom and look at the mirror "HOLY SHIT" I shriek.

I hear Jake laugh but this is not funny. I look like crap. I've got a black eye; my nose is all red and it looks freaking broken and there is a fucking cut on my lip. How did this happen?

"Who did this to me?" I ask

He chuckles "Well you did this to yourself"

Huh?

I would never do such a thing "that's a lie" I argue

He laughs and says "You were so drunk last night, you barely even knew what you were doing"

I rub my temples already getting frustrated with this situation. I still can't understand what he is saying right now. I know I had a lot to drink and it's his fault "what did I do?"

He tells me everything and I look at him wide eyed. Rick is so gonna make my life hell, I can't believe I made out with Claire, I don't even like her, but the most surprising thing is that Jake defended me

"Where was Kim?" I ask because I am sure if Kim was there she wouldn't have let him interfere. She literally doesn't care about me, so being in danger wouldn't have mattered to her.

"Oh shit" he says running over to a corner of the room. He picks up his jeans and checks the pocket, bringing out his phone.

"Fuck fuck fuck" he says scrolling through his phone,

I walk over to him and tell him to calm down "What is it?" I ask,

He looks at me and says "I left Kim last night, I meant to call her to let her know but I just lost track of time. Now I'm so dead, she's not gonna let this slide"

I smile and say "She is going to let it slide. She's not so stupid, letting you go will be the biggest mistake of her life"

He smile and says "Thanks......I'll just call her now" He walks into the bathroom but I still hear his side of the conversation "I'm sorry babe. Your brother needed my help. I know, I should have called. I'm sorry, come on......please"

God Kim is annoying.

Why can't she just let it go "Okay, next time we are at the beach I'll make it up to you" I smile. He's so great "you know how......." He says a little lower but I still hear him "Yeah.....we can do it on the sand"

Did he just?

Gross.

I shake my head trying to get the thought out of my head.

"All is forgiven?" I ask once he comes out of the bathroom.

He smiles and says "yep....."

I smile because I think it's the appropriate thing to do. I part my lips about to say something that I don't mean when I feel all my mistakes from last night in my throat. I put my hand on my mouth and run into his bathroom.

With my head in the toilet, I puke.

Jake walks into the bathroom " Was wondering when you were gonna do that"

I sit on the floor beside the toilet seat "I feel gross" I wipe my mouth and he nods leaving me there.

Great, I scared him away.

I throw up again and again.

After a minute Jake walks back in and says "Here you go" I look at his hand and he is holding a bottle of water. So he didn't run away, he still wants to help me. I collect the bottle and he sits on the floor next to me.

"After you stop puking drink it all" he orders and frankly I like the dominant tone in his voice. I wouldn't mind him ordering me around.

I drink the water and I feel so much better "I think I should go" I tell him. I loved staying with him but things were getting uncomfortable and I could not control myself. His body was calling me and I wanted to jump his bones right there, RIGHT NOW.

"Are you hungry?" he asks. Why does he want me to stay?

"Nah.....I'll just eat when I get home" I can't stay here any longer; I need to leave. This is all too much for me. He raises his brow and I know that look, he doesn't believe me. I know every expression that this man has from all the years of watching him secretly.

He nods "Okay but we have a problem"

"What problem?"

He smiles faintly "Your car is still at the beach"

Can this day get any worse?

He goes into his closet and comes out fully dressed, I totally forgot he was half naked before. Almost like I had gotten used to seeing him shirtless. "I'll just drop you home"

I shake my head disagreeing immediately. He has already done too much for me. I can't ask him for anything else "Take me to my car. I'll drive home"

He looks at me and I can tell he is about to object so I stop him" Jake I swear I am fine"

He nods with a sigh "Okay. Can you change what you are wearing? I don't want your dad seeing you like this" I look at my shirt and it is covered in blood stains; I didn't even notice it before. He walks back to his closet and hands me a black shirt. I recognize this shirt instantly; this was the first shirt I ever saw on him. It was the day Kim brought him over for the first time.

"Dweeb. Don't scare him away" Kim says flicking me on my forehead. It was hilarious because she seemed nervous and Kim is never nervous.

We hear the doorbell and Kim rushes over to answer the door. I watch her as she hesitates to open the door and I know that this guy is the real deal. She wants everyone to like him because she likes him.

I was fourteen and Kim was fifteen. I walk to the door and I see Jake for the first time—in that shirt and it almost feels like my heart is about to burst out of my chest. I couldn't understand the feelings that were surfacing and they were freaking me out.

He smiles at me "Hi......I'm Jake" he says stretching out his hand to shake me.

I shake him back and it feels like I am being electrocuted. Kim pushes me away " fuck off Mark, come on Jake let's go to my room" It doesn't take her a second to act like the bitch that she is. Jake nods but stops and smiles at me again " nice meeting you mark.......guess I'll see you around" I nod still speechless.

He is so beautiful.

"It's an old shirt but it should be your size" I'm not small but I am not as built as he is so I understand where he is coming from "Thanks."

I'm glad I love this boy even if he doesn't feel the same. I will be grateful with the little time I can spend with him. He is amazing and I am glad he has my heart and no one else.

Jakes pov

I take Mark to the beach in search of his car. He looks at me and smiles goofily. I don't know why but I am happy that he is happy—maybe it's because of what he went through last night.

"Thanks again Jake" he says still smiling. 

I grin "No probs.....it's the least I can do"

He blushes and puts his head down obviously embarrassed.

I can feel it. He is hiding something. I'm not sure what it is but a part of me doesn't want to know, "I'll see you later" he says quickly and enters his car.

I nod and he drives off.

I smile and get back into my car. I'm about to start the car when I hear my phone ring. I sigh and pick it up " jay where are you",

Smiling.

I can recognize that voice anywhere "Hi Bea."

Beatrice is my twin.

I love my twin sister. She literally knows everything about me—well just the important stuff and she does the same. We are identical except most of the time she likes to argue about who is hotter.

"Hey to you too, I didn't see you last night"

Aww. Isn't she sweet? She could have come to the party with us but she really hates Kim. I don't get why everyone hates Kim. I get that she can be a little bitchy at times but she is perfect otherwise—at least for me and so much more. Yeah I know she's a little spoilt but they don't know her like I do so people should stop judging her.

"I came home stupid"

She shouts "Like fuck you did. Why didn't you come over to my room? You could have let me know" she's probably pacing back and forth. She's so predictable.

"I'm coming home now mom"

"You better" she must be rolling her eyes right about now. I hang up the phone and start my drive home.

**************

"Jake Hill, you better explain yourself right now."

The first thing I see when I walk through the front door is bee standing there waiting, tapping her right foot aggressively.

"Jeez.....let me breathe woman" I chuckle finding this whole scenario amusing.

She smacks my head but not too hard "That's what you get for scaring me. I'm sure you saw my missed calls last night."

I did see them but I was too tired to reply "I'm sorry.....why don't we go eat and I'll explain"

She sighs "please let that bitch not have been the reason for not answering my phone"

I glare at her. No matter how close we are she has no right to badmouth my girlfriend. I wouldn't just sit and watch anyone say anything bad about her. "Whatever. I say it like I see it"

I'm nothing like Bea. I mean we are actually opposites. She is wild and carefree while I like to stay on the safe lane—I obey the rules but she doesn't care for them. She hates Kim while I adore Kim.......see complete opposites.

"Do you wanna know what happened or are you gonna keep complaining about my girlfriend"

She nods with an eye roll "Do tell brother"

I smile and we go to the kitchen. I love my sister and I love Kim but when I was telling Bea what happened all I could think about was Mark and his amazing smile. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

753 7 21
Mark starts getting feelings for his bestfriend little brother he also becomes protective against the little brother when he finds out the little br...
939K 20.2K 36
Brody Nelson is the king of his school, he has girls swooning over him, guys wanting to be him for just a day and a girlfriend everybody wishes they...
96.2K 3.2K 22
Jack has had a crush on Mark since..... Forever really. He just can't tell him about it because he fears it will ruin their relationship they have. I...
2K 56 21
When Max's parents go on vacation, he decides to spend the week with his best friend, Lilly, who also happens to be the sister of his long-time strai...