Arrow To The Knee

By demonvampire

''Where did you learn to shoot like that? It takes skill to be able to do what you did back there,'' Clint a... More

Arrow To The Knee
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20

chapter 16

9.4K 280 12
By demonvampire

   Clint begins to wake up.  He opens his eyes and everything in a blur.  Too bright to keep his eyes open, he closes them again.    He begins to sit up as he tries getting his eyes to adjust.  Someone that is in the room begins talking. he assumes to him.  He just kinda groans back.  He gets his eyes adjusted and looks around.  Steve is in the room with him.
        ''Clint, are you okay?''
        ''Um , yeah, I think so.  Head hurts a slight bit.  What happened?'' he looks around, he's in one of the small medical rooms sitting on a bed.
        ''We aren't exactly sure.    There was an explosion in a neighborhood, and thinking that it could have been the same person as last time, me Tony, and Natasha went to check it out.  Once we cleared some of the rubble we found you and Cheyenne passed out.  Do you remember anything that happened?''
        ''Last thing I remember was being with Cheyenne in her house.  she was telling me a bit more about herself, which was all kind of depressing, so we sat down on the couch that was down there.  There was some loud noise, and that's all I remember.  How is she?  Where is she at?''
        ''She's doing fine, her head was bleeding a bit and she'll probably be a bit bruised up, but she's in another room with Natasha.  Half hour before you woke up Banner came in here telling me how she was, and asked me how you were doing,'' Clint tries getting up but Steve stops him.  ''I don't think you should be leaving just yet Clint.  You took a pretty big hit, and you were out for quite some time.''
        ''How long?''
        ''Almost a day.  Just stay in here until Banner gets back to check on you.''
        ''I just wanna check on Cheyenne, that's all,'' Steve just gives him a look.  ''Look, Steve, I'll be right back.  She's in there with Natasha.  Natasha doesn't exactly like her.''
        ''Then this will give them time to bond.  Now just sit and relax, Banner should be coming back over soon to see how you're doing.  I'll go see if he's in the hall,'' Steve walks over to the door and looks out into the hall way.  He makes a hand movement indicating that someone was out there.  Steve moves more into the room and Banner walks in.  ''He woke up about five minutes ago and is itching to get out.''
        ''Wouldn't you be,'' Banner looks over at Clint.  ''So how are you feeling?  Any dizziness, light headedness, headache, can't see straight?  Anything that would lead to a concussion?''
        ''I feel fine.  My head slightly hurts, but a house fell on me, I'm going to be a little sore.''
        ''If it doesn't go away make sure to tell me.  Or if you get any symptoms of a concussion, if nothing is wrong then there's nothing to worry about,'' he looks at Steve.  ''Thanks for keeping an eye on him.''
        ''No problem.  Glad to do so,'' Steve walks out of the room.
        ''How's Cheyenne?  Steve said she was fine, but you probably know more than him,'' Clint stands up.
        ''She's doing fine.  What were you two doing there anyway?  Was that her house?''
        ''Yeah.  She needed to pick up a few things.''
        ''That must have been why Natasha had that duffed bag.  It was filled with a few of her things I'm guessing.  But she doesn't have any major injuries.  Wound to the head and by the time I saw the both of you you already had some bruises.  It seems like she got hit harder, nothing is broken, just bruises, she may limp a bit, apparently there was a big piece of rubble on her leg.  I'm not sure if she's awake yet, but she's right down the hall if you wanna go see her.'' 
        ''Okay, thanks Banner,'' Clint leaves the room and goes down the hall.  He knocks on one of the doors and someone from the inside opens it.  Its Natasha.  ''Hey Natasha.  I came to see how Cheyenne was doing.''
        ''She's doing fine, she woke up a bit ago.  We've been talking for a bit,'' Clint peers into the room and see's Cheyenne sitting up on the bed.  She has a bandage around her head.  ''We're getting along to say the least.''
        ''Can I talk to her for a bit.  I need to ask her a few things.''
        ''I don't mind.  I'm getting tired anyway.  I'm off to bed.  See you later, Clint,'' Natasha walks out and down the hall.
        Clint walks into the room.  ''Hey Cheyenne.''
        ''Hey,'' Cheyenne looks up at him smiling.  ''How are you doing?''
        ''Got a bleeding head, but besides that I'm fine.  Do you know if any of them got the bag that was under all the rubble as well?''
        ''Yeah they did.  I think its in your room.  Do you want to go look?''
        ''Yeah.  I need to start on that research,'' she gets up and her and Clint walk out of the medical room and to Cheyenne's room.

        ''What did you even have in that bag?''
        ''Just some clothes, books, and my laptop.  If I'm right on who set these past two bombs, then this may be  someone that I was after before, and she's a bit tricky to catch.''
        ''Just like you?'' Clint smiles at her.
        She chuckles a bit.  ''Yes, but she has people working for her, so even if her work gets done, that doesn't mean she did it personality.  Don't wanna risk getting caught I guess.''
        They get to her room and she goes in with Clint following behind her.  The bag is sitting in the middle of the room.  Cheyenne picks it up and sets it on her bed and unzips it.  Everything is still in there.  She takes everything out besides the clothes and tosses the bag into a corner.  ''So do you mind finally telling me who the suspect is?''
        ''I believe that it is Viper.  Steve knows her.  I also believe that some of her men are working in the Helicarrier.  How else would they know about us going out to eat or that we were going over to my house.  There has to at least be a handful of people, but it could very well possibly be half the staff here.''
        ''Why would they be on the Helicarrier?  I could understand maybe one or two people, but why would so many of them want to be part of S.H.I.E.L.D.?''
        ''They work for Hydra.  Viper is also Madam Hydra.''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 29 19
Raelynn Dunnbar was only seven when her parents died from a terrible incident, after their final experiment on her. David and Vivian Dunnbar wanted t...
3.8K 114 33
"I retired from that life. I don't even have my suit anymore, the feds took it when I went under house arrest," - After her team was torn apart by a...
1.1M 27.1K 73
What, never heard of her? Typical. She has more kills than the Winter Solider. She was taken when she was 4 for her powers. When she escaped she dec...
4.5K 26 102
Lara Twiney was a girl who was kidnapped by a mysterious organisation, she was tortured and experimented on. After having hid from her past for 2 yea...